IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Arkrite »

"He left with his sons. Afraid he didn't say much but they rightly looked dressed for a fight. But he promised his wife that he wouldn't, and told me to get some food on the oven as he'd be back with guests," Belba rubs her hands on her apron, "I'm not sure where he went after he left the door though."
If you spend some time to inspect the magical items
Boots of Elvenkind: While you wear these boots, your steps make no sound, regardless of the surface you are moving across. You also have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks that rely on moving silently.

Brooch of Shielding: While wearing this brooch, you have resistance to force damage, and you have immunity to damage from the magic missile spell.

Tears of The Moon: A silver sword crafted by a great elven blademaster. Twelve were made, forged in silver under moonlight, and given to great heroes to protect the kingdom. On it's blade ancient runes are carved into a poem in the honor of Sehanine Moonbow. +1 Short Sword, Silver.

Beacon: A hammer that while gilded with gold, gives off the feeling of a watchful parent who brooks no nonsense. There are no markings to indicate who built it or why, but it feels at home in Tyragorn's hands. +1 Warhammer, can invoke a light spell targeted on the hammer itself at will.
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan
Passive Perception:14 | Init:+4 | AC:16 | HP:14/14

Aldan thanks the inn mistress. He'll make sure everyone who wants food and drink has it.

"We should rest, fellows; an hour perhaps. I'll check with Travers where he wants the weapons and coin unloaded." Aldan says.
[And the ring Aldan bears that they took off of Misha? I assume it's something like Ring of Protection +1 or something?]
During the short rest Aldan will use a hit die to recover HP, at this level, 3HP can be a lot and might as well go out fully healed, not sure if we'll have a chance to rest later. 1d8+Con bonus is at least 3 without rolling.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 21 AC:18

It appeared that there was no convincing Cirilli gently. Tyragorn sighed. The rest would do them good. Then when they were ready to go, he would have to put it to her more firmly.
Will do the same as Aldan and drop a hit die for 2 point of healing. No other abilities restore after a short rest
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

When they got a moment when Cirilli was elsewhere, Tyragorn pulled the group together in a quiet corner. "I think we all agree that Cirilli can't help us and will probably die if she tries. I don't know what else we can do but lock her up until we're away from here." He frowned. "It would be for her own good."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan frowns. "I'm... not sure what to do here." Aldan admits. "I'll go with what you all decide. Let me know."
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Georgia Fiddler
HP: 16/16 AC: 15
Spell slots: 2/3 left
Shock wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:41 am Tyragorn

When they got a moment when Cirilli was elsewhere, Tyragorn pulled the group together in a quiet corner. "I think we all agree that Cirilli can't help us and will probably die if she tries. I don't know what else we can do but lock her up until we're away from here." He frowned. "It would be for her own good."
I will follow the others example and use a hit dice to heal up.
1d8+1: 4
Gerogia frowned deeply. "I get what you're saying, I agree with the first part but let me reiterate your suggestion. You think that we should take the girl who is deeply traumatized from being trapped in a prison cell...and lock her up for her own good. You get why that would backfire horribly right? There's got to be a better option."

She rubs her temples, "Look we still have a little time before we need to start searching the swamp for the snakes nest. We can try to talk sense to her one more time. If that doesn't work, once things are secure we can sneak off before she notices. I'll knock her out with magic if I have to."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"I'd rather we ask the inn's mistress to slip a sleep tonic into her drink. I think she'd do it." he looks speculatively to where the older human female bustles about. "If persuasion doesn't work." he hastens to add.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
HP: 23
AC: 14
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

"Georgia has a point." Zasio says. "The girl has survived an ordeal and is now struggling to adjust, locking her up "for her own good" might only strengthen her resolve to latch onto us since we saved her."

"Either way, Georgia or Aldan's suggestion seems a better option to me. Whichever the group feels is best."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn sighed. "You're right. I didn't think of that. I just want to keep her alive. Your idea is better."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan
Passive Perception:14 | Init:+4 | AC:17 | HP:14/14

Aldan nods at the discussion.

"This is all moot unless we have a direction to go from here." Aldan says. "Hopefully he mayor has a clue, otherwise we go in the remarkably general directions in the swamp that Abramo prattled off and hope beyond hope Zasio can pick up tracks."

He'll leave word to be notified as soon as the mayor showed up and requested a meet with the man (after the group's rest).
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Shock wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:13 am Tyragorn

Tyragorn sighed. "You're right. I didn't think of that. I just want to keep her alive. Your idea is better."
Georgia gives his arm a pat. "I know, you didn't mean anything by it. Its just we're dealing with a situation where things have to be handled delicately. On top of all the other craziness that's been dropped into our laps."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

You have time to investigate your new gear, and have a quick meal.
As you sit there a number of people come in, looking around wildly before finding somebody to rush over and sit with, or being collected by Ollwin the innkeeper and tended to.

Zarren, one of the Mayor's sons, comes in carrying the kindly old lady Vilma Merridie. The old woman seems to be in fine condition and high spirits. Belba herself comes out of the kitchen to set the old woman at a small table next to the fire, where the old woman sits serenely watching the crowds with a smile as she works at some needlepoint.

Viric comes in with a number of people you've never met before, and a grumpy looking Ramne the hermit. He harrumphs loudly, obviously not please at being brought here. After the barest of glances he spots your table and immediately hobbles over, helping himself to a seat without asking, sitting down next to Cirilli who's since rejoined the group, using the excuse of a warm meal to avoid talking to anybody.

"You smell terrible," He says, giving Cirilli a critical look as he wrinkles his nose.

"So do you," Cirilli shoots back, giving him a suspicious look.

He scoffs, then picks at his collar and gives it a sniff. He winces, then steals a bun from Cirilli's overloaded plate.
The young lady pulls her plate away from the hermit, warding off any further attempts to steal her food with a brandished fork.

Finally as the inn is filled to capacity Zakarias makes an appearance. He's followed by two people most notable for being the only people besides the Mayor's family to actually be carrying real weapons and armor. A middle aged man in chainmail, with a longsword, longbow and quiver is accompanied by a younger woman wearing a breastplate, carrying her own sword and a spear. Between the two of them they're herding three small children, who all scamper off to play with other children the instant they see them.

The woman gives the room a hard look, the man seems less concerned, giving the room a dull look while wiping some sweat off his forehead.

Zakarias makes his way over to your table, giving the hermit a long look. The hermit cheerfully ignores him, continuing to attempt to steal Cirilli's food as the opportunities arise.

"Please, tell me that you were successful in your efforts to collect the weapons?" Zakarias asks the party.
Zasio
The dull eyed man actually gave a ranger sign that Zasio would recognize from his time in the army. The man doesn't look familiar, but he's obviously worked with the same army you have. The signal was an old shorthand to let the rangers from the units know friendlies in questionable territory.
In the field the signal is basically just a query about any suspected danger in the local area. There are many responses, though generally in this case it's a simple affirmative that there is danger, indicating they shouldn't approach, or an all clear which indicates that the area is safe.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan
Passive Perception:14 | Init:+4 | AC:17 | HP:14/14

Aldan pats the messenger bag at his shoulder.

"I can unload them where ever you want: A dozen spears with iron tips. Two dozen wooden ones. A longsword that's seen better days, three shortswords, and a brace of axes." Aldan says. "And a bunch of coin I doubt you'll find in the sheriffs books - mostly copper and silver. Not useful now but it'll help rebuild. Though I wish your blacksmith wasn't insane. Some of the silver could have gone to making weapons a few of our weapons more effective against supernatural foes. I don't know what we'll be encountering." he frowns. "Speaking of, have the elven investigators you invited here turn up anything, we could certainly use a lead or information if we're going after the snake entity behind all of this."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Zakarias shakes his head, "They were searching the forests to the west, that's where we thought the trouble had come form, and they've been gone a few days already. They should be coming back directly now, but I don't know how long it'll take for them to get back."

He looks distant for a moment then turns his attention back to you, "It'd be good if we can get the spears ready to deploy. I've got a couple people working as scouts, but it looks like what happened at the Temple may have put us right at the tipping point. I was hoping they'd scatter, but I'm worried they might be gathering their forces."

"On the bright side, thanks to you, we'll have a serious advantage if it comes to that. Thank you."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
HP: 23
AC: 14
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

The woman gives the room a hard look, the man seems less concerned, giving the room a dull look while wiping some sweat off his forehead.
--
The dull eyed man actually gave a ranger sign that Zasio would recognize from his time in the army. The man doesn't look familiar, but he's obviously worked with the same army you have. The signal was an old shorthand to let the rangers from the units know friendlies in questionable territory.
In the field the signal is basically just a query about any suspected danger in the local area. There are many responses, though generally in this case it's a simple affirmative that there is danger, indicating they shouldn't approach, or an all clear which indicates that the area is safe.
Zasio notices the subtle sign the older man gives and while bringing his drink to his lips the half elf gives the responding hand sign that this location was safe.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!