[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Applied Potence(Wall Crawling 2, Leaping 2, Speed 4)
Auspix Array: Enhanced Senses
Vampire Array: Obfuscation (Concealment)

Phillip shakes his head. "Good a plan as any. Warn Cheyenne, I'll get into position." the vampire says before disappearing.

He'll use directed boosts of strength to get into a vantage to watch as many angles as he can.
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

Shed returned in a somewhat lessened mood due to not getting any more but was trying to think of a better idea when Felix gave his. Shed nodded along until this bit was said
He taps the screen showing the surveillance crew, "Hopefully they call in an ambush to try to take me out, and we just clean up the mess."
Her head turned to him and her eyes went full intensity. She WAS NOT a fan of this idea. Him putting himself into harms way like that no matter how close she could be to get to him.

"I'll be right there with you. We'll figure it out."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1 HP

Felix just smiles, "I've upgraded my gear and it's at full charge. Even you wouldn't be able to knock it down in one shot."

"And after one shot, I kind of expect you to jump down and smash them,"
He grins, then more seriously he continues, "We need good bait. I'm more noticeable than most of you, and less intimidating. I want them to be overconfident, I don't want them to hesitate and think about it."

"Until it's too late."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

She sighed but nodded in the affirmative.

"Something looks at you in a manner i dont approve of Im bringing the whole place down." she said as both warning and promise.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Yes, well, saving me if everything goes wrong is kind of step one. It's my favorite step. In fact I'm more worried that nothing goes wrong," Felix admitted.

He shrugged. Winging it was something he was used to doing.

He had the Herkimer Battle Jitney take them a block or so away, let out Philip and Cheyenne so they could sneak back. The Herkimer Battle Jitney would swap to a new hologram and situate itself as close as possible without being in sight of where the watchers were hiding. It would drive the Golem in close enough to fight immediately, should a fight start. Foxy didn't need any special consideration, considering that she could just pop in whenever she felt like it.

"Keep an eye on me and let the others know what's going on," He suggests. She'd be able to hear everything he was up to with her powers, and with their phones they'd be able to prepare for what ever was happening.

Assuming they weren't just immediately attacked.

Once everybody was in place Felix powered up his armor, his jacket glowed with the LED piping, as well as the ambient halo of his forcefield. To make himself stick out even more he light up the crystal on the twisted metal staff he clutched in his hands. And then he marched forward like a man on a mission, intending to let nothing slow him down or stop him as he walked through the alleys, to the block with the Antique Shop, walking across the road like he owned the place.

Like he wasn't a giant jittery mass of nerves just waiting to be shot, who really just wanted to be just about anywhere else right now.

Like he knew he believed he was a force of nature to be feared and respected.

It was time to make an entrance.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Waneella

Stepping out of the HBJ Felix saw all the hallmarks of a small the way little alley on the edges of Japantown. From buildings stretching tall and thin rather than wide, oversized wall units crammed wherever there was space for it, strange assortments of potted plants, loose piles of junk, bike-racks spaced out every thirty feet, and excruciatingly little space to actually park a vehicle. there was no doubt that if the HBJ were to be on full display it'd have stuck out like a sore thumb.

If his transport of choice was an outlier for the micro-community, his very state of dress marked him as downright eccentric. Even in the late evening like this he could feel several eyes watching him from shady alcoves, looking upwards only catching the vaguest ruffling of tightly shuttered blinds. It takes him several long, silent minutes to walk from his parking spot back over to where address had earlier indicated. It doesn't take Felix very long at all to notice that across the street that talkative trio at the café were suddenly very engrossed in their far too cold cups of tea. There's a shiver up the man's spine as he reaches the door causing him to look back, yet to no alarm at all. Everything was just as it should've been, and there was laughter at the table again.

The technomage nearly stumbles into a golden cat statue as he turns back around, the creature's cheerful eyes watching the world without a care as it's paw bobbed front to back. Stepping past it and entering the store properly, a happy little jingle plays as the man is assaulted with a full intake of dust. It's nearly enough to induce sneezing if not for his admirable self-control. From the back of the shop there's the sharp odor of lit sage, a small dish upon the front counter holding it's embers. Behind which sits a small woman bearing deep set laugh lines and a particularly large liver spot towards the left of her forehead. The mole at the end of her nose is hard to ignore, but the woman's wide smile does it's level best to outshine her physical shortcomings.

All around the man are items of significant age and dubious cultural values and authenticity, ranging from wooden tables and clay pots all the way to brightly colored plastic figurines of scantily clad characters he's never even heard of before. Everything was laid out without any real sense of organizational purpose. Anime merchandise rubs shoulders with porcelain dolls that were probably older than the woman herself, and the walls were absolutely covered in various wall-hangings both tasteful and eyebrow raising. Curled up in one corner there even seemed to be an exceptionally long pillow depicting what appeared to be a red snake at a glance.

"Dearie," A croaky voice sounded from the elder. "You're a little off the beaten path, aren't you? Grown bored of the flash and glam of the main street, perhaps?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix looks around the room slowly, taking in the random knickknacks, tourist fodder, pop culture memorabilia and the occasional knockoff antique. It reminded him of his childhood, rooting through stores like this.

Her comment about the main street couldn't have been further off. He'd never been at home on the main streets.

"Off the beaten trail is where I'm at home," He says as he opens his senses to the magic world, "It's where the monsters hunt."

"You know why I'm here,"
Felix brings his staff down with a dull thump and leans on it, "Shall we get on with this, or shall we play silly games?"
OOC:
Magic Sense on Antique Shop: 1d20+5 8
Dice say: No.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"I'm just a little old woman, minding her shop." She spoke with a smile not quite reaching her eyes. "If you're here for violence, you're not going to find it with me."

Passive perception passed

Felix notices one of her hands move below the counter, and some odd sense lets him know that an electrical signal was just triggered. A silent alarm, he could easily deduce.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix smiled broadly, "That's the funny part. You see, I don't plan on hurting anybody."

"In fact I don't have to do anything at all to ruin your day, your business, and everything in between. All I have to do is stand right here."

"Between the men outside watching and waiting for me to arrive, and the silent alarm you just set off? I suspect a lot of big, bad people are coming here to deal with little old me."

Felix smile turns just a little vicious, "My question for you is: do I meet them outside, away from your shop? Or do I stand here and let them tear it down around me?"

"The worst part is, even if that gets rid of me, that doesn't end the parade of people who are going to come in here. I'm the nice one. I'm the one who thinks that maybe you aren't a part of the group who used your back room as a base for their teleportation portal exactly thirty
seven minutes ago as a part of their human trafficking schemes,"
Felix's smile is gone, all business now, "I'm the one that wants the people who were taken back and is happy to leave it at that. The next two people who come knocking will be looking for their pound of flesh."

"My father liked to say something to me. He said, play stupid games and win stupid prizes,"
Felix frowned, he hated his father, "So do we stand here and play stupid, or do I learn what I need to know and leave?"

Felix smiles again politely, "Because either way I will get what I want. But will you?"
OOC:
Persuasion or Intimidate check on Antique shop owner: 1d20 10
So if Persuasion it'd be 14 or 15 for Intimidate.
Wow, how did Felix wind up with more intimidation?
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira is amused that she seems to have been left out of the list of people who will come in there and wreck the place. Maybe it's because I've been in fox form this whole time, she thinks.

As much as this conversation is important, she slips her center of attention to the back room to see if a portal opens.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Her smile grew tighter the longer Felix spoke, but she didn't interrupt him. Partway through Felix's speech, the wizard got the vague impression she was letting him stall for time on purpose. He was too far deep to quit now though, so there was no choice but to push through to the end. In for a penny in for a pound, as they'd say.

Her thinned lips cracked open in silence, taking a slow intake of air. Blurred green eyes struggled a lock onto the loiterer's own, holding the gaze for several seconds longer as if to check whether he was truly done wasting the shop's precious supply of oxygen. It was only when she felt truly satisfied in his silence that she spoke. "You talk like I actually own this shop. Like any of us really do around here, these days. My hands are tied behind my back."

Foxy had noticed the point when the alarm had gone off, as the two men in the backroom suddenly started moving. One spoke something into a commlink tucked into his ear, while the other threw off the game of Go and started prying open the crate. After a moment's struggle the lid popped open, revealing what looked to be high-powered gauss rifles. He struggled to pick up two of the heavy looking guns, his partner grabbing one of them and holding it with a more practiced ease. Both of them pressed their backs next to the door leading into the main shop, and waited for some unseen signal.

Outside from their hidden positions, Cheyenne and Philip saw the trio at the cafe stand up and unclip something from their belts. As a unit they made their way across the street with the bespectacled man taking the lead. He flicked his hand to the side and the object in his hand ignited like a lightsaber, the futuristic blade giving off dangerous white sparks. Behind him the man and woman followed suit with their own weapons.

"If it eases your conscience," The woman at the desk spoke, as she eased herself off her chair. "Everything here is insured."

Dropping herself behind the countertop, the world exploded into violence.

GM: Combat starts! Philip, Cheyenne and Foxy by virtue of anticipating combat may make a single action as we roll for initiative. Not all of the swordsman are considered minions

Cheyenne: ?
Felix: ?
Kira: ?
Philip: ?
Gauss-men (2): 22
Swordsmen (3): 15
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira scans a spot in the backroom where the thugs are not watching and uses her single action to teleport into a hidden corner behind them.

Stealth: 1D20+14 = [17]+14 = 31
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Excellent stealth, you're unseen. Need that iniative though.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Something pithy this way comes."