[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by jmucchiello »

"Okay, sounds good," the fox says. "I'm going to bamf out. As I said, we need to work on our act." She bamfs out and telehops to her practice space. When she arrives, if Arthur isn't there, she calls him and tells him they need to practice.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip will accept a ride. He'll reapply his 'daylight protection' cream before meeting back up with the others.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Alright, awesome. Felix, give me the specs for the things you're doing and toss me some rolls. You can modify the phones as a routine, I won't have you roll for such. Philip and Foxy both can roll SoH to hide the cameras within the room she found, you're both already plenty aware of where the security is and can avoid it without rolls as of now. Cheyenne, if you have anything you want to do to prepare let me know now.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

Cheyenne did accept a ride back home where she got a quick shower and a change of clothes and fed her cat. She then hopped on her motorcycle and drove right back to Felix's workshop. this time with a bag full of burgers and such in hand and some beers. She made sure felix got at least one dinner in then she crashed out on the workshops couch sound asleep only waking up to make sure felix hadnt blown something up in the middle of the night. She knew his work was exceptional but she also knew he would go until HE felt he was done. So as his friend it was her duty to make sure he took care of himself in the process of creation

Cheys basically going to assist Felix as best she can cant do it tech or science wise but she can make sure he naps gets a bite to eat etc so he stays healthy
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira "Foxy" Donal
Dodge: 8, Parry: 8, Tough: 8, Fort: 8, Will: 8, Perception: +10
HP: 1, Luck: 2>1, Form: Fox, Condition: Normal

Kira finds Arthur at their practice space and tells him she wants to work on some older tricks as her teleportation might be compromised. If he asks why, she gives him an answer that is basically truthful but won't give him enough information that someone questioning him would be able to figure anything out about the team. They spend the next couple days working on a low teleportation act. Thankfully, they aren't doing a full two hour show. This is just a thirty minute sampler.

Later, she meets up with Philip and is given some cameras to hide.

(OOC:
Sleight of Hand: 1D20+10 = [4]+10 = 14
Sleight of Hand (Luck reroll): 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30 Those things are hidden.

Kira manages to find a lot of really obscured places to place the cameras where no one can find them. :OOC)
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 0

Felix hadn't been kidding about how busy he was going to be.

After a couple hours of sleep he woke up and started pulling the phones apart. A few long wires, a few excess parts removed, some USB power supplies for ones that could be hidden, some plastic bags for water protection for ones that needed to be in a potted plant or somewhere damp.

It was ugly work, but they'd record, they didn't have any excess draws on power, and if they were lucky the video would up uploaded to a cloud account. If not? Well, Kira and Phillip would have to retrieve them the hard way.

It took longer than he wanted, and still far less time than it had any right to.

Then he was on to the potion. da Vinci's book was a godsend when it came to that. He read through the book and found something that was close to what he wanted. Brewing the potion was quick and he was confidant it might even work. The question, for later, was who was going to use it?

After that he snuck back to the restaurant and tried to use his magic and technology knowledge to get rid of the incriminating evidence in the video recordings.

With that resolved he went after the last problem. And ran into problems. Minutes turned into hours, and then into days as he built, disassembled and rebuilt the device that was, ostensibly, supposed to block teleportation.
What it did, to his frustration, was eat every last hour he had left as his frustration grew and grew.

Only Cheyenne's intervention made him pause for food, and even sleep, though he'd wake up a handful of hours later and go right back to "banging his head against" the "damnable" thing.

Finally he was out of time. Dark rings under his eyes, covered scratches, cuts, smelling of ozone and solder, his head snapped up as his phone went off.

It just wasn't going to work. He didn't know enough about teleportation, magic, or even technology to make it work.

In frustration he attempted to pick it up and hurl it across the room, but the thing weighed a ton. It shifted on the table slightly, as if to add insult to injury.

"Fine. Didn't want to block teleportation anyways," He lied outrageously as he glared at the pile of half build electronics.

Spinning he stomped off to get his gear ready.

Ready or not, the time had come.

Felix ran back into the room, in a fit of anger, and starts pulling the heavy casing apart. After the case had been cracked off, he picked it up to toss it, pausing only for a second as something caught his eye.

The main power cable hadn't been plugged in.

Glancing around to make sure nobody is watching, he clicked the cable back in, tucked the now much lighter device under his arm, and rushes back out to get his gear.

OOC: Using da Vinci's book to jerry rig a potion, burning an HP to jerry rig the blocker
Jury Rig Teleporter Blocker DC23, and Teleporter Tracking Potion DC24: 1d20+10 15 1d20+10 25
Success on potion.
Failure on blocker.
HP Reroll on Jerry Rig for Teleport Blocker DC23: 1d20+10 12
22 is still a failure.
Trying to build it the old fashion way, which is going to eat into Felix's time to sleep (hence the fatigue).
Taking 10 to finish the Design of DC18.
Slow build on Teleportation Blocker, DC23: 1d20+10 21
And that's a fail... except I'm an idiot and the DC is 18 since it's not a jerry rig. So it is a success. :oops:

Teleportation Tracking Potion: Senses 9 (Accurate: Mental, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended: Mental 4: x10k, Tracking: Mental 1: -1 speed rank)

Teleportation Blocker: Cylinder Area Nullify 9 (Counters: Teleportation, DC 19; Cylinder Area 2: 60 feet cylinder, DC 19; Noticeable: Laser lights flickering from the generator to the extent of the nullification area, Reduced Range: close, Unreliable (5 uses))

Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

by Kriskukko

The next three days seem to pass by in agonizingly slow motion. The Golem wasn't too happy about holding off the next few days, and the original client who asked for the sword to be retrieved has been sending increasingly desperate text messages to Felix. It's gotten to the point where he's had to ask Captain to let the poor kid know it was being dealt with and needed some more time. Whatever the man did seems to have worked for now, and the last few hours leading up to the final moment were blissfully silent for the technomancer. Perfect working conditions that allowed him to finally, after many painstaking hunched over his workbench to get the pseudo-scientific device to work.

If he as asked to explain how, exactly, it operated Felix would've been at a loss. The most important thing was the fact that it did, as proven during the brief tests he ran using Foxy as a Guinea pig.

For said woman, it's been almost as stressful. Arthur wasn't entirely sure what all was going on in the background, but he knew enough now to be worried for both her and his own safety at the event. He was half-tempted to cancel, but he decided to go through with it for the sake of his friend. Cutting out the teleportation tricks that actually involved real teleportation was difficult at first, but the pair had started their careers during practical tricks and illusions. The props were still set up for everything. All that was required of them was to shake the dust off so they can perform at their highest pre-Inheritance performance.

If there was a little bit of illusionary work threaded into the performance here and there, well, nobody had to know.

Cheyenne and Philip both have been left mostly to their own devices in those proceeding days. While the former had made herself busy by keeping her friend from killing himself, the latter had his hands full at whichever free-clinic he was operating out of this time around. It seemed like he and foxy had done an excellent job in laying out the gutted cameraphones around the auction-house in a variety of areas. None of them had been noticed by the mundane security that walked the halls, and when Philip caught sight of the terrifyingly familiar vampire as it talked sweet to a staffer, he'd felt relief that the man never once glanced at inconspicuously angled potted fern.

Near the top of the hour on the last day, Cheyenne recieved a three word text. "We're in position."

It was officially go-time.

Foxy and Arthur had been let into the doors early in the evening in order to make the last minute set-up for their act, leaving the rest of the Mythos crew locked up in the HBJ as it pulled up in disguise alongside countless other cars. The proceedings of the night had drawn quite a crowd as people came from all over to catch a glimpse of one of the many celebrities due to make an appearance that night. There were a few political figures making their guest appearances in order to drum up support from their constituents, as Supernatural Rights had become a hot-topic here in the city over the past several months.

And where rights activists were present, their opposition was also there in spades as hundreds of people tried to make their voices heard as they decried giving aid to so-called 'monsters', 'pixies', 'bloodsuckers', and many other names that held a far darker truth than any of them realized. Hidden under the glitz and glamor were faces and names the Mythos crew had only heard rumors about, and doubtlessly many more who hid themselves under a veneer of public appeal.

How the rest of the crew were meant to be getting in hadn't quite been established, though they'd feel they had enough time before things really kicked off to find a way to sneak in if they felt a need to. Nobody important had yet to make an appearance in the background auction, but tables were being set out even as the ones in the public eye were being filled.

An orc was on stage, dressed to the nines and holding a microphone in one hand and a glass of chardonnay in the other. "Welcome, welcome!" he spoke. "I bid everyone here welcome. Today is a historic day, as we all come together here to honor and acknowledge the plight of the mythical men and woman who populate our society today. My name is Lennard DiFrancesco, acting spokesman for the Inheritance Foundation."

The man continued to speak at length, playing to the gathered crowed like a maestro as he prepped them to open up both their hearts and their wallets for the events to come.

In the greenroom Kira and Arthur had set up, the man was pacing back and fourth. "Almost time. Almost show time. Need to put on a brave face, Arthur. Nothing's going to go wrong. Right?" He looked to Kira, seeking guidance.

within the HBJ, the Golem pulled a whetstone along the length of her 'borrowed' claymore, sending sparks across the floor with each pass. "And so we have gathered at last, to stalk oure prey yn their fynal moments. Yf ye wish to ynfiltrate this gatheryng of fools, I shan't stop ye. I only aske that ye give me a wyndowe yn whan thyngs ynevitably goon wrong."

GM: Here we go. Tell me what you want to do and how you want to do it.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

When Felix had a moment he introduced the newest items to the group.

"This potion will give the person who drinks it the ability to sense the other end of a teleportation. You'll need to be next to the entry point to be able to detect the exit point. From my understanding, if your senses are strong enough, you'll be able to tell what direction and how far," He taps the case he'd put the potion in, "It's one use, might last for an hour or so but this is our hail Mary for if everything else goes wrong. I don't know if we want that to go to the person with the strongest senses or the person who can move the fastest."

"But either way, no drugs, alcohol or other ingestible magics until it's passed your system, no telling what might happen."

In the stories people chugged potions left right and center. But in reality? Mixing magic might be a bad thing, and mixing the components had to be a bad thing.
He assumed.
He hadn't felt like testing how lethal multiple potions were on the basis of 'I like to live'.

He waves to the Teleportation Blocker, "This... makes teleportation harder. Not impossible, so they might be able to teleport through it. And it will only work for a little while. The more people try to teleport when it is on, the faster it's going to melt down. So when it goes up we're going to have to take out the teleporter quick. It's only got a sixty food radius."

"And, uh, it's fragile... and everybody is going to know when it's turned on, it's basically a giant beacon, so... yeah."

He sat back down, "Anybody can use these, doesn't have to be me."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Arthur, stop pacing," Kira says. "You'll just build up a static charge and zap me later."

Arthur smiles as he always paces and she always tells this joke.

"Everything will be fine. We do the show and then we mingle. Easy peasy."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip also spent the days seeding the area around the gala with rats that had instructions to stay hidden. He provided enough food that the various sets of rats didn't have to go wandering (less chance of discovery and extermination). He made sure they had easy ways in.

"I am both perceptive and fast and volunteer to carry a potion." Phillip says. "Be wary of the vampire we faced, he might recognize us. I was planning to go in disguise." Phillip says, unpacking a disguise kit and beginning to apply a bronzing foundation.
deception: 1d20+6 20 for disguising.
"We don't need invites, do we?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

"Im not disguising anything." She said her voice icy and fierce

"When I go in, I want them to see me. I want them to see what's waiting for them when the lights go out. I want them to see what's coming for them if they keep going down that dark road, and for them to know what it's like to lose everything they know."

Her fists clenched and unclenched unconsciously.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Okay, but if you're not disguising yourself you need to make sure nobody sees you before we trap them," Felix points out, "This is our last good chance to catch them and we need to do everything we can so it works."

"I'd rather have you close to the action to back up the others, but,"
he shrugs. It was really up to Cheyenne.

"Once we figure out where we're needed we're going to have to get myself and the Golem inside," He pauses then adds, "While alerting and alarming as few civilians as possible."

Cheyenne would be happy to Kool-Aid man her way through the building, and the Golem seemed like the sort to pick up those bad habits.

He glanced at the Golem, wondering if the Golem was really sharpening the sword on the whetstone, or if it was simply grinding down a whetstone on a magical sword.

"I really need to build one of those Mission Impossible mask printers," he muttered to himself. Another thing to add to the never ending list of things to do.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Lemon squeazy." The magician finished needlessly, nodding at Kira. "Alright. We have a little while until we're upe, let's go over that last part again. I'm still not so sure if I'm handling that eel right."

GM: If Kira would like, she may roll for her performance during the show and describe the act.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
"Okay, but if you're not disguising yourself you need to make sure nobody sees you before we trap them," Felix points out, "This is our last good chance to catch them and we need to do everything we can so it works."

"I'd rather have you close to the action to back up the others, but," he shrugs. It was really up to Cheyenne.
"They wont see me till its time." She said as a slight ripple crossed her body causing her to ever so briefly blend with the seat she was in.
"Once we figure out where we're needed we're going to have to get myself and the Golem inside," He pauses then adds, "While alerting and alarming as few civilians as possible."
"Service entrance around back, come in as part of the entertainment with your giant animatronic wonder robot used for the big magic show."

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Golem paused, lifting the stone away from the blade. It nods at Cheyenne's suggestion. "It wolde be an ynterestyng sleighte to pull. "
------------