Solar's Build Thread - The In-Between-Updates Update!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MarvelLion

Re: Solar's Build Thread - Boku no VILLAIN Academia Update

Post by MarvelLion »

Nice job with Lady Cougar! I mean…Lady Nagant. …
Anyway! I agree about her characterization and fight with Deku, both were done excellently. I especially liked that we got to see another Pro who was trained by the Hero Public Works Commission, and how she went sort of the opposite direction as Hawks. I’m glad that she survived, and hope that she gets to do more in the series soon. I think it would be cool to see her and Snipe work together, too.

Also, good work with the Humarise cultists! I’m always impressed with how you do huge groups of minor characters like that. I would never have the patience for it. As for World Heroes’ Mission, are you planning on building Big Red Dot and Salaam?

Regardless, as always, I look forward to the next one!
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Ares wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:10 am I kind of wish they'd done something different for the Humanrise Acolytes instead of just being quirk users who are fully on board with supporting an ideology that will see all of them killed. I know there are plenty of religions that foster that kind of blind loyalty and self-destructive attitudes, but it still seems a bit too simple.

I think it would have been okay if the leader of Humanrise was a Quirk User who saw quirks as an abomination, maybe with a mini-boss squad of acolytes who were devoted to him and also had quirks. But it'd be cool if the humans had some other way to fight the heroes. We've seen the world has giant robots, so piloted mecha wouldn't be out of the question. A drug that could temporarily give them quirks (at the cost of severe withdrawal symptoms) could also be an interesting twist, showing how Humanrise are hypocrites willing gain the things they hate to destroy Quirk Users.

Anything buy "well, these guys just happen to have quirks and are on board with their own genocide ".
Absolutely agreed. I think I briefly talked about it during my rant on the movie, but I think they majorly tossed away a great opportunity to introduce quirkless antagonists, since that's something we haven't had anywhere in the main series, and could have been incredibly interesting to see a group of bad guys who relies entirely on support items and tactics to fight on equal terms with the heroes.
MarvelLion wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:38 am Nice job with Lady Cougar! I mean…Lady Nagant. …
Anyway! I agree about her characterization and fight with Deku, both were done excellently. I especially liked that we got to see another Pro who was trained by the Hero Public Works Commission, and how she went sort of the opposite direction as Hawks. I’m glad that she survived, and hope that she gets to do more in the series soon. I think it would be cool to see her and Snipe work together, too.

Also, good work with the Humarise cultists! I’m always impressed with how you do huge groups of minor characters like that. I would never have the patience for it. As for World Heroes’ Mission, are you planning on building Big Red Dot and Salaam?

Regardless, as always, I look forward to the next one!
Thanks, dude. : D

I plan on posting builds for the movie heroes at some point while posting the civilians and other people from the series I still haven't posted, after I'm done with the villains (which is to say, after literally the next post, LOL). That will also give me an opportunity to go over the characters who were introduced after I finished posting the heroes and sidekicks originally and stuff, like Star and Stripe and Eel Boy (who was already in the series back then, I guess, just unnamed and I completely forgot about him, LOL).
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

Very cool!
SolarOracle

Dictator

Post by SolarOracle »

Dictator

Identity: Unknown.
Height: Unknown.
Weight: Unknown.
Eyes: Black.
Hair: Seemingly none.
Skin: Fair.
Quirk Type: Emitter.
Group: None.
Base of Operations: Japan.

Power Level 7 - 80 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 1, Agility 0, Fighting 3, Awareness 1
Stamina 2, Dexterity 2, Intellect 2, Presence 1

Powers
Quirk - Despot

Ranged Affliction 7 (Dazed/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Multiattack) (Flaws: Limited to body). [14]

Advantages
Close Attack, Ranged Attack 3

Skills
Deception 4
(+5 total).
Expertise (Criminal) 7 (+9 total).
Insight 4 (+5 total).
Perception 3 (+4 total).
Persuasion 4 (+5 total).
Ranged Combat (Despot) 2 (+7 total).

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed
+4, close damage 1.
Despot +7, ranged affliction (Dazed/Compelled/Controlled), Will DC 17.

Defense
Dodge 11, Fortitude 6, Parry 9, Toughness 2, Will 5

Complications

Threads: Dictator’s quirk works by him extending threads from his body to his targets. It can be assumed his control of his targets would be lost if the associated threads were to be cut. His quirk also stops working if someone under his influence experiences mild shock or if Dictator himself is incapacitated.

24 Abilities, 14 Powers, 4 Advantages, 12 Skills, 26 Defenses = 80 Character Points

About: Dictator is a cunning and dangerous villain who was freed from Tartarus by All For One, looking like a strange hunched man with a constant wide grin and a large, round eyes. His quirk, Despot, allows him to extend black threads of a fabric-like substance from his hunched back to his targets, whom he then becomes able to puppeteer however he wants, a power that is very fitting for his cunning and opportunistic nature, which he uses by forcing the people around him to encircle him as a human shield and have civilians charge the heroes he faces, so they are forced to either surrender or harm civilians.

In the story, Dictator appears very briefly, encountering an extremely exhausted Deku during the Tartarus Escapees arc, who spent the last few sleepless days fighting off and capturing other villains who were broken out of Tartarus, like Lady Nagant and Jailbreaker. Prepared to a face-off with the heroes, Dictator has surrounded himself with several civilians in a plaza at the Kamino ward, making it a difficult fight for Deku, as he doesn't want to hurt any civilians.

As Dictator's victims start charging at Deku, scared and begging him for forgiveness and mercy, and yelling that is not their fault, the hero doesn't know how to react and stays still while being surrounded and grappled, overwhelmed by the situation and how exhausted and emotianaly depleted due to the constant and seemingly endless battles against escaped villains of the last few days. Just as he is about to be captured by Dictator, however, Bakugo appears flying in from the air, accompanied by thee other 1-A students, as he takes Dictator down from above with his AP Shot super move, allowing for Dictator to be quickly incapacitated and his victims freed, and leading to the UA students to start the effort to take Deku back home with them so he can finally rest with their help.

Dictator looks pretty interesting, both in terms of what he can do and how he looks, serving his role in the story pretty well and leading you as a reader to want to see more about him. He was said to have previously had an encounter with the pro hero Crust which was named "The Bloodless Surrender Case," which isn't really elaborated on, but lead to his original imprisonment in Tartarus, and also served to show that Crust was somewhat of a big deal while he was still alive.

Buildwise, he's fairly low PL, since he was defeated in a single attack by Bakugo, with his real threat coming from his quirk and the hostages he can take. All in all, he'd be a really interesting encounter in an actual M&M campaign.

Outfits: Dictator wears a large black coat which covers his hunched back and covers almost his entire body.
SolarOracle

A Lil' Assortment of Non-Builded Characters, Yet Again

Post by SolarOracle »

Like we usually do whenever I finish a set of characters, let's go over the ones I couldn't stat out for a reason or another. This time, I'm honestly pretty sure I messed up here somewhere and forgot to take note of one villain or group or another, so this might be slightly incomplete, sorry in advance if that's the case.

Toxic Chainsaw

About: A villain who is mentioned only, Toxic Chainsaw is brought up when All Might first shows his injuries and missing organs to Midoriya waaaaay back on the first chapter. After All Might gives Midoriya the timespan of when his injuries occurred, Midoriya asks him if it was during his fight with Toxic Chainsaw, with All Might noting that Midoriya must be an especially dedicated fan to know the exact timeline of fights he participated in, but correcting him and saying that it was on a different combat, which is later explained as it having been against All For One. The only thing we know about Toxic Chainsaw aside from that is artwork of him Horikoshi provided in the omakes. Didn't build him because we don't know shit about him.

Innsmouth's Crew

About: In the anime-only Selkie episode from season 2, we are introduced to the smuggler villain Innsmouth and his crews, whom he calls his brothers. Similarly to Innsmouth's octopus quirk, these guys seem to have some kind of squid quirk. Ddin't build them due to we not really seeing them in battle or anything, and not having any information on how their quirks work, as it could just be an aesthetical thing as far as we know.

Team Reservoir Dogs

About: A small group of villains we get to briefly see, Team Reservoir Dogs is quartet of criminals, all of whom are themed and named after a color, an obvious and very cute reference to a certain Tarantino movie. We get to see them briefly at the end of the Hero Killer arc, where we see the team robbing a convenience store and getting away, before running into Overhaul, who uses his quirk to defeat them. Later, when they are found the authorities, now reassemble, they notice that all their health conditions have been cured, giving them a hint on the nature of Overhaul's quirk. Didn't build any of them since we don't know any of their quirks.

Yellow

About: The first member of Team Reservoir Dogs we see, Yellow seems to be the dumb muscle of the team, being the one to steal the cash registry from the shop during their heist, with his enormous strength allowing him to not only steal the registry but the entire counter it was on.

Red

About: The second member of Team Reservoir Dogs, Red was responsible for taking down the pro hero who tries to stop their heist, sneak attacking him with a pipe to knock him out while the rest of the team continued their escape.

Blue

About: Another Team Reservoir Dogs member, Blue is one of the guys waiting by their getaway vehicle so the rest of the crew can escape safely after their heist.

Green

About: The final Team Reservoir Dogs member, Green is also waiting by the car to help with their getaway.

Random Alleyway Thugs

About: Appearing in the same chapter as Team Reservoir Dogs, we see a bunch of random thugs in an alleyway Dabi was walking by, as he says they aren't worthy of joining the League of Villains and proceeds to easily burn them down. Didn't build them because, honestly, any generic PL 3 thug build could be used to represent them, especially since we don't see any quirk or anything. My Yakuza Thugs build would work for these guys, in case you somehow need stats for them.

Glutton God Gang

About: A small and weak group of villains we see right after the end of the Paranormal Liberation Front arc, the Glutton God Gang is a team that is presumably lead by someone called Glutton God, who seems to have some kind of... food manipulation quirk, maybe? They are shown spreading havoc and taking advantage of the chaotic state of society after the Paranormal Liberation War by attacking random pedestrians and looting nearby stores, until a passing-by Best Jeanist immediately and easily takes them down. Didn't build them because of how little we are shown of them.

Random Villains on Chapter 311

About: Another group of villains who are shown taking advantage of the lack of structure All For One's Tartarus breakout brought on, using special guns to rob and loot random stores. They are easily dispatched by Eandeavor. Didn't build them also for lack of info on them.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

OK, and with that, we are finally through with all the main series villains! Guess I can change the thread name back now!

Considering we are still in the middle of the final arc, it's not impossible that I might have to edit out some villain builds due to them getting power ups (the last few chapters have shown Dabi doing some new super moves and powering himself up even further, so I might have to bump up his offensive PL) and the possibility of new villains showing up still existing. If we come to that, I'll make sure to add them at some point during the next build set.

Next up, we'll go through a category I'm calling "others," which is to say, any build that didn't fit with students, heroes, sidekicks or villains. That includes civilians, police, government workers, the family of members of the main cast, a bunch of superpowered children, heroes who were introduced after I was finished with the hero builds and a little blurb on each previous One For All user. Since quite a few of these will end up as non-builds, I think it might be better to do those posts as they appear in chronological order instead of just slapping them all at the end like I did with the previous categories. We'll see.
MarvelLion

Re: Solar's Build Thread - Boku no Hero Academia Update

Post by MarvelLion »

Nice job with Dictator. I really wish we could have heard more about his history with Crust, mainly because I thought Crust was really cool and I wanted to know more about it. Who knows, maybe we’ll get something more in the future, along with SOMETHING about Yoroi Musha. I’m not holding my breath, though.
I also like your overview of the villains who appeared very briefly. Though, like Crust, I would like to know at least a little bit more about Toxic Chainsaw. All we got was that he “landed some hits,” but that he couldn’t injure All Might. Maybe that means he was pretty fast? Who knows.
But again, good job, and I’m looking forward to your overview of the civilians, police, government workers, etc.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

(I hope y’all have seen Aqua Teen Hunger Force, or else this joke won’t land and I’ll feel like an ass, hahaha)

Chicken, arise!

Arise, chicken!
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Whew... Sure took my sweet time with this break, sorry. Once again, videogames are to blame. : P

Anyways, the thread is back, now hopefully at full speed again! The next batch is the civilians we see throughout the series, quite a few of whom are one-off characters without much to talk about, so a few of these posts will be a bit boring, so please bear with me for a bit. Thankfully, a few others are pretty interesting characters I have a bit to talk about, so hey, hopefully those will spark some degree of discussion!

With all that out of the way, onto the posts!
MarvelLion wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:05 am (I hope y’all have seen Aqua Teen Hunger Force, or else this joke won’t land and I’ll feel like an ass, hahaha)

Chicken, arise!

Arise, chicken!
Ask and you shall receive!

Though just like the Ultra Mega Chicken, I've arrived quite a bit later than expected, LOL.
SolarOracle

Civilians

Post by SolarOracle »

In the Boku no Hero universe, where super powers are commonplace, being a civilian is somehow surprisingly similar to how it is in the real world, with the advances in technology and the ban on the unlicensed usage of quirks being a big factor for that, with only pro heroes being allowed to regularly use their quirks while patrolling or fighting villains.

Meanwhile, regular civilians are not allowed to use their quirks under normal circumstances, with the exception of when they or others are in immediate danger. They also need to register their quirk with the government as it develops. Despite this legislation, it seems that minor infractions of quirk restriction laws are generally overlooked, like someone using their quirk to facilitate a chore at home or demonstrating it to others in small harmless ways. It's also possible that legislation only applies to public spaces. Also, it is implied that the usage of quirks while under the supervision of pro heroes or other licensed people is something that is allowed.

In the cases of people with dangerous quirks they don't have much control over, or of mutant quirks that are always active that could prove difficult for normal life, the advanced technologies of the support item industry, especially the seemingly very profitable lifestyle department of it, allow for the purchase of items that can help with quirk control, like Aoyama's Sparkle Belt for example.

In most elementary schools, quirk council is a regular part of their curriculum, so children learn to have control over their quirks as they are first manifesting, which facilitates in maintaining quirk restriction laws.
SolarOracle

Tsubasa

Post by SolarOracle »

Tsubasa

Identity: Unknown. Last name Tsubasa.
Eyes: Unknown.
Hair: Brown.
Quirk Type: Unknown, seemingly mutant.
Group: Bakugo’s friend group.
Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, Musutafu City.

Power Level 0 - -25.5 Character Points

Abilities
Strength -2, Agility -2, Fighting -1, Awareness -2
Stamina -1, Dexterity -2, Intellect -2, Presence -2

Powers
Quirk - Wings

Flight 1 (Flaws: Winged). [1]

Advantages
None.

Skills
Athletics 1
(-1 total).
Deception 1 (-1 total).
Persuasion 1 (-1 total).

Offense
Initiative -2
Unarmed
-1, close damage -2.

Defense
Dodge -2, Fortitude -1, Parry -1, Toughness -1, Will -2

Complications

Young Child
: Tsubasa is a small child who can easily be lifted by a person with average strength.

-28 Abilities, 1 Powers, 0 Advantages, 1.5 Skills, 0 Defenses = -25.5 Character Points

About: One of the first characters to appear in the series and one of Bakugo and Midoriya's friends from elementary school together with the Strechy Fingers kid, Tsubasa is a chubby kid who helped Bakugo to bully Midoriya after he didn't develop a quirk, as the whole group quickly started to pick on him... Man, children fucking suck. His unnamed quirk, which I called Wings, grants him a pair of red tattered dragon-like wings he can use to fly.

He is the grandson of Dr. Tsubasa, the doctor who diagnosed Midoriya as being quirkless, and who's been heavily implied to have been Dr. Garaki, All For One's right hand man, all along. After the flashback showing the boys in their elementary school years, Tsubasa is never seen again, being replaced by the boy with the Strechy Eyes quirk in Bakugo's friend group by the time we see them in middle school.

It's been heavily implied by Horikoshi in the omakes that Tsubasa was used by his grandfather on his experiments, being altered into the Winged Nomu we see during the Hero Killer arc, as the nomu went straight for Midoriya for seemingly no reason, which is pretty tragic.

The tragedy of Tsubasa always intrigued me, with how messed up him being a victim of human experimentation by his own grandfather is and all. I know that it isn't really that relevant to the story or anything, but I think Bakugo or Midoriya bringing up at some point that Tsubasa went missing (which, now that I think about it, holy shit, that must have messed them up pretty bad, LOL) would have helped sell the whole thing of the Winged Nomu being him better, though, admittedly, I can't really imagine any point for that to have been brought up in a natural way or anything.

Outfits: Tsubasa was shown wearing a white tanktop, green shorts and a pair of wooden sandals.
SolarOracle

The Luminescent Baby

Post by SolarOracle »

The Luminescent Baby

Identity: Unknown.
Eyes: Unknown.
Hair: Blonde.
Quirk Type: Mutant.
Group: None.
Base of Operations: China, Qing Qing City.

Power Level 0 - -63 Character Points

Abilities
Strength -4, Agility -4, Fighting -4, Awareness -4
Stamina -4, Dexterity -4, Intellect -4, Presence -4

Powers
Quirk - Luminescence

Environment 1 (30 ft.) (Light) (Flaws: Permanent). [1]

Advantages
None.

Skills
None.

Offense
Initiative -4
Unarmed -4, close damage -4.

Defense
Dodge -4, Fortitude -4, Parry -4, Toughness -4, Will -4

Complications

Disabled: Baby
: As a newborn baby, the luminescent baby can barely move, probably even having difficulty crawling around. They can easily be lifted up by others due to how light they are, with characters attempting a grab against them being considered as having Improved Grab and Improved Hold when doing so.

-64 Abilities, 1 Powers, 0 Advantages, 0 Skills, 0 Defenses = -63 Character Points

About: A really long time ago, in the city of Qing Qing in China, a luminescent baby was born, the very first person with a meta ability, dawning the age of superpowers upon the world. Their unnamed quirk, which I'm calling Luminescence, makes their whole body emit bright light,

Not much is known about the baby as a person, or what kind of life they lived, though it can be easily assumed that they were persecuted, considering what we are later told about the early days of meta abilities and Destro's story. The luminescent baby is mostly brought up in the context of the story more as a symbol for the emergence of quirks, since they were the very first quirk user. An exemple of this is Humarise having a big statue of them in their base, where we're shown them pointing lances at it as part of their religious rituals and such, using them as a symbol of the ill of quirk society.

Not much more I got to say about them, honestly, since we know basically nothing about them. I remember a lot of people theorizing that Hagakure might be a descendant of the luminescent baby, since her quirk is also light-related, which I always found really funny with how unfounded it is as a theory.

I did this build assuming their quirk is constantly active, and not something they can turn on and off at will, though maybe as they grew up they gained better control of it? I don't know. Also, I'd just like to take a minute to point out that this is effectively a PL -4 build, and that it is for sure the cheapest build I'll EVER do, at -63 points! I don't know, that feels like a really, really dumb accomplishment, LOL.

Outfits: The luminescent baby is shown wearing some kind of light colored hanfu or kimono, or some other kind of tunic. I don't really know the difference between them.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

All glory to the glowing baby!
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

Luminescent Baby! The OG himself!
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

Light babby!

BEHOLD

He glo!
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.