[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

With the decision to leave made and implemented, Phillip will close his eyes and see through the eyes of the rats to monitor what the Lamplighters do in order to best give a heads up to his companions if they'll be further trouble this night. He'll do this as long as the rats are within his mile range of communication.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

"Any of our bullet resistant members want to get out and teach them a lesson, or shall we table this for a later pest removal?" Felix asks, now that escape is a viable option.

It was a lot easier to be confidant when you were less likely to be shot.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira sees the van behind her and plots a course for a parking lot in a better neighborhood but also on the way to where they had been headed before the excitement started. Maybe a mall parking lot or a fast food parking lot.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: huntress

If theres one thing Chey is not good at its letting a bunch of people waylay travelers especially using spike strips and other traps,

Plus shes never been shy about a challenge

"Get them out of here Felix, Ill catch up later." She says her voice a low ominous growl as that light in her eyes that Felix recognizes as the one she gets when shes gone full Fight shines,

She stips off her jacket leaving it on the seat then pops the door on the van and without even bothering to wait for it to stop is out and on her feet.

"Only warning ." she says to the gang as she finishes sliding along the ground and plants herself between the gang and the Vans exit. "Go home or get beat down."

Why not settle this the fun way :D this should trigger her Fighter complication

Cheys Initiatve _: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20

going to try to intimidate _: 1D20+10 = [12]+10 = 22 see if we can demoralize first

She has startle and daze so if she succeeds theyre unable to act

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Yes, yes it will. Take an HP as Cheyene choose to fight against the odds!

Taking a look at the bold brash broad, immediately several of the lesser gangers tense up. A nervous teen boy takes several steps backwards, "Sh-she's not kidding! I know about her, she's one of those Mythos freaks!"

The young woman next to him startles with wide eyes, "The same guys who took down Longhorn-?! Shit, I'm busting out of here!"

Her, the first, and a couple others immediately turn tail and rush off in disgrace. Almost everyone else seems to freeze up at the sight of Cheyenne facing them down. Up ahead the leather-bound woman spits to the ground, pulling up her gun again. "Cowards! It's just one bitch, if she's really so famous then I bet she's loaded. Come on!"

With words filled with confidence, one of those remaining managing to shake themselves from their stupor.

Philip is able to watch from his ratty sentries, as well as seeing the tall man who blocked off the alley. Hands stiff at their sides, he slowly starts to march forward toward the alley's head. On the way he passes the dark-skinned man rear-ended by Felix's van, who groans while making no moves to get back up. No look is spared to them by the tall ganger.
Rolls
Initiative (Thugs): 21, 4, 5, 13, 6, 6
Lieutenants: 11, 22, 23
Tall Thug: 8

Will Resist (Thugs): 14, 16, 25, 23, 22, 14
Will Resist (Lieutenants): 18, 16
Hah, I knew you couldn't resist combat for long! Cheyene acts during initiative, everyone else effectively acts at the end of the round until they choose to join (Roll for Initiative).

L1(Leader): Standard; Leadership / Move; Retreat backwards away from Cheyenne's fist-range
Cheyene
L2
Thugs 1-2 (Fascinated!)
L3 (Fascinated!)
Thugs 3-7 (1 is Fascinated! 1 is down! Three are turning to flee!)
Tall Thug (2 turns away)

-

Felix's Van: 90 ft. away
Kira's Car: Off-map (Within Teleportation Range)
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: Hesitant | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Applied Obfuscation
Auspix Array: Super-Senses
Vampire Array: Animalism

While not strictly needing to breath.... old habits and all that. Phillip took in a long breath and released it. While not exactly a sigh it was more a breath of resignation and anticipation.

He opened his eyes and unbuckled his seat belt, not one to let a chosen companion face off against a mob of gangers alone. As he exited Mongrel he drew upon vampiric abilities of shadow and befuddlement to cloak himself. Even if someone does spot him they'll see a figure but the features will be undefinably hazy in their minds when they recall it later. In the past he's used this when talking, perfectly normally, with people but later if asked to pick him out of a line up they'd be unable to. (It also had the benefit of anyone striking at him would have their visual aim slightly thrown off.)
Phillip will Move to exit the vehicle then use Hide in Plain Sight to Stealth.
AE: Applied Obfuscation: Hide in Plain Sight, Stealth +12, Concealment (All Visual), Partial Only, Insidious.
Insidious visual concealment means that he's -2 to be hit, and anyone interacting with him will not realize they can't quite make out his features. {Phillip is a grab-bag of weird utility powers not necessarily a prime combatant. But we'll see.}

I'm posting from work but will edit in an initiative and stealth roll when I can {all the rolling sites are blocked off by our firewall but luckily echoes slips by}. As of yet, not commanding the rats to do anything yet but gather in the shadows and be ready.

What's the weather like? Still raining?

Edit: rolls:
init: 1d20+8 28 he is quick.
stealth: 1d20+12 31 he is ninja.
athletics: 1d20+0 17 he is speedy in the shadows.

this, of course, means I've blown all my luck getting to the fight. I predict few actual contributions due to abysmal rolls.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira pulls to the side and stops her car. With the doors locked she teleports out. Where Cheyenne had been sitting in the van a fox appears. "Okay, what are we doing?" It asks. "I don't want to leave my car here and I don't want to leave them to fight alone."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The rain has lessened to more of a drizzle by this point, though the roads remain slick and treacherous. Philip finds himself a jaunt away from the battle just about to start.

GM: With about 90 ft of distance to cover, You'll need to make an athletics check of 15 to get right the combat zone on your next turn.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Cheyenne went out to make sure these guys don't pull this nonsense on a normal family," Felix hesitates, "Also I may have ran over somebody, we probably ought to check and see if they need medical attention."

"Oh, watch out for the tall guy, he's got some kind of ability or he's just stupid confidant,"
Felix looks over, "I can keep an eye on your car, I didn't bring my weapons, so I can't really jump in."
Wheeljack Prime

Post by Wheeljack Prime »

Mimi "Neko Mimi" Nomura
Dodge: 10, Parry: 10, Tough: 6/3, Fort: 6, Will: 8, Perception: +10
HP: 1, Condition: Normal
Arkrite wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:07 pm "Cheyenne went out to make sure these guys don't pull this nonsense on a normal family," Felix hesitates, "Also I may have ran over somebody, we probably ought to check and see if they need medical attention."

"Oh, watch out for the tall guy, he's got some kind of ability or he's just stupid confidant,"
Felix looks over, "I can keep an eye on your car, I didn't bring my weapons, so I can't really jump in."
Mimi had spoken up in favor of going on, not being distracted... but the chance for a fight, to put her skills to use, that had her getting excited enough that she didn't contest the point.

"I have some spares, do you want to try the chain or a blade?" Mimi asks Felix, unbuckling the seatbelt.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"I think I'd be better trying to hit them with the Mongrel than a sword or a chain," Felix says then deadpans, "Less likely to hurt myself."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira "Foxy" Donal
Dodge: 8, Parry: 8, Tough: 8, Fort: 8, Will: 8, Perception: +10
HP: 1, Form: Fox, Condition: Fatigued

"I think I'm going to port over to that roof behind the highwaymen. See what trouble I can cause them from there." Foxy says with a twinkle in her eye and then she disappears.

Initiative: 1D20 = [17] = 17 (I assume she's going to arrive this round and then act on round 2.)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Correct.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Warrior

"Remember; You chose this." She says then wastes no more words and goes on the offense by taking off like a shot and burying a fist into the gut of the loudmouth who thought she was loaded, Well to be fair she was loaded just not with money but she had muscle and aggression to spare and she decided to be generous with both.

Chey will all out for +2/-2 and tag the one who said "Bet shes loaded" _: 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12
BAH I dont think so blow a HP to reroll

_: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23 better tag her for DC25

if she goes down Chey has Takedown Attack 2 now so she keeps rolling through them, take 10 for any mooks or roll as needed all at DC 25 and has a move speed of Speed 3 with leaping 5 so she can cover a wide swath of ground in the process of goon sweeping

small note she again is going for hospital stays not morgue visits so broken bones and traction max just to be clear
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: The Leuitenants are not minions, and aren't affected by takedown. Would you still like to use the HP with that in mind?
------------