IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shock

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 21 AC:18

"How hard could the beasts be to find? I doubt they're covering their tracks."
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Through a swamp? Not many tracks in a swamp, I'm told. But yes, we could go out there and hope to find a clue - trusting to the skills of Zasio. But I'd love to have another option." Aldan says. "If only as back up to our scout's expert talent."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"There must be some way that the goblins find their way. Has anyone seen how they get into town?"
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
HP: 23
AC: 14
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)
Aldan wrote: "Through a swamp? Not many tracks in a swamp, I'm told. But yes, we could go out there and hope to find a clue - trusting to the skills of Zasio. But I'd love to have another option." Aldan says. "If only as back up to our scout's expert talent."
"Unfortunately Aldan, I do not believe we have that option." Zasio says, not bothered by the Elf's need of 0lans upon plans.
Tyragorn wrote: "There must be some way that the goblins find their way. Has anyone seen how they get into town?"
"Not seen personally, but I've gotten good enough descriptions of where the cart has entered the swamp to transport prisoners to the hidden headquarters. With the kind of regular travel through the area it should be child's play to follow."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"We should get moving on that as soon as we can after a rest."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan frowns. "Sister Bright, no way you can think of to free any of these people from their mental afflictions, maybe get a good description of the route they were taken there or what they saw?" He asks, just one final confirmation.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica shakes her head.

"I've heard of powerful spells that might help us, but I don't have access to them yet," She admits quietly.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"Don't feel bad Sister Bright, Pelor will give you the power when you are ready for it."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan
Passive Perception:14 | Init:+4 | AC:17 | HP:14/14

"Well, let's rest for tonight then start out early tomorrow. To the swamps... To trek around... In the swamps." Aldan says, getting less and less enthused as he speaks.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"Evil isn't welcome where good people live. But we go where we have to in order to end it."

Tyragorn turned to the townspeople. "Are there any injuries that need care?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Zakarias is grateful to Tyragorn and Jessica as they assist the injured townspeople. It's a long day, but by the end of it everybody has been seen to. It's unlikely that anybody who survived the fight will die, though the loss of the town's clergy is going to be felt over the next few days with clerical healing magic no longer available to ease injuries and speed up recovery.

Belba greets you as you return to the inn with a bowl of stew and a large fresh bun. One of the farmers has brought fresh butter, and Ollwin brings out a small pot of honey for any who might be interested in it.

As the night falls the town is still lively and bustling as people work to contain and guard the captured foes.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

There are no events during the night, please feel free to let me know what your plans are for the morning, if you have any, of if you are all intending to go straight to tracking the trail back to the enemy's headquarters.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan will express interest in searching the Golden Grain Inn. He suspects a hotbed of activity and potential pilfered resources the cultists had stockpiled against the free forces of the town.

He'll invite someone along for a joint search, maybe even a couple teams.
Hopefully he can roll Investigation with Advantage (w/assistance) {if not, he'll spend Inspiration for it}
investigation: 1d20+5 12
investigation: 1d20+5 23
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Searching the Golden Grain Inn reveals a few things.
Being more adept at finding hidden doors, Aldan discovers that there are hidden doorways leading into most of the rooms, and a hidden hallway connecting to another room.
It's not hard to figure out what this was for as you find a merchant, Iggy Olivero, locked in one of the rooms.

He indicates that he was kidnapped by the people who ran the inn, his cloths and merchandise stolen, and was in the process of being ransomed. They hadn't heard back from his family in Hookhill.

A search of the main floor finds a bottle of something that isn't alcohol behind the counter. Zasio will know that it's actually the sap of a local plant that, in low dosages will lower inflammation but make people groggy. In higher doses it can cause people to fall unconscious, though at those levels it is a very small step before it results in death instead.

One of the rooms contains a locked strongbox under the bed. Opening it nearly results in Aldan's death, as he barely avoids setting off a poison pin. inside the box is a number of gemstones, 473 gold coins, a potion that is poison, a healing potion, and a potion of gaseous form.

Another room on the main floor contains a chest with another 135 Gold, 255 Silver and 800 Copper hidden beneath a false bottom.
It also included a hidden trap door leading into some tunnels under the Inn. The tunnels lead to a large dirt chamber, which looks to have held people at some point in time. From there two large barred doors lead to different areas. One, once opened, reveals a storage room with three large but empty chests.

The other barred door leads to a dark room filled with bones and three viscous ghouls.
The door being barred is more than enough to keep the ravenous undead trapped.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[I'm glad elves don't need much 'sleep' this sounded like a full episode

Aldan leans his full weight against the frantically barred door feeling the ghouls pound and scrabble against the other side. First the trap that any first-year should have spotted, now the ghouls almost tearing him a new face hole. "This inn..." he says through labored breathing to whoever's present, "... is getting a scathingly unfavorable review in whatever travel guide I might write documenting our time in the country."

He pats the much more filled if none-the-heavier pouch slung over his shoulder. The town will certainly be grateful for the copper and the anti-inflammation medicine. The rest he'd split or save for the group as needs must since their journey was far from over.