[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by jmucchiello »

Foxy turns up the heat (to rank 2) and increases the amount of flames and smoke in the illusion. She has random voices say things like, "It growing too fast." "We have to evacuate." "Did the dinners get out?" "Remain calm and leave the area!"

(ooc: Her environment power is at RANK 2 Heat, and RANK 1 Obscure vision -2.)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

People co tinue to panic as they flee from the false flames, only the kitchen staff and a few shady men and woman seem aware of the falsehood. Yet for a their searching, they just can't seem to locate the perpetrator of Foxy.

Further inside the restersunt, the man looks first at Cheyenne, then Felix, and finally the hulking metallic brute behind him. He let's out a soft laugh that falls short of its intended easy going tennor, beset by a crack of voice partly in. "I don't suppose you'd allow me to call my lawyer first, would you?"

Just a glance at Cheyenne is enough to let him know the answer to that. He offers a weak smile, before his entire expression turns sinister on a dime. "Then again, I'm pretty sure the ones who need their lawyers right now are you people."

Before the rest of the team can get another word in edgewise,, the man collapses into a billowing cloud of mist. His presence vanishes from Cheyenne's keen senses before it even clears, reminding her all too well of Foxy's favored method of movement.

GM: Darrius isn't an idiot, he knows when he's lost the advantage. He uses his turn to teleport away, ending combat.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: -2 | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Potence > Applied Obfuscation, Hide in Plain Sight, Stealth +12, Concealment (All Visual), Partial Only, Insidious.
Auspix Array: Enhanced Senses
Vampire Array: Gaseous Body; insubstantial 2, Flight 3, Feature: Can also affect gear/small items, Evasion 2

In a corner of the room Phillip's form solidifies from his hazy mist state. His wounds are evident as his slumps heavily against the wall - still standing. Just.

"He was... so powerful. I think he was an original... Actually made at the Empowering, not created afterwards." the vampire Paramedic says.

"I'm glad you guys showed up. In my defense, I got off some rather scathing barbs that surely cut him to the core.... if he... uh... actually heard them over the sounds of my ribs cracking." Philip tries to chuckle but it's cut off at a wince of pain and his hand goes to his side.

"Ow."
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

Chey snorts in annoyance before reaching out to give Phillip a hand up.

"Lets get out of here and regroup." she says to Felix "We shook the branches a bit lets see what falls out."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1 HP

"Yeah, we're in trouble here. We need to get out before they call the cops, who are probably on the way due to the fire, but we need a lead before we can leave," Felix looks around, trying to find any computers, or security cameras he could access, "The way this is going they'll just teleport where they're going and we'll never be able to follow them."

He made a note that he needed to make something to block teleportation after this was all done.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: -2>0 | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Potence > Applied Obfuscation, Hide in Plain Sight, Stealth +12, Concealment (All Visual), Partial Only, Insidious.
Auspix Array: Enhanced Senses
Vampire Array: Fleshcrafting

Phillip's hand goes into his flesh to temporarily adjust his broken ribs back in to place.

"Mr. Wu's office is down the hall. Maybe we'll find something in there." he suggests, standing a little straiter.

Healing, Temporary: 1d20+9 29 uhg... didn't quite need a crit there...
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

"Ok lets make it quick." she says turning and moving down the hall to the office where she begins a thorough if somewhat quick search for any clues she can find.

Cheys investigation check _: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19
hmm passable boosted by any group effort if any or can be used to boost someones better roll
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Foxy teleports back when the dining room is mostly empty. When she sees the vampire is missing she says, "Men with guns are in the kitchen. They might start looking around now that my distraction is finished."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Mythos crew make a cursory look at Wu's office, surface details alone coming up squeaky clean. It seems that the place operates as a legitimate business, with any more shady dealings having taken place elsewhere or, more likely, undocumented in the various backrooms. With sirens on the horizon it's evident that people needed to beat feat, Darius's warning lending some credence to be wary of interact with the law as of this exact moment. Cheyenne was doubtless to get an angry call froma pint-sized man later in the night once her handiwork has been discovered.

Golem had kept relatively silent as everyone moved back to the HBJ, luckily unaccosted by roving guardsman. Felix, more experienced in reading entirely inert machines however, could see her frustration with the situation clear as day. There wasn't even a way for her to exact revenge against the man behind it all, as he like most other staff were the first ones out on the street.

Left smarting by the brutal one-sided fight, Philip has had a stark reminder that even with his learned tricks he was only a fledgling vampire in the end. It was good that he had new friends to count on when the chips were down, and that they evidently had good instinct when it came to dangerous situations. Still, now that he's seen what a master vampire had to offer, he could perhaps better prepare for an almost guaranteed future encounter.

After some distance away from the restaurant Foxy's illusions would doubtlessly drop and leave rescue workers all the more confused about the situation. With some spiteful luck hopefully they'd soak a good portion of the kitchens before the ruse fell through. After a bit of time to relax from the danger, some of the earlier details came to light and reminded the magician's assistant. She herself was scheduled for a charity auction headed by a rather taciturn Asian woman. Coincidences aside, perhaps there was more to this than she realized.

GM: Take a PP for completely this portion of the adventure, and Philip can take another HP for surviving against the odds.
------------
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1 HP

Felix was feeling about as frustrated as their robot compatriot was. Getting into a fistfight with a minotaur was easy, but playing detective?
Eric just had to be out of touch right now, didn't he?

"Okay, so the only place left would be that charity thing they were talking about, right? Could be what we're looking for, I image there's not much traffic going through, and there's got to be storage," Felix sat down in his seat and mentally asked the Herkimer Battle Jitney to move them away from the area.

"We'd just need to figure out where it is."

Felix hoped this was going to lead them to some clues, because if it didn't he suspected that Cheyenne and the Golem were going to team up to kidnap some dirtbags soon for some "enhanced interrogation".
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Do we know when it is? I might be able to call around." Phillip volunteers.

Upon getting the information he'll call around, drawing upon the Dark Gift to add gravitas to his request.
[Using Skill Mastery to get result of 27 on Persuasion.]
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Charity thing?" Foxy says. "My alter ego will be performing at the <proper name for the charity auction> this Saturday. Is that what you're talking about?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Foxy can recall it taking place at the Yamikawa Auction House, the event itself being funded by and for the Inheritance Foundation. The research she'd performed on the event revealed it to have been formed earlier this year, to help those suffering from discrimination following their transformations. all this recent talks about human trafficking remind her of the brief joking question she gave Arthur. "Will we be the ones auctioned?"

He'd told her no, but perhaps her initial thoughts weren't so far from the truth.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:47 pm "Do we know when it is? I might be able to call around." Phillip volunteers.

Upon getting the information he'll call around, drawing upon the Dark Gift to add gravitas to his request.
[Using Skill Mastery to get result of 27 on Persuasion.]
When Philip was given the basic information from Foxy, he'd put in a few calls to some of the more esoteric people he'd come into contact with since his turning. They don't have as much to add as he'd hope, most of what people know is that the building has been part of the Yamikawa family for a few years even before the Inheritance. A few of his informants mention that a couple big names in the underworld were going to be attending an event this Saturday, an all too unlikely coincidence. At the same time, there are plenty of clean names and celebrities that have made posts on social media regarding the event, leading credence to the idea that it's not going to be entirely composed of criminals, but there's likely to be something backdoor going on.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip will share what he learned with the others.