Adventures Assemble! OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gilliam

Re: Adventures Assemble! OOC

Post by Gilliam »

kenseido wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:28 pm Shadow Clan

Several tense moments pass as the three women wait for the Shadow Clam members to attack. The one Gelert hit goes back into hiding.
There is no visible action by the Shadow Clan this round.
Shadow Clan #4 Stealth check: 1d20+18 26
Only #4 has a chance of being seen.

Amethyst is up
Just confirming that the readied attacks are lost?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Correct

Technically, if they were holding, or readied their own actions and they went off before your character's next action, it would still go.

But that isn't what is happening here
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Ysariel, I am afraid this is one of those "the sky is plaid" moments. You have been kicking their collective a$$es the whole fight. There is no roll you could make to convince them of this.

Take an HP.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

If you randomly hit one of them with an area attack, there is a bonus to see them, depending on how much damage they take.

Even if you are close, they might react.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Eh I might just heal someone again, who is currently the most damaged?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Gelert and Nightbird both have 1 Bruise
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

kenseido wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:27 am Gelert and Nightbird both have 1 Bruise
Gelert will patch himself up this round.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I have been a bit grumpy lately. If you think this setback is overly unfair, let me know.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

It was unexpected and to be honest I am struggling to see what Nightbird could do in this situation as intimidate is not going to be effective here, her negotiation skills are non-existent and she can't sneak up on them. Unless HP to edit scene would work or aiding someones elses rolls?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

This is definitely not a "one person" job.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Never thought that but I am struggling to think of how Nightbird can contribute.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I don't know if this helps, but it might be useful to stop thinking about this like combat and more like a skill challenge.

There are a lot of factors that will influence their actions. You can probably figure out what they are and build a plan around it.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

I am pretty sure nightbird, as a sound controller, can stunt an attack that has perception area +1pp/rank [sound]. If they can perceive it, they are hit by it (though they do get a dodge check first since the extra has sense-dependent built into it). That allows you to attack all the way into the jet since they can obviously hear (perceive) your sound.

the heroes and the aegis crew will have to save too unless it's selective, but it could easily be a nonlethal attack such as sleep.

I don't think things have got that far yet, but it could be an option to keep in mind.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Just remember, they have ready actions as well. And I won't intercede to save any hostages.

And there would have to be a VERY good justification for Selective on an Area Perception attack.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

So, my thought is we have a trump card: Gelert's fascinate (persuasion). Fascinate is very powerful, it inflicts entranced, which is actually stunned, with the caveat that an obvious threat will automatically break the effect. That could provide cover for Nightbird or other heroes to sneak onboard. I would suggest not using it now, though. We should try to locate the hostages first and if possible get the shadow clan to come out of the jet with the hostages instead of having to attack into the plane.

Then there is the issue of actually protecting the hostages. Unfortunately Gelert is also the only one with interpose, but the rest can still get interpose with heroic feat.