The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: then it's to notice his reaction when Viv mentions the ministry.)
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The darkside presence is lessening, though it is not completely gone. Beowulf has some dark side taint to him, but only slightly more than normal people.

Beowulf has no divinity about him, according to Lilly's senses. He is mortal. The spirits, however, are slightly more active now...are they...are they cheering?

Beowulf smirks as Hagen's name is mentioned. " Still at it, huh? Thought the Ministry had crashed and burned already. Well, good for him. Not that it'll help much in the long run. World's become too chaotic. There's no controlling it. Best to just go with the flow and carry a big weapon."

Beowulf, aka Arnulf Staller, is an empowered Native with a healing factor (significant but nowhere near Wolverine levels. Broken bones take him about 10-24 hours to fully heal) and physical fitness at about the level of a Captain America - straddling the line between human peak and low superhuman levels. He's a self-styled monster hunter and is known to relish getting into fights a bit too much. He's been convicted of reckless endangerment and there is at least one murder case pending. The main reason he is not in jail is because the legal status of human/monster hybrids is not yet fully determined.
He's 32 and used to be a fitness instructor. Legally, he is still married, but he and his husband Hannes Staller are separated.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
She studied Beowulf and shook her head ruefully, more to herself, she really couldn't throw stones about his personal darkness, considering her own. After all, she was a Grey-sider. "The darkside around here is lessening, so I think we got here in time." she frowned. "Those particular wolves need to be taken care of. They'll "recruit" more to their pack and start over again and having their totem fully manifest in the world is a very, very bad idea for everyone."

She patted Alma on the head as she came near. "Can't argue with you much. But it's steady pay, health insurance, offers some protection from the nitwits and Hagen is a much better employer than some. Not to mention, we still get to do what we do best with all of that. I came from Salmon Creek Alaska. If you're not a were, or empowered in some way, having a big gun or a pokemon by your side is justified survival." she shook her head. "Hell, where I'm from, there's no such thing as overkill. Most of us back home have a combination. Mine's empowered and pokemon." she grinned again with more than a hint of ruefulness. "I haven't tried the Silver claw before, so I didn't know how it'd work. It was kinda a shot in the dark, literally. I'm going to have to teach Alma and Ren Iron Tail."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Beowulf shrugs. " Actually, I'm not that big a fan of guns. I prefer this." With a practiced motion, he reaches behind himself and produces a silvered battleaxe. " Much more fun to get up close and personal. But I couldn't just let them fillet you."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"Thanks, I can appreciate that. I personally don't care to end up as a wolf's dinner. For some reason, most folks I team up with don't want me to handle guns, so I use the knives as a clutch. Mostly, my job is to Force blast it, heal it or yap at it and if that doesn't work, I improvise." she grinned, enjoying the shop talk and knew the reason why folks didn't like her handling guns. Kids and guns did not mix well generally for most folks. But hey, she had her own equivalent built in and by her side. "I might have to save up for a pair of good short swords. I don't think I have the build for axe work." she considered. "Even if you don't want to work for the Ministry full time, you can always be a contractor, like I do for the DXDO. It's decent, honest pay and they don't try to stiff you or turn you into a stiff after you do the job."

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye
Hero Points: 0; Current Condition: Fatigued

"Well, the local spirits certainly seem to have perked up," comments Lilly. "I did not realise the spirits could ... cheer?!"
Neo-Paladin wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:58 am Beowulf smirks as Hagen's name is mentioned. " Still at it, huh? Thought the Ministry had crashed and burned already. Well, good for him. Not that it'll help much in the long run. World's become too chaotic. There's no controlling it. Best to just go with the flow and carry a big weapon."
"You may think that," Lilly tells him. "Some of us may disagree, however. But regardless, thank you for your intervention. Saved us some trouble!"
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)

Viv grinned cheerfully enough- while Beowulf's methods were very much against her personally non-violent nature, his assistance had been perhaps quite literally "life-saving" . "Indeed, as Amy said, if you don't want to sign on full-time, we might see about some contracting. In fact, once we're through here, perhaps you might like to meet us in town and discuss a few things, if you're likely to be around for a few days. But at the moment, immediate matters do press a bit. Amy, Lilly, Adeleth- we seem to have broken up their little campfire ritual. Do we want to go after the rest? Or drag this lot back for processing and regroup?" Then she turned in the direction of their feline co-combatant. "Thank you for your very timely help as well. Hopefully we've managed to make Abnoba a bit happier, a bit more at peace..."

>OOC: So how many werewolves are actually down? We did get the Alpha, right? And how many got away?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"They're pure darkside, evil and their evil can spread like a cancer both in this realm and in the spirit realm. Like Black Spirals my Uncle Alan told me about, but worse in their way. The spirits of the people they eat fuel their totem. If we brought them in, they could escape and most certainly could influence people around them and make more wolves like them easily enough. Me? I'd kill them, burn the bodies and sow the ashes with salt before scattering them." she said soberly. "You can't reason with that kind of evil." she shook her head. "I don't think the closest town is equipped to deal with 'wolves like this." she sighed. "I don't like it, I mean, I really, really don't, but sometimes really bad things like that need to be put down." she said. "I mean, weres who take care not to be nuisances and hurt people are one thing, these wolves are not that and don't want to be that.

ooc
https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Lodge_of_the_Field

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The Alpha is dead and one of the other wolves got killed by Beowulf. Another got hit in the shoulder by a bullet but managed to flee, as did the others
" Wouldn't mind comparing notes", Beowulf says, " these things are not the only weres out there at the moment. But I guess that's why you're here as well, right? The big meetup they're going to have?" He smirks and runs a thumb over the blade of his axe.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Yeah, we're here to actually make it go relatively smoothly. But the chances of something going haywire are pretty high as this situation can attest. Them getting organized sure as hell beats somebody really nasty taking advantage of them. We don't need that either. Leastways, that's the gist of the government's stance. Viv can explain it better." she considered. "Trouble's going to come knocking and there probably is going to be a fight or five with something that has long teeth, claws or both. Wanna tag along for giggles? I can also attest that I at least get into trouble right regularly and with this group, that's even more the case. You'll have plenty of fun. We've already had to shoo off a foreign spy squad in addition to this."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Well, I did come here to slay myself a were or two, so...sure, why not? I expect the meeting to devolve into bloodshed anyway, with or without your...intervention", Beowulf says, stepping towards the body of the Alpha and using his axe to remove the monster's head.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

She sighed and nodded. "It's rather expected. Even the one's organizing it have made for that contingency. Our job is mainly to stop outside groups from screwing with it. Like these chuckleheads." she nodded to the decapitated wolf. "So yeah, vampires, other undead, rogue wolf groups with axes to grind, nations with an interest in stopping this for whatever reason. The list goes on and on. You'll get a chance to indulge in violence no matter what." she said as she handed him the rag she used to clean her own knife with, so he could clean his axe up.

ooc
I'd think, unless you knew her well, her behavior both during a fight and after would be rather odd for a 15 year old girl faced with 9foot plus tall murder machines wanting to do horrible things to her and then eat her....

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

He quickly cleans his axe. " Not sure if they're the only Lodge wolves. In Poland, they're supposed to be thousands strong, at least according to the books. They don't get everything right, though. Haven't read anything about them doing these biometal stunts here."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"There's different kinds. This group is part of just one faction." She scowled. "It's complicated and I hate complicated." She sighed again. "With the Merge, there's no telling what's been combined, altered or otherwise changed."

Amy shook herself. "In any case, let's radio this in and let Hagen deal with the other two wolves, unless you feel like chopping their heads off. I won't stop you if you do." she said dryly.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye
Hero Points: 0; Current Condition: Fatigued

"Oh yes," says Lilly as a though occurs. "If I might..."

And unless Beowulf objects, she opens the jaw of the alpha wolf's head and rummages around in its throat for the silver knuckledusters she and Amy rammed in there. If she finds them she pulls them out with an 'ah-ha!', shakes off any blood and gore, and puts them back on.

If she can't find them in the head she tries the rest of the body...

"As long as you are not intending to kill all of the werewolves here, only the ones interfering, i'm sure your help would be welcome," Lilly says as she does this.