[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 3

Felix's text response comes back quickly.

Sorry, designated driver. Need my blood to not drive like a drunk man.

Don't ask how I know.

We can swing by your place, won't be an issue.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The team took a moment or six to gather their bearings, eventually gathering up and loading up into their respective vehicles. Emergency services would be around too late, either to stop a fire or to stop them from leaving the scene. There was still a moment for priorities to shift, one thing taking precedence over the other. Philip would need access to his supplies if he wanted to feed 'safely', yet every moment spent not stopping the killer was one they hunted the missing girl.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

I can heal myself if I get blood. he types, but hesitates before pressing Send. Ultimately though, he felt it best to lay cards on the table. He sends it and waits for the acknowledging beep on the phones of anyone he's around with a trepidation he tries to hide from his face.
Chey shook her head ruefully she wasnt a fan of what she was about to do but it couldnt be helped and shed done it before for Phillip back when they first met some time ago.

She gave Phillip a look and raised her left arm. wrist out
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: fine | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Potence
Auspix Array: Super senses
Vampire Array: Vicissitude

Phillip looks in askance at the New Mythos guardian. After a second confirmation his look changed to a hesitant gratitude.

He takes her arm in a delicate hold and bends his head forward so his hair covers his eyes. Deciding that expediency would minimize the weirdness of it, his eye teeth extend at the same moment that he bites.... and... nothing happens as his teeth fail to penetrate her preternaturally tough skin. He flushes with embarrassment. "I'm sorry." he mumbles awkwardly. "This... rarely happens to me. But it's not you... you're totally bitab... I'll shut up now." It took will and realization to stop the dribble of words that spilled from his mouth like the overflow valve on the dam of a river of nervousness.
He drew in dark strength and empowered his muscles going in for a bite once again. He stopped just millimeters away from the skin on Cheyenne's wrist. "Um, could I ask you to not... uh... watch me? Just... just look at something else. This is.... embarrassing." he says sheepishly. "Sorry." Phillip is clearly not the scary nosferatu from the movies, nor is he the apex predator that his kind are supposed to be. Maybe that's why he focused on all the little 'tricks' his kind could have access to with training and dedication.
After a moment for a breath he doesn't need, he tries again. The bite is wonky and one of his teeth bends awkwardly at the root eliciting a wince of pain as he's sure the tooth chipped against her dense flesh. Within a moment though his other tooth breaks her flesh and he seals over the flowing wound, tilting his head at an odd angle to favor the one side, especially since he has to leave the fang in the wound lest it close up. It's like the straw in the copper-flavored Capri-Sun that is Cheyenne.
Cheyenne's heart is strong and very little suction is needed for Phillip's first mouthful. The Healing is nearly instantaneous, a testament to the strength of her blood. His eyes open in surprise at the potency of it and he nearly releases her (which would have been an even more awkward mess). He withdraws his fang and pinches the skin between his lips, using fleshcrafting to seal the wound immediately (though her own quick healing factor will prevent it from opening up again, unlike many other standard applications of that gift). Only a thin pink scar remains (next to the dimple of the failed side) though both those were already fading.
Healing: 1d20+10 26 that's... all 4 injuries in one go.
"I... uh... thanks." his says, not able to meet her, or anyone else's eyes in the vehicle for that matter.

Sometimes being a vampire sucked.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Being subjected to the surreal scene of watching a man feast upon the stoic bounty huntress is enough to make most people queasy. Whether it be from not watching, mental fortitude, or simply not being present while it happened, everyone is able to recover from the event on their own time. Cheyenne would of course feel the pain of having her skin torn through, it took real strength to get past her thickened skin. Though the wound was closed over, a mess was left behind she'd have to clean up on her own. A dull ache would ebb from the wound for minutes afterward, an unusual experience for the woman indeed.

Now that their most injured teammate was recovered, there was only one path forward for the group.

GM: Heh. Take an HP anyway for Philip working up the courage to do this, despite the humiliation.
I'll give everyone some time to react, advancing you guys forward after that.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira is glad she's in her own car when this is happening.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
Phillip looks in askance at the New Mythos guardian. After a second confirmation his look changed to a hesitant gratitude.

He takes her arm in a delicate hold and bends his head forward so his hair covers his eyes. Deciding that expediency would minimize the weirdness of it, his eye teeth extend at the same moment that he bites.... and... nothing happens as his teeth fail to penetrate her preternaturally tough skin. He flushes with embarrassment. "I'm sorry." he mumbles awkwardly. "This... rarely happens to me. But it's not you... you're totally bitab... I'll shut up now." It took will and realization to stop the dribble of words that spilled from his mouth like the overflow valve on the dam of a river of nervousness.
Chey merely chuckles after giving a sardonic eyebrow raise.
He drew in dark strength and empowered his muscles going in for a bite once again. He stopped just millimeters away from the skin on Cheyenne's wrist. "Um, could I ask you to not... uh... watch me? Just... just look at something else. This is.... embarrassing." he says sheepishly. "Sorry." Phillip is clearly not the scary nosferatu from the movies, nor is he the apex predator that his kind are supposed to be. Maybe that's why he focused on all the little 'tricks' his kind could have access to with training and dedication.
She shakes her head again with a bit of a grin before turning away and mouthing a wry "performance issues." to felix all in good humor as she does she flexes her hand a couple times as she was taught in the Forces in order to make the veins more prominent for ease of access.
After a moment for a breath he doesn't need, he tries again. The bite is wonky and one of his teeth bends awkwardly at the root eliciting a wince of pain as he's sure the tooth chipped against her dense flesh. Within a moment though his other tooth breaks her flesh and he seals over the flowing wound, tilting his head at an odd angle to favor the one side, especially since he has to leave the fang in the wound lest it close up. It's like the straw in the copper-flavored Capri-Sun that is Cheyenne.
Cheyenne's heart is strong and very little suction is needed for Phillip's first mouthful. The Healing is nearly instantaneous, a testament to the strength of her blood. His eyes open in surprise at the potency of it and he nearly releases her (which would have been an even more awkward mess). He withdraws his fang and pinches the skin between his lips, using fleshcrafting to seal the wound immediately (though her own quick healing factor will prevent it from opening up again, unlike many other standard applications of that gift). Only a thin pink scar remains (next to the dimple of the failed side) though both those were already fading.
theres a slight wince as the fang finally penetrates the skin but its quickly dismissed Pain was an old friend after all. the training, the missions deep into enemy territory, the year spent wasting away in agony in the hospital before the change. She didnt even flinch as he fed and when he was done she examined the wound -- which was allready fading as most minor injuries did on her -- with a somewhat curious eye stretching it experimentally

it was similar to what she remembered from the first time theyd done this same routine when Phillip had aided her on one of her earliest cases against a pack of red caps vicious little bastards who like using knives to painful effect. Phillip had needed a fast transfusion so shed offered herself

though admittedly she didnt remember him needing as much effort then to bite through. Maybe shed talk to Felix later see if her powers were evolving. Shed suspected they were as if they were adapting to the Hunts she did.
"I... uh... thanks." his says, not able to meet her, or anyone else's eyes in the vehicle for that matter.

Sometimes being a vampire sucked.
She was brought out of her thoughts when he spoke. She gave him a friendly smile and said simply "Dont mention it."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix looped around to the Herkimer Battle Jitney, and landed as the back hatch opened for him. He walked as confidently as he could to the front of the vehicle, locking his staff into place and sitting down at the driver's seat.

He'd seen the blood on Cheyenne's arm, and Phillip looked mortified. Vampires in fiction were generally monsters, or shiny angst ridden fodder for romance novels. What ever Phillip would become, the human he used to be shined through. A reminder that even though people had changed, they hadn't stopped being people.

He reached out and grabbed the steering wheel with shaking hands.

The adrenaline had run it's course through his body, and he was doing his best to hide the fact that he was shaking. He reached out with his mind to flick on something calming to listen to. He had snuck into the den of a serial killer, he had been caught in an IED, he'd nearly been killed in an explosion that had destroyed a building, and he'd had to wonder if one of his closest friends had died in that same explosion. Then he'd flown over the building putting a giant bullseye on himself to put out the fire.

He was a wreck. He just needed a few minutes to sit back. Some time to get his heart to slow down as it once again raced in his chest. Some time to remind himself that he was okay. That everybody was okay.

But as the first few slow notes played he stopped the song.

He was fine. Sure he felt terrible, but he was fine. He was safe. He wasn't hurt. He was in an armored personnel carrier, with an invulnerable powerhouse, a mystical ninja, and a mythical vampire in the back.

He wasn't a scared young woman lost in the dark woods in the rain with a deranged serial killer hunting them. But that very thing was happening right now. And if they didn't get there-

He shook his head.

He wasn't a scared little boy. He wasn't helpless. Not anymore. He was in control. He was a wizard. A wizard!
He could fall apart when he was done. Right now he needed to be somewhere and he couldn't afford to be late.

He lifted his head, and chose a new musical selection. An upbeat electronic/synthwave song blared through the speakers as he stomped on the accelerator. The Herkimer Battle Jitney shot forward with speed that belayed it's size and weight, weaving through the traffic like a graceful dancer instead of the lumbering tank it should have been.

"A wizard is never late," He whispered to himself, gripping the wheel as he raced through the driving rain, "Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Rain - SoaptheRaccoon

Flashes of red and blue fade into the background as the HBJ takes to the road, leaving a gossiping crowd of onlookers behind. For awhile most work done by the Mythos-Crew has been in the shadows, much like this mission overall. Tonight one of your members just took a step toward forward by putting out the fires. Some part of this might be lessened by the knowledge the fire only started by the actions of the two inside, but a sobering realization comes afterward. Would Detective Nolan have been savvy enough to notice those traps at all? If he was caught up in the flames, would he have made it through with nary a scratch?

While it was highly unconventional method, the traps were 'disarmed' in the end, and nobody was directly impacted by the blast. That alone could serve as a comfort.

Thoughts of the ruined structure were set aside the longer everyone drove, metallic plinking filling the void between the music. Little by little the city found itself surrendered to the surrounding town, before all there's a sudden and sharp cut-off from civilization and the nearby Fellwood National Park. The sight of so much nature within a stones throw of one of America's most populated cities has always been a little jarring to newcomers, but it's borders have been defined and enforced for nearly a century and a half now. Even then, it's not completed escaped the clutches of urbanization, the edges of it having been slowly shaved away as Mirum Urbem grew.

The section you find yourselves at sports a closed-off road that leads deeper into the forest with an outdoorsman's shop nested right up against the forest, lights off this late in the evening. According to the maps Felix has scrounged up the road leads up to a campground a couple miles down. Numerous deer trails seem to branch off from there, marking it as the best place to really start getting a good look of the area. When someone gets out to unhook the gate, they'll notice that the works already been done for them, the padlock having been left undone.

Kyra, sitting in her car as they do this, notes that this would be a good time to leave her car behind. Her vehicle wasn't really made for this sort've excursion, and the HBJ would certainly handle the journey better.

However the magician's assistant chooses to approach this junction, the team is soon contemplating how to best enter the gloom...

GM: Give you guys another moment to interact as I finish checking things on my end.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

She stepped out of the van ditching her Jacket as she did, it would mostly get in the way and shed need to move freely to catch this guy. she took a couple moments to stretch and one final deep breath to calm herself as well as get into the rhythm of the woods around her,

then she turned gave Felix a significant look filled with unsaid things before turning back to the woods cracking her knuckles and saying with a low growl "F**k Subtle."

then she began a slow deliberate move towards the woodlands using every possible bit of cover she could find to begin her hunt

Catsi stories
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kira parks her car near the shop and walks over to the van. "Maybe one vehicle made for the terrain would be a good idea."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: fine | HP:2
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Potence
Auspix Array: Super senses
Vampire Array: Detect rats

As Cheyenne starts bounding away Phillip's voice calls after. "Cheyenne, I think there's still, potentially, miles to go and the Jenny can traverse the roads for some time yet. You might want to stay with us." he suggests. "For strategizing purposes if nothing else."

"I'd also like to get into that shop. It might have a local map or give clue as to hidden cabins in the area."

"Kira, you've had the brown-covered Monster book for some time now. Have you gotten anywhere with it?" he asks. "We can delve into that pink diary too, now that we have a moment. I suspect it's the granddaughter's and I suspect it will give a tragic tale but there may be insights in it." Phillip recalls the picture of the older man and the young girl he'd plucked from social media and saved to his phone. It might come in handy.

If no one else will/has, he'll start perusing the pink book. He'll flip through, looking for pictures first or anything like and address [unlikely], before starting reading from the end and working backwards, his sharp mind working quickly to review the pages.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Investigation or insight check, please.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

inves: 1d20+10 22
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix was happy he was wearing mirror shades. They helped hide him rolling his eyes at Cheyenne saying "fuck subtle".

As if blowing up a building hadn't said that in spades. And kind of ruined any plan that didn't involve rushing as fast as possible.

"Yeah, subtle has kind of left the building. In a crater. But Phillip has a point, unless you can pick up his scent we're going to need some kind of a starting point. It's a big forest," Felix points out, "Hopefully the journal has a preferred hunting area listed."