Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Predator and Prey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
CND: | HP:1
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Presence
Auspix Array: Enhanced senses
Vampire Array: Animalism

"Okay, then," Phllip says, addressing the vampire, "hey buddy, what's your name? Let's see if we can make sense of all this. The night our sword-wielding friend is talking about, just tell us what you remember of that evening, what you might've seen, heard, anything like that."

He inhales with a determination to catch the truth of the vampire's words.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villiany

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM:Roll an insight as you do that, then.

"You- are you serious?" He questions, Philip picking up the bitter scent of exasperation mixing with his overall level of fear. As silent stores meet him, resignation sets in. "You're all serious. Christ."

Brown eyes flick up towards the unwavering threat above him. Now that he's looking for it, Philip noted the same red tint to the man's pupils he himself possessed. He takes a steady gulp, confidence threading in to his emotional palate. "Four nights back. Right. I was just- hanging out with my friends, alright? Do it all the time! Nothing wrong with that is there?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"And it's suspicious, all the time, but please, go on." Phillip prompts.
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

Felix frowns, turning his attention back to his equipment. He'd built it himself, and overheating wasn't something it did. After the incident.

After that he'd built in safeguards. Because he liked his face not melting.

OOC: Technology Check: 1d20+10 23
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dice
Technology: 27
Felix makes an effort to command his magic into getting things back under control, and it's difficult. Very difficult. Try as he might, something about what's happening to his equipment just isn't operating as it should. He can't even find the exact reason as to why either, not before the heat dies down and his headset seemingly goes back to normal functions. At a glance, nothing seems out of place even though something definitely happened he couldn't control.

Unaware of the mage's difficulties, the ousted vampire swallows thickly as it becomes obvious that wasn't enough to dissuade the group. Fear overtakes confidence as his eyes find the steadied blade again. "L-look, I don't know who you're even talking about. I talked up some bitches, I admit that but like- that's it, I swear! I'm- I'm a rat-feeder, alright? I can't afford any of that... High-end, stuff..."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip rubs at his temples. He always hated being reminded that the vampiric condition didn't render a person immune to headaches.

"Oh Armored One, please describe this 'learned one' female whom you are looking for so that this witness can recall specifics."
Oh, and insight on the vamps responses.
Insight: 1d20+9 22
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Hair of golden wheat, skyn liketh that of porcelayn, with eyes reflective of the water moost pure. Of sturdier stock, the woman wolde nary evene come up to my waist. Of poor vision, she bar square lenses." The figure pushed their sword just a hair's breadth further. "Familiar, knave?"

It's movement did not go unnoticed causing the man to swallow thickly. "N-nope, can't say it does. I don't really go for dwarves."
Philip
While the vampire seems to be honest in his wording of preferences, something about the way his voice wavers points out he had something to hide. A certain amount of nervousness that he could now recognize in his emotional palate, he's on edge about something more than just a sword pointed down at his throat.
------------
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Vigilance and Villainy

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

Felix remained still for a moment. He took a quick look at what applications and files he'd just used, then powered down his shades.

It was probably nothing. Except it had never done that before. Also: face melting.

The situation down below was very tense. That being said there was nothing he could accomplish from his position that the others couldn't do better. By leaps and bounds. Kira could probably teleport somebody out, Cheyenne would probably launch herself in the way of the sword and Phillip... well, he'd do something vampiry that would make shooting magic at the armored man look unimpressive.

Or at least that's what he told himself as he landed on top of the Herkimer Battle Jitney, took off his mirror shades and and started disassembling them so he could examine it. Something very weird was going on.

"So the lady went missing, and the guy was in the area, that's the basics so far?" Felix asks, a little distracted. "Did she have a phone number, maybe we can track where it went."

"I mean, these days they track everything, if this guy was with the woman it should be pretty easy to bring up their GPS history. If they both spend a lot of time in close contact somebody is full of crap."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Felix determines, after extensive testing, that something seems to have happened to his camera functions. He can't quite figure out what it is, but the results of it seem to imply some memetic editing software. Anything that tries to take a permanent image of the armored figure finds itself edited to ignore it completely. For that matter, the image he just took seems to show the curious image of a man cowering on the floor before absolutely nothing.

"Allas, my friend's phone was left byhynd yn the alley I suspect hire to have byen taken from. I was able to locate on my own wel enough." The figure informs.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Presence
Vampire Array: Animalism

Phillip pulls air through his nose and narrows suspicious eyes at the vampire. "Buddy, we can't help you if you're not honest with us. We didn't ask if you fancied her, we asked if you saw anything suspicious even potentially tangentially related."

"I can hook you up with cheap blood suppliers, I've done it for other vampire clients; or if you want to stick with rats I can get you a buffet." At his mental command almost every shadow emanates the shrill squeaking of rats.

"Either you spill it or I'm afraid *he* will." Phillip jerks his head at the sword.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Though Philip is unfooled, it seems the aggressive figure isn't nearly as infallible. Their sword dips lower, agitation and resignation starting to wrap around their frame like a well-worn blanket. That is until Philip's words wherein the other man's face twists like he just bit into a lemon, loudly sucking on his teeth as he considers his options. "Right. Right. Well... You see, the thing is..."

Helm tilting towards the paramedic as if to gauge him for his own trustworthiness, this unfortunate moment of weakness seems to be exactly what the pinned man was waiting for. With the preternatural speed that only a vampire could naturally manage they jerk themselves hard to the right, the sword thrusting only to find itself lodged within the brickwork. Which apparently does little to barely impede the sword's movements as it begins to carve a gash through the building itself in an effort to maim or behead. Quick movement allows the guilty party to thrust themselves to the ground away from the blade, rolling underneath a dumpster which they proceed to lift on their back like some oversized turtle while rapidly moving down the alleyway.

The sword wielder shouts as they whip themselves around, "Damnit! To thynk I'd fall for such petty tricks!"

GM: While nobody is truly caught 'off-guard', being as primed as they were for a confrontation, only Philip has any sort of preamble or warning to act imminently before we enter a chase sequence proper. You have a single action!
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Phillip Dremmin
Array Settings wrote: Blood-Drinker Array: Applied Potence(Wall Crawling 2, Leaping 2, Speed 4)
Vampire Array: Dominate

If not for the immediate danger of the sword Phillip could try to overawe the Vampire with his Presence but as it was, the paramedic knew he'd never had the martial training to try to grab and hold the other vampire. He instead drew upon his own Dark Speed and got to where he could make eye contact as the vampire stood up from his roll.
"STOP!" he says, imbuing the word with his Will.

"Seriously, Stop!"
[Dominate(Affliction (Entranced, Compelled, Controlled), Area-Perception(Sight), Limited (One Target), Cumulative, Insidious pr 9)
He gets a DC19 dodge save, if he makes it nothing happens, if he fails, DC19 Will.
then Phillip Surges to do it again.
Same DC19 Dodge then will. The results are cumulative. He might make one but fail the other, or there might be greater depth of control if he fails both.
If the vamp is a minion though doesn't matter]
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dice
Dodge: 15
Will: 20
Gleaming red eyes meet Philip from under metal bin, failing to tear themselves away from before hypnotism can prompt. Instead of responding to the command however, he instead snarls in distress and anger. With a mighty heave they unload the dumpster from the back, throwing it down the narrow alleyway to clip Philip's shoulder. Trashbags and loose garbage spill outward creating a rudimentary obstacle before he begins moving with speed matched on foot only by his fellow vampire.

Yet the back alleys and roads of this part of the city are cramped, narrow, and hard to escape with pure speed alone, offering the group another chance to catch the wayward vampire before he truly escaped.

"We must make haste!" Speaks the armored figure as they swing their zweilander over their shoulder, where a sharp ting of metal on metal sounds out. When their hand comes free, the sword remains firmly in place underneath their cloak. They make movement to brace themselves, planting their feet firmly on the ground as their grieves seem to shift. A sharp hiss of air accompanied by cracking concrete sees the leaping high into the air, landing scant feet away from where Foxy perched. "Pardon my yntrusion, woodland witch. They acknowledge her, before rushing onward.

GM: A brilliant attempt from Philip, nearly hindering the vampire right out of the gate. The vampire seems to be just as fast as Philip is, and has currently broken line of sight of the group overall. Treating this effectively as Combat, we'll go down an arbitrary order of imitative. Describe as we go along how you want to deal with the obstacles/gain ground on this fleetfooted foe.

Vampire:
Players: (Cheyenne, Felix, Foxy, Philip)
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[I only see one set of die rolls, did he roll against phillip's second command attempt?]
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: I genuinely didn't notice it, take an HP and presume he succeeded.
------------