[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Yep, you' may consider yourself fluent. Decide for yourself how he's come to know it, perhaps it was useful for his career as an EMT?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 3; Condition: warrior

Cheyenne snerks but eventually stands up stretches herself feeling awful all over but better then before, She hops out donning her loose coat as she does and pulls the hood over her head Then takes the Harley off one handed before setting it down, and plants herself on the seat to wait.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 3

Felix hums to himself as he looks around the area.

"Oops. I done it
Told you how I feel.
Just hope this time
That our love is real."

When Kira comes back Felix is drawn out of his own head, glancing over to her.

"What? Oh, the Mongrel? I sent it home," Felix says adjusting the boxy mirror shades on his face, "It's not really made to handle guys with guns. Or guys with crazy powers."

He grins, "Don't worry, our ride will be along soon enough."

He really ought to have explained better, but he kind of wanted to see the look on their faces when the Herkimer Battle Jitney rolled up.

In the meantime he examined the area, trying to see if there were any cameras in the area that might have been helpful.

"So she got out about here and was walking... that way?" Felix asks, pointing, "She wasn't really that far from home. Should we just follow her trail and see if anything jumps out at us?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Felix is able to spot the security cameras for the gas station, of which Kira mentioned getting a chance to examine footage for later on. With an area like this, it's not unlikely there might be homes or other apartments armed with cameras too.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: Injured 3 | HP:2
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Presence
Auspix Array: Super-Senses
Vampire Array: Dominate

Phillip's smile broadens.
< Happy to meet you M-I-K-E-Y. > he says, spelling the boy's name. It had been years, even before his Turning since he used the sign language he'd learned in college and in correspondence courses after he got his EMT license. You got and extra stipend a month if you could claim you knew multiple languages. Phillip had added ASL to his resume to help pay the rent.

< I'd love to talk to you more. Would you be okay with that? > he asks.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

While Milo blinked with a frown, his silent friend's face lit up. "<I'd be okay with it. You want to talk about that girl?>"

"Whoa, Mikey, we don't know this guy at all. You know what the city's like these days." The Latino interjects, turning so he could lay a hand on the other's shoulder. Mikey falters in response, glancing uncomfortably between both him and Philip.
------------
Wheeljack Prime

Post by Wheeljack Prime »

Mimi "Neko Mimi" Nomura
Dodge: 10, Parry: 10, Tough: 6/3, Fort: 6, Will: 8, Perception: +10
HP: 1, Condition: Normal

Mimi slipped out of the van after Phillip has exited and made his impression, slipping into the shadows. She takes a look at the area with a ninja's eye... where one would wait for an ambush, the best place to hide to get the drop on someone... and she starts with the roof of the mini-mart, bounding up there to take a look. Someone might have left a trace up there, and it'd at least be a spot to see where any other spots might be.

[ooc]
Investigation: 1d20+5 18
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Hey now," Phillip says with a disarming smile, both speaks and signs this next part "<Let's be honest here. The picture I showed you earlier, she has a boyfriend who's been worried about her ever since she disappeared a few days ago. I'm just helping him out, getting any information I can. Here's a chance to make the city a better place, at least for one person.>"

"<Shouldn't we take any opportunity we can for that?>" he asks the teens.
I'll actually roll this time.
Persuade: 1d20+17 29
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The three exchange glances for a moment longer, Mikey in particular giving his younger friend a more indecipherable look. "...Alright, fine." Milo relents. Though the other two don't seem keen on leaving Philip alone with their friend, they're at least willing to let them talk.

On the roof, Neko prowls around in search of something or anything useful. The rain would've wiped away most trace evidence such as boot prints, but perhaps there was something up there to be found. Yet all she could find with her cursory examination were a few twigs pressed against the edge by the water flow.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip calls up the picture once again, a visual reminder of what this is all about.

<You have seen her before?> It wasn't *really* a question. More of a confirmation.

<Please, explain.>
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

<I live here. She comes through the area a lot, with turtle-> He falters slightly, seemingly embarrassed at having to resort to a comparison rather then species. <She was here a few days before. Saw her through the window.> Mikey stands up from the steps, and points up to a fourth floor apartment window. <Looked upset.>
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The phrasing of Mikey's words made it unclear if *he* was in the 4th floor window, or the missing girl was.

<She lives.. ?> Phillip gestures to the same window.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

<No. I live here. Saw her from the window.> Mikey clarifies.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

<So, you were in the window. You saw her on the street. She looked troubled. Did you see where she walked or what she did?> Phillip asks.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

<Yes. She was moving in that direction.> Mikey answers after a moment of deliberation, pointing in a direction that eventually leads further out into the city outskirts. Philip can read some uncertainty in his emotional tone, as if he's unsure about something.
------------