[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by catsi563 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:44 pm GM: The Leuitenants are not minions, and aren't affected by takedown. Would you still like to use the HP with that in mind?

yeah wouldve looked a bit silly missing on the first go round Ill use takedown on any minions in range then clean up the lts and bosses after
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Is she letting those trying to escape do so, or is this a 'tough love' circumstance?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:21 pm GM: Is she letting those trying to escape do so, or is this a 'tough love' circumstance?
yeah letting them run has to deal with the ones close by first. She can always hunt the rest down later plus taking down the leadership is always more effective then beating up small fries
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cheyenne rushes forward, slamming the leather-clad woman in front of her with a powerful right hook that leaves her stumbling backward. "H-holy shit! Fists, get over here!"

A man with buzzed hair rushes forward, focused on he aggressive hero even as rain soaks through is wife beater. At the last moment he slips on the asphalt sending his knuckleduster-laden fist wide. While distracted by his blunder however, a punkish woman wisely chooses to avoid direct combat and draws forth a pistol, nailing a shot against Cheyenne's shoulder.

Two of the thugs who turned tail quickly vanish behind neighboring buildings, with another man right behind them. From the alley Felix initially tried driving down, the tall ganger slowly meanders closer to the combat zone, stopping just short to take one last drag of his vice.
Combat Map
Dice Rolls
Toughness: 14 Vs. 25

Attack: 14
Attack: 25
GM: A very solid hit against their leader! If she was a minion, she'd be down easy. Miko, go ahead and roll your initiative and take your actions for this turn. Since everyone is so spread out, I'll let you post your actions and I'll adjust the narrative accordingly.

Philip: (In Stealth)
L1(Leader, Staggered!, -1)
Cheyene DC 18 Toughness
"Fists"
Foxy
Thugs 1-2
L3
Thugs 3-7 (1 is down! Three are fleeing!)
Tall Thug (1 turn away)

-

Felix (Out of Combat)
------------
Wheeljack Prime

Post by Wheeljack Prime »

"Meet you there!" Mimi called to Foxy as she vanished... and more than ninja style. Probably! "You never know until you try!" she added to Felix before squirming out of her seat and vanishing down the street in a dark flash, heading for Cheyenne, running low to the ground with her arms trailing behind her.

She saw the big guy there and brought her first two fingers together in a ninja gesture, dashing parallel to him in to set up sort of afterimage effect that'd throw him off-guard.

[ooc]
Initiative: 1d20+10 25
Athletics: 1d20+3 15 So Speed 2, 120 feet of running, Mimi can get there in one action
Acrobatics: 1d20+15 20

Agile Feint of 20, using Set Up for Cheyenne
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira "Foxy" Donal
Dodge: 8, Parry: 8, Tough: 8, Fort: 8, Will: 8, Perception: +10
HP: 1, Form: Fox, Condition: Fatigued

Foxy teleports to the top of the three story building to the west along the wall facing the main thoroughfare, maybe 15 feet from alley the tall lamplighter is in. Telekinetically, she picks up the road hazard and causes it to swing around, smashing it the fourth gangers standing in a neat row parallel to building 2.

(ooc: Multiattack, Accurate Attack +4/-4, -4 for 4 targets, from north to south:
Attacks against thugs Tough DC 23 if attack exceeds Dodge.: 1D20+12 = [18]+12 = 30
1D20+12 = [14]+12 = 26
1D20+12 = [8]+12 = 20
1D20+12 = [11]+12 = 23

)
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: warrior

The slippery road and the mans wild bull rush meant the haymaker was sloppy but it still landed and did precisely squat and she gave the guy a raised eyebrow and a slight shake of the head. the gunshot on the other hand slammed into her shoulder leaving a nasty red spot which caused her to narrow her eyes at the boss.

that second one actually hit because of the all out maneuver so two check presuming both DC 18

_: 1D20+10 = [12]+10 = 22 1D20+10 = [6]+10 = 16

She failed at least the gun check by 2 so a bruised -1

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip advances still unseen all the while commanding his dozen of rodent thralls, collectively known as a 'mischief', to run over and climb Mount Active Shooter. All the while they are audibly sharpening their incisors, an unsettling process known as bruxing or chattering, meant to unsettle the punk gunswoman.
Not sure what, if any, check this is forcing.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

While Philip uses the dark rainy sky to his advantage, rats of all sizes begin pouring out of the side-alleys and drainage ditches. They all make a bee-line for the young woman who was stupid enough to brandish her gun against a hero of the streets, noticing only too late when the mischief of vermin begin to crawl up her pantslegs. It doesn't take long for her to start screaming in terror, trying in futility to kick and smack them away.

Just as sneaky as the vampiric medic but oh so trickier in application, the young youkai puts her training to use by blurring in front of the smalltime bruiser's eyes. He brings his arms up to block what might've been an attack, only to leave himself wide open for the powerful bounty-hunter right next to him, who in turn only grunts in mild displeasure at being shot near-point blank range by a gun.

Foxy, standing tall atop the roof of a nearby brick and mortar, exerts her strange power by starting to lift the heavy spikestrip in preparation for a devastating attack of her own...
Dice Rolls
Will save: 8
GM Notes
GM: Foxy, taking your modifiers into account your attacks should be +11, DC 16 (The benefit from accuracy cancels out multiattack's negative, but there's still a -4 to your effect DC). If I missed something here, please inform me. I've not yet applied your turn.

Philip (In Stealth)
Neko Miko
L1(Leader, Staggered!, -1): Retreats away by 30 feet
Cheyene (-1)
"Fists" (Feinted)
Foxy
Thugs 1-2
L3
Thugs 3-7 (1 is down! Three are fleeing! 1 is BLOODY TERIFIED!)
Tall Thug (1 turn away)

-

Felix (Out of Combat)
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(Ooc: I misremembered Foxy's stats. You're right.)
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: warrior

Chey smirked as the mischief--Phillips work no doubt-- caused her first target no end of grief. She then saw mimi or at least her afterimage do something that had the big guy swatting at air. Smelling trouble on her scale she didnt hesitate and acted lashing out with spinning heel kick to the big guys chin throwing a little extra effort to make sure he went down.

Not one to waste a good opportunity Chey will power attack for -2/+2 and all out for the +2/-2 _: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21 should hit him depending on his defense for a DC 27

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

There's a minor amount of chaos on the battlefield as rats scurry, objects are lifted, bullets are flying, and punches are thrown. All of this and the rain continues to drizzle down like a cold shower after a rough day at work.

With the distraction provided by Neko Miko, Cheyene's blow lands with enough force that "Fists" starts to get cross-eyed and wavering, much like his esteemed leader who valiantly leaves him behind to deal with all this. Still, even though he's clearly a stiff breeze away from falling over, he has that boxer's spirit to keep him going long enough to slam one of his heavy fists into the side of Cheyene's own head.

The other male thug on that side of the divide notices the rats and makes to try scarring them off the frightened woman, only for the flat end of the spiked equipment to slam into his head at jus the right angle to send him careening. Everyone else hit manages to fair better, though the screaming woman is now also covered in rat-gore as well. With a sharp eye the blonde woman takes note of Foxy from the rooftop, and orders the man next to her to take a shot. It's hard-shooting from down here, but he manages to just barely clip the vulpine woman. His superior seems to have no such trouble in the rain however, taking a single well-placed shot that'll land center-mass.

Standing by watching the chaos is the man who blocked of Felix's initial escape, slowly blowing smoke from his mouth as if merely taking a break from work. The leather-clad ganger looks to him almost pleadingly though he doesn't react at all. Instead it's almost like he's waiting for something.
Dice Rolls
Toughness ("Fists"):
Toughness (Thugs): 26, 20, 9
Toughness (L3):

Attack (+2/-2 PA):23
Attack vs. Foxy (Accurate, Foxy has the "High Ground"): 18
Attack vs. Foxy: Hit
GM Notes

Philip (In Stealth)
Neko Miko

L1(Leader, Staggered!, -1): *Thirty feet back from current position*
Cheyene (-1) (DC 21+2 Toughness)
"Fists" (Staggered!, -1)
Foxy (DC 16 toughness, DC 21 toughness)
Thugs 1-2 (1 is down!)
L3
Thugs 3-7 (1 is down! Three are fleeing! 1 is preoccupied with rats!)
Tall Thug

-

Felix (Out of Combat)
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira "Foxy" Donal
Dodge: 8, Parry: 8, Tough: 8, Fort: 8, Will: 8, Perception: +10
HP: 1, Form: Fox, Condition: -1 bruise, Fatigued
Tough 16: 1D20+8 = [6]+8 = 14 -1 bruise
Tough 21: 1D20+8 = [13]+8 = 21 success
(ooc: I thought the roof would provide some cover but I guess not.)

Kira shouts out, "You better return those things to the Acme you got them from." With the strip still in hand, she sends it flying into the leader who shot at her.
Multiattack, Tough DC 20 or more: 1D20+11 = [12]+11 = 23
After the strip hits the leader, Kira teleports to the roof of the 2-story building on the other side of the street and lands low and back from the edge so she cannot be seen.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: The roof is providing cover, they have a -3 circumstance bonus from your "High Ground".
------------
Wheeljack Prime

Post by Wheeljack Prime »

Mimi "Neko Mimi" Nomura
Dodge: 10, Parry: 10, Tough: 6/3, Fort: 6, Will: 8, Perception: +10
HP: 1, Condition: Normal

With “Fists” reeling, Mimi goes in for a finishing move, continuing her run until she’s behind him, then launching into a soaring knee kick at the small of his back, flipping off and retreating back out of his range.

OOC

Power Attack +4 on an unarmed attack with move-by action…

To-hit: 1d20+8 11 Ugh, can’t look uncool, time for a HP.

To-hit: 1d20+8 12 4 instead of 3, ow. But it’s +10, so 22 to hit, 8 damage.