[OOC] The New Mythos

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: [OOC] The New Mythos

Post by jmucchiello »

How much time until the gala actually starts? What time is The Amazing Arthur scheduled to be on stage?

Foxy's phone should start lighting up from Arthur wanting to know where she is.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Three days, I think. If that's not what I wrote originally it is now. So says mme, the God of this world.

Your act is scheduled to start around eight, and last for a couple hours.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Okay, so what can we do tonight to prevent us from being arrested in the morning?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

To clarify, as I'm likely not saying it well, he was only threatening arrest if you tried to dodge him. He wants you there for questioning so you can try and sort out the mess as best you can.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Yeah, short of hunting down the granddaughter, or creating a device to track teleportation, I'm running short on ideas.
And going to the police station seems like a really bad idea.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It's not as if Felix would be in close proximity to the apparent footage they have or anything st the station either, right? :thinking:

And there's definitely nobody there clearly associated with Quince who might know anything, probably ridiculous as a notion.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:36 pm Three days, I think. If that's not what I wrote originally it is now. So says mme, the God of this world.

Your act is scheduled to start around eight, and last for a couple hours.
And what time does the event actually start (doors open)? And what time does the auction start?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Doors open at six, bidding starts at seven, with a break at eight for your show. There are meant to be reserved pieces later in the night for high end bidders.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hmm, perhaps I'm not doing my best to give you guys leads on here to do within the narrative. This is more than likely a failing on my end as your GM, I'll own up to that. Are you all stuck, or...?
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

a bit stuck ill admit but honestly thats as much the fault of the medium were in as anything else. PBPs weakness as i discovered in running my own games was you had to make sure the momentum was kept up, this can be hard on an investigation arc which i of course appreicate getting into no worries there, But in this case weve kind of hit a point where weve exhausted seemingly all the legit avenues and we either start breaking things or get some inspriation from a contact or something, Heck Nolan could throw some ideas our way

Phillip and foxy have tried, Felix has tried tech wise, Chey made an ivnestgation check in the office but it went nowhere and her skills lend more to tracking then CSI

Sio yeah im open to ideas how to proceed
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yeah. Foxy is not at all built for investigation. She's more infiltration. And without leads, there's nothing to infiltrate.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Yeah, I used up all of my "Good" (your mileage may vary) ideas.
My not so great ideas are hunting down the granddaughter, or creating a device to track teleportation.
My terrible idea is kidnapping Wu and getting Cheyenne to smack him around for answers.

At this point the only thing I think is going to work is waiting for the auction and praying that A) we have the right location and B) They don't just teleport away at the first sign of difficulty.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hmm, figures. It's clear in my mind what things you can do, where the plot threads you can follow are, but I know the adventure on a meta level. I don't want to tell you where you can best go or what you can do. If you guys are stuck though, then it kinda falls on me to give you guys a push huh?

Seems I've bungled this one.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:23 am Hmm, figures. It's clear in my mind what things you can do, where the plot threads you can follow are, but I know the adventure on a meta level. I don't want to tell you where you can best go or what you can do. If you guys are stuck though, then it kinda falls on me to give you guys a push huh?

Seems I've bungled this one.
Hold on. How many of those "clear paths" you have in mind rely on information you've given us more than 2 weeks ago real time? You can point out the clues that we've forgotten, perhaps. In a face-to-face game, this story line has taken up at most 2-3 sessions. And frankly, it's easier to take notes at a table because you don't have that "I can see it written down already" feeling.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:23 am Seems I've bungled this one.
Not bungled, just might have to be adjusted for a PbP format when playing with old fogeys with the memory spans of goldfish. :)

Investigations are harder even face-to-face.
"Something pithy this way comes."