Adventures Assemble S3E3: The Great Brain Robbery!

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gilliam

Re: Adventures Assemble S3E2: Family Matters

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird
HP: 2 LP: 1
Condition: Bruise x 1

Psistrike wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:49 pm Moonlight
HP: 3 LP: 0

"Okay, here is what I can sense. There are four figures on the plane, very close together. They are near the entrance to the cockpit away from the craft's main entrance/exit point. This is going to be tricky to get to them without endangering the hostages."

"Thanks Moonlight" replies Imogen "That confirms it, 2 ninjas with 2 hostages and I suspect they were relying on their mage to escape in the first place and at the moment he is occupied so they will be wanting to use the jet to get away which means they will need to keep the pilot alive."

Trying not to chew on her lower lip, a bad habit from her childhood Imogen continues "But from the panic in their voices if they think they are going to lose then they will kill the hostages out of hand, thy expect to die for failure and nothing else matters. We need to know which one has the pilot and also a distraction to throw them off their game without endangering the hostages, preferably outside the plane. Giving them Celeste would do it which isn't going to happen but any other ideas?"
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

"On second thoughts both can fly the plane which means if we can guess which one they intend to kill or injury and which one to keep alive, it could give us that extra second or two to save both of them."
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Gelert

"Okay, here is what I can sense. There are four figures on the plane, very close together. They are near the entrance to the cockpit away from the craft's main entrance/exit point. This is going to be tricky to get to them without endangering the hostages."
Gelert considers this. "What if we didn't go through the inside of the plane? If we need to get close to them, going through the cockpit windows would probably be easiest and we could get most of the way there out of sight. The question is what to do when we got close."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:56 pm Gelert

Gelert considers this. "What if we didn't go through the inside of the plane? If we need to get close to them, going through the cockpit windows would probably be easiest and we could get most of the way there out of sight. The question is what to do when we got close."
"That's a good idea but we will need them distracted otherwise as soon as they hear or see anything they will kill at least one of the hostages." Imogen replies.

"If one of us could look similar to Celeste that might do it."

OOC wrote: I can't recall how Celeste looks and wondering if either Nightbird, Amethyst or Moonlight could pass for her if they looked pregnant?
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Amethyst
Condition: normal / HP: 3

Amethyst closes her eyes and thinks for a moment.

OOC
AA Amethyst int check: 1D20+12 = [16]+12 = 28

Int check

I want to recall if the cockpit of the plane is separated from the passenger compartment by a lockable door, like on commercial aircraft.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

The cockpit door is more secure than commercial flight. In addition, like commercial planes, the door springs closed. The pilots were coming out of the cockpit when you were getting off, so the odds are extremely high that its closed. There is even a good chance it is locked, but it locks from the cockpit side.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Amethyst
HP: 3 / Condition: normal
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:56 pm Gelert considers this. "What if we didn't go through the inside of the plane? If we need to get close to them, going through the cockpit windows would probably be easiest and we could get most of the way there out of sight. The question is what to do when we got close."
Amethyst looks up. "Going through the front windows sounds like the best idea. The cockpit door is military-grade, and it locks from the cockpit side. If they are in the cockpit, we'll bypass the door entirely. If they are on the passenger compartment side of the door, at least they won't be able to lock the door against us."
Gilliam wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:34 pm "That's a good idea but we will need them distracted otherwise as soon as they hear or see anything they will kill at least one of the hostages." Imogen replies.

Amethyst frowns. Moonlight would probably react badly to the chemicals in any makeup used for disguise, and she herself, well, she had the wrong hair color and skin color, in addition to being 2 inches shorter. Nightbird was the best choice, but any disguise they could cobble together on short notice would be flimsy at best.

"I can deploy the holographic projector," Amy says.

"I can even use voice-changing software to provide a high-fidelity fascimile of Celeste's voice and use forcefields to match her body shape. The catch is that it only works on you, Michelle, and you won't have shields while it's up. I need to use the suit's shield projectors."

"Fantastic. All we need now is a plan for keeping the crew safe once the action starts."

OOC

Amethyst is going to stunt Morph since I think none of us are able to make a good enough disguise check that will hold up to scrutiny.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

Ysariel wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:23 am Amethyst
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:56 pm Gelert considers this. "What if we didn't go through the inside of the plane? If we need to get close to them, going through the cockpit windows would probably be easiest and we could get most of the way there out of sight. The question is what to do when we got close."
Amethyst looks up. "Going through the front windows sounds like the best idea. The cockpit door is military-grade, and it locks from the cockpit side. If they are in the cockpit, we'll bypass the door entirely. If they are on the passenger compartment side of the door, at least they won't be able to lock the door against us."
"Moonlight, Gelert can you take care of the windows and get into the plane, we will also need to know where the ninjas and hostages are in case they move places, hopefully if they see Celeste coming to the plane they will move to the entrance." Imogen adds
stavaros_the_arcane

Gelert
Gilliam wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:34 pm "That's a good idea but we will need them distracted otherwise as soon as they hear or see anything they will kill at least one of the hostages." Imogen replies.

Amethyst frowns. Moonlight would probably react badly to the chemicals in any makeup used for disguise, and she herself, well, she had the wrong hair color and skin color, in addition to being 2 inches shorter. Nightbird was the best choice, but any disguise they could cobble together on short notice would be flimsy at best.

"I can deploy the holographic projector," Amy says.

"I can even use voice-changing software to provide a high-fidelity fascimile of Celeste's voice and use forcefields to match her body shape. The catch is that it only works on you, Michelle, and you won't have shields while it's up. I need to use the suit's shield projectors."

"Fantastic. All we need now is a plan for keeping the crew safe once the action starts."

OOC

Amethyst is going to stunt Morph since I think none of us are able to make a good enough disguise check that will hold up to scrutiny.
"You keep them distracted, while we go over the top. Got it." Gelert replies.
Gilliam wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:55 pm Nightbird
"Moonlight, Gelert can you take care of the windows and get into the plane, we will also need to know where the ninjas and hostages are in case they move places, hopefully if they see Celeste coming to the plane they will move to the entrance." Imogen adds
Gelert flies up to the top of the plane, lands and reduces his blue glow as much as possible. He wants to avoid cluing in the shadowclan that he's approaching until he's ready to act. He heads for the front of the plane as quietly as possible.

OOC: Stealth 1d20+12: 20
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Gelert

As Gelert approaches the front of the plane, he can see through the windscreen that the cockpit door is closed and secured.

Unless he flies by one of the side portholes, the Shadow Clan inside can't see him.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Amethyst
Condition: Normal > fatigued, HP: 3 -1(heroic feat) = 2
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:48 pm "You keep them distracted, while we go over the top. Got it." Gelert replies.
Amethyst nods. Then she points the megaphone at the plane and says, "Give us time to talk with Celeste. We aren't doing this without her consent."

Behind her back, she signals with one hand to Celeste to get behind cover for a moment.
OOC
Assuming she comes along:
Once they are out of sight and out of earshot of the landed plant, a trio of drones with high-resolution cameras warp in and perform a head to toe scan of Celeste. A moment later, Amethyst's person seems to flicker and she transforms into the splitting image of the psychic. Her hair is now blonde instead of pink and shoulder-length instead of all the way to her waist, she's two inches taller, and instead of her high-tech bikini she's wearing Celeste's stylish and classy outfit. In her HUD she can see her shields reshaping into a human-shaped layer that surrounds her, on top of which the hologram was layered, making the illusion as real as flesh and blood even to senses other than the visual. The minute adjustments required compromised shield strength, but that was the tradeoff.

"Stay here, and stay out of sight," she activates her voice-changing software and tells Celeste in the psychic's own voice. "This will be over in no time."

Then she steps out from behind cover and walks towards the jet, but stops before the boarding ramp.

OOC

Extra effort and stunt Morph 1 [single other appearance: Celeste] (5pp) off the toughness component of her shields which is Protection 10 (10pp).

I am also going to heroic feat and get Interpose as a feat for this scene (I usually houserule that heroic feat lasts the scene as far back as ECK, but if you don't follow that rule, I will wait until the hostages are visible before spending it).
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Nightbird

"Nicely done." Imogen whispers as Amethyst changes her appearance to look like Celeste.

Touching her commlink Imogen advised Gelert and Moonlight "Amethyst is making her way to the jet, be ready to come through the cockpit door when we see them."
OOC wrote: I am assuming that Gelert and Moonlight have already entered the cockpit.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Amethyst
Condition: fatigued, HP: 2

Amethyst wrinkles her nose in disgust. She'd hoped approaching the jet would provoke some response from the Shadow Clan inside, but they weren't making a move yet.

"I'm coming," she says, ascending the stairs.
stavaros_the_arcane

kenseido wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:28 pm Gelert

As Gelert approaches the front of the plane, he can see through the windscreen that the cockpit door is closed and secured.

Unless he flies by one of the side portholes, the Shadow Clan inside can't see him.
Gilliam wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:50 pm Nightbird

"Nicely done." Imogen whispers as Amethyst changes her appearance to look like Celeste.

Touching her commlink Imogen advised Gelert and Moonlight "Amethyst is making her way to the jet, be ready to come through the cockpit door when we see them."
OOC wrote: I am assuming that Gelert and Moonlight have already entered the cockpit.
OOC: Just to clarify before Gelert would force his way in, is there anyone in the cockpit? It's unclear if shadow clan or the hostages are being held there or are in a different part of the plane.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

The cockpit is empty.