For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: Abduction

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 2
CND: Haunted
Form: Solid

As the others chimed in, Diego let them speak. He was too focused on recovering this mission and the full realization of why Chen hadn't just done this himself. It may have been a gift, but it wasn't a simple grab and stash mission either. It all even made Diego wonder if Anna's dad wasn't in the employ of Sokolov making the hostage taking merely a valid reason for him to vote not to send more troops into the city. if it was or not, they still had to stash her somewhere.

When everyone finished speaking Diego spoke. his voice remained unchanged. "There was failure enough to go around. A low rent storage unit is bound to have people trying to investigate areas with noise.", starts Diego. Sort of directing the next bit at Iona, in a cloud unable for anyone to see sort of way, Diego treats Iona as the liability she is in his mind. "Your lack of concern to investigate is excusable Iona. While you may be programmed for science by a mad man, your combat programing is severely lacking. Your concern for Aiden is justified as this plane is a valuable asset and he is closely linked to it. John is expendable despite the political issues it may bring up.", digs Diego.

Moving on despite the need for a proper debrief, Diego takes a more pragmatic stance. "As it stands, Stronghold will be coming with heavy armaments now that they know Iona is here and so is Hadron City technology. The response may not be on par with Hadron City, but it will depend on their current numbers here. All future repairs on the car will now need to be made in the plane and efforts will need to be taken to prevent the vehicle being flagged. Being lifted by an android will make the vehicle noticeable. It is our only means of transport given our resources, however.", begins Diego.

There was also the matter of the data crystal handover to address, so Diego went right into it. "Sokolovs spy will be on higher alert. You will need to meet her in case she is extra cautious. I will be around. Everyone else will stay out of sight. You are all three marked now. Any questions?"
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

John Steiner
HP:2
Cnd: Normal
PP:0

Still feeling a little salty from the conversation with Aiden, John isn't exactly thrilled about being refered to as "Expendable" by The Ascendant. Sometimes the veteran soldier wonders if Ascendant Chen beleives John is expendable by virtue of giving him this assignment.

"I have a question..." He says as he stares into Diego's dark, shifting form. "...are you gonna abduct Anna alone? Are we to assume that "staying out of sight" means that we remain in the aircraft from this point forward?"
OOC: I have deducted the HP in order to toss parts and tools quickly into the floorboard of the Impala before "take off".
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP: 1
VP: 0
Cnd: Normal
PP:0
EP:3
Dominion Point: 0

The beautiful cyborg understands that the situation in Vegas has changed drastically. Keeping a low profile is now more important than ever…or is it?

Ascendant, now that our presence here has been confirmed our foes will certainly try to deduce why we are here. How likely do you think it is that they will conclude that Ms. Semenov is a potential target? I wonder if someone will be dispatched to guard Ms. Semenov or even extract her from Las Vegas. If that could be the case, we need to contact her immediately.

Iona pauses for a moment to collect a few more of her thoughts. “Do you want us standing by, ready to intervene in the “grab” should she be guarded by an unexpectedly strong level of enemy assets?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr
HP: 2, Condition: Fine

When Diego delivers the dig against John, Aiden turns away, smiling slightly. To keep from laughing, he turns to the car. He isn't sure when the parts were tossed into the back, but that could be helpful. He goes up to the front and grabs the work clothes he normally wears when working on Shrike.

Closing the cockpit door, he begins to change clothes.

"Sorry about the car," he says softly so nobody in the passenger section can hear him. "I'll put down some tarps."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

In the cockpit Aiden finds a disgruntled pink haired teenage girl waiting for him. Her black lined pink lips pursed into an angry line. Her arms were crossed over her flat chest as she glared past Aiden the direction of the cargo hold. Her voice etched with frustration over the mess she was now faced with after recent events.

"Break fluid ... on the floor ... and that ... woman ... her magnetic tractor ..."

A soft agitated growl rumbled in her throat as she jabbed a finger ending in a black painted nail towards sensor readings that showed South as West, among other discrepancies. The errors were already in the process of being corrected, and it would take less than a minute to complete. But it shouldn't have been necessary at all.
Last edited by Sakuro on Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr

Aiden slumps into the chair. "I'm sorry. I'll tell her to keep it offline."

He pauses and takes a deep breath. "I was pretty rattled out there. So grateful you were there to pull my backside out of the fire."

"Again."

He perks up again. "They're going to be sending forces down to look for her. Specifically her. We need to be ready for it."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Her arms unfold, coming to hang down at her sides. Watching Aiden she draws in a deep calming breath, then lets it out as a huff. She didn't look happy about the report that there was going to be more trouble ... and it was because of her. The girl settled into Aiden's lap, sitting sideways over her thighs. Her sapphire blue eyes looked over his frame while delicate pale skinned hands patted at portions of him as though conducting an inspection.

"You kept it together well enough to get them out of trouble. Are you hurt? Those Things didn't touch you, did they?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr

Aiden smiles. "No. They never got close to me. I never thought we should try to escape on foot."Aiden chuckles.

"It is curious that they targeted her. You were an obvious threat after you took out three of them, but they attacked her over John. Odd."

After spending a few more moments enjoying her attention, he finally says. "I guess I should get to work so we can get that piece of junk out of your cargo hold."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

A soft 'hm' came from pursed black outlined, pink painted lips when Aiden talked about the creatures going after Iona. While looking the pilot in the eye she tapped at his chest while she talked, as if checking off points on a list.

"The Monsters are after her. Stronghold is after her. The Ascendant doesn't like her. Maybe it is a bad idea to be around her ..."

A black eyebrow rose at that suggestion. Her tone serious. Then she slowly slid off of Aidens lap, rising to a stand, and stepped out of his way.

"Let me know if you want to jettison her from the passenger hold."
Last edited by Sakuro on Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr
HP:2, Condition: Fine

Aiden does a little mental math. "Dr Sokolov would be very cross. But if an opportunity to not save her comes up, I will keep it in mind."

He stands and zips up his coveralls. It feels so wrong working on the car in these. It's like wearing surgical scrubs to butcher a pig. He winks at her before opening the door and walking out of the cockpit. Heading toward the back, he opens the utility closet and pulls out some tarps.

He lays them out and then begins moving the parts out of the car and on to the tarps.

"If they are sending people for her and Shrike, it's extra, extra important that Iona keeps her magnetic fields to non-existent. They might have equipment that could compromise any fluctuations in the cloak." He speaks to the others while he works.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
Form: Mist

"By out of sight, I mean covered in the back seat, out of the way locations, or something similar depending on the meeting location. Despite the targets possible training, I should be able to track her to her vehicle and grab her in some fashion. Depending on the circumstances, spike her beverage or use the old fashioned method. Once she is knocked out, we can transport her to the motel, bound her, and keep her held until no longer needed.", says Diego. He figured John wouldn't be keen on the last part, it didn't matter to Diego.

Getting back to Iona's original question, Diego is a little shorter in his response. "The target is an agent of Sokolov, if she is seen doing a covert hand off it will cast suspicion on her. We should grab her as soon as we can though. To stay in Las Vegas too long now will cause problems.", adds Diego.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr

Aiden continues working, while he speaks to Diego.

"I assume you are going out to finish your scouting. While you are out there, if you could find a legit license plate off an Impala, it would help. With this car known, cops will probably run the plates as soon as they see it. If it comes back as legit in their system, they are less likely to randomly pull us over."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
Form: Mist

"Until the time of your meeting with Sokolovs spy, I will see what I can find. The rest of you should stay here, however. Finding another license plate is surely a good idea provided it is a safe place to remove it and swap with ours.", responds Diego. he wasn't in the mood for Iona to be in the wild or John to make another security mistake. Whatever super science was involved with this plane would provide some protection for now.

"When it is time to meet with the target, I assume you have a time in mind from your instructions from Sokolov, we will depart if the Impala is ready.", continues Diego. With all the changes, he needed to asses the landscape now. Going blind would be not a smart move.He also needed to figure out as best as possible given the time constraints what sort of equipment Stronghold is bringing to bear. His mind scanned itself for anything he might have heard of technology that could penetrate stealth jets plus other technologies that might be brought in with associated tactics.
Expertise Military 21, for any military knowledge he might have picked up while spying during the war given his security clearence at the time or recent events.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr

"There is no designated time, just a challenge/response. I am not sure she is carrying it on her, or if she stashed it, and we would need to go get it. I don't know of Dr Sokolov knew of your mission and planned on me collecting it when you are holding her. He didn't give me any indication of that, so I am not comfortable counting on that. If it is stashed, it would be impossible to get it after she is kidnapped."

Aiden still is unclear why Dr Sokolov would send him on this assignment. Is he unhappy with Aiden's services as Shrike's pilot? Aiden has never had any ambitions beyond that. He is happy being the best pilot around and let others handle the rest.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

OOC wrote:Diego knows that the US and Dr. Impossible were never able to devise a way to detect Imperator's stealth ships.

Imperator's forces had equipment that allowed them to easily detect contemporary stealth craft. It makes sense, too, that Imperator would have some means of detecting his own forces. Diego isn't sure if Stronghold has found and figured out how to use that kind of equipment though.

"Sky Marshal" aka Matthew Winters, the CEO of Stronghold who wore Dr. Sokolov's power armor until Diego and his team stole it back, did devise a tactic for dealing with Imperator's stealth technology. Rather than trying to detect the crafts themselves, he had people focus on how the craft's passage affected the world around them. Such as changes in air currents. It wasn't accurate, but allowed explosive weaponry to come into play, targeting an area rather than a specific point.