[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by mrdent12 »

The dark side of Iona is interesting. Diego would be impressed.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get a post up tommorrow. I am falling asleep at thekeyboard.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I've been aiming to get on the forums every other day. I want to consistently be present for you guys, but I also don't want to push you if things are taking up your time elsewhere in life.

Supernaturalist, I'll let you set the scene in the Extended Interludes thread. Feel free the get detailed in describing lab setup. I have an idea of what you are going for, but you have the full picture. I'll be there to narrate, play NPCs, and moderate any rules that come into play. But Iona is going to be driving the action.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I try to post every other day at a minimum, but unfortunately life has other ideas at times.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I'll get a post up in the EE thread tonight. I came down with some kind of sinus cold or something. I did not go to work today and slept a good chunk of the afternoon. I feel cogent enough to post something though.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

So if Iona brings Diego into the interlude, is the main thread going to move on to main story stuff wherever that might go?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

If Diego get's looped into Iona's plotting, that will take place in the Extended Interludes thread. Right now it is side story time, unless you press for advancing the main story. That means if Diego decides to pursue one of his agendas, we'll move that to the Extended Interludes thread as well. I won't be pushing the main story while we're working through these side stories.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Assuming there is time in game, Diego would spend time to investigate where the black heart would be.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego knows who has the Black Heart. Diego knows he fancies Iona. Iona has also offered to help Diego ... if he did her some favors too. That is the easier route.

Investigating, going solo, and trying to steal or brute force your way into getting the Black Heart is the more difficult route. Diego can certainly put forth the effort. I had that in mind when opening the floor to your character's personal plots.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego helping ions is still on the table, but I didn't know Diego knew romper fancied Iona beyond what was seen at the drug lab with the giving of his number. Issue with that route is Iona pressing things like giving away territory to Sokolov. Now if the favor doesn't entail helping Sokolov, as the previous failed negotiation implied, Diego is open to doing something. All things mentioned were what I recall happening ic from Diegos perspective.

While ooc going solo isn't my desired route since this isn't a solo game, I know if Diego is at the point of helping Sokolov to get the heart or even trusting Iona won't back stab him and try to take the heart for Sokolov or destroy it herself. So, need to think on it a day

Edit:

Just read ic post, it does have me thinking.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

It was pretty obvious Romper was into Iona, even in that one encounter. Then again everyone thinks Iona is hot. So Diego might not have given it much thought.

Diego can totally go solo on this though. It is his own personal side story, designed for him. I wanted to add the complication of Iona being able to act more successfully on the matter than Diego himself. You just gotta make that deal with the devil ...
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I read Rompers interest as just another male hormone driven response. Nothing like the saving her, wanting her as arm candy, and Ionas return of that interest that I know about ooc. A deal with the devil, so long as the greater devil isn't involved, might still be in the works. Diego has some more cards to play now though.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Then that is how Diego read it, the usual hormone driven response.

If Diego hadn't confided in Sylvia about the Heart, you wouldn't have gotten that tip off so easily. There is something of an information quarantine around Hadron City to begin with. So you aren't getting outside news without putting effort into it.
Last edited by Sakuro on Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yep that is another path Diego is taking to make the info flow smoother. Can't tackle everything in a few days(in game) time though. Takes time to go after an artifact in the hands of connected gang, build a spy network in the city, sort of run a base(badly at that), build a spy network around the world, and counter a former Praetor plus other missions. All part of the fun of this game though. No shortage of things to pursue.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego wrote:After seeing to any reports of Praetor Null's people in Ward 13 and how they faired from Tilly, assuming she wasn't briefing Valkyrie ...
Tilly is with Valkyrie and Iona at this point. We'll bring Diego into the Interlude thread to have his conversation now. If you want an extended conversation, and not just a brief informative blurb about people in Ward 13, that can be played out afterwards.