Adventures Assemble S3E3: The Great Brain Robbery!

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: Adventures Assemble S3E2: Family Matters

Post by kenseido »

Amethyst

There is no reaction.
Gelert is up
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Gelert
condition: Bx1

Gelert sniffs around he can smell the Shadowclan but just can't pinpoint where they are hiding. He lowers himself closer to ground "Maybe they gave up and went home?"

As he does so he heals himself of the minor injuries he'd taken.

OOC: Sorry for the delay, busy work week.
Perception 1d20+10: 25 Curses they are just too sneaky.
Gelert is going to move closer to ground level.
If I had Gelert fire an Area attack without a proper target could that be used to flush them out of hiding?

EDIT: Healing 10 (Increased Range: ranged) on Gelert himself 1d20+10: 13 That should remove the bruised condition.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Nightbird is up
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Bruise x 1

Still no sign of their opponents, Imogen was starting to wonder if they had run away but they could still be planning something.

Choosing a direction where none of her teammates were Imogen opened her mouth and started singing, this time a very out of tune "Last Friday Night".

OOC wrote:
Nightbird Perception: 1d20+11-2 21

Nightbird will use Birdy Wail Sonic Damage 12, Extra Area Cone
DC22 Dodge for DC27/21 Toughness Saves assuming anyone is in the area she has targeted.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Nightbird

There is no reaction to Nightbird's "song."
Moonlight is up
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Moonlight
HP: 2.1 LP: 0
Condition: Fine

Aranel focused her senses to their limit and could feel the air flowing around the shadow warrior, outlining him so he was clear to her. "You can't hide from me for long. Now it is time to make you see the light!" The sun is a part of nature, sunlight is all around them right now, and it begins to concentrate around the shadow warrior rapidly building in intensity until it is hot enough to liquify steel quickly.

OOC: Perception check: Perception check: 1d20+14 30 Attack check for Nature Strikes [sunlight descriptor]: Attack roll: 1d20+12 16 HP to reroll: Attack roll: 1d20+12 22 +10= 32 DC 27
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Moonlight

The ray of sunlight strikes down on the hidden member who is just outside the aircraft's entrance and renders him unconscious.
Shadow Clan #4 TOU: 1d20+8-2 16
Staggered x2, Out
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Shadow Clan

Everyone hears a voice come out of the aircraft that brought you here.

"If anyone gets on this craft, we're killing these two fine AEGIS personnel."

"Send the expecting mother up now, or we're going to start sending down body parts."
I think everyone forgot where the fight was taking place, as you were attacked immediately after getting off the ship.
Everyone gets 2 HP for the setback.

Amethyst is up.
Optionally, you can end combat time and deal with this in non-combat manner.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Amethyst
HP: 1 +2(setback) = 3 / Condition: Fatigued

Amethyst tosses away her gatling cannon in utter disgust, and it warps out of realspace before it hits the floor. She will be damned if she has to explain to Barrett that a bunch of ninjas snuck by them and flew off in the hypersonic jet he loaned them, complete with the crew and/or Celeste as hostages, and on top of that, they still have Jason's kidnapping to deal with. They need to get this situation resolved so they can go back to dealing with Jason's assailant and the whole business of the dragon.

Amethyst walks over to the other heroes, warping in a megaphone as she does. "Help me tie up the one that got knocked out. He might be useful," she says, pointing at the K.O.ed #4, in a low voice so the people on the jet can't hear her. "I'm going to start hostage negotiations, to stall for time and to see if they reveal anything useful. Ideally, we can get them to surrender; if not, then be ready to act if an opportunity arises, but don't do anything rash."

Amy says speaks through one of her drones, focusing its camera on Celeste. "Do not worry. We are not sending you into their jaws without a plan."

Amethyst points the megaphone at the jet and turns it on. "That's not what you said. First you said you would kill them if anyone came on board. Then, you said you would kill them if we didn't send up Celeste. How can we trust you if you keep moving the goalposts?"

She plants one hand on her hip as she keeps talking. "Let me point out some issues you face: 1) you are now trapped in an aircraft that is low on fuel, 2) that you can't fly, 3) that is AEGIS property and will be tracked wherever it goes, 4) that is surrounded by heroes, and 5) that is surprisingly close to a National Guard airbase sending up some F-22's." She actually doesn't know they can't fly the jet; it's just an assumption, but how they react to that point might reveal if they can. "Right now, you are only guilty of assault and being accomplices in a kidnapping. If you kill any of the personnel, that's murder and crossing that line is a very serious deal. Even Lord Steel didn't kill people willy-nilly, much less send out dismembered corpses."

"We're reasonable people, but we need a show of goodwill to prove that you're negotiating seriously. Send down one of the hostages first, in one piece and unharmed, so that we can establish some trust."

Amethyst doesn't actually care if they send down anyone, at least not immediately. She just needs to get them talking. If they're talking, they're not escaping, attacking, or killing. And there might be some useful information in their response.

OOC

Amethyst exits combat.

The shadow clan will probably be hostile since they were just in combat. Persuasion to improve roll:
AA Amethyst Persuasion: 1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25

She will then ask them to send out 1 hostage. She is expecting that they won't agree, but this is just an exploratory move. I can't decide what to do until after I see how they react first.
Last edited by Ysariel on Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Before anyone can respond, a shadow forms under each of the fallen foes and swallows them.

There isn't much of a wait before Michelle gets an answer from the VTOL. 'It doesn't matter. We're dead without her. Send her up now. And no heroes!"

There is a lot of desperation in the voice.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird
HP: 1 > 3 LP: 1

Silently fuming Imogen joined the others, how could they let this happen and how could the Aegis personnel be so stupid to not shut the doors to the plane when they realised they were under attack.

"I would offer to sneak in but they could see me as though it was the middle of the day, which probably means they see someone invisible as well. Maybe Moonlight or Gelert could make one of us look like Celeste otherwise I suggest keep them talking they sound stressed and there might be a button or two that we could press that will make them give up." Imogen offers while examining the jet to see if there any other access points.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Amethyst
Condition: Fatigued / HP: 3

Amethyst watches the defeated Shadow Clan vanish. "Sounds like you should cooperate, so that we can help save your lives, then. Even if you survive this job, you won't live through the next one."

She turns off the megaphone.

"I don't think they will give up easily," she turns to Nightbird and says, in a low voice. "Their boss seems the kind to punish failure with death. They're basically suicide troops."

Biting her knuckle, she thinks. There were 2 hostages, and 3 shadow clanners. They needed more information. "Moonlight, you can sense the movements of the air. Tell us what you feel. In particular, try to tell where the hostages are being kept, and if there is any easy way in and out of the jet other than the boarding ramp."
Gilliam wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:22 am "Maybe Moonlight or Gelert could make one of us look like Celeste otherwise I suggest keep them talking they sound stressed and there might be a button or two that we could press that will make them give up."
Amethyst smiles. "Well, there's one person here who's more than qualified for that - way more than I am." She hands Gelert the megaphone. "Hound of Hope, give us a word."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird
HP: 3 > 2 LP: 1

Raking her brain Imogen tries to think of anything that help in the current situation.
OOC wrote: Using an HP for inspiration.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Moonlight

Aranel's Air Awareness lets her know that there are four figures on the plan, very close together. They are near the entrance to the cockpit away from the craft's main entrance, exit.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Moonlight
HP: 3 LP: 0

"Okay, here is what I can sense. There are four figures on the plane, very close together. They are near the entrance to the cockpit away from the craft's main entrance/exit point. This is going to be tricky to get to them without endangering the hostages."