Adventures Assemble S3E3: The Great Brain Robbery!

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ysariel

Re: Adventures Assemble S3E1: Enemies of the State!

Post by Ysariel »

Gelert
General Arms Systems -- Underground STARS assembly plant
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:34 pm"And just where do you think you're going?" Gelert sights a beam at the saboteur.
Black Hat has had some phenomenal good fortune considering how well he has held up under being blasted, but his luck finally runs out and your beam of blue light blasts him right in the face.

"T-the revolution," he croaks. "G-general Havoc... I-I've f-failed--"

He topples over and faceplants in a cloud of burnt office paper and electronic debris. A moment later, the remaining STARS drone under his control freezes and stops moving, like a toy with its batteries out.
OOC

AA Black Hat Toughness DC 28: 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12

Failed by 4 degrees, incapacitated. Combat is over.

For preventing the Anarchy Command theft of the STARS system and avoiding civilian casualties, you gain 2 HP.
Black Hat hasn't been out for a minute when rapid footsteps approach from behind you. Even before they come into view, you can smell Rex Richards, his CTO Regina Grace, and G.A.S. security personnel, wearing body armor and carrying high-tech assault rifles. You can also hear the sound of applause, because Richards is clapping.

"Bravo! Bravo. Well done, Mr. Gelert. It seems I may have misjudged you after all. That was a sterling performance, if I might say so." He flashes you the biggest, brightest and most insincere smile.

The security personnel rush past you and seize Black Hat, securing him with both conventional restraints and what you recognize as power-nullifying cuffs similar to the ones used by AEGIS agents.

"Mr. Gelert," Rex says. He indicates the Ring of Hope on your tail. "I have a little proposition to make. I couldn't help observe that the terrorist attempted and failed to take control of your ring. Surely you can see how your ring's technology would be highly beneficial if integrated into a system designed to fight superhuman terrorists and lawbreakers. If you'd be willing to share some of your technological resources... perhaps get your friend here to divulge what she's learned of its operations..."

"Forget it," Amethyst says. The STARS unit she's in opens up, its torso and limbs parting like the petals of a mechanical flower. She turns around and taps a control; the STARS drone closes back up and walks back to its maintenance harness on its own. "I've never taken Gelert's ring apart before to learn how it works. Never even thought of asking."

"Really?" Regina Grace speaks up. "I'm disappointed, Michelle. I assumed you'd be the first one to do so."

"Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty curious to know it works," Amethyst folds her hands behind her head. "But humans have been pretty irresponsible with the technology they've already got. Adding a cosmic device to that?" she shakes her head.

"Maybe," Ms. Grace says, in the sweetest voice, "discerning its secrets is beyond your vaunted abilities."

"Maybe," Amethyst says, with the brightest smile, "resisting a little temptation is beyond yours."

Rex Richards clears his throat and tries to lead you away from the two squabbling women. "Ignore my CTO," he says in a low, conspirational voice. "She means well, but she has her... biases. Now, I know most heroes would consider monetary compensation crass, but G.A.S. is prepared to offer any and all cooperation we can in exchange for your technology. We can offer funding, technological resources, armed support, training, even your own detachments of STARS units... I'm sure you can see how this could be a mutually beneficial arrangement, given our coinciding goal of protecting American lives."

"There could be more of those Anarchy Command technopaths out there. A STARS system immune to technopathic attack would be a considerable national security deterrent."

OOC

You are, of course, completely free to reject or accept Rex Richard's offer. If for whatever reason you chose to accept, you will begin the next scene without your Ring of Hope.

You can interrogate Black Hat, if you wish, or can also ask to be shown the fabricator unit, as Ms. Grace offered before the combat. You can also interact with Richards, Ms. Grace, or any of the other characters.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Spellbinder
Section 3 -- Submersible Docking Bay
kenseido wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:24 am "I guess that leaves you for my dance card. While I have only just introduced myself, I do know a bit about you. You're the guy who launched a bunch of cheap junk to attack the city. If that is a sign of your tech skills, you should give up now."
"JUNK?!" Professor Pandemonium thunders. In fact, he is so offended, that he recoils in horror and dodges your attack.

"That is not junk, herr zauberer," he says, waving an armored finger the girth of a cucumber at you. "It is my ingenious system for massacring up-and-coming busybody heroes such as you. Before long, a rain of such machines shall lay waste to your city and all who stand against us. Bwahahahahaha!"

OOC

Indeed, a natural 1 is a miss.

Round 2
25 Moonlight *
22 GENERAL HAVOC (with power of Daka) (-1)
20 Nightbird (higher initiative)
20 Spellbinder
01 Professor Pandemonium

Moonlight is up!
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Moonlight
HP: 3 LP: 0
Condition: -1 Toughness [heals in 4 rounds], Dazed

Moonlight focuses on the element that is around her, drawing on it for strength as water forms around her, and surges forward towards Professor Pandemonium, the raw fury of nature tapped into and unleashed for all to see as a massive wave barrels towards the mad scientist.

OOC: Attack check for Nature Strikes [water descriptor]: Attack roll: 1d20+12 30 DC 27 if that hits.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Moonlight
Psistrike wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:33 am Moonlight focuses on the element that is around her, drawing on it for strength as water forms around her, and surges forward towards Professor Pandemonium, the raw fury of nature tapped into and unleashed for all to see as a massive wave barrels towards the mad scientist.
Your blast of water knocks Professor Pandemonium flat on his butt and his bulky suit goes sliding along the floor until he hits your rock wall behind him with a resounding THOOM.

"I-Impossible!" he gasps as the sound of roaring water dies down. "Have the heroes, too, discovered the secrets of Daka?!"
AA Prof Pandemonium Toughness DC 27: 1D20+14 = [2]+14 = 16
Failed by 11, or 3 degrees; -1 and Staggered
"Silence, fool!" General Havoc snaps at her underling, before turning back to face Nightbird.

"I shall have to take your measure before destroying you. Has the standard of heroes decayed since the days of Chaos Commander, I wonder?"

She watches you carefully for a moment in such a way that sends chills up your spine. You are reminded of a predator observing its prey, deducing the right moment to strike. Kilpatrick used to observe your training this way, when he was trying to pinpoint flaws in your technique; but he didn't have that sinister gleam in General Havoc's eyes.

And then she blurs into action, striking at you with fists and kicks, moving supreme speed and power in an all-out attack!

OOC

General Havoc uses Grand Strategy on Nightbird. Make a DC 25 Int or Fighting check, whichever is higher. For each combat advantage (as defined in the HH) you have that is not a maneuver, close attack, ranged attack, defensive roll, improved critical, or favored environment, you gain a +1 bonus on this check. Looking at Nightbird's character sheet, you get a +10 bonus to your check.

For every point you fail the check by, you lose 1 from both attack and defense until the start of General Havoc's next turn. If you pass the check, she instead suffers the effects as you anticipate her strategems and move to counter them, and she loses 1 attack and defense for each point you exceed the DC.

General Havoc then surges and will be fatigued on her next turn. She uses her unarmed attack on you.
AA General Havoc attack vs Nightbird: 1D20+10 = [4]+10 = 14

This is a miss unless you fail your check against Grand Strategy by 10 or more, in which case make a DC 35 Toughness check vs damage.

Round 2
25 Moonlight
22 GENERAL HAVOC (with power of Daka) (-1, fatigued on turn)
20 Nightbird (higher initiative) *
20 Spellbinder

01 Professor Pandemonium (-1, Staggered)

Nightbird is up!
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird
HP: 4 > 3 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Ysariel wrote:
"Silence, fool!" General Havoc snaps at her underling, before turning back to face Nightbird.

"I shall have to take your measure before destroying you. Has the standard of heroes decayed since the days of Chaos Commander, I wonder?"

She watches you carefully for a moment in such a way that sends chills up your spine. You are reminded of a predator observing its prey, deducing the right moment to strike. Kilpatrick used to observe your training this way, when he was trying to pinpoint flaws in your technique; but he didn't have that sinister gleam in General Havoc's eyes.
For a moment Imogen felt a chill run down her spine at the look in the General's eye, it was similar to the feeling she had when Killpatrick first started training and critiquing her form before she realised he was not going to bite her head off and after all these years was she going to let an overpowered superhuman intimidate her.

Meeting the General's eyes Imogen took the opportunity to size up her opponent, Havoc's speed was unbelievable but there was always a tell that could give her half a chance and there it was ..
Ysariel wrote: And then she blurs into action, striking at you with fists and kicks, moving supreme speed and power in an all-out attack!
While General Havocs speed and strength were incredible the forms she was using was still recognisable to Imogen and a sway of the torso there, just avoided a punch that would shatter a tank, moving her arm there to deflect another blow, definitely not blocking the punch direct, then counter followed counter spinning the General round as though they both in a synchronised dance or routine.

A brief opening was all Imogen needed to slam her fists into General Havoc's stomach before spinning to the side to once again attack the General's knee although this time it felt like she was trying to kick a very thick steel post.

Like before Imogen disengaged from their dance to retreat back to the other side of the docking bay.

OOC wrote: Nightbird DC25 Fighting Check: 1d20+10+10 31
Should be a pass with a –6 penalty for Commander Havoc

Use Move by Attack and PA +/- 5 combo again.

Nightbird PA +/- 5
Nightbird PA +5: 1d20+15-5 17
If a hit then DC29 Toughness Save

Use a HP to repeat the attack
Nightbird PA +5: 1d20+15-5 12
And a miss.

Imogen will use her full movement to get as far away from the General as possible.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Ysariel wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:02 am Gelert
General Arms Systems -- Underground STARS assembly plant

Black Hat hasn't been out for a minute when rapid footsteps approach from behind you. Even before they come into view, you can smell Rex Richards, his CTO Regina Grace, and G.A.S. security personnel, wearing body armor and carrying high-tech assault rifles. You can also hear the sound of applause, because Richards is clapping.

"Bravo! Bravo. Well done, Mr. Gelert. It seems I may have misjudged you after all. That was a sterling performance, if I might say so." He flashes you the biggest, brightest and most insincere smile.

The security personnel rush past you and seize Black Hat, securing him with both conventional restraints and what you recognize as power-nullifying cuffs similar to the ones used by AEGIS agents.
"Really sorry about the mess." Gelert replies. "But thankfully none of your staff were hurt and we caught this infiltrator before they could cause too much trouble."
Ysariel wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:02 am "Mr. Gelert," Rex says. He indicates the Ring of Hope on your tail. "I have a little proposition to make. I couldn't help observe that the terrorist attempted and failed to take control of your ring. Surely you can see how your ring's technology would be highly beneficial if integrated into a system designed to fight superhuman terrorists and lawbreakers. If you'd be willing to share some of your technological resources... perhaps get your friend here to divulge what she's learned of its operations..."

"Forget it," Amethyst says. The STARS unit she's in opens up, its torso and limbs parting like the petals of a mechanical flower. She turns around and taps a control; the STARS drone closes back up and walks back to its maintenance harness on its own. "I've never taken Gelert's ring apart before to learn how it works. Never even thought of asking."

"Really?" Regina Grace speaks up. "I'm disappointed, Michelle. I assumed you'd be the first one to do so."

"Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty curious to know it works," Amethyst folds her hands behind her head. "But humans have been pretty irresponsible with the technology they've already got. Adding a cosmic device to that?" she shakes her head.

"Maybe," Ms. Grace says, in the sweetest voice, "discerning its secrets is beyond your vaunted abilities."

"Maybe," Amethyst says, with the brightest smile, "resisting a little temptation is beyond yours."
Gelert shivers. "Nope, staying away from the passive aggressive combat."
Ysariel wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:02 am Rex Richards clears his throat and tries to lead you away from the two squabbling women. "Ignore my CTO," he says in a low, conspirational voice. "She means well, but she has her... biases. Now, I know most heroes would consider monetary compensation crass, but G.A.S. is prepared to offer any and all cooperation we can in exchange for your technology. We can offer funding, technological resources, armed support, training, even your own detachments of STARS units... I'm sure you can see how this could be a mutually beneficial arrangement, given our coinciding goal of protecting American lives."

"There could be more of those Anarchy Command technopaths out there. A STARS system immune to technopathic attack would be a considerable national security deterrent."
Gelert listens very carefully to the offer Richards is putting before him, giving it due consideration although in his heart he already knows the answer. "I can see where you're coming from, and your offer is very generous, but I must politely decline. You see in the first place the technology isn't really mine to give. The ring selected me, and I took up the responsibilities and duties that came with the benefits. Some time in the future it will move on and choose another bearer. Secondly, this ring is one of few survivors of a galaxy wide purge. The risk of it being damaged or destroyed over the course of understanding what makes it tick, and it being impossible to replace, is at the moment far too high."

Gelert pauses before adding one more reason; "I also don't think that the ring's technology is best suited for your needs in this case, even if you could successfully study and imitate it. My ring and its powers are deeply tied to emotion, to hope specifically. I don't expect it would be terribly compatible for a weapon system meant to be both an emotionless automaton and designed for warfare. And if you tried to use a different emotion..." Gelert remembers Alpha and the Red Ring "well I've seen something like that once before. It was a potential disaster thankfully averted."

Gelert leaves out the many other reasons he's hesitant to trust Rex Richards or his backers with the possibility of reproducing his ring's technology. No need to be rude about it.

"I hope you can understand my reasoning Rex, and aren't too disappointed. I'm sure now that you know the S.T.A.R.S are vulnerable to this kind of attack you and your team will come up with a countermeasure of your own in short order. Now as much as I'd love to continue the tour, I think I need to ask our intruder a few pointed questions about what he and his colleges are up to first."
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Nightbird
Gilliam wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:22 am While General Havocs speed and strength were incredible the forms she was using was still recognisable to Imogen and a sway of the torso there, just avoided a punch that would shatter a tank, moving her arm there to deflect another blow, definitely not blocking the punch direct, then counter followed counter spinning the General round as though they both in a synchronised dance or routine.
For one shining moment you see through General Havoc's movements and read her like a book, predicting exactly where and how she will strike. You penetrate her defenses and sink both your fists squarely into her stomach in a textbook direct hit. You even manage to make her lip curl in displeasure; that is going to leave a mark under her stylish latex catsuit.

But the General's powers are simply too overwhelming and punching her is like trying to punch solid concrete. She shrugs off the blow that would've knocked a lesser super out cold, and your follow-up kick deflects off her knee with equally little effect. "A pity, little bird!" she crows. "The heroes of today may still have some fire in their bellies, but you are hopelessly outmatched."

You realize that a superhuman of this power is not normal. Only Lord Steel during his attempt to steal the powers of the world's heroes, and perhaps Lucienne in her attempt at ascension, compare. If the Anarchy Command has a heavy hitter of this caliber on their side, they don't need an army of criminals to invade the United States; they could start this instant.

OOC

AA General Havoc Toughness DC 29: 1D20+20-1 = [9]+20-1 = 28
The roll shows 29, but there should be a bruise from the previous round, making the actual result 28 instead.

Round 2
25 Moonlight
22 GENERAL HAVOC (with power of Daka) (-2, fatigued on turn)
20 Spellbinder *

01 Professor Pandemonium (-1, Staggered)

Spellbinder is up!
Last edited by Ysariel on Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird
HP: 3 LP: 1

Ysariel wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:17 pm But the General's powers are simply too overwhelming and punching her is like trying to punch solid concrete. She smiles, completely unscathed; your follow-up kick deflects off her knee with equally little effect. "A pity, little bird!" she crows. "The heroes of today may still have some fire in their bellies, but you are hopelessly outmatched."

You realize that a superhuman of this power is not normal. Only Lord Steel during his attempt to steal the powers of the world's heroes, and perhaps Lucienne in her attempt at ascension, compare. If the Anarchy Command has a heavy hitter of this caliber on their side, they don't need an army of criminals to invade the United States; they could start this instant.
"Moonlight is right Havoc is inhumanly strong, far too strong to be even possible. She doesn't even need these goons so why? Tinhead mention the power of Daka, could those crystals be involved somehow?"

Imogen felt a sense of calm in herself, yes she was overpowered and all Havoc needed was to land just one blow but as the calm was replaced by exhilaration she was always taught to test herself against the best and at this point in time Havoc was the best albeit perhaps Killpatrick wasn't talking about literal Goddesses when he told her that all those years ago.

OOC wrote: To be honest I cannot remember if Moonlight was on the adventure with the Daka crystals and Spellbinder wasn't but either one could have some mystic knowledge of them?

Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Gelert
General Arms Systems -- Underground STARS Assembly Plant
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:20 pm "I hope you can understand my reasoning Rex, and aren't too disappointed. I'm sure now that you know the S.T.A.R.S are vulnerable to this kind of attack you and your team will come up with a countermeasure of your own in short order. Now as much as I'd love to continue the tour, I think I need to ask our intruder a few pointed questions about what he and his colleges are up to first."
Rex doesn't merely look disappointed as you wipe the fake smile right off his lips. His jaw just outright drops. It's clear that whatever he had been expecting as a response, it was not a very rational and carefully considered opinion on why the ring should not be taken apart and studied and why doing so might not even achieve the intended purpose. If indeed Richards' opinion of you was "just a talking dog", this has almost certainly put some nails in the coffin of that point of view.

It takes a few long moments for Richards to get his wits back. "Understandable," he clears his throat loudly and says, adjusting his tie. "And... not entirely unexpected. Especially given G.A.S.'s... fraught relationship with heroes in the past. Yes. I know you said nothing about it, but I am sure it is a factor. You also make... some convincing points. I cannot deny I am disappointed, but I see your mind is made up. I have no intention to try and coerce you into providing cooperation, though I do hope that you will reconsider in the future."

Richards straightens the laps of his suit jacket. "You want to question the terrorist? Well then, he's all yours." He gestures with one hand and G.A.S. security, armed with their high-tech shotguns and modern body armor, haul Black Hat before you. Now that you have a chance to get a better look at him, he seems to be a Chinese man in his early or mid-twenties, with his hair cut short in a severe, military crew cut. The skintight bodysuit exposes his lean and wiry build, closer to that of a circus acrobat than an armed terrorist. He stares at you with sullen, disdainful eyes, and says nothing.

You notice that Rex stands within earshot and does not leave. Presumably he, too, is very interested in what the Anarchy Command terrorist has to say.

OOC

Black Hat is Hostile to superheroes, as a member of the Anarchy Command. Per the HH, you can make a DC 15 Persuasion check to improve his attitude, though his attitude cannot go better than Indifferent. The better his attitude, the more information he will volunteer.

You can also use Intimidation, if for whatever reason you want to, though your Intimidation score is lower and that doesn't really seem like Gelert's style. Whichever approach you take, you make only one check for this scene regardless of how many questions you ask and your result will determine the quality of all the answers you get.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Spellbinder
HP: 5, Condition: Fatigued

Jason grimaces as Moonlight moves to attack PP. He isn't really sure how this group operates, but it seemed reasonable for her and Moonlight to take on Havok while he kept PP distracted. Still, the elf did deliver a serious blow, so it might be a good chance to take him out and they can all take on the General.

He wasn't sure about these "daka crystals" or what they meant. It's not something the Order mentioned.

He focuses on the foolish PP. Originally, he intended to taunt the villain and keep him preoccupied. Now the goal was to take him down hard and fast, and his demeanor switched in an instant.

"Afflicto!"
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Spellbinder
kenseido wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:00 am"Afflicto!"
Your magic bolt sizzles through the air in a blue-white flash at Professor Pandemonium, who is in the middle of getting up when the blast hits the glacis of his chestplate and smacks him back down onto the floor. Unfortunately, the low angle also causes the bolt to deflect off his armor and into the ceiling where it explodes, raining down a fine shower of concrete, leaving the Professor with only superficial damage to his armor.
"General!" Professor Pandemonium exclaims, firing his suit's flight thrusters and lifting himself off the ground, hovering back through the crater in the stone wall that General Havoc punched through. "Ze tactical situation is disadvantageous. Allow me to retreat to deal with the U.S. Navy while you eliminate these imperialist dogs!"

General Havoc doesn't turn her head, but she suddenly gets a very dangerous look in her eyes. You are reminded that the members of the Anarchy Command, as Nightbird learned, are fractious and disunited, only barely held together by brute force and their one shared goal of destroying the modern nation-state as an institution. "Professor, I remind you that cowardice," she says coldly, "is desertion."

OOC

Professor Pandemonium is staggered and being attacked by 2 heroes. He decides this is a little too risky for his liking and like most Staggered villains, attempts to retreat. He uses his standard action to move back to the hole in the stone wall and through it. Despite his respectable Flight rank, I rule that he cannot just zip all the way back to the bridge of the Ragnarok, due to lacking Quickness.

Round 3
25 Moonlight *
22 GENERAL HAVOC (with power of Daka) (-2, fatigued on turn)
20 Spellbinder

01 Professor Pandemonium (-2, Staggered)

Moonlight is up!
Last edited by Ysariel on Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Moonlight
Condition: -1 Toughness [heals in 3 rounds]

"Oh no, you aren't leaving to attack the U.S. Navy, Professor. You are staying right here with us, rooted to the spot." A huge mass of seaweed surges forth from the water and towards Professor Pandemonium.

OOC: Attack roll for Nature Entraps [plant descriptor]: Attack roll: 1d20+12 28 DC 21 Dodge check against her Affliction.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Moonlight
Section 3 - Submersible Docking Bay
Psistrike wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:43 am Moonlight
Condition: -1 Toughness [heals in 3 rounds]

"Oh no, you aren't leaving to attack the U.S. Navy, Professor. You are staying right here with us, rooted to the spot." A huge mass of seaweed surges forth from the water and towards Professor Pandemonium.
As he attempts to get to his feet a curtain of blue-black seaweed rises from the water splattered all over the ground to engulf Professor Pandemonium's armor. The Professor's battlesuit is heavily armed and armored with powerful servos, but the living seaweed extends its tendrils deeply into the servo mechanisms and gums them up, jamming gears and fouling machinery.

"Insolence!" roars the Professor's reedy voice from the speaker grille of his battlesuit. "Unhand me zis moment you fairytale reject!"
The General's eyes flare with anger at Professor Pandemonium's attempt at an unauthorized retreat. A moment later she demonstrates that looks really can kill as twin beams of searing red light flash from her eyes and turn the shell of the Professor's armored suit red-hot. "Aiee!" shrieks the man inside as the heat scalds him even through layers of super-alloy and composite armor.

"There is no room in my revolution for cowards, Professor. The Ragnarok does not leave until I order it so."

OOC

General Havoc decides that the troops need to be brought back in line. She uses Heat Vision on Professor Pandemonium to remind him what 20 ranks of ill-gotten power can do to him. She hits but the professor takes only -1 with a natural 20 on the die, bringing him to -2. I guess being completely overpowered still doesn't hold a candle to having the devil's own luck.

This action was mistakenly written in the previous post because I made an error and thought her turn came before Moonlight's. General Havoc, despite her considerable powers, does not have the ability to act out of turn at will, so this constitutes her turn for round 3. She is also fatigued on her turn.

Round 3
25 Moonlight
22 GENERAL HAVOC (with power of Daka) (-2, fatigued)
20 Nightbird (higher initiative) *
20 Spellbinder

01 Professor Pandemonium (-2, Staggered, Hindered, Vulnerable)

Nightbird is up!
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird
HP: 3 LP: 1

From the lack of response either her teammates knew nothing about Daka crystals or more likely couldn't stop to think about her question in the middle of combat and from the looks of Havoc she might be as dangerous to her own forces as she was to us.

"Wow Prof looks like the General will be crushing you like a tincan, if I was you I would run as fast away as possible."

Then in a much lower voice "But I am not like you at all."

Pushing off the far wall Imogen rushed General Havoc once again stepping off each other foot to leave it uncertain from which direction her attack would be coming from then a flurry of blows towards the face before another knee strike towards General Havoc's leg that she had been trying to target.

Then using her momentum Imogen tried to put as much distance between herself and Havoc.
OOC wrote: Similar to previous rounds but adding in Agile Feint then PA +/-5 and Move by Action to get away again.

Use Move by Action and Agile Feint with Skill Mastery (Acrobatics) DC26 Insight or Acrobatics check vs vulnerable. Then

Nightbird PA +/- 5
Nightbird PA +5: 1d20+15-5 22
If a hit then DC29 Toughness Save
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Ysariel wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:29 pm Gelert
General Arms Systems -- Underground STARS Assembly Plant
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:20 pm "I hope you can understand my reasoning Rex, and aren't too disappointed. I'm sure now that you know the S.T.A.R.S are vulnerable to this kind of attack you and your team will come up with a countermeasure of your own in short order. Now as much as I'd love to continue the tour, I think I need to ask our intruder a few pointed questions about what he and his colleges are up to first."
Rex doesn't merely look disappointed as you wipe the fake smile right off his lips. His jaw just outright drops. It's clear that whatever he had been expecting as a response, it was not a very rational and carefully considered opinion on why the ring should not be taken apart and studied and why doing so might not even achieve the intended purpose. If indeed Richards' opinion of you was "just a talking dog", this has almost certainly put some nails in the coffin of that point of view.

It takes a few long moments for Richards to get his wits back. "Understandable," he clears his throat loudly and says, adjusting his tie. "And... not entirely unexpected. Especially given G.A.S.'s... fraught relationship with heroes in the past. Yes. I know you said nothing about it, but I am sure it is a factor. You also make... some convincing points. I cannot deny I am disappointed, but I see your mind is made up. I have no intention to try and coerce you into providing cooperation, though I do hope that you will reconsider in the future."
"Thanks for understanding Rex." Gelert replies cheerfully, more than a little satisfied at the bamboozled expression on the businessman's face.
Ysariel wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:29 pm Richards straightens the laps of his suit jacket. "You want to question the terrorist? Well then, he's all yours." He gestures with one hand and G.A.S. security, armed with their high-tech shotguns and modern body armor, haul Black Hat before you. Now that you have a chance to get a better look at him, he seems to be a Chinese man in his early or mid-twenties, with his hair cut short in a severe, military crew cut. The skintight bodysuit exposes his lean and wiry build, closer to that of a circus acrobat than an armed terrorist. He stares at you with sullen, disdainful eyes, and says nothing.

You notice that Rex stands within earshot and does not leave. Presumably he, too, is very interested in what the Anarchy Command terrorist has to say.
Gelert walks up to the infiltrator and grabs two chairs from the wreckage of some desks. He sets them down facing each other, jumps up onto one and nods towards the other.

"Have a seat. Lets have a little chat. Now I basically already know you were sent by Anarchy command, and you are here to steal or sabotage the S.T.A.R.S units. So that's a big who and what already on the table. We can fill in the whys and hows as we go. So why don't I start by giving you the same opportunity I gave Marshal Lawless. If you've got a big mission statement or monologue you'd like to give, whatever Anarchy Command puts on the recruitment brochures if you'd like, I'm happy to listen to it. Or if you have anything else you'd like to share or get off your chest that works too. I'm honestly curious about what your organization and you personally seek to gain from all of this. Actually before we do that, what would you like me to call you? I'll use whichever name or alias you'd prefer, it would be rude to just refer to you as 'hey you' or 'Mr. Saboteur' for an entire conversation."

OOC: Persuasion 1d20+17: 34