The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)

Viv didn't want to speak, to interject as an outsider- she wanted to let the werewolves conduct their own business. But she could support the Weidners more subtly- and she set to work doing so. In fact, given the primal nature of some of these people, things like stance, body language, and position might be just as valuable as speech. No need to say "I agree" or so on, when you could show it, by giving a particular speaker more of you attention- even a subtle gesture like a well-timed nod...

The phone, bricked as it was, went into a pocket for later- at this point between the phone, the drone debris, and the various laptops they had collected, there were going to need a whole Ministry tech TEAM to handle all the evidence...

>OOC: As before, Aid Persuasion for Rudi. Skill Mastery Persuasion and Teamwork for +5, Animal empathy active so that her social skills work even on the wolfiest of the bunch.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" So....you want us to do what? Become...civilized?" another were asks sharply, stepping forward. He is one of Malar's followers.
" Most of us already are civilized", Rudi responds. " But yes, in a way. I want to move away from small packs that are alone out there, struggling against a world that fears us and enemies that want to wipe us out."
" And what, then, is the price? Give up what makes us...us? Rip out our teeth and claws? Forgo the hunt?", the man asks, then turns to the others. " He's just someone new who promises safety if we only give up our freedoms!"
There are some approving mumblings among the gathered.
" Freedom?" Rudi asks. " How free are the victims of our bites? How free the newly afflicted? You talk of freedom but you only mean yours."
" The bitten either learn to be one with the beast or they die. That's nature! Evolution, as they call it here! It made us strong! But you...he is asking us to neuter ourselves! And what's next? When we are all just fat slobs living in nice houses, begging for scraps from humanity's table...from OUR PREY? Will you be happy then?" The Malarite has raised his voice but never to the level of shouting.
Still, the tension is rising.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

She sighed. "I'm just a kid with no real play in this, but even I can see you guys need to get organized somehow. Otherwise something really bad will come down the pipeline and pick you all off one by one while you're at each other's throats. We learned that real early back home in Alaska." she said softly and calmly, keeping her voice low, to steal the tension and the energy from the air as best as she could. It was a tricky business, knowing when to interject, when to keep quiet. She just hoped it would help a little. "Domestication doesn't have to be a part of it, but you need to coordinate with each other somehow."

ooc
Persuasion 19 aid Rudi, https://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup. ... lid=278737
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Adeleth rolls her eyes.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"More or less, ask yourself, what do you get from organizing, verses not organizing or coordinating?" she shrugged.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Perhaps you should look at it the other way about?" suggests Lilly. "Not what you gain by organising but what you might lose by not organising."

"If you all come from what were different worlds before this Merge thing happened, maybe werewolves were the most powerful creatures in those worlds, so you could get away with hunting humans and doing what you liked. There was nothing they could seriously do to stop you. But you're not in those worlds any more. This Merged world has all sorts of powerful beings. Magic. Super powers. Super technology. Gods. All kinds of things. Do you want to have all those different powers working to stop you? Take you down one group at a time? When there are probably more of them than there are of you? What if you could work with them instead as a united front? It might go better for everyone but especially for you..."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The man growls at the agents. " Who are you to speak up? You are not one of us!"
" They are friends and thus under the laws of hospitality", Rudi interjects.
" They are prey!" the Malarite snarls.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl looks at the Malarite. "I've faced scarier and lived." she smiled without humor. "To be honest, you don't really rate on my scary levels. My fright levels include fighting De Rais in a place that spawned a Caller in Darkness due to it's own ambience." Amy shook her head. "Not to mention being dropped on Venus and being hunted by Predators and their pet dinos. After surviving that, this is pretty nice actually." her smile morphed into something more humorous.

"Do you know how I survived? I was in an organized group. Most of the rest of the people who got kidnapped outside of our group where pretty much eaten and or put on a wall as a trophy because they didn't organize themselves. We fought De Rais and his Nazi friends as an organized group." she shrugged. "Basically what I've also found out through my own mis-adventures is, we're all prey to something. Standing together, we feast, not them. Standing together, we aren't the prey. They are."

She shrugged. "I can even show you the memories if you're interested."

ooc
Malarites are supposed to be fairly protective of kids.
Malarites believed that it was an honor to Malar to make one's killing bloody and long. His followers sometimes formed in bands, called "Hunts". While forbidden to slay the young or the pregnant, Hunts typically followed his dogma and evoked wanton slaughter in Malar's name

I'd think that'd shock even him. Just by her scent alone, they could also probably tell that she's being serious and is completely unafraid of them, which given the fact that she is a 15 year old kid, would give her story even more credence.

persuasion aid Rudi 21 https://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup. ... lid=278808
Last edited by kirinke on Sun May 14, 2023 1:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"I come from dire Apokalips," comments Lilly seriously. "Do you know one of the things that is not allowed in that dark hellhole? Any organisation other than ones that owe fealty to grim Darkseid himself. Even such humble organisations as families are forbidden. And if even He fears the results of allowing organisations that he does not control then I would say that is a solid argument for such organisations."

She glances around and up a little nervously as if expected Darkseid or his minions to strike her down for her words, but clearly stands by them.

"Also, if you would disregard the rules of hospitality that you have presumably agreed to as part of coming to this moot, how can you expect to be trusted in anything else you might agree to?" asks Lilly, still serious.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

Amy touched Lilly's shoulder, in a gesture of comfort, knowing the other girl was still grappling with her past and the horrors it contained. "Easy there." she said softly.

"In any case. As I've said. We're all prey here to something. As an organized group, you can turn the hunt around to your favor instead of falling to whatever is hunting you. You can also more effectively network with other groups who have different strengths and weaknesses that your enemies aren't prepared for. You have a greater voice as one group in the political sphere as well, then as a bunch of smaller groups fighting each other or ignoring each other at best." she shrugged. "Your choice of course, I'm just a kid. What do I know?" she grinned a little, clearly playing her group's equivalent of the Ragabash role to the hilt.

ooc
Even if she isn't a wolf, she is playing the Ragabash role and as a child, she is perfect for it.
https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Ragabash

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The Malarite glares at you all, slightly baring his teeth. But before he can respond, Rudi interjects.
" Tell me, brother...if you are so offended by my notion of a unified werewolf nation...why haven't you challenged me yet? I bet you'd fare better than the boy."
The Malarite growls. " Do you have a death wish, then?"
Rudi shakes his head. " No. But all this posturing...it's not exactly what your clergy is famous for." He pauses, then, more softly, continues, " Could it be that you know I'm right? That maybe you just wanted to save face so you can tell your flock that you were against this but got roped into it?"
The other man glares but has fallen silent.
" Your objections are noted. And the followers of Malar will be welcome...but there will be rules", Rudi continues. " If the moral aspects of them rankle you, try and see them as pragmatic solutions. This is a world where silver bullets can be mass-produced, after all."
He looks the other man directly in the eye...and after a few tense moments of staring, the Malarite turns his head away. Slowly, the tension leaves the clearing, for now...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
The girl fell back, noticeably following the unspoken order of the adults in the room so to speak and returned to keeping an eye on the woods and the gathered wolves. To Viv, Adeleth, Lilly and the Weidners she nodded to the unconscious Talbot wolf. "What do we do with him?" she asked quietly. "With the tainted food and the military drone, I think maybe our spook friends are back."

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

kirinke wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:56 am Amy touched Lilly's shoulder, in a gesture of comfort, knowing the other girl was still grappling with her past and the horrors it contained. "Easy there." she said softly.
Lilly looks a bit surprised when Amy does this, then gives her a nod.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)

At Amy's inquiry, Viv glanced down at the Talbot-wolfling. "Bind him and roll him into a corner for now- he is now threat for the time being. Once we are done here we can bring him back to town and turn him in to the local authorities. We will just have to hope that they won't be able to get another surveillance drone into place right away." She paused, looking around at the rest of the group briefly. "Good job all, but we're not done. Let's get back to work."

>OOC: Nothing meaningful to add at this stage.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
She nodded as she got some cuffs and bound him hand and foot. She then ordered Ren to keep an eye on the werewolf. "If he looks like he's waking up, let us know." she told the mouse pokemon who nodded and assumed an alert position near him.

Amy considered. "I'll keep an eye for those weird living drone things. They pop up on my senses. No promises and I know the wolves can smell them. She looked at the Weidners. "Maybe you could let some wolves you trust to help patrol the area for them? It'd be a help and give them some practical experience in cooperation."

ooc
perception 11... https://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup. ... lid=279240 My rolls are sucking like a black hole right now. Sigh... Well at least she did say "no promises".

Battle Init