The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye
Hero Points: 2; Luck Points: 1; Current Condition: Fine

"I intend to!" Lilly tells her. "And we should warn the Weidners that someone is attempting to steal their vial. Whatever that is. Maybe send them a picture of the man?"
Last edited by Tony Jones on Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Or we nab him and invite him to talk for protection? He can't really avoid us." Amy suggested.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)

Viv listened carefully to Lilly's relay- and she had an idea...

Lilly, can you project your voice, or mine, so that it sounds like we're right by the phone? So the person on the other end can hear it? If you can, then say "What your friend forgot to tell you, Mr. Tuskel, is that the people who tagged him announced themselves as government agents, and his activity and yours have been forwarded to the local police, Interpol, and the Ministry, as well as the Weidners. We also have his laptop, and our technopath is looking forward to examining it. Very simply- stay out of town."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye
Hero Points: 2; Luck Points: 1; Current Condition: Fatigued

Lilly considers Viv's suggestion for a moment.

"I ... don't know," she tells her. "But I can certainly try! Though I think I will need to be closer..."

She teleports away to a rooftop close to but out of sight of the fugitive, and concentrates on the sounds around her, feeling how she might do more than just silence them, but do the reverse. Change them. Generate them from nothing...

"Ah!" she mutters to herself as with some effort she feels her way to the new ability.

"What your friend forgot to tell you, Mr. Tuskel," she says, creating the sounds of Viv's voice perhaps a foot from the phone. "Is that the people who tagged him announced themselves as government agents, and his activity and yours have been forwarded to the local police, Interpol, and the Ministry, as well as the Weidners. We also have his laptop, and our technopath is looking forward to examining it. Very simply- stay out of town."

She listens for any response, which she will relay to the others.
OOC wrote: Her power stunted array slot is:

Illusion (Auditory) - 6, Independent - 6, Selective - 6
+ Feature: Mimicry [You can imitate almost any sound you’ve heard, giving you a +10 bonus to Deception checks to convince others your mimicked sounds are real]

In this case she's mimicking Viv's voice; this would be a Routine Deception check of 19, but given that Mr. Tuskel has never heard her voice before I'm not sure how relevant that is!
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

To his credit, Tüskel stays calm, at least outwardly.
" Government agents? Then you should know that money trumps any government involvement, always. And I am currently the middle-man for people who have more than enough. And they really want me to procure a certain item. So I suggest you take some time off, spend some taxpayer money and leave me and my operation alone. Else I promise you will regret it."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

"Le Sigh... Very Well, the game is afoot then. Enjoy your enhanced prosecution, and I do hope you have another agent..."

Viv opened the laptop for a moment- it seemed locked, but that didn't prevent her from shutting it down entirely. She sent the Weidners a quick message with the man's picture, and a warning that he was trying to acquire some kind of vial from them. "Lilly, if you would like to, please follow him around for a while- until I hear back from the police and Interpol to see if he is a known entity. If you do want to follow him, make it very obvious that you are doing so...
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye

"Very well," replies Lilly. "I shall do so!"

And she begins doing as asked. She teleports about in his vicinity, from rooftop to rooftop. She does not reveal herself to him, but she throws stones at him from cover, not hard enough to do serious damage, but hard enough to hurt, or at least be noticeable (being careful not to hit anyone else or damage things). And of course she keeps listening in to him as well.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Like Lilly said, the next question is who is he working for that wants whatever and what's the in the vial, whatever that is?" she sighed and raked her hair back. "I'm not Nancy Drew dang it."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

He keeps cursing to himself. After the second stone throw, he turns around and yells, " I'm going, I'm going!"
He then heads to the train station.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye

Lilly follows him to the train station and, observing from a distance, keeps her ears on him until he actually boards a train and goes, when she notes which train and reports that back to the others...
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

"Well done," Viv noted, once Lilly had reported her progress. "Now I believe we're up for a bit of lunch at the burger place with Beowulf. Then we can plot out our afternoon. I'm probably going to check in with the Weidners and see if they need anything at this stage. Then maybe we can prowl around town a bit more- see if any of the people we chased off yesterday have tried to sneak back in, especially any of those drone construct things."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"And be on the lookout for new spooks." She offered. "Can't forget them." she shook her head. "This has more layers than a Russian Nesting Doll, I swear to the Divine Birds." she said.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Thank you," says Lilly to Viv. "Burgers and beer would be good!"

Once she has seen the man off on the train, she returns to the others, looking a bit tired from her exertions.

"Even without any new 'spooks' there are the worshippers of Selune and Malar out there somewhere if they are perhaps an issue. And there were those werewolves that were ... concerned ... about the other werewolves being Wyrm-touched rather than Garou. Are they something we need to worry about?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"Selune worshippers aren't a problem. The Malar ones should be kept an eye on." she considered. "Garou is world of darkness with the Wyrm being the big bad. Basically, chaos with an unhealthy dose of insanity thrown in if I remember rightly."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

When you arrive, Beowulf is sitting outside, working on what must be his fourth burger with three more still waiting.
" Hey there", he says before taking another bite.