[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by kenseido »

Supernaturalist wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:58 pmAfter listening to Aiden's report, Iona remains silent to consider various options. I doubt this ship has the capability to enter and function outside the Earth's atmosphere. Besides it would take an enormous amount of fuel just to get us there. So, strike that option. But just maybe...
Heh, heh, heh.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

10+ hours in orbit to fix the car. That would be outside of the normal stealth aircraft detection range probably. 0g might make car repair a little more challenging unless the plane has a gravity field or something.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

No artificial gravity, so I don't know how that would affect the repair process.

I also don't know if knowledge of that ability is common. Also, re-entry would create much more atmospheric disturbance so they would know when we came back.

Factors to consider.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I wasn't advocating doing repairs in orbit by any measure. I'll save Diegos input for when I get his ic post up. They reacted pretty much as expected with Iona using her powers and a stealth rail gun yielding ship appearing. Just makes this more fun than a grab and take hostage mission.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I'll get up at least one post in the morning.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

How John conveys the info is going to matter, so I'll hold posting for Diego until than.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

John has been called an expendable asset, openly, and his moral is starting to suffer. Supernatualist, if you can (and want to) come up with a reasonable way for this to have a negative mechanical impact on your character I will give John 1 HP. My initial thought is a negative modifier to Will checks. Maybe you have another idea. Some kind of negative story impact is another option, something that hinders him.

MrDent, Diego has really been leaning into his emotionless and sociopathic Ascendant nature. I want to give you a HP for this. It is affecting the people around him. How do you see it affecting him, mechanically? As with Johm Some kind of negative story impact is another option, something that has a clear drawback, is something I'm open to.

As an aside ... John is a mercenary who just gave up a past employer's secret. Something to think about.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

A negative modifier to Will checks is possible. Something more pervasive could be circumstance penalties to all his skill checks. Or do you think that is too extreme?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I'll let you decide how strongly this effects John's morale. If you choose to have a negative to Will checks, I'll wait until one comes up before giving you a HP. They aren't that common. If you choose to have a negative to Will and his Skill checks, I'll give you a HP right now. As for the circumstance modifier itself, it will be -2. It will last until the end of this story/mission, or until something happens to boost his morale.
Supernaturalist

Sakuro wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:39 pm I'll let you decide how strongly this effects John's morale. If you choose to have a negative to Will checks, I'll wait until one comes up before giving you a HP. They aren't that common. If you choose to have a negative to Will and his Skill checks, I'll give you a HP right now. As for the circumstance modifier itself, it will be -2. It will last until the end of this story/mission, or until something happens to boost his morale.
Ok, add the HP and make note of the Condition on John's next post.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I always envisioned Diegos sociopathic nature taking a toll on his persuasion skill whilst in his native form. A floating black cloud of nanites speaking in a monotone voice isn't terribly persuasive. For the current adventure though, I don't see that coming into play considering he only reveals his native form to the other pcs.

His sociopathic nature is a tough one to be an immediate complication skill wise for me since his skills are built off that quality of him. Back at the base, for people who don't report to him in the chain of command and know his true nature I can see it creating issues. Even with people in the chain, they might not go the extra mile for him.

All of this is on top of him being able to just turn into someone else anytime he chooses and effectively get a new start relationship wise with someone he doesn't interact with consistently.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

At the base Diego primarily acts through Tilly, and that is a significant reason why there aren't more problems. She is a filtering medium most of the time.

For now, Diego's Complication "benefits" John. If it comes up later and would have an impact on Diego himself, we'll revisit this.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Sounds good. Hate to punt on getting a HP, but aside from impacting other pcs it's not impacting Diego yet as you pointed out.

On another note, I'll get Diegos ic post up tomorrow night. A bit worn from the day to get into a sociopathic nanites swarm mindset tonight.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego wrote:It was curious to Diego that outside of 100 miles, there was no viable place to park the craft while the other transportation was fixed up.
Aiden spent half an hour searching for something suitable. Searching, rather than just flying around fast, takes more time.

John was trying to think of something nearby. For clarity, the cartel runway is within the one hundred mile radious.

There is an entire world outside that one hundred mile radius. There are plenty of places to land. Mostly open wilderness areas. That is easy to find. If you want something more than that, you are going to have to spend time searching, and make some rolls. Geography or Navigation would help. Investigation's Search element would help. Geography and Navigation would be faster. Investigation would be painfully slow, but thorough. Perception will only get you superficial, more obvious, options.

Diego has Security Clearance. I'd let you spend 1 HP to contact Ascendant Costa or Chen to request the use of a site secured by their people. You know that Costa's people are all Imperator loyalists, whereas Chen employs mercenaries like John.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Ah missed that half hour search time. I know ooc the drug cartel site is within the 100 miles. John didn't say that ic so I figure Diego wouldn't know it.