Adventures Assemble! OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ysariel

Re: Adventures Assemble! OOC

Post by Ysariel »

Gilliam wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:19 amI really want to use Nightbirds Weaken Objects attack on Havoc but can't think of an in-game reason why she would try it :)
If I'm looking at Nightbird's sheet correctly, it's affects objects only, and it wouldn't work on a living person, right?

In other news, Sunday's update has been delayed due to some unexpected work issues on my end. I will post on Monday instead (today) US time, in a few hours' time from now.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Well the resonant frequency would be a sound that could cause the crystal to shatter, at least that was the intention behind my question. But as stated, that's not something we should know/be able to do at this stage of the story.

Michelle's company had the original contract of working with the country of Dakana on the crystals and alien tech, and then Liam's company picked it up after Michelle was removed as CEO. So it is possible for Michelle to be privy to that information.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Ysariel wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:06 pm
Gilliam wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:19 amI really want to use Nightbirds Weaken Objects attack on Havoc but can't think of an in-game reason why she would try it :)
If I'm looking at Nightbird's sheet correctly, it's affects objects only, and it wouldn't work on a living person, right?

In other news, Sunday's update has been delayed due to some unexpected work issues on my end. I will post on Monday instead (today) US time, in a few hours' time from now.
My thoughts were that Havoc is carrying Daka crystals to power up and a weaken object attack might destroy them, so a real stab in the dark :)
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Gilliam wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:31 am My thoughts were that Havoc is carrying Daka crystals to power up and a weaken object attack might destroy them, so a real stab in the dark :)
That is the same thing I was thinking with the resonant frequency. Nightbird could sing it and the crystals would crack.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

kenseido wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:21 pm
Gilliam wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:31 am My thoughts were that Havoc is carrying Daka crystals to power up and a weaken object attack might destroy them, so a real stab in the dark :)
That is the same thing I was thinking with the resonant frequency. Nightbird could sing it and the crystals would crack.
But at the moment there is no reason to think Havoc is carrying or using Daka crystals.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Just Moonlight's hunch.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Hello. I am very sorry that updates this week have been sparse and the pace of the game has begun to slip. I assumed that the situation at work would calm down after Christmas and the new year, however, for now things are still unexpectedly hectic. The economy here has been hit very hard and my workplace is undergoing severe restructuring, and this week my working hours were again changed at very short notice. In the long term this should not affect my posting rate, but suddenly preparing for an entirely different set of classes and students has been extremely tiring.

I am going to take a nap and attempt to post today (Saturday US time) and update all the characters. If my updates are still inconsistent by the end of January, I will think about switching to a more relaxed schedule of 3 updates/week (down from the current 4). There is no point in a posting schedule if it cannot be adhered to reliably. For now however please be patient while I get things going again.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Thank you for the update. We understand that RL is unpredictable, and this game shouldn't be a cause of additional stress. If a schedule helps you, then use it. When it causes more stress, then let it slide. We will never judge you for that.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

kenseido wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:55 am Thank you for the update. We understand that RL is unpredictable, and this game shouldn't be a cause of additional stress. If a schedule helps you, then use it. When it causes more stress, then let it slide. We will never judge you for that.
Seconded :)
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

I've also had some busy times post new years, it can be rough going back and forth between being busy and exhausted. (Why I'm way behind on posting for Gelert's side of things. I'm working on it.)

So yeah, look out for yourself first.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

And all characters are updated. Again, apologies for the many delays and thanks for your good wishes. Things at work are starting to settle down again, and I hope to resume a regular schedule during this coming week. I will re-evaluate the posting schedule as promised at the end of January and see if it will be better to transition to a slightly more relaxed one. One other issue I've had recently is that I have not been available on Skype, as promised, so I am going to try and make an effort to improve that, too.

The current story is approaching the halfway mark, and if you have any feedback about it feel free to let me know as well.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

I am enjoying this story, the challenge feels like it is next level and I have to admit that I never expected Catastrophe to drop a bunch of missiles on Nightbird :)

Excellent work.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I realized right after I rolled that I should have Power Attacked because he is vulnerable.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

And there is what should have been Friday's update.

As I mentioned before, those investigating the seaside cove will possibly be captured. However, if you have changed your mind in the meantime, it is not really compulsory to accept this complication. If you decide not to be captured you can spend 1 HP and describe IC how you escape before your powers are nullified. If you decide to be captured you receive 3 HP per my IC post, and you only need to let me know OOC; I will advance you to the next scene ASAP.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

I'm letting Moonlight be captured, can't think of what to post in response.