IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan frowns. This wasn't the haul he was expecting.

"Copper coins are too heavy but we can take the gold and some silver to the mayor, at least. The items... would be best served combatting the Serpent God's forces directly, I'd think... in our hands." He says.

"Sister, can you detect the weaves of Magic, please?" Aldan asks

"In either event, Zasio, silver works against things normal steel doesn't." he says passing the sword up. "And Tyragorn, this could be an upgrade to your warhammer, left by the designs of Heironeous, Himself." he passes the black weapon to the paladin.

"I can only guess that the dice and statue are ordinary, we can inquire about their nature, getting them to their proper owners, after this endeavor. But I'll wait until Sister Bright's magical determination."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica looks a little hesitant to cast the magic, but curiosity gets the better of her.

After a few moments she moves a few items apart from the others. The short sword, the war hammer, the boots and the brooch.

"Those are the only things with magic in them," She says after doing a second pass over the loot.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"While you still have the magics invoked, anything else in the office that radiates enchantment?" Aldan asks.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 19 AC:18

Tyragorn took the hammer from Aldan. "You should not speak of the Just One as if you know his plans. We'll return this to its owner when we're finished here." He took a step back and tested the grip and balance of the hammer.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"You come across a magic weapon just before we have a chance to confront great evil and you *don't* think it's part of the Design of your Deity? A less generous person might say that's a tad un-pious, if you ask me... but I'm just a layman." Aldan says shrugging, holding hands up in surrender. "Georgia? Boots or Broach? Sister Bright can bear the other. I'll officially wear that ring from the temple earlier, with the protection magics." Aldan says, "That way we all have something, at least. Sound fair?"

He proceeds to sweep the loose gold, non-magical dice, statue, and mask into his pouch, then pulls the sacks of silver up so they can all divy the weight to get back to the Boozy Badger.

"Anyone see the cache of weapons or keys?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica shakes her head, "I'm not seeing anything else magic in here."

"The only place I can think of that the weapons could be is behind the locked door," She adds, glancing around, "Maybe we should just break the lock?"

Tyragorn examination finds the hammer to be exceptionally well made and it feels incredibly sturdy in his hands.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
HP: 23
AC: 14
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

Zasio took the offered short sword without comment, inspecting the weapon for a moment and trying to decipher the Eleven words engraved on it.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"I was hoping we'd have found the key by now." Aldan says, pulling out a set of lockpicks.

"Interrupt me if you find the key..." he says getting to work.
lock: 1d20+6 24
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The only challenge Aldan encounters in opening the lock is the fact that it's rusty and the mechanism was sticking. Even then he'd opened it within a moment of starting.

It was a small closet space filled with weapons of dubious quality. Better than wood axes and pitchforks, but only just. There's a dozen spears with iron tips. Another two dozen wooden spears that were just wood shafts carved to a tip. A single battered longsword, three shortswords, and a pair of small axes.

All the weapons look like they could use some maintenance, and that they'd seen some action. But as battered as they might have been each was still capable of doing harm.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan frowned. Between the coins and the weapons they'll be moving slowly.

"Let's find bags or sacks or such. This is a lot of weight. We'll... do what we can."
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:41 am "You come across a magic weapon just before we have a chance to confront great evil and you *don't* think it's part of the Design of your Deity? A less generous person might say that's a tad un-pious, if you ask me... but I'm just a layman." Aldan says shrugging, holding hands up in surrender. "Georgia? Boots or Broach? Sister Bright can bear the other. I'll officially wear that ring from the temple earlier, with the protection magics." Aldan says, "That way we all have something, at least. Sound fair?"

He proceeds to sweep the loose gold, non-magical dice, statue, and mask into his pouch, then pulls the sacks of silver up so they can all divy the weight to get back to the Boozy Badger.

"Anyone see the cache of weapons or keys?"

"My daddy would say; just thank whosoever is listening and keep on keeping on. Be thankful for your good fortune but the work don't finish itself." Georgia says as she examines the boots and broach.

"I think I'll take the boots." She finally decides before immediately slipping them on, and doing a little test walk.

She seems perfectly comfortable in them despite having hooves on her feet.
Arkrite wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:25 am The only challenge Aldan encounters in opening the lock is the fact that it's rusty and the mechanism was sticking. Even then he'd opened it within a moment of starting.

It was a small closet space filled with weapons of dubious quality. Better than wood axes and pitchforks, but only just. There's a dozen spears with iron tips. Another two dozen wooden spears that were just wood shafts carved to a tip. A single battered longsword, three shortswords, and a pair of small axes.

All the weapons look like they could use some maintenance, and that they'd seen some action. But as battered as they might have been each was still capable of doing harm.
"Well its a load of junk, but its better than nothing. Which is what we should leave them with. Anything we can't take with us we should make so they can't use it later."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan
Passive Perception:14 | Init:+4 | AC:16 | HP:11/14

"Remember, you might need to spend an hour trying different things with these items to discover other properties they might have. The boots and broach almost certainly." He says allocating the boots to Georgia and the broach to the nun. He goes over to where he left the coin sacks including his shoulder bag. Bracing himself he lifts the pack... and has to catch himself as the weight is unexpected.

"Oh, wait. This might've gotten a lot easier." He quickly puts the sacks of silver into the recovered shoulder bag, testing the heft after each apportioned sack. Soon the thousand silver coins disappear into the bag with no indication of their bulk. "Find something to wrap the tips of the spears and bind the edges of anything sharp." Aldan says retrieving the copper coins from the cache and similarly 'vanishing' them into the bag.

After they're wrapped he'll see what he can fit additionally into the pack. He'll start with bulky over weight. the fighting types could carry an extra sword or such, but bundles of spears would be hard to explain -the wrapped iron-tipped one first.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 19 AC:18

"I saw a cart outside that we can use to carry the weapons. It's big enough we shouldn't have to leave anything for the enemy." Tyragorn grabbed an armful of spears. "I'll start loading it up."

"Leave some money for the village. Most of it was probably stolen from the honest people here."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"We're giving coin and weapons to the Mayor." Aldan reassures. "We don't want to leave it in the hands of the snake worshippers."

Aldan continues to fit what he can in the bad, overflow will goo on to the cart.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The spears can be dropped in one or two at a time, resulting in a bizarre visual as the six to seven feet long spears drop in to a bag far smaller than that.
After a few moments the swords and axes follow.

The armory is emptied, and the bag still feels no heavier than when you started.