Adventures Assemble! OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ysariel

Re: Adventures Assemble! OOC

Post by Ysariel »

There we go. Thank you for your patience and we should be back to the normal schedule from here on out.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

As this Saturday is Christmas, I expect most of you will be busy with the holidays and unavailable to post. I do have one post I plan to make which is not directly related to either of the scenes currently ongoing, but otherwise, I think it is best if we take this weekend off. Enjoy the holidays, and we will resume the game on Monday's update.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

It looks like you skipped Professor Pandemonium
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

kenseido wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:17 am It looks like you skipped Professor Pandemonium
Oops! Unfortunately I didn't catch your post before I wrote General Havoc's turn. But we'll say that the professor is busy cackling and misses his turn (he actually does have Monologuing as a complication). Instead he gains 1 VP which he can only spend in his next encounter with you, since this one is pretty disadvantageous for the heroes as-is.

And as it is the end of Monday in the U.S. I am resuming the game. :)
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Ysariel wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:17 pm OOC

AA General Havoc Toughness DC 29: 1D20+20 = [9]+20 = 29
Barely passed; no effect
Didn't General Havoc have 1 bruise from the previous round?

http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 02#p151802
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I am fairly certain Moonlight was present for the second Dakana adventure, but Daka crystals were not a focus. Psi hadn't joined us yet for the first one.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

kenseido wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:41 pm I am fairly certain Moonlight was present for the second Dakana adventure, but Daka crystals were not a focus. Psi hadn't joined us yet for the first one.
I remember that second Dakana adventure, I thought the local's weapons had Daka crystals in them which is why they hit so hard. I could be wrong though.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Psistrike wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:10 amI remember that second Dakana adventure, I thought the local's weapons had Daka crystals in them which is why they hit so hard. I could be wrong though.
I guess there was a fight with the locals at one point, when they thought you were responsible for the attack. But most of that story was Kraven Meets Dr Moreau.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

What would be the DC to know the resonant frequency of Daka crystals?
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Gilliam wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:00 pm
Ysariel wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:17 pm OOC

AA General Havoc Toughness DC 29: 1D20+20 = [9]+20 = 29
Barely passed; no effect
Didn't General Havoc have 1 bruise from the previous round?

http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 02#p151802
Oops! Thanks for pointing out the error. I am correcting it now.

Edit: and it is done. I have updated both IC and OOC text to reflect the new result and General Havoc is at -2 now.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

kenseido wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:51 pm What would be the DC to know the resonant frequency of Daka crystals?
Normally, you would need about 12 or more ranks of expertise: science (or some related expertise, like physics or superhumans). Daka crystals are rare and powerful artifacts, and as Amethyst says, a lot of the science surrounding them is still not well-established, so this is not information that laypeople or average researchers would be aware of.

That said, I do see that Moonlight has expertise: nature and was present for at least one of the Dakana adventures. If you assume that Daka crystals are natural in origin, do you think she has justification to know?
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

And there is what should have been Friday's update, a day late due to various interruptions. Happy New Year!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Well in our Universe, they are alien in origin, found on a spaceship buried in the sacred mount in Dakana. Beyond that, I hadn't decided if they are manufactured or naturally occurring. Like diamonds, there may be natural occurring and manufactured version that may be "better" (e.g. synthetic diamonds have no flaws which is often how they are identified as synthetic).

At any rate, it's probably not something that should be revealed at this stage of the story. Maybe something Michelle can reveal at the climax. Really not something Jason would have been exposed to with his Jack of All Trades.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

I really want to use Nightbirds Weaken Objects attack on Havoc but can't think of an in-game reason why she would try it :)
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

kenseido wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:49 pm Well in our Universe, they are alien in origin, found on a spaceship buried in the sacred mount in Dakana. Beyond that, I hadn't decided if they are manufactured or naturally occurring. Like diamonds, there may be natural occurring and manufactured version that may be "better" (e.g. synthetic diamonds have no flaws which is often how they are identified as synthetic).

At any rate, it's probably not something that should be revealed at this stage of the story. Maybe something Michelle can reveal at the climax. Really not something Jason would have been exposed to with his Jack of All Trades.
Ok that's a good point. I suppose, even if you knew the resonant frequency, there is not much directly that you can do to exploit this knowledge. By the way, let me know if you have any thoughts on the origin of daka crystals.