[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by Supernaturalist »

So do I need to edit the post? That was a poster-error, but it could be an "Iona-error" after all, she does not have Eidetic Memory.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

While I figure ooc the heart plus Diegos proximity caused the issues, is John flat out saying IC that the heart caused the visions?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I will leave the post edit up to you Supernaturalist. Just know that as it stands, Iona's voicing an error like that may cause some confusion. If you like, you may also make a DC 20 Memory check (base Intellect bonus) to help you determine whether Iona remembers or not.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Sakuro wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:32 pm I will leave the post edit up to you Supernaturalist. Just know that as it stands, Iona's voicing an error like that may cause some confusion. If you like, you may also make a DC 20 Memory check (base Intellect bonus) to help you determine whether Iona remembers or not.
I'll make a roll and add it to her post. That will determine the content of my edit.
Supernaturalist

mrdent12 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:14 am While I figure ooc the heart plus Diegos proximity caused the issues, is John flat out saying IC that the heart caused the visions?
John has no idea what caused them, but after hearing people talk, he suspects it was someone or something inside the lab.
Supernaturalist

Another "long day", so I 'll be posting tomorrow (Friday).
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

To avoid too long of a back and forth ic, I'd be cool with us keeping the former jaguar drug lab and using it for a source of income. My worry ooc is largely we are already trying to setup a guerilla army of 50k with all the recruitment that goes with it. So, I'm not sure if if the pcs have the resources man power or otherwise to support both efforts currently.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I said it was a viable option, so it is a viable option. You need to invest the 2 Dominion to get a city wide drug production and distribution system setup, however. That'll account for your pulling in manpower (some of those homeless you are recruiting can be used to sell drugs, as an example) and resources. You'd also be inheriting a drug lab. Some equipment and chemicals to get you started are already there. Though in poor condition/less than "fully stocked" since you didn't stop the fire that Romper set on his exit.

You'll find out these things after you send people there to check the place over.
Last edited by Sakuro on Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Iona would certainly be willing to donate her Dominion point towards the drug lab source of income.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Drug Kingpins and a private army. Sounds like alot of fun RP opportunity from that.
Supernaturalist

mrdent12 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:15 am Drug Kingpins and a private army. Sounds like alot of fun RP opportunity from that.
Our characters are slowly sliding down the slippery slope to dastardliness (<----a word?). :lol:

Also, I rolled the memory check for Iona. The results of the roll and some extra dialogue have been added to Iona's last post.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'm not sure what's more evil. When the pcs killed a bunch of people for some information or become drug suppliers/dealers. Something tells me war with the Jaguars is inevitable now.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I might be traveling on and off this week for work. So my posting may slow.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Is Iona proposing another shared base(like the ones the pcs share), splitting up the facility for drug production and whatever else Sokolov wants to do(part pc drug lab, part Sokolov base), or something like that? What the proposal actually is will dictate how Diego responds. I'm a bit tired so might have parsed the post wrong whilst reading it.
Supernaturalist

She is proposing that most of the base be under Dr. Sokolov's control with the drug production zone being a sort of neutral area where manufacturing and distribution take place. The vast majority of the profits from the drug operation would go Null's assets which are building his army (namely Diego and Iona). But Sokolov should have some of the profits as he is putting up the human capital to create and produce the drug(s).

Iona is aware of how bitter Sokolov is from losing out on the Viridi Mater acquisition by Null. She is trying to offset Null's gain by arguing that it's Sokolov's "turn" for an asset.