[IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: Deadline

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: Abduction

Post by Supernaturalist »

John Steiner
HP:5
Cnd: Impaired (-2 circumstance penalty to all skill rolls)
PP:0

John follows "The Prostitute" at first. Making his way towards the side and back of the building, The flashing lights of the cop car send out a clear signal against the darkness: There are police near the stolen automobile. John stops before visually exposing himself to the law enforcement officers. He takes a couple of steps backwards and stands there while his team leader moves forward to inspect the scene more closely.
OOC: John will look across the street and to the nearby area. Is there a place where he (and his team) could quickly walk to (perhaps across the street) in order to leave the vicinity of the motel and break line-of-sight should the cops come back around to the front of the building?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr
HP: 3, Condition: Fine

Likewise, Aiden slows down to a crawl and eventually stops when he sees they are walking towards the police lights. He takes a few steps back but waits to see which way Diego plans on moving.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 1
CND: Haunted
Form: Solid

The cops got to the car fast. Now, the hotel was likely comprised, but that was expected anyway. Las Vegas wasn't short on seedy motels. Without breaking character in the slightest, Diego treats the cops like any prostitute would. He avoids looking too long at them, yet still acts non chalant. They needed a new ride.

"You guys parked this way right? When you got here, you were so nervous. It was cute actually. Acting so proper and polite. You two were even afraid of keeping your heads up for too long.", says Diego making idle chatter while heading to an alley or out of the way place they'd hopefully find a car to boost out of sight. Hopefully Anna had a car they could steal or the newly boosted car wouldn't be flagged. As they walked, Diego kept up the light chatter as if it was just another normal night in the seedy underbelly of Vegas.
Supernaturalist

John Steiner
"You guys parked this way right?...."
When the prostitute beckons John and Aiden to follow, the burly soldier reluctantly follows. With his head covered by a hoodie, John acts embarrassed as he trails off behind The Dark-Ascendant-Turned-Hooker. He makes sure not to turn his head towards the cops, but with his hands in his jean-pockets, he shuffles with his head down as if ashamed of being seen with a call-girl.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr

Aiden follows along with Diego and John, keeping quiet. He doesn't have to feign nervousness, there is all kinds of bad things around them.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

In bad neighborhoods people either have good sense about where to park or they don't have cars. After walking a block or so away from the motel Diego still hasn't found any easy marks. Other than one instance of a large cargo truck in the back of a restraint that was being offloaded by the driver. With the driver making trips inside the restraint there were periods of time in which the vehicle could have been driven off with, but it had a company logo and it's size would have stood out.

There are untended cars along the sides of the street and some in parking spaces. Diego notes that a number of businesses have security cameras that point out over their parkinglots. He finds one that does not however, and while jacking a car from it has risks, there is cover in the form of other vehicle sin the parkinglot. Better than stealing a car parked on the side of the road.

Diego also notices a stretch of street where prostitutes are peacocking for Johns that pull up and, after finding a lady they like, invite her into their vehicle and drive off. It was a more subtle option, though also potentially more time consuming ... and Diego already had Aiden and John in his wake pretending to be clients.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Eyeing the lot not covered by cameras, in the city rife with them, Diego starts heading that way. "I think you guys parked over here. It was a little far, but you both were just so nervous. Which was your car again? I see so many it's hard to keep them straight.", says Diego playfully. His vocal inflection reflected a teasing quality that comes with familiarity. "It wasn't some fancy car I think. Something less flashy and it didn't lok too new. reminds me of one of my friends cars actually.", adds Diego keeping up the tease.

To add to the vocal inflection, Diego tailors his movements to one accustomed to walking the streets and using her body as a source of income. He knew from past experiences, prostitutes with more personality tended to do better. A few were even his sources in a previous life. So, he made sure to mimc the mannerisms including some playful touching that wasn't quite sexual yet still meant to elicit a response.
Take 10 for 20 Deception on innuendo.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr

Aiden follows along, clueless to anything Diego is trying to tell him.
Insight: 1d20+8 9
Supernaturalist

John Steiner

Though the teams focus is on acquiring a new car, John cannot help but notice the uncanny front put on by The Dark Ascendant. And though his team leader is a master of deception, he cannot help but think that Iona too is a consummate liar and manipulator in her own way. At least Aiden with all his annoying qualities had an air of innocence and honesty about him. But he didn’t particularly care for any of his teammates. The relationships were purely professional and expedient.

As they make their way through the parking lot, the veteran soldier looks around for any sign of a camera that might be surveying the area. Moving into the interior of the lot, he looks for an automobile that meets the “hooker’s” description. Namely, something “old” and “non-flashy”. Since this was not the nicest of areas, those qualifiers probably wouldn’t be hard to meet.

When no one identifies the car, John speaks in an uncertain tone. “It’s kinda hard to see in the dark here. I think it’s this one.
OOC: I’ll pause for a second, because I’m not sure if Sakuro wants to determine the cars available or give us the liberty to narrate what we find.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Occasionally there is some vehicle traffic driving by the store. A car's tire splashes through a puddle. A street light flickers in the distance. The dull hum of the lights in the store's sign drones. The parking lot isn't well light, but it isn't dark either. John and Aiden are able to navigate without trouble. The group maneuvers between cars looking for a something vulnerable. Diego speaks in code. The meaning is lost on Aiden and John barely catches the Ascendant's meaning. The mercenary sizes up the sign and comes to a halt in front of a gray '94 Nissan Altima.
OOC wrote:Diego is using Innuendo to conceal the meaning of his message. John needs to make a DC 10 Insight to understand the meaning of the message. I made a roll for John to save time. He understands.

There are other low budget cars in the area. But this one has the best cover. Night now no one is in the parkinglot, but there are customers in the store and they could start leaving at any time.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Beggars couldn't be choosers. "Well let's get going. The night is still young. A lot more fun to have. Which of you had the keys again?", says Diego looking first at John and finally resting on Aidan. It wasn't optimal, but this whole mission had gone sideways. There would be hell to pay back at base, which Diego was already readying himself. If they could get to the target and grab her, there was the issue of now where to stash her, but that could be sorted out later. One of the foreclosures might work in a pinch, but that carried it's own risk. One thing was clear, the hotel was no longer viable.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Aiden Starr

Aiden looks back at Diego staring at him for several moments. Oh... right...

"Oh, right. I've got the keys... sorry."

Aiden walks over toward the car, picking up a broken antenna along the way, and lets himself into the vehicle.

Technology check: 1d20+17 33
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Aiden pops the lock. No issue. He slides into the car and begins working at the steering wheel to open it up and get at the wires near it's base. Meanwhile Diego and John notice a couple leaving the store. One of them, a middle aged man, has his arms full with groceries. The other, a woman about the same age, digs in her purse for keys. They heading towards you. Unrushed and unassuming they talk amongst themselves casually.
OOC wrote:Rolled a die to see if anyone would come out and interrupt you before you drove off with the car. They haven't noticed yet, but if you don't do something they will. How are you going to deal with these potential witnesses to your theft?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

"Take care of the lock and pull the car out around as if leaving then meet us by the alley close to here. The one we recently passed. We'll make a distraction.", says Diego in a low feminine voice to Aiden. During the trip, Diego spotted a couple places to get in as if nothing was wrong. A prostitute getting into a car into an alley would hardly draw suspicion. He hoped Aiden could get the car out of there without being seen. He seemed competent, so hopefully.

Grabbing Johns arm, Diego leads him towards the approaching couple. "I'm sorry, but could the two of you settle a dispute for us. I keep trying to tell my friend here that the Army are the ones who made some of the biggest sacrifices during the war. He seems to think it was the Air Force. We both agree it was a bad war, but some of the stories I heard from the front lines with the boots on the ground are pretty crazy. A lot of good people didn't come back when they took the city. Some of the people I knew back then didn't return.", says Diego to the couple. A lie isn't always a falsehood fully. The best of them are mostly true.
Persuasion 15
Take 10 on deception for 20
Supernaturalist

John Steiner
HP:4

John follows The Dark Ascendant's lead and allows him -in his prostitute guise- to drag John towards the couple. Once John understands the "shot", he knows his role, although he is privately irked about having to defend the accomplishments of the Air Force over the Army. Still, he tries his best to internally conjure up the sentiment to pull it off. He recalls arguing with members of the other armed services during his active duty days. Put on the spot, he tries to remember some of the talking points his Air Force acquaintances used to say to him.

"I don't know, Baby, a lot of those fly-boys went up against superior technology and paid for it with their lives. I think I'd rather just take a bullet standing on good ol' Mother Earth than get shot outta the sky and plummet ten or fifteen thousand feet to my death."

John then looks at the older man carrying the grocery bag. "You look like you're former military, sir. Whaddaya you think?"
OOC: Ok, here's my Aid Check to help Diego. I suppose it's a Deception roll. John has no skill bonus and he's still Impaired. If I roll bad, then I may use one of John's numerous HPs (although I doubt it'll help much). Here's the roll: Aid roll to Deception Check: 1d20 6. So, a total of 4. That ain't gonna cut it. I'll spend one of John's HPs. to roll again. Here goes: Aid roll to Deception Check - Reroll: 1d20-2 0. I rolled a 0, so I get to add 10 to my roll due to the HP being spent. That still only gives me a 10 total. I'm not sure if that helps any. I have marked John's HPs down to 4.