[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"A few weeks maybe?" He offered with a shrug.

A further distance off, Cheyene tried to get a feel for any lingering trails of magic, but an already hard task is made all the more difficult by the splitting headache she was experiencing.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Wheeljack Prime

Post by Wheeljack Prime »

Mimi "Neko Mimi" Nomura
Dodge: 10, Parry: 10, Tough: 6/3, Fort: 6, Will: 8, Perception: +10
HP: 1, Condition: Normal

Arkrite wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:51 pm Felix shifts uncomfortably at the silence and clears his throat.

"Guys?" Felix asks, "Did you want to check the path back to the apartment while we're waiting for the video?"

He looked from Kira to Cheyenne. Finding people was normally up Cheyenne's ally, but she seemed to be rather quiet at the moment. A fact that was worrying him a little.

He'd been confident that the rune tattoos could do more than boost her strength and durability, but they hadn't known what the after affects might be.
"We should" Mimi says, having snuck down from the roof silently. She'd never admit having fun appearing out of nowhere, but she totally did.

"I checked the roof out, it didn't look like anyone or anything had been up there, so..."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

There's a slight uptick in the rain, people are moving a touch quicker to finish up their business for their evening out by the corner store. If there were any trees nearby they'd be swaying in the harsh wind picking up. Milo scowls, and pulls his raincoat tighter. "Urgh. Damn rain. Look, you need anything else from us man. My parents'll freak if I'm not home soon."
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I'm going to head back to my car in the gas station parking lot," Kira says. "Don't approach until after I go inside and get a look at the footage. I don't think my cover story would work if we all showed up in the gas station together. I'll be back in no more than an hour I think. We can trade phone numbers in case you need to get in touch."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 3

Felix nodded, then wandered into the gas station himself. If he'd had his gear with him tapping into the equipment wouldn't have been an issue. In theory it still wasn't, but Kira had it under control and he had a much more important mission in mind.

He wandered over to the coffee machine, poured out an extra large, dumped in some cream and a bunch of sugar, then found a packaged hamburger broke the seal and tossed it into the overpowered gas station microwave. While he waited he tracked down a travel sized package of aspirin and loudly complained to himself about the outrageous prices they fixed to those things.

Collecting everything together he grudgingly paid the person behind the counter before wandering back out into the weather. He shoved the three items towards Cheyenne as he arrived at her side.

"Here. Drink this, eat that, and have a couple of those," He said.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The burger from Hogarth's would smell questioningly appetizing to Cheyene's senses, but food is still food.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 3; Condition: Huntress
Collecting everything together he grudgingly paid the person behind the counter before wandering back out into the weather. He shoved the three items towards Cheyenne as he arrived at her side.

Chey looked at the ""food"" askance. before sniffing it experimentally wrinkling her nose then shrugging and woofing it down without ceremony, chugged the coffee and aspirin down with equal gusto and gave Felix a grin as thanks. the food would help more then the aspirin heck a couple donuts would probably kick her regen into overdrive as it is. Sugar always helped like that.

"Thanks."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Milo, Mikey, M'Lady..." Phillips says with a slight bow, "thank you for your assistance."

"For the smoke..." he says offering the girl a $20. "...and whatever else you folk get up to." He says leaving it open-ended.

He composes a group text.

:: Eye witness. Saw dark shape on minimart roof. He lost sight of it and the GF at the same time. Might be something up there. There was another possible disappearance in the neighborhood. Might be nothing. ::
He sends it to the collection of Mythos numbers he'd collected in the Greek Restaurant earlier.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Though his companions are only a short distance away, sending a message as a concrete note is deemed prudent by Philip. Everyone that has theirs on hand receives the message, and are clued in on the situation at hand. After having given the group their reward for whatever info they could provide, the group makes to move their gathering indoors and out of the worsening weather.
------------
Wheeljack Prime

Post by Wheeljack Prime »

Mimi "Neko Mimi" Nomura
Dodge: 10, Parry: 10, Tough: 6/3, Fort: 6, Will: 8, Perception: +10
HP: 1, Condition: Normal

catsi563 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:07 am

Chey looked at the ""food"" askance. before sniffing it experimentally wrinkling her nose then shrugging and woofing it down without ceremony, chugged the coffee and aspirin down with equal gusto and gave Felix a grin as thanks. the food would help more then the aspirin heck a couple donuts would probably kick her regen into overdrive as it is. Sugar always helped like that.

"Thanks."
"That stuff is so bad for you" Mimi said, even as she munched a pre-packaged chicken sandwich with her face mask down. A $5 bill to cover it was sitting on the counter the next time the clerk (or anyone else) looked.

"What was the deal with that guy? It felt like he was more than just big and tough."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 3; Condition: Huntress

"Felix can probably explain better, but I think he was channeling any kinetic energy into the ground." she explained after a brief moment of thought. "Long as he was grounded might as well have been punching a mountain side."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: Injured 3 | HP:2
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Presence
Auspix Array: Super-Senses
Vampire Array: Dominate

Phillip joins the biggest group of the vigilantes together. (Probably Felix and Cheyenne).

"The kids were talkative, or... sign-ative, as it were. My ASL course-work finally paid off." Phillip says. "So checking the roof, maybe. Also I have directions to another possible missing person."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 3

"Not sure, didn't get to see much, but based on what I was seeing I think you're right about the kinetic energy. You might be right about the ground thing too, I think there was a Greek myth about a guy who was invincible until he was lifted off the ground," Felix considers this for a minute and shrugs, "My guess? His body absorbs all kinetic energy. Including his own. So when he took that last hit either he passed out and his body will stay like that until he wakes up again, or he ran out of gas entirely, is still awake, and can't move until his internal gas tank charges up."

"Either way, next time we'll have to blast him from a distance,"
Felix rubbed his artificial forearm unconsciously, as a few thoughts skittered through his mind, "Anyways."

He sighs and looks around, "If what the kids told Philip is true than this isn't a stand alone incident. If they've been doing this for a while there might be a trail or a pattern."

"You think you can try your hunting trick on the roof? If they're following people up there, well, less chance that the traffic in the area has obscured the trail."

"I'll see if I can find anything in the news about missing people in this area in the last little while,"
He says, mentally bringing up a web browser on his mirrorshades.
OOC: Trying to see if I can pull info using Well-Informed
Well-Informed on missing people cases in area: 1d20+4 10
... nope. ;~)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Felix discovers initial search results produce over a dozen missing people cases going back to the creation of the city. In fact they're pretty spread out, and over broad areas. And years apart. In fact it's probably nothing and he's found himself trapped in news articles that are increasingly unrelated to his search.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 3; Condition: Huntress (exhausted)
You think you can try your hunting trick on the roof? If they're following people up there, well, less chance that the traffic in the area has obscured the trail."
"Lets find out." she said with a shrug. then stretching out as she took a few steps bac the turned and broke into a run before she left a small crack in the concrete as she launched herself skyward.

Once on the roof she focused clearing all the distractions and the pain she was in and let her senses guide her to the quarry she sought.

Chey will leap to the roof easy even in her condition

her perception check to begin tracking _: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22
barring any penalties that might work

Last edited by catsi563 on Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Catsi stories