[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by Sakuro »

Diego wrote:"This plane is fast correct? How long with minimal risk of detection would it take to get to a suitable site outside of a 100 mile radius providing some cover and low exposure?
It'll take a little more than 6 minutes to get out of the 100 mile radius. Searching for an ideal site to set down, concealment wise, could take hours. Setting down in an out of the way clearing somewhere won't take long at all.

The group has been focused on this one issue for a while now (over two weeks). I'm going to press you to make a decision so that we can move on and continue advancing the story. These are your options:

1.) One of the two canyons or cave (tourist sites) Aiden found.
2.) Cartel runway with camo gear John knows about.
3.) Diego using his Security Clearance to get a secure site from Costa or Chen. If you want to be absolutely sure you don't get found, go with this.
4.) An open area somewhere outside the 100 mile radius.
5.) Invest a significant amount of time, and make a roll, to try to find an ideal place to conceal the aircraft. You would need specialized Skills, which your group doesn't have, to get the most out of this route.

If you go with number 5 and the roll ends up poorly, you can have a backup lined up, but I don't want to get in a pattern of search then debating. Searching again then debating again. After work on the Impala is done you have 17-18 hours of wiggle room (not counting any time you spend searching) to enact the abduction, and there may yet be further complications ahead of you.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego is going to make the call. I am getting the post up tonight. Leaning towards 4, but haven't ruled out 3 in my head yet via Costa. Diego isn't sure When doesn't have another agenda.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

What?! Chen have an agenda? Why would you think that? He's gone out of his way to help you get out of trouble. Twice now. Just forget about the part where he sucker punched Diego in Wichita.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

And neglected to tell us about the whole Anna is an agent of Sokolov making this whole mission irrelevant if he would have just popped next to her and said "Lay low for a bit and we'll say we kidnapped you."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

It didn't seem like Chen was aware of that. He gave you a very thorough dossier that reflected a lot of investigative work from his people. Only in hindsight, after Aiden's admission, was Diego able to look back and connect some things because of his background as a spy.

Chen works under Null. Dr. Sokolov and Preator Null are rivals. They are not going to share information about their covert assets.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'm shocked. We aren't all one big happy family.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Can I just do the flying/driving?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

When the mission is over Aiden can fade into the background once again. Probably.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Sakuro wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:05 amWhen the mission is over Aiden can fade into the background once again. Probably.
At least until they need a ride again.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

That depends more on Kenseido's desire to take part in another story. Having Aiden's help is a luxury. Even if John might not think so right now.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

kenseido wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:13 am
Sakuro wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:05 amWhen the mission is over Aiden can fade into the background once again. Probably.
At least until they need a ride again.
...or until we need you to provide a surgical airstrike with little or no warning. :D
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I was tempted with calling in Costa to point us to a safe place, but we've burned enough of Null's people and bases. Something tells me if we use one of their safe locations, it wouldn't be safe for long. IC reasoning wise, Diego is trusting Iona less and less lately.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

mrdent12 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:22 am ...Diego is trusting Iona less and less lately.
You are wise. :lol:
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Even if he could trust Iona, he's not stupid. She's Sokolov creation. It's not like he didn't build in some way to monitor her given his ego.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Is there anything else you want to do before I start making some rolls and narrate us forward?

Aiden and Iona will be working on the car. Diego will be on patrol outside. What is John going to be doing during the next fifteen hours?