The DCEU - Where did it all go wrong?

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Woodclaw

Re: The DCEU - Where did it all go wrong?

Post by Woodclaw »

Ares wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:13 am https://twitter.com/zacksnyder/status/1 ... 41?lang=en

Zack: "You said you enjoyed the theatrical cut of Justice League like you enjoy your Saturday morning cartoons… Well this is made for grownups, so you’re not in the demographic."

And Zack just continues to prove my initial point.
I'm trying to wrap my head around this quote.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Woodclaw wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:18 pm
Ares wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:13 am https://twitter.com/zacksnyder/status/1 ... 41?lang=en

Zack: "You said you enjoyed the theatrical cut of Justice League like you enjoy your Saturday morning cartoons… Well this is made for grownups, so you’re not in the demographic."

And Zack just continues to prove my initial point.
I'm trying to wrap my head around this quote.
Don't. Trying wrap your mind around something that broken is just going to result in you cutting yourself on all the jagged edges.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
NoOneofConsequence

Post by NoOneofConsequence »

I'm expecting to see an announcement about Justice League 2, in which they fight zombie robots.
What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)
Jack of Spades

Post by Jack of Spades »

NoOneofConsequence wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:10 am I'm expecting to see an announcement about Justice League 2, in which they fight zombie robots.
But in a serious and socially relevant way.
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
NoOneofConsequence

Post by NoOneofConsequence »

Jack of Spades wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:34 pm
NoOneofConsequence wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:10 am I'm expecting to see an announcement about Justice League 2, in which they fight zombie robots.
But in a serious and socially relevant way.
Batman's daughter will insist on joining the mission and will be allowed to for ... reasons?
What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)
Post-Human Resources

Post by Post-Human Resources »

I was just coming here to say "What d'you mean *go* wrong? It *started* wrong, with Man Of Steel" but we all said that already. Instead, I'll point out that Zack Snyder's work on Watchmen was already terrible misinterpretation of the point. Getting rid of the giant squid as a supposed scout of an alien invasion in favour of having Dr Manhattan, *the symbol of the power of the US military* be the one responsible for attacks across the globe (including the US, but nobody's going to be calm enough to care in the Kremlin) just makes a mockery of the very idea that Ozymandius could ever think that his plan would bring about world peace (even if it hadn't been dismantled anyway by the simple unpredictability of man, when Rorshach drops off his journal of proof to newspaper publishers).
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

So someone did an edit of Zack's comments about "living in a dream world", juxtaposing them against Manchester Black saying something similar to Superman. Only for Superman to hit back with his speech about how dreams save us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35ybm49JD4Q

I said it over on the Discord, but I'll say it again: Heroes are real Zack. There are people I admire who have never betrayed anyone, who stuck to their principles, who made a positive impact on other peoples lives, who never stole or did any of the other things you cite. Desmond Doss. Fred Rogers. Jim Butcher. My dad. Maybe you just need to pick better heroes? Maybe you're the one who needs to wake up? Because it doesn't sound like I'm living in a dream world, it sounds like you're living in some self-imposed nightmare.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.