The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by Tony Jones »

"I can try!" comments Lilly. "And I can come in with you if you need a quick getaway should things go wrong..."

She feels out, trying to get a sense of Abnoba if she is there.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)

"No, no- stay back, let Amy make the approach. If you stay back, it looks less like an overt threat- and you can keep Adeleth and I in the loop better. But be ready to jump in if things get dicey." She paused briefly and sighed. "In a way, it might be better if this is connected to the Lodge of the Field- at least that makes it a known factor, instead of some random would-be deity adding itself, on top of all the other things we're trying to juggle. And hopefully the local forest deity is at least aware that something is wrong, even if she hasn't pinpointed the cause. Maybe we can see if we can figure out the rites to draw her assistance with this possible interloper- most deities don't like competition on their home turf..."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"And good deities especially do not care for evil ones mucking about in their territories...." she said in agreement as she made her way through the brush to where the camper was and told her pokemon to remain hidden in the underbrush as she made her approach.

Being careful was an understatement here.... she thought to herself.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lilly does feel Abnoba's presence, although it is weaker than it should be....

As Amy comes closer, she notices that it's not just one person, but six people sitting in a circle, singing. They all look like a cross between hippies and rugged back-to-nature types. Two women, four men.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl extended her senses slightly, looking for the tell-tale sign of 'wolf among other things. Which given the situation would not be unusual at all. Them being werewolves at least. Her main issue was at the moment whether they were in harm's way or the cause of the would-be harm itself.

ooc
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=260592 perception 21
Force Sensitivity: Accurate Mental [Force] Sense, Danger Sense, Force Awareness, Ranged Detect Alignment (Darkside/Lightside), Detect Force disturbance, ranged 2.
Tongues: Comprehend languages all, Animals All, Spirits (communicate, linked detect spirits 2)
Switching between the two as needed.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

*Hello? Abnoba?* Lilly thinks through her Divine senses. *Can you hear me? We have found what might be an evil force void wolf-like proto-deity, maybe the Lodge of the Field if that means anything to you?* She tries to 'think' an impression of where they are to Abnoba.

[OOC: Not sure how much luck she's have talking to Abnoba at a random point in the woods, but she has spoken to her before, and has Divine Awareness and lots of Comprehend, including Spirits, so hopefully that will work?]

Then she turns her senses to keeping track of Amy, ready to leap in and get her out should she need it...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Amy feels the Force void hovering above the group while they are all deeply Darkside-aligned.
And yes, they do not exactly feel like Weidner but there is something similar....

' There is evil....woods....Power....waning. Spirits....wrong...unrest...' Abnoba seems to try and answer to Lilly, but the voice is faint and distorted...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl frowned. "They're 'wolves I think, different from the Wiedners and darksiders for sure. " Amy mind-sent to the other three women. "Alot of 'wolves aren't exactly 'nice', but they aren't necessarily Lodge either so I can't make any assumptions here. Least not until I make contact and they try to eat me." she sent dryly.

She deliberately made noise as she "stumbled" into the clearing, looking a bit confused as she focused on the group. "Oh hi!" she said brightly. "Name's Amy."

Nobody ever said she wasn't bold.
Childish and impulsive sometimes, but she was bold.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

*Well, Abnoba's presence here is weak, and she says her power is waning, the spirits are wrong and there is evil in the woods, so watch out!* Lilly sends over the mental link to Amy, also passing this on to Adelth and Viv by conventional speech.

*Abnoba, is there anything I can do to help you?* she sends to the deity. *Lend you my strength in some manner? Or anything else?*
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"Kinda figured that with the Force Void guy above us. Did I mention, Force Voids are bad news?" Amy sent back to the as she smiled at the group in front of her. "Hi, I got kinda lost hiking." she said, shamelessly reading their minds, looking to see if they were just 'wolves that were there for the meeting or Lodge types seeking to disrupt it.

ooc
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 6, subtle

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The "campers" stop their singing and look at her. " Hello there", one of the men says, speaking with a very distinct Polish accent. " I am Mikolaj. Haven't seen any other hikers around here. Where were you headed?" He smiles...but it does not quite reach his eyes.

Abnoba does not respond to Lilly's question, having either fallen silent or something is 'jamming' the divine signal.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"I'm a bit of a pokemon trainer here and was looking for some fire pokemon actually." she said brightly, gesturing to her pokeballs. "I was trying to get back to town and got a bit turned around." she shrugged, doing her best to look like a noob trainer. "Name's Amy by the way." She said getting a bit closer, still reading their minds.

ooc
Mind reading: 15 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=260623
Mind reading 26 using LP to reroll http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=260624

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Po-ke-mon...", he mutters, rolling the word around in his mouth as if to taste it. " We have not seen any. But the woods are dangerous around here. You should not be on your own." The others nod.
And in their minds, Amy sees that she is only seconds away from being torn to shreds. They desire to eat humans to feed their totem. And a lonely wanderer is perfect.

Meanwhile, Lilly, Viv and Adeleth can hear a voice behind them.
" Meow what do we have here? Hrrrrm...a grrrroup of errrrant knights? A couple of centurrries too late for that, I'm afrrrraid..."
The voice seems to come from somewhere up in the trees.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Adeleth draws a weapon and points it upward as she shift into insubstanial form. (Subtle 2 so she doesn't look any different than before.) She's looking for the source of the voice.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly is surprised and alarmed that despite her enhanced hearing something has been able to sneak up on her to this extent, and turns slowly towards where she thinks the voice is coming from [OOC: Accurate Hearing, Extended - 1; is the voice talking in any particular language?].

On the other hand at this point she is focusing her attention more on Amy off in the distance, ready to teleport in for a rescue if need be, and so is not giving her surroundings and the new voice her full scrutiny...