Adventures Assemble! OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: Adventures Assemble! OOC

Post by kenseido »

My only suggestion is that #1 is more "time sensitive." Chaos isn't going anywhere.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

kenseido wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:54 pm My only suggestion is that #1 is more "time sensitive." Chaos isn't going anywhere.
That we know of.

But that is a good point.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Unfortunately I am feeling a little sluggish today, so there is just the one update. Gelert will be updated separately on Sunday. Until then, have a great weekend!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I would like to wait and see how Moonlight chooses to approach the Cove before posting for Jason.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Probably not a surprise to any of you that I really like coming up with creative ways to use powers. When I gave Jason the Figments powers, the idea was copied from someone else's build (don't remember who). I didn't consider it a method of secret communication.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Yes, even a damage effect might be used for communication (e.g. a fire blast used as a signal flare).

By the way, I think I forgot to mention it but after the scene at Justice Hall, any fatigue is recovered.

Sorry for the delay in posting. I wanted to update at least Gelert on Sunday, but the post ended up taking a lot longer than normal to write, and I also changed my ideas for the scene several times which added to the delay. Going forward, I intend to continue the update schedule of Mon-Wed-Fri-Sun which seems sustainable so far.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Can Moonlight make a Stealth check to maneuver behind the sub so she can attack the sub's propeller to disable it?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

What would be involved in attacking the radio equipment for the surprise round?
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Psistrike wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:11 pm Can Moonlight make a Stealth check to maneuver behind the sub so she can attack the sub's propeller to disable it?
Yes. The DC is the same for swimming into the cove undetected by the submarine's sonar, DC 20. The sub actually has magnetohydrodynamic propulsion (no moving parts, magnets only) but it is still obvious where the engines are and they can be damaged just as easily.

Note that, unless you have a subtle attack or the technology skill (which lets you sabotage machines), once you attack the sub's crew will know they are being attacked even if they cannot accurately perceive you. They won't be able to attack you in return, but they may take other measures.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

kenseido wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:57 pm What would be involved in attacking the radio equipment for the surprise round?
That is the smash action, used against a worn object. You can take 10, and without squadron bonuses you need a result of 18 to hit the R.I.O.T. soldier.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

So, for Gelert, one of the little-known uses of extra effort is being able to get +2 to any check. If you want, you can extra effort and that makes your reroll 31, which is enough to pass.

If not, then since your reroll is still a failure, then your HP is refunded. Let me know which option you choose.

Strictly, you should probably declare this before rolling, just as AOA/PA have to be declared at the time of rolling and not retroactively. But since you have made a serious effort to roleplay the check, and since Gelert is traditionally portrayed as being a good negotiator I will make an exception.

By the way, you would have 2 HP now (starting 1, +2 from the scene with Marshal Lawless, -1 reroll = 2).
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

In other news, I seem to have come down with some illness, which has delayed my posting. I have been suffering mild headaches, soreness and general fatigue for the last week or so. The good news is it doesn't seem to be serious so hopefully by next week everything should be well.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Ysariel wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:03 pm So, for Gelert, one of the little-known uses of extra effort is being able to get +2 to any check. If you want, you can extra effort and that makes your reroll 31, which is enough to pass.

If not, then since your reroll is still a failure, then your HP is refunded. Let me know which option you choose.

Strictly, you should probably declare this before rolling, just as AOA/PA have to be declared at the time of rolling and not retroactively. But since you have made a serious effort to roleplay the check, and since Gelert is traditionally portrayed as being a good negotiator I will make an exception.

By the way, you would have 2 HP now (starting 1, +2 from the scene with Marshal Lawless, -1 reroll = 2).
I'll definitely use the Extra Effort.Thank you!
Hope you feel better soon.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Thank you! And there is my response for Gelert, which ought to have been on Friday but again heavily delayed because it was longer than I expected. I will update the others on Sunday as usual.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Is Catastrophe close enough to the ground for Nightbird to physically attack him or is he hovering too high off the ground or over the water?