Adventures Assemble S3E3: The Great Brain Robbery!

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
stavaros_the_arcane

Re: Adventures Assemble S3E2: Family Matters

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

kenseido wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:00 am All

"I will be just fine," Count Khabal says with a smirk.

""And don't you worry, Maxwell. Round 2 will be completely different." Then something behind his back glows and he vanishes.

Jason growls a bit.
Gelert plops down the distance to the ground as the human he was standing on suddenly vanished.

"OOF... So is that guy really a Count, or does he just call himself that to fan his ego?"
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird
HP: 2 LP: 1
Condition: Bruise x 1

stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 12:28 pm
kenseido wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:00 am All

"I will be just fine," Count Khabal says with a smirk.

""And don't you worry, Maxwell. Round 2 will be completely different." Then something behind his back glows and he vanishes.

Jason growls a bit.
Gelert plops down the distance to the ground as the human he was standing on suddenly vanished.

"OOF... So is that guy really a Count, or does he just call himself that to fan his ego?"
"Really don't know but he has the arrogance of one." Imogen replied then asked Jason "Jas, do you think that guy is any threat?"

"And Michelle is right we need to check things out here and get moving."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Jason shrugs. "Maybe. I mean he's going to try again to beat me, but he can't cheat too much or he won't get credit for a win. It's an image thing."

The team heads into the Freedom League HQ using the code Director Barret provided.

Inside, the place is empty. The lights are out everywhere. You find the main meeting hall, where the League holds their press conferences.

On the table is several items: an arrow, a scrap of silver material, a small bit of concrete, a pair of visors, a torn piece of blue cloth with a white star, a ripped scrap of netting, a small piece of golden metal, and a helmet.

Michelle immediately recognizes the helmet belongs to Daedalus.

Jason sighs. "Damn. I told them not to do that."

He looks at everyone staring at him. "Short version or long version?"
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Amethyst
Condition: Fatigued / HP: 2

"Well, that's disturbing," Amethyst murmurs. "They look like war trophies or something. And unless I'm wrong, that's Daedalus's helmet."
kenseido wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:34 pm He looks at everyone staring at him. "Short version or long version?"
"Long." "Short!"

Amethyst exchanges looks with the drone floating next to her.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"Short. Okay." He pushes back the hood of his cloak and strokes his chin a bit.

"Seven, Eldrich's student, was forced to become the Master Mage of another dimension, and now she is trying to undo the corruption before it undoes her. I came to the Freedom League because they are her friends and could provide the emotional support that she needs. When they were talking about giving her an ultimatum which is like the exact opposite of what she needs, I tried to talk them out of it but was dismissed."

"Obviously, their plan went well."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

"Just to be clear Jas, are you saying that Seven has destroyed and killed the Freedom League?" Imogen asked looking at what possibly could be all that was left of some of the finest heroes known.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Jason grimaces a bit.

"Well I wasn't there, but..." Jason walks over and picks up the visor.

He closes his eyes and his face looks pained. Then he jumps a bit and drops the visor back on the table.

"... looks like."

Michelle looks over the stuff on the table and realizes that there is an item missing. There is one less item than number of members of the Freedom League.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Amethyst

"So the Freedom League is destroyed, and Seven very likely corrupted." Amy says, in amazingly matter-of-fact tone of voice for announcing that a premier super team has been wiped out, just like that.

"I don't know the Freedom League personally, but doesn't that sound really out of character for heroes?" Amethyst says. "Hang on. There are 9 members of the League, but only 8 items. There's Daedalus's helmet, so assuming that's Bowman's arrow, Siren's magic net, Johnny Rocket's visors, Lady Liberty's cape, a piece of Doc Metropolis, and bits of armor from Star Knight and Thunderbolt, Centuria's missing. There's a chance she may still be alive!"

"If she's alive, there may be some way of contacting her left behind in their HQ. We should look for some."

Amethyst walks deeper into Freedom Hall, looking for anything that might seem like a communications device, while more drones warp in and fan out to help in the search.

OOC
AA Amethyst Investigation (Search): 1D20+10 = [18]+10 = 28

I love rolling huge modifiers.

Edit: I forgot, her int modifier is now 12, so that result is actually a 30.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

Still feeling a bit off from the earlier battle, Imogen nods in agreement when Michelle points out the missing leaguer.

"You're right she is missing, so did she escape, badly injured or something else. There might be some other clues."

Imogen joins Michelle is looking for anything else that could explain what happen further video footage or other pieces of the Freedom League.

OOC wrote:
Nightbird Investigation: 1d20+14 15

Not the greatest roll but could be useful as an Aid.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"Not wanting to detract from the severity of this, Seven isn't our problem right now. We should get Celeste to the Saito's," Jason says.

Jason further explains. "Little over 20 years ago, the former Master Mage of that dimension came to Master Eldrich in need of help. In return for his help, she made a deal that would prevent any Master Mage of that realm from entering our dimension, or taking any action - direct or indirect - against anyone in our dimension. She wrote it into the very fabric of the dimension and can't be removed."

"It's like one-way encryption."
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Moonlight
HP: 2 LP: 0
Condition: Fine

"Okay, good. So we have time to plan what to do about the Seven situation. But are we sure she killed the members of the Freedom League just because there are pieces of their costumes or of them here? Couldn't she be keeping them alive as hostages in this other dimension? Just a thought. For now, let's get Celeste to the Saito's already, this has been a long day."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

Imogen almost looks sidewards at Jason "Wait a minute are you saying that Seven can't come here yet this happen to the Freedom League?" Imogen indicated the remains of the costumes "But Moonlight is right, Celeste is the priority and we need to get her to the Saitos."
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Amethyst

Amethyst nods. "At least Seven can't do anything to our dimension, if she's truly been corrupted. IF."

The drones float back and gather around her. "I don't think Kisai ever talked to us a lot about his family. I may be overthinking this, but I have a feeling contacting a major wizarding family isn't going to be as straightforward as looking up their number in the phone directory." She thinks a bit. "Jason, do you know how to get in touch with them?"
Last edited by Ysariel on Thu May 25, 2023 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"I don't have any contact details, but I do know where they live," Jason replies.

"Reizo is extremely traditional and proud. Without the dragon, he has only a small amount of magical ability, though he has a lot of knowledge and experience. His daughters have had little to no magical training."
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Gelert

"One problem at a time."
kenseido wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:16 pm All

"I don't have any contact details, but I do know where they live," Jason replies.

"Reizo is extremely traditional and proud. Without the dragon, he has only a small amount of magical ability, though he has a lot of knowledge and experience. His daughters have had little to no magical training."
"Well that seems like a doing a bad job of ensuring family knowledge is passed on to future generations." there's a brief pauses as certain word association catches up to Gelert "Wait, traditional and proud... didn't give his daughters magical training....He's sexist? *sighs* That is disappointing. Wait a second...if he's not going to listen to people based on their gender presentation...does that mean I'm the only one he'll listen to? I mean I know I'm very persuasive but still that's kind of ridiculous. Because I am a dog."