[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by mrdent12 »

Ok, that's what I thought. Just has to confirm before the predictable response from Diego.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

There will be no sharing between Dr. Sokolov and Praetor Null. You don't get to go half and half (or whatever percentage), trying to be diplomatic and fair. That is going to be taken as an insult to both parties. They are rivals. If you seek Dr. Sokolov's aid, he'll want primary influence over the site, the way Null has primary influence over your main HQ.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Not that it's a spoiler, but Diego has already made clear his disdain for Sokolov previously so he wouldn't even entertain the notion of sharing. I'll get his post up tomorrow night. Just got to the hotel and worn out.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

That unspent dominion or pp would go to either drug lab or army dominion.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get Diegos post up tomorrow night.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

It sounds like Iona wants to use drugs to adjust Aiden's mood, so that he is in a pliable state of mind for Diego and Iona's dialog with him. Is that correct? You may make an Expertise Physician check for that. Keep in mind, when the altered state passes, he likely won't be happy should he find out you've taken advantage of him.

MrDent, has Diego told Sander about his Forgotten Ones, off screen? Are they something he would give her access to?
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Sakuro wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:22 pm It sounds like Iona wants to use drugs to adjust Aiden's mood, so that he is in a pliable state of mind for Diego and Iona's dialog with him. Is that correct? You may make an Expertise Physician check for that. Keep in mind, when the altered state passes, he likely won't be happy should he find out you've taken advantage of him.

MrDent, has Diego told Sander about his Forgotten Ones, off screen? Are they something he would give her access to?
Iona will recommend it to Aiden. If he doesn't want the added sedative, then she won't provide it. She will, however, pull Diego aside before he questions Aiden in order to suggest the possibility of added sedative if Diego is unhappy with the amount (or kind) of info he is getting.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yup, Diego would let her know about the network. I just forgot to write that bit up. He views her as his number 2 at this point

It also sounds like Iona is going to be proactive and drug the arms dealer if the arms dealer says yes to more sedative.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I do appreciate it not getting into the weeds of exact numbers. Details in stories are good and make it richer sometimes, but other times they bog them down for me. So going high level on the general operation details, in my view, allows the story to still have the character focus for the little stuff that make it fun to play the character.
Supernaturalist

I'm out of town visiting relatives for Thanksgiving. I'll be able to post, but it might me a little more sparse until I return home on Sunday.
Supernaturalist

Should I get up another post for John? He's pretty much waiting to speak with Ascendent Chen. To pass the time, he would workout, train, and take target practice in his spare time.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You do not have to post for John if you don't think he will be doing anything worthy of "screen time". However, he should be doing more than idling away his time. There are a lot of things more mundane than going out on a mission that he should be helping with. Just like Diego has a sub-faction within Null's group to run. Normally Iona would be carrying some of that load, but she has to go in for repairs. More work for Diego. This include planning for the drug network and recruiting/training program. Your characters have a a massive work load. Downtime is a luxury. That work is more mundane, and I won't be putting the spotlight on it often, because it isn't fun to play out at length. But it does have to happen off screen or in montages.

As for Iona doing research on herself, look at it this way: she's fucked the hell up. Any research you attempt will be done at a significant penalty right now. If she were a normal human, she'd be wrapped up like a mummy and confined to a hospital bed for a good long while. Not walking around. Looking at herself in the mirror, taking pictures, and getting samples for later study is something you can do without any rolls. But think about how awful being like this must be for Iona. She has been deskinned, the equivalent of broken bones, torn muscles, and is massively drained of energy. Remaining active is a struggle and she still has to trek through the hellscape of the Under City to get repairs at Dr. Sokolov's hospital-base.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Now that John cant go back to Jaguar territory or show his face in the city proper for that matter, he has more time for training. Also, probably gripe about not having leisure time or places to go.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I should be able to get a post up for Diego tonight. How much time will pass for his montage write up of general base business and administration?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Three days will have passed.