The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by Neo-Paladin »

// It sounds like a harmless campfire song - sorry, don't know any Polish folk songs ;) But there is nothing that would raise Lilly's hackles.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly informs the others of this of course.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl stretched out her senses, hoping to at least pinpoint the 'Void's location. This close, it should be feasible.

ooc
Force Sensitivity: Accurate Mental [Force] Sense, Danger Sense, Force Awareness, Ranged Detect Alignment (Darkside/Lightside), Detect Force disturbance, ranged 2.
Perception 17 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=260361
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Yes, it is. It's in the same direction. Her senses give her an impression of something old and inhuman, a thing somewhere between existence and nonexistence - a hungry proto-deity, wolfish and smelling faintly of ozone, with a Force shadow the shape of which would make H.R. Giger proud.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl stopped, eyes wide as she took in what she was sensing. "Holy F@#ing Sh#@...." she breathed. The four of them were in no way equipped to deal with a freaking proto-level deity level threat like this. What she wouldn't give for a Ghostbuster Proton Pack right now.... Or four of them. Or some wizards, real ones. Or... She shook herself and squashed the brief flash of panic. Then sighed. If wishes were fishes, they'd have a nice dinner. They'd deal, they always did. Somehow.

"Guys, we're going to need waaay bigger guns than what we have and a more specialized and delicate approach than what we can muster right now. Not to mention a high level cleric or two at the least. We also need to get that camper out of the area." she said getting herself under control as she described what she felt in as clinical a way as she possibly could.

Force Voids being bad news was the understatement of the year in this case. She thought to herself.

ooc
Tried to temper her understandable reaction with professionalism there.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"That is not good," commented Lilly.

[OOC: Can Lilly's Divine Awareness pick up this thing, if it is deity-like? Not that she'd be able to tell much more than that it is there, as her power isn't Acute or anything...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

She can feel something but it doesn't exactly feel like a regular deity. Maybe a nascent one, an entity yearning for the strength it needs to birth itself into the world.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"I dunno... Like I said, I think we need somebody with way more power and expertise than we have who can deal with this. I also don't think we need this kind of deity running about, it doesn't feel good at all and I have zero idea on how to deal with it." she scowled. "It needs to be contained and or moved on before it becomes a real big problem."

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Do we even know if it is interested in the werewolf meeting?" Adeleth asks.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"It's a predator of spirits." Amy replied. "Alot of 'wolves are partially or wholly in the spirit realm so to speak." She considered. "It's like a watering hole for it. Easy pickings. Or easier pickings anyway."

Battle Init
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)

Viv nodded. "In other words, even if it does not INTEND to interfere with the meeting, it might do so, simply by going about its normal behavior. Can we determine if whoever is sing IS this entity, or are they separate- bait, a victim, a bystander? We may need to at least attempt contact, so we can figure out where this being is on our list of priorities- but I don't think we ALL need to approach. You know, just in case. If this is a real deity-level threat we may be able to enlist the local forest deity, but hopefully we can find some method of avoiding outright conflict..."

>OOC: Only a little rambly- hopefully comprehensible
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Would the local forest deity already be aware of this one?" Adeleth says. "I want to avoid sticking our hand in a hornets nest and then finding out later the local forest deity would have said they have this thing covered. Of course, all I know for sure is that deities are above my pay grade."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Okay, quick reminder...the Weidners mentioned the Lodge of the Field...and I forgot to include in the description you got online that it's a group originating in Poland...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"I can go, I'm not very threatening, at least at first glance and one of you adults. Would that work?" Amy asked. "Between us, we can figure out if the person is just a bystander or not." she scowled as she felt that there-not there presence. "Maybe this thing is that Lodge creature Lycaon-Ur? I dunno. It feels like that description. Hungry, wolfish, electric... Freaking unpleasant if not downright evil..." she considered.

"Lily might contact the forest deity Abnoba I believe, she did have a conversation with her earlier right?" she nodded in Lily's direction. "I'd feel better if we did have a more experienced deity of some sort keeping an eye on this mess, they'd be able to better gauge the situation than we could." she looked apologetically in Lily's direction. "No offense, but we deal more with the physical side of things right now and this... Really isn't something we're equipped to deal with."

Battle Init