IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan is surprised to say the least. He informs Tyragorn that they don't need the cart, afterall.

"Anything else we need to do here or shall we get back to the Badger? My inclination would be to stop at the dairy farm North of here before we return to assess the family there. They seemed to be a people that took pride in their land and livestock. So far that's been an indication that the residents are untainted." Aldan says. "But if anyone here doesn't think the delay is worth it, we can go straight to the inn. These people are on the edge of town, they may be safer."

"Thoughts?" he asks.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 19 AC:18

Tyragorn watched as Aldan filled the bag with far more than should fit. "Let's finish what we came for. They'll be much safer if the enemy doesn't have weapons."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan
Passive Perception:14 | Init:+4 | AC:16 | HP:11/14

Aldan nods, the paladin's words making a lot of sense. "Let's get straight to the Boozy Badger, then."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"I'll lead. Let's be fast." Tyragorn left the way they came in and, with the others in tow, headed back toward the inn. He kept his eyes open for any sign of a threat.
Perception check: 1d20+2 19
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Tyragorn can hear some commotion coming from the far east, but nothing visible and nothing nearby.

Across the road the three little girls are currently watching a bush next to their property. A bush where a filthy looking young woman is peeking out at you.

Upon realizing she's been spotted Cirilli ducks back into the bush, where she hides for a few seconds before she realizes it isn't working, and gives Tyragorn a sheepish little wave.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan just shakes his head in disappointment. "No. Stealth skills like that will not serve your revenge." the robed elf says.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn took a softer tone. "Cirilli, please. Stay here and protect your home. The best revenge you can get is making sure the evil plan fails."
Persuasion check: 1d20+5 10
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"I don't want revenge, I want to feel safe! But there's nowhere safe while that monster is still alive. Except, maybe, with you," She says, standing up out of the bush and brushing some leaves off her, "If I'm that bad at sneaking then teach me. I'll learn!"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn shook his head. "There's no time. Our experience has been earned over months or years. Don't rush into danger so soon after your rescue."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"I'm already in danger," She shakes with frustration biting back tears, "They attacked us in our home, people we thought were friends betrayed us, my own family left me-"

She chokes on the tears then raises her head, taking deep breath, "They're all around us, and I don't know who they are. The only people I can trust are you. You're the only ones I know aren't with them."

"You're the only place where I'm not in danger," she mumbles, clutching her mace to her chest like a child might cling to a doll.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aware that they were out in the open, being observed, and under a time constraint, Aldan fairly hisses. "We're going to a safe place, with people *we* trust. You can stay with them. They'll need your help and you'll do more good there than tagging along with us. Hopefully we'll be able to convince you of that."

"But either way, we're moving now." He says stalking off toward the Boozy Badger, trusting the others to keep up.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"Aldan's right. We can't argue out here." Tyragorn followed the elf back to the inn.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Georgia Fiddler
HP: 13/16 AC: 15
Spell slots: 2/3 left

Arkrite wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:17 am "I'm already in danger," She shakes with frustration biting back tears, "They attacked us in our home, people we thought were friends betrayed us, my own family left me-"

She chokes on the tears then raises her head, taking deep breath, "They're all around us, and I don't know who they are. The only people I can trust are you. You're the only ones I know aren't with them."

"You're the only place where I'm not in danger," she mumbles, clutching her mace to her chest like a child might cling to a doll.

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:30 am Aware that they were out in the open, being observed, and under a time constraint, Aldan fairly hisses. "We're going to a safe place, with people *we* trust. You can stay with them. They'll need your help and you'll do more good there than tagging along with us. Hopefully we'll be able to convince you of that."

"But either way, we're moving now." He says stalking off toward the Boozy Badger, trusting the others to keep up.
Shock wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:22 am Tyragorn

"Aldan's right. We can't argue out here." Tyragorn followed the elf back to the inn.
Georgia pulls Cirilli into a hug. "Come on, Darling walk with me."

As they walk, Georgia keeps a comforting arm over Cirilli's shoulder. "Now Aldan's being a little impatient and Tyrgorn isn't getting the point across right, but they mean well. Calling what you're going through a rough time would be a criminal understatement. You deserve to feel safe. We want you to feel safe. But we also want you to BE safe. I think that's where we're all hitting a snag. Because to make sure you're safe we need to cut the head off this snake, metaphorically and possibly literally. But to do that, we adventuring types need to go places that are distinctly not safe. Which is why we don't want to bring you with us;while nowhere in this town might be entirely safe, chance are we will be heading into the heart of danger. If we had the time to teach you everything you'd need to know to come with us, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But sadly life ain't that accommodating, and neither is this cult. Can you see where I'm coming from? It would break my heart if you got hurt following us into danger."

OOC: Persuasion 1d20+6: 12
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"I'm not safe. I've just moved from one cage to another," Cirilli mumbles, "And I'm not going to wait for somebody to save me this time."

The trip to the Boozy Badger is rather quiet. As usual there's almost nobody to be seen on the streets, and the town is eerily silent.
When you arrive at the inn you find Travers standing outside the door looking as grim and inviting as ever. He glances over at you go in, but doesn't say anything. The main room of the inn is filled with the usual random customers from yesterday.

Karia and her younger kids are seated at one table. Her husband and older sons are nowhere to be seen.

Belba bustles over.

"Strange things are afoot," She says quietly, "I heard there was problems at the temple, and now it sounds like the mayor is rallying troops."

She twists a wash cloth between her hands for a moment before shaking her head, "Well, he said he'd explain when he got back. Would you like anything to drink or eat-" she trails off and sniffs the air, and gently asks "Or a bath?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Do you know where the mayor went?" Aldan says immediately worried that the older human was without his bodyguard, Travers, outside.