For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: Jaguar Hunt

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 1
CND: Haunted
Form: Mist

Not picking up signs of deception, but also having obvious signs of contradictions, Diego proceeds on his same tact. "Your programmer may have given you some conception of free will, but you are still just a thing programed by him. While you may be satisfied having a force funded by an egotistical sociopath traitor, I find it unacceptable. Drugs are the most expeditious way for us to get funding we control, but as is my mandate this base is a joint venture. If you have a better way you are entitled to suggest it.", says Diego pivoting the conversation from the heart intentionally. The less spoken of it with Iona the better.

"Part my mandate is also to make you more effective in the field so as not to jeopardize our missions. So, take this as a lesson. Do not approach someone and offer them only your word for future help while asking for something substantial in return. You and your programmers word carry no credibility with me without the threat of force to hold you to it. Before making any requests of this nature in the future, be ready to offer something substantial in return.", adds Diego. If Iona tried a similar type of pitch to Jaguars or anyone, she would be laughed out of the room or worse.

"If you have any other ideas for funding a small army without drugs and that is not subject to someone elses whims, now is the time to propose them before work gets started on the drug distribution network in earnest.", says Diego.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
VP: 1
Cnd: Normal
PP:0
EP:3
Dominion Point: 1

Iona drops her arms to her side and takes a less defensive negotiating-stance. "You have made your position very plain, Ascendant. I understand...my offer as it stands is unacceptable. My intention is not to insult you with such an offer, but merely to see what you might accept and why." Her smooth voice never changes and she takes a small step closer to the dark mass of nanites while offering a slight smile. Careful, Iona, he is no man. And it is doubtful that your sultry looks will sway him much, if at all.

"I do have more to offer you, Blackheart. And I shall get to that in just one moment. But first I must disagree with your assessment that investing effort into the conversion and operation of the facility is 'more efficient''. I foresee a considerable effort being needed on our end to retrieve the resources and personnel necessary to run this plant. I say: Let Sokolov worry about such things! We already have plenty of other tasks upon which to focus...like getting you that Black Heart you so greatly desire." At these last words, she takes another half-step forward, her smile widening.

"You have gotten to know me well over the course of our time together, Ascendant. Do you think I am more loyal to our cause or to Sokolov? If The Doctor were to withhold funding for our efforts after being given the plant, he would betray me as well as you and Null. And there is a day coming, Ascendant, where I shall not be under Sokolov's thumb as I am now. I am seeing to that slowly but surely. Mark my words, that day will come. But let's talk about the Black Heart and what I can offer, since that is what concerns you the most."

The young cyborg turns and walks away from Diego's dreadful form. "I have a way of contacting this 'Jaguar-Man'....this Romper who stole your property." She says this as she runs her right hand along the top of the meeting room table. "It would seem he desires to keep in touch with me. Perhaps he fancies me. Who knows?"

Then turning to face Diego once again, she gestures with both hands as if she is giving him something. "I have a number with which to contact this thief. I have no reason to doubt it's authenticity. What if I were to offer the number and myself to you in a scheme to steal the item back for you? Would that not be faster and more direct than relying on these other methods?"
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Diego listened floating in place. At times his form shifted a bit a cloud would, but there was no rythme or reason to it. If not for Ionas slip up, Diego may have taken her up on the offer. "You assume too much of yourself and what your programmer may have implanted into you.", remarks Diego keeping up the insinuation Iona is no more than a robot with good programming.

"To read anything into my intentions or goals beyond freeing this city and serving my master is foolish. If you would work to under mind your own creator and programmer, any offer you make can hardly be trusted. It would not surprise me if your programmer and creator wasn't recording and reviewing your logs that even you are not aware. Sokolov is many things, but he is not foolish enough to let his own creations rebel or even plan a rebellion without him knowing it. He is likely able to see and hear this conversation if he desires anytime or at the very least when you go back for repairs.", says Diego showing no signs of drawing back or being enticed by Ionas offer. In fact, the only way to know he is getting annoyed is his harsh language.

Finally addressing the black heart head on, Diego goes straight to the point. "Romper and the Jaguars have the heart. They are doubtless doing various experiments on it and trying to figure it out. Whether I desire it or not is none of your concern. If you truly think I have a desire for the heart, you need to ask yourself if you would be willing to make me get it without your aid at the risk of the Jaguars having it for their aims. I can assure you, their aims are not to restore this city to the glory it once was and restore Imperators dream of utopia.", retorts Diego.

"So call Romper to setup a trap to maybe get the heart or answers on it or not. Not calling Romper to setup a trap for the heart hurts the people you seem so eager to keep safe. Do not use the number so your programmer can have another lab of mutations in our territory. If you truly wish to push for freedom from him, you would not be trying to further his position of strength as that only allows him to maintain his hold on you.", finishes Diego. While he didn't care about the army or the facility really, giving Sokolov even an inch didn't sit right with him. A faster way to get the heart would be enticing and inside Diego ached for it, but if Ionas weaker nature appeal could also expedite the process all the better.
Supernaturalist

Iona
Dominion Point: 1
OOC: This conversation has been edited to clarify Iona's position on spending the 2 Dominion points.
Iona continues to listen silently as Diego reiterates his disdain for her offer. When he finishes, she simply nods and offers up a stoic visage to the Dark Ascendant. “Very well. Your position is clear. I shall not harass you with my bargain any longer. We must, however, get the facility up and running as quickly as possible. My desire to broker a power-sharing agreement will not get in the way of providing our fighters with the resources they need. The drug production is most pertinent. We will need that income from sales to equip the soldiers. If and when we have the time to bring in experts and materials for the Cermacrete production, then we can discuss opening up the rest of the factory for use."

Iona waits for Diego to make any last comments or requests before excusing herself from the meeting. After leaving, she briefly drops in on the project managers in charge of building the emergency escape tunnel and the emergency “backup-base” in order to get a progress report. After finishing those two “errands”, she returns to her laboratory. If there is no lab work being done there by the medical staff, she will attempt to advance her private research as much as possible. As for notifying Sokolov of her groups decision, she also ponders the best way to do that since she has no secure communications with him save for visiting him personally.
OOC: Should I remove the Dominion point given that we have determined which route we're going to take on new manufacturing facility? Also, Does Iona think she is capable of attempting the skin-replacement process on her own body (assuming she has a test-subject)? She has performed it twice already at Sokolov's base. At some point she's gonna have to ramp up her experiments if she is going to learn how to repair her own body. I figure it's best to start with the easier stuff first.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Diego had overplayed his hand, but learned something out of the whole thing. Iona was a rebellious program who fancied itself something that could break free. It also seemed to think Sokolov deserved some standing aside from a tool used by Praetor Null. She was proving hard to read, but each mistake only made Diego better at knowing how to manipulate it. "Setting up drug facilities and networks will be time consuming as well as training an army. Without a mind for the super science, that will require extra effort that as you say needs to be discussed. The bases forces will soon be assessing the former lab and bring it up for production.", simply replies Diego before leaving.

He had other matters to attend. Granting Sokolov an advantage for a promise and phone number was not enough now. That day was approaching though. Until the expected visitor arrives, Diego focuses on the drug operation, checking in with his sources in Ward 3 and other administrative matters.
Sakuro

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: Abduction

Post by Sakuro »

Iona's checking on the progress of construction reveals that they are on schedule. Both the tunnel and bare bones base she has had arranged should be complete in a week and a half.

There is one lab in the base, and it is shared not just with the medical staff, but every scientific field that operates out the base in addition the forensics and other investigative teams. Someone is almost always there, if not a small team of people. Unless Iona asserts her authority, privacy there is rare. Today the investigative team and forensics analysts are showing in force. They are fighting for labs space with the medical staff, who are still dealing with a full infirmary.

When Iona arrives there is an argument over who get's priority over the lab. As their senior, they draw Iona into the argument to resolve the issue.
OOC wrote:Who is Iona going to give priority access to the lab? Herself, the medical staff, science personnel, or investigative teams?
Since the raid on the Jaguar drug lab, the base has been increasingly populated by field teams call in to lay low, and increasingly bustling with activity. Only select groups leave the base, on specific missions. Now that focuses on information gathering and getting assessments for the future drug lab and network that Diego and Iona have decided to put into place. Diego gets a lot of reports in this vein. Down the line, they're going to need more manpower to fill out the drug distribution network. The stock of processed for eating Viridi Mater is being stockpiled. Plans for the soup kitchen recruitment program are still in the planning stages and haven't been put into effect. But when they do, you'll have the food to get started.

All told, Iona and Diego have a very busy hour before they along with John receive word the Ascendant Chen has arrived. The it is phrased politely by your subordinates, it is clear that you are being summoned to a meeting room, where you find Chen waiting, three tablets set out on the table in front of three seats.

Zarchary, even standing still, moves so fast that his black clad form is blur. Occasionally blue-white static generated by his incredible 'idle' speed arcs from his softly glowing eyes. The Ascendant gestures for you to be seated, then looks to Diego.

"I am here to provide you with the opportunity to correct your error in judgement, so that you may stay in Praetor Null's good graces."

There is a lingering stare from Zachary, one meant to emphasize this was a favor and that Diego was going to owe him it. His lightning-filled gaze then panned over the table to the others.

"Following Ascendant Gonzalez's broadcast calling for a mass uprising, politicians in Washington DC began applying pressure to Stronghold's board of directors to increase resources dedicated to enforcing Hadron City's martial law. The board of directors are gathering this weekend to discuss the matter. Intelligence indicates Stronghold directors are divided on the matter."

Extending one hand he points the tablet in front of John, assuming John sat near one of the electronic devices that had been provided. On the screen are three folds. One labeled Anna Semenov, another Dimitri Semenov, and the last Maps.

"Dimitri Semenov is the swing vote. If his vote alone weren't a deciding factor, he has the influence to sway enough of the others to solidify his stance. You will secure his vote by taking his daughter, Anna, hostage and holding her until the end of the vote. I have provided you details on Anna's location and whereabouts, as well as pertinent maps."

Zachary pauses for a time, giving each of you the opportunity to review the documents that he has provided for you.

"As the dossier I have provided indicates, your target is staying at a hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you require transport, I can arrange it for you."

Tilting his left hand to the side, he briefly indicates John while looking between Diego and Iona.

"Mr. Steiner has informed me, and I have confirmed, that you communication systems are severely lacking. If you complete this mission without issue I am willing to modernize your equipment."
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Diego maintained his native form as shifting into a more human appearance for Chen didn't make any sense. It had already been made clear to Diego he was on thin ice and Chen rubbing it in by tossing them a simple mission that he could have one in his human form was preaching fire and brim stone to the choir. A weaker person would try to defend themselves. Excuses such as having naive comrades forced on you, battling internal politics, and other such matters would flow from the lips of someone not trained. "Our operation is still in its infancy. We have not yet expanded beyond the confines of Ward 3 even. Communication and other systems are still being built up. What you and John discuss is between the two of you. For any requests he may make, that is also your choice to grant or deny. On the subject of transport, we haven't cultivated sufficient contacts to make our way out of the city without incurring some risks much less make it back easily. I can leave easy enough as desired, but Iona and John will be another matter that would require added risks to the abduction.", simply said Diego.

"Communication upgrades upon success would expedite making this base fully operation and transport out of the city would burn down some of the risk. I am made to serve Praetor Null and if completing this mission will gain his favour again plus help liberate this city we will undertake it.", adds Diego. Chen wanted to hear Diego beg. It was a power play and Diego had no cards to play, so he stuck with the next best thing of making it about serving Praetor Null and the cause.

Just giving a location, times and maps left a lot of open questions. "Is there any intel on the security detail and are we expected to contact the board member?", inquires Diego.
Supernaturalist

Iona
Dominion Point: 0

When Iona arrives outside the lab, she sees the leaders of the various interest-groups bickering for control of the room. After just leaving her private meeting with Diego, she is not particularly happy with the results. She is in little mood to argue. Still she realizes that the various groups have legitimate needs; and the lab space is probably inadequate to service them all. As a mental note, expansion of the laboratory will need to be a priority once the drug lab is properly established.

Taking a clipboard and pen, Iona allows the leaders of the various "factions" to make their case as to how much time they'll need in a 24 hour period. She lets them know up front, that she is partial to her own medical staff and forensics. All things being equal they will get priority over any other groups...including herself for the short term. Investigative and other scientific groups come in last and will be alloted the least time. As it stands, Iona will be absent in the near future, so her research time will be proportionally divided up between the groups...that is until she returns. With a pen in hand, she divides out the 24 hours of the day and posts it by the lab doors for all to see. Despite any attempts to haggle with her, she remains icy silent, adamant about her final decisions.

After dealing with lab-issue, the young cyborg makes her way to the meeting room. Nodding respectfully to Ascendent Chen, she takes her seat and awaits the briefing. She listens as the blurry figure informs them of the plan to influence the Board of Directors. Taking the dossier in hand, she begins to scan through it as she listens to Diego comment on some of the pertinent details of the operation.

"Where are we to take this hostage until her father makes a decision? The less we have to travel with her the better." Iona's soft voice speaks quizzically as she browses through documents.
OOC: The documents themselves may answer her question, but it was something she'd probably ask off the top of her head.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

There is a purposefully slow shake of the head from Zachary. As though making an effort to ensure he moved slow enough that the movement of his head was visible to others. Afterwards her verbalizes his answer to Diego's dual query.

"No. I will handle the mediation. We have seen what happens when you are the voice in such matters."

After taking the opportunity to remind Diego of his miscalculation, again, Zachary goes on to the next question with the practiced smoothness of a man use to delivering briefings and organizing others.

"Your target does not have personnel security. Aside from her relationship to a man with influence, she has no importance herself. You should not have difficulty with hotel security, or that of any establishment she visits."

When he speaks to Iona, he turned his head to bring her attention to rest fully on her, his voice warbling with the vibrations his body made even standing still.

"I will provide transport to and the return trip to Hadron City, once the mission is complete Where you hold the target is up to you."

Pausing he looks to Diego before speaking again.

'"... unless you need me to arrange that for you as well."
OOC wrote:Supernaturalist, make an Intellect check for John.
Supernaturalist

John Steiner
HP:4
Cnd: Mentally Impaired

When he hears the name of the kidnapping target, John refrains from making any comment. He digs through the dossier in order to find a picture. When he does, his suspicion is confirmed. It's the woman he met at the Blackjack table and danced the night away with inside the Jaguar's Casino. Since the raid to retrieve the Viridi Mater, John was certain that she knew of his working with Imperator's loyalists. She has to know. It was all over the news.

So what do I tell my superiors? Once she sees my face, she'll recognize me. There's no way I can hide that.

When there is a lull in the conversation, John initerjects. "There's something I should mention. I...I know this woman. I met her on some R&R when I took a visit to the Jaguar-controlled tower in the middle of their territory. Some hothead threatened her at the Blackjack table and I stood up for her. I guess that allowed me to get my foot in the door to talk to her. We ended up dining, drinking, and then dancing the night away together. In fact, she is a professional dancer. To be honest, I never thought I'd get to see her again after the raid we undertook for the Viridi Mater. I have a feeling she's not gonna get all warm and fuzzy when she sees me again."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Chen was continuing the power trip. Diego kept it professional and didn't take the bait. It would take time to build his network and connections back up, so trying to assert too much too fast would be foolish. Besides, he had to keep Iona in check from messing things up again on a mission outside. "I am well aware of how to run extortion operations. Finding a stash house is not difficult.", remarks Diego. Las Vegas was a city of many cameras equipped with security meant to see through disguises at higher end casinos. Iona and John would prove difficult to move about, but Diego would be able to move as needed. It was also in a desert. So, a tent would work just fine if worse came to worse.

The cloud that was Diego didn't turn per-say. It had its usually movement, but Diegos attention shifted. "Your relations with the woman is only an issue if you make them so. She is a target like any other. Movement around the city will be the bigger issue and the extraction. If your employer says for you to come along, I trust you will not make Ascendent Chen look bad by letting emotions or sympathy cloud your job performance.", says Diego.

He studied the tablet and briefing packet for any dates or times to get a sense timeline they were working. His black cloud moved the tablet as needed for swiping.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The dossiers are thorough, as pertains to the mission. There are details and gaps outside of that purview, however. Such as the holding site being left to you to arrange. John gets confirmation, on seeing the picture of the stunning red haired, green eyed Eastern European dancer. The photo of the snow white skinned woman could be a headshot for a model. Diego's review of the document shows a schedule for Anna performances at a local theater. There are notes indicating that she has tendency towards visiting dance clubs and other party scenes, though there aren't any specifics about where she might go

For his part Zachary is quiet while everyone looks over the papers. Only speaking up again when Diego and John comment on the latter's relationship to the target.

"Stronghold has confirmed your involvement in the Viridi Mater raid. This has likely been passed on to law enforcement at large, though your identity is not public knowledge. Yet."
OOC wrote:If there is specific information you are looking for in the dossier, let me know.

For the timeline, it is presently Wednesday 3rd, April 2019. You need to have Anna in your custody before Saturday, the 7th of April. Saturday is when Stronghold's board of director are gathering for the meeting that will decide whether or not they escalate in Hadron CIty.
Supernaturalist

Iona
Dominion Point: 0

Iona listens to Chen, Diego, and John exchange comments on Ms. Semenov. During a lull in the conversation, the young cyborg looks up from her dossier to the unnerving visage of Chen. "Will we be keeping this hostage indefinitely? The moment we release her, the leverage on her father is gone. He would almost certainly seek vengeance, using his position on the Board of Directors to throw more resources -even if wasteful - at our cause. It would be wise to keep her detained until our grip on the city is practically unbreakable. Should I make preparations for this young woman to have a long-term stay here with us?"
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

"We are not equipped for long term hostages. Knowing we can get to him and his family is a deterrent in and of itself.", remarks Diego. Taking hostages long term rarely worked out well for Diego. Hit them, run, and say you can hit them again if needed helped to ensure silence in most cases.

Diegos mind was more on the briefing material. His eyes ran over the maps, show details, and schedule looking for possible points of abduction plus egress. They didn't have much time for recon, so maybe a day to setup a holding site, another to study the woman's habits, and finally grab her. Dance clubs were easy. Women went home with men from them all the time easily with less than legal means. The issue was finding the right one.
Not looking for GM inspiration here. Mainly to cover info someone with Diegos knowledge might spot.
Spy Craft 21 for spotting good approaches to get close to her based on the data such as the part of town, nature of the show, etc.
For places to take her, he would be looking at the maps for any developments close by that seemed like good holding spots like condemned buildings, closed down stores, etc.
His interest wouldn't be in the details so much as any patterns he might spot for her movements.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Zarchary's lightning gaze rests on Iona as she advocates holding their hostage for months. After Diego has shared his stance on the matter Chen raised a hand and gestured towards the menacing black cloud hovering over the table like an ill omen.

"Ascendant Gonzalez has the right of it. Holding her long term would ensure you had an enemy hunting you down to get his daughter back for the duration. Mr. Semenov cannot reverse the Board of Director's vote once it is in effect. His political pull would suffer if he reversed his stance on the issue. That is all we need."
OOC wrote:Anna's troupe is performing in an upscale part of Las Vegas. A theater you'd expect to see 10%er's visiting. There is security, but it is well dressed and unarmed security. Their performance is a contemporary take on an anthology of Russian folk tales told through dance.

Diego notices that Anna works (practices, or performs at the theater), plays (goes to clubs and parties), or rests in her hotel room. She strays from this on occasion, but that is her routine, such as it is.

Anna doesn't frequently visit the same clubs. It seems like she is invited to a party by someone and goes. Or she breaks away from the pack and explores some off the beaten path places on her own. She goes to some pretty dangerous places too. John met her at a Jaguar establishment. Pinning her down away from the hotel in her free time is likely to be more difficult, unless you know someone has a kick ass party they are going to invite her to.