Solar's Build Thread - The In-Between-Updates Update!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
SolarOracle

Gentle Criminal

Post by SolarOracle »

Couldn't find the source for this fanart, sorry.
Fanart by Sarieu45459

Gentle Criminal

Identity: Tobita Danjuro, Public Identity.
Height: 1.81 meters.
Weight: Unknown.
Eyes: Blue.
Hair: White.
Skin: Fair.
Quirk Type: Emitter.
Group: None. Works alongside La Brava.
Base of Operations: Japan.

Power Level 8 - 154 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 1, Agility 3, Fighting 5, Awareness 2
Stamina 3, Dexterity 2, Intellect 1, Presence 3

Powers
Quirk - Elasticity
Elastify Objects
: 71 Point Array. (57) -- [63]
  • Dynamic AE: Transform (Anything into Elastic Form) 14 (3 tons) (Extras: Dynamic, Extended Duration - Continuous) (Flaws: Permanent). (57)
  • Dynamic AE: Super Move! - Gently Trampoline: Transform (Anything into Elastic Form) 8 (120 Kgs or 200 Lbs.) (Extras: Dynamic, Extended Duration - Continuous) (Flaws: Permanent), Close Area (60 Ft. Cone) Move Object 8 (Flaws: Dynamic, Limited to Upwards, Limited to Grounded Targets). (38)
  • Dynamic AE: Super Move! - Gently Rebound: Transform (Anything into Elastic Form) 2 (2 Kgs or 3 Lbs.) (Extras: Dynamic, Extended Duration - Continuous) (Flaws: Permanent), linked to Deflect 8 (Extras: Dynamic). (18)
  • AE: Super Move! - Gently Sandwich: Damage 5, linked to Affliction 5 (Hindered/Prone) (Flaws: Limited Degree). (7.5)
Elastic Air: Leaping 2 (30 ft.) (Extras: Affects Others, Feature - May be used in midair). [5]

Advantages
Close Combat 3, Defensive Roll 2, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action

Skills
Acrobatics 6
(+9 total).
Athletics 2 (+3 total).
Deception 4 (+7 total).
Expertise (YouTuber) 4 (+5 total).
Insight 2 (+4 total).
Perception 4 (+6 total).
Persuasion 4 (+7 total).
Sleight of Hand 3 (+5 total).
Stealth 5 (+8 total).

Offense
Initiative +7
Unarmed
+8, close damage 1.
Gently Sandwich +8, close damage 5, close affliction (Hindered/Prone), Dodge DC 15.

Defense
Dodge 11, Fortitude 6, Parry 11, Toughness 3/5*, Will 6
*5 with defensive roll.

Complications

Obsession: Relevance and Fame: Most of all, Tobita fears being forgotten by the world and making no impact, and decided to become the Gentle Criminal and film himself committing crimes in an attempt to gain infamy and notoriety, though that is yet to work out.

Tea Lover: Tobita loves a good cup of tea, drinking it every day and frequenting tea houses and shops, and is always excited to discuss it with others, to the point of putting his plan at risk because someone recognized the high class brand of tea he had mentioned.

Temporary Transformations: Despite him not needing to make any conscious effort to maintain the elasticity of objects he used his quirk on, Tobita’s quirk lasts a limited amount of time, with objects slowly becoming less elastic until they return to their normal consistency.

Exploitable Quirk: Due to the lasting duration of his quirk, especially perceptive opponents can use Tobita’s powers in their favor, like seeing where he turned air elastic when leaping around and use that as a platform, or using places that were made elastic to bounce their ranged attacks, effectively granting them the Ricochet extra. Doing so requires a Perception check with a DC determined by the DM.

Relationship: La Brava: Tobita is aware of his assistant’s feelings for him and is very thankful for what she has done for his dream, treating her as an equal in his schemes and always stating how much he appreciates her, even deciding to do as much as possible to protect her after their eventual arrest despite it incriminating him more, as he does not wish her to waste her life away like he has. Despite her feelings, Gentle treats her in a more familial way than anything else, however, being more of a guardian, friend and protector than having a romantic relationship with her.

"The Thinner the Sandwich, the Classier It Is": Genlte Criminal dislikes using his Gently Sandwich super move due to seeing it as unrefined, and will avoid using it unless he has no other choice.

40 Abilities, 68 Powers, 8 Advantages, 17 Skills, 21 Defenses = 154 Character Points

About: Gentle Criminal is a villain with an eloquent and sophisticated persona who records and uploads all his crimes to the internet, seeking to become an infamous and revered villain whose name is known by all. His quirk, Elasticity, allows him to turn any object he touches, including things like air, elastic and bouncy, a technique he uses for both mobility, by turning surfaces bouncy and leaping around, and defensively, by creating barriers through elastic air to bounce back incoming attacks.

During his teenage years, before becoming a villain, Tobita was a hero student at a common high school, struggling with his grades and having had to repeat years multiple times despite his school being considered one of the easiest hero schools in the country, as well as having failed his Provisional License exam four times, being told by his guidance counselor to consider dropping out and trying another career instead, and that he perhaps just wasn't cut out for being a pro hero. But despite this, Tobita continues to insist he wants to make it as a pro hero and that it is dream he will continue to chase at all costs, a decision that ended up worrying his mother.

A while later, while Tobita was returning from a local tea house, he ended up running into a window cleaner who was about to fall from high up, immediately springing into action and starting his attempt at rescuing the man, a scene that is an obvious parallel to Midoriya running into the flames to save Bakugo in the first chapter. However, Tobita's attempt ends up only harming the man further, as when he turns part of the air elastic to jump towards the falling man and catch him in midair, a pro hero who was at the scene to rescue the window cleaner ends up colliding against the elastic platform and being bounced away, causing the man to be hospitalized and greatly injured due to Tobita's involvement.

This incident caused the police to charge Tobita's family for obstruction of justice, obstructing a pro hero's work and unlicensed quirk usage, and also having his family pay for the hospital fees of the window cleaner, creating an enormous debt for his mother to pay. The incident also attracted a lot of media attention, causing his household to constantly receive phone calls harassing them over what Tobita did. His school, in response to this, also expelled him from the hero course, a series of events that put too much pressure on his family and resulted in his mom kicking him out, with Tobita not really having anywhere to go.

Several years later, Tobita had completely forgotten about his dream of being a pro hero, living in a run down apartment and having to forage for food. One day, he ends up running into one of his high school friends, Takeshita, on the streets, now a pro hero who is greatly respected and admired, and ran up to him to say hello. However, the pro hero didn't recognize Tobita, looking at him with an embarrassed look and asking him what his name was again, making Tobita realize that the world had continued to move on while he was left behind to be forgotten, as an unimportant person who didn't manage to accomplish anything, causing Tobita to return home and grab a book on the history of villainy, deciding that he would make his name known one way or another, even if that meant he had to be a villain, creating the persona of the Gentle Criminal.

Gentle started his attempt at villainy by recording himself committing small crimes he considered righteous in some way, as he portrayed himself as a more heroic Robin Hood-esche figure, who committed crimes against an unjust society in the name of the good of the people, and posting it online in an attempt to get as much attention as possible. However, his videos barely managed to get attention, having only a few dozen views despite months going by, as Gentle wasn't very good at editing and computers in general, making it so his videos barely got any attention (which is also probably a good thing, since without him masking his IP in any way, the police would have very easily tracked him down).

One day, a young woman named Aiba Manami knocked on his door, telling him she had seen his videos and was a hu8ge fan, and that she wanted to help him become more famous through her technical skill. Confused, Gentle sat her down and asked her about her life, learning that she had been living as a shut in after being made fun off in high school after confessing to a boy from there, greatly depressed and without having any purpose in her life, spending all her time in her computer, and that she had become obsessed with Gentle after watching his videos and wanted to help him, running away from her home to do so.

Maybe due to sympathizing with Aiba's life story, Gentle decided to accept her help, perhaps even seeing a bit of himself in her, knowing the frustration of being cast aside by others and being forced to live in reclusion, having her take charge of filming and editing his videos, and occasionally using her quirk to assist Gentle Criminal, which considerably enhanced his strength and allowed him to deal with more serious threats, like groups of pro heroes and the like. Gentle also insisted on Aiba having a code name, as she was an important part of his plans, stating that he relied on her as much as she was relying on him in an attempt to cheer her up, giving her the villain name of La Brava.

La Brava would encrypt the videos in an attempt to wipe away any trace of their location from them, and would often delete their channel and reupload everything in a new channel to make it even more difficult to track them. However, despite all this and the quality of their content being now much greater than before, Gentle was still failing to attract the notoriety, fame and fanbase he wanted, only really getting comments ridiculing them and calling Gentle Criminal out on his progressively more absurd justifications for his crimes, like robbing a convenience store because he felt they failed to properly address the fact that some of the puddings they were selling had expired. All this backlash made Gentle decide he needed to attempt a more complicated crime to get the attention he wanted, starting his plan to invade UA High School during their school festival, justifying it as it being something that would make UA take security more seriously and inspire the students to try even harder.

He starts implementing his plan during the UA School Festival arc, where he and La Brava wore disguises and went to a nearby tea house to complete their pre-crime ritual of always drinking a tea appropriate for their mission, in this case, a high class tea known as the gold tips imperial, before making their way towards UA, where La Brava was going to hack their security system so they would be able to invade the festival. As they were making their way out of the tea house, however, they ended up running into Midoriya, who apologized for almost crashing into them, with Gentle stating that he had "almost ruined the aftertaste of the gold tips imperial!"

Recognizing the tea due to Yaoyorozu having shared some tea of that type with his classmates earlier that week, Midoriya commented that the building nearby is probably a tea house, leading Gentle to approach the boy and commending him for his knowledge of tea, which made Midoriya deduce who Gentle Criminal was and how he was planning to invade the festival, having seen one of his videos by coincidence earlier, giving Gentle and La Brava no choice but to fight off against Midoriya, as La Brava started rolling the camera and Gentle prepared for battle.

During the fight, Midoriya repeatedly pleaded with Gentle for him to give up on his plan, as it would lead to the festival being cancelled and his class not being able to do their performance, an event Midoriya believed would help in healing Eri's heart, but Gentle retorted that he had no other choice, as he told Midoriya his life story, and that despite sympathizing with Midoriya, he had to do it for his name to finally be remembered. Gentle used his quirk during the fight to jump around in midair to avoid Midoriya's hits, but as the boy had just finished training his Air Pressure attacks, he was still able to attack Gentle.

The fight eventually culminated with the three landing in UA grounds, as Gentle held Midoriya back with La Brava's quirk and told her to make a run for it to invade their security system, but eventually Midoriya managed to take Gentle Criminal down, stating that he had been his toughest opponent because he was an opponent Midoriya could understand. The villain realized the futility of his plan, as the UA staff had already taken notice of him, and used the last of his strength to push Midoriya away so the staff wouldn't realize they had been fighting so the festival wouldn't be cancelled and told La Brava to make a run for it, hoping that he could at least avoid her getting into trouble, but she ran towards him and hugged him instead. As Ectoplasm and Hound Dog arrived at the scene, Gentle looked at them and said he was turning himself in.

As Gentle is taken in for questioning, he insists that despite La Brava's involvement with his crimes, it wouldn't be fair to hold her as responsible as him, as she was only indirectly involved, and even tried to lie to protect her, insisting he had brainwashed her and forced her to assist against her will, but the detective calls out his bluff, saying that it is easy to tell when someone has been brainwashed and that they had already interviewed her, and that they knew she was simply just extremely devoted to him. As the questioning comes to an end, however, the detective tells Gentle Criminal that not everyone gets a second chance at life, but that if he worked really hard on it, perhaps he would be able to one day, bringing the villain to tears and foreshadowing him perhaps trying to become a pro hero again one day.

Gentle is an awesome character, serving as a parallel to Midoriya in a very interesting way, serving as more of an emotional challenge than a physical or mental one, being pretty much a representation of where Midoriya would have been if things didn't work out for him like they did. His quirk is also pretty awesome, especially with the creative ways Gentle uses it, like turning the air itself elastic. I really hope Gentle gets a chance to show up again before the end of the series, even if only as a post-story "where are they now?" sorta deal. I always really liked the fan theory that him and La Brava would end up as sidekicks to Midoriya after he opened up a hero agency, as it would kind of bring their arc full circle with Midoriya finally getting a chance to help them and all that, but I find it kind of improbable all in all.

Gentle has a few super moves; His Gently Rebound, where he turns a portion of the air in front of him elastic to bounce incoming attacks away; Gently Trampoline, where he turns the floor in front of him elastic to bounce his targets upwards; And his Gently Sandwich, where he piles up many layers of elastic air on top of his target to damage them and weigh them down, but that is a move he dislikes using due to seeing it as unelegant.

Buildwise, Gentle ended up with a pretty high PL due to how agile and apt at avoiding Midoriya's attacks he was shown as being. I also considered buying La Brava for him using Sidekick or Minion ranks, and if a player was building Gentle as their character and wanted to do so, I would absolutely allow that, but in the context of posting these, that felt a bit weird, IDK. His transform rank ended up pretty high, since he is shown able to turn large objects elastic, like a whole convenience store or heavy construction beams. His Gently Trampoline move was kind of annoying to figure out, as I was originally planning on doing it as a Leaping with Attack, but then realized that by RAW, that would probably still allow the target to decide the movement. I ended up doing it as a Move Object effect after Shock and FuzzyBoots recommended doing it like that in the Echoes Discord server, so thanks for that! : D

Outfits: On his daily life, Tobita wears elegant and high class-like clothing, like social shoes and pants and a suit vest. His villain costume is a large suit-like dark purple jacket with coat tails and an extremely high collar, poofy pinstriped white social pants, a purple scarf, purple gloves with large white cuffs, a pair of brown social shoes and a white cane with a golden tip.
MarvelLion

Re: Solar's Build Thread - Boku no VILLAIN Academia Update

Post by MarvelLion »

I gotta' say, while you always do a great job on your builds, I think you've done an especially fantastic job with Gentle! I tried statting him out before, but I really couldn't decide how to do his Quirk, and I think you nailed it!

I love Gentle for the reasons you stated. Like I mentioned back with Best Jeanist, I think Gentle is a character who could easily just be seen as goofy and ridiculous, but his backstory and conviction make him sympathetic and cool, as well as his interaction with Midoriya. I had actually never heard the theory about him and La Brava becoming sidekicks to Deku later on, I had always assumed they would end up working for the Hero Public Works Commission like Hawks. I have to say, though, that I think the idea of them being official sidekicks for Deku is a much cooler idea, and I hope that ends up being the case. Regardless, I do want to see them return sometime in the future.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Apparently part of Gentle's design was based on Flash Rogue The Trickster ...

... and I can see it, the high collar and coat mimicking the cape, the stripes, the eye marks for the domino mask, etc.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Ares wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:53 am Apparently part of Gentle's design was based on Flash Rogue The Trickster ...

... and I can see it, the high collar and coat mimicking the cape, the stripes, the eye marks for the domino mask, etc.
That makes a lot of sense. I always felt like he was a homage to the silver age goofy villain archetype, with the very very gimmicky theme and seemingly stupid power and all that.
SolarOracle

La Brava

Post by SolarOracle »

La Brava

Identity: Aiba Manami, Public Identity.
Height: 1.11 meters.
Weight: Unknown.
Eyes: Pink.
Hair: Red.
Skin: Fair.
Quirk Type: Emitter.
Group: None. Works alongside Gentle Criminal.
Base of Operations: Japan.

Power Level 3 (PL 6 Hacker) - 146 Character Points

Abilities
Strength -1, Agility 1, Fighting 2, Awareness 2
Stamina 1, Dexterity 0, Intellect 2, Presence 1

Powers
Quirk - Love
Super Move! - Lover Mode
: (Flaws: Limited to Once per Day, Limited to the Person User Loves the Most). [100]
Perception Range Enhanced Strength 4 (Extras: Affects Others Only). (32)
Perception Range Enhanced Stamina 4 (Extras: Affects Others Only). (32)
Perception Range Enhanced Agility 4 (Extras: Affects Others Only). (32)
Perception Range Enhanced Fighting 4 (Extras: Affects Others Only). (32)
Perception Range Enhanced Advantages 6 (Evasion 2, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Takedown 2) (Extras: Affects Others Only). (18)
Perception Range Speed 6 (250 Km/H or 120 Mph) (Extras: Affects Others Only). (18)

Support Item - Camera: (Flaws: Easily Removable). [2]
Feature 2: Records audio and video. (2)

Advantages
Evasion, Skill Mastery (Technology)

Skills
Athletics 2
(+1 total).
Acrobatics 6 (+7 total).
Deception 3 (+4 total).
Expertise (Video Editing) 4 (+6 total).
Insight 3 (+5 total).
Perception 4 (+6 total).
Persuasion 3 (+4 total).
Stealth 4 (+5 total).
Technology 14 (+16 total) (Flaws: Limited to computers and hacking).

Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed
+2, close damage -1.

Defense
Dodge 3, Fortitude 3, Parry 5, Toughness 1, Will 4

Complications

Obsessive: Possibly due to her quirk, Aiba becomes extremely obsessed with those she falls in love with, to the point of stalking them and even using her hacking skills to find out the address of her beloved, and seems to fall in love with others very easily.

Motivation: Gentle’s Dream: Due to her obsession with Tobita, Aiba is more than willing to do whatever it takes to help Gentle Criminal gain notoriety and fame, filming, editing and assisting on his schemes, and using her skills as a hacker to encrypt their uploads as much as possible so they are difficult to track down.

Child Sized: Aiba has a very small stature, and can easily be picked up and carried by a common adult.

Relationship: Gentle Criminal: Aiba has an obsessive love towards Tobita, having run away from her home to be able to meet and help him. Despite this, their relationship isn’t really romantic despite Gentle being aware of how she feels, being more a friend and mentor trying to guide her to a better life than the one he had than anything else.

16 Abilities, 102 Powers, 2 Advantages, 17 Skills, 9 Defenses = 146 Character Points

About: Gentle Criminal's helper, responsible for filming, editing and uploading all his videos, La Brava is an emotive and cheerful young woman who is extremely small. Her quirk, Love, increases the physical ability of whoever she loves the most up to ten times whenever she professes her love to them, a power Gentle keeps secret to use as a trump card if he's ever in a difficult fight.

Back when she was still in middle school, Aiba wrote a long and detailed love letter to a boy she had fallen in love with, but due to how obsessive her love was, possibly as a result of her quirk, she only ended up scaring him off instead, having had stalked him and going into way too much detail in the letter. This resulted in the boy making fun of her to his friends and completely breaking her heart, causing her to presumably dropout of school and become completely shut in her room, doing nothing other than use her computer to watch videos all day.

Years later, when Aiba was 19, this had progressed to the point she was considering suicide, feeling like she had completely wasted her life and was nothing but a burden. One day, she ended up stumbling on a video by Gentle Criminal, where he was discoursing about his goals and ambitions, and to Aiba's surprise, she ended up being completely captivated by the man, immediately falling in love with him and deciding to run away from home to meet up with him and offer her help with the technical aspects of his channel, hacking his computer to find out his address.

After surprising Gentle by suddenly showing up on his door, the villain ended up being touched by Aiba's life story and decided to accept her help, greatly increasing the quality of his content and finally giving Aiba a sense of purpose. As she continued assisting him, Gentle gave Aiba the villain name of La Brava, in an attempt to cheer her up, telling her that they were in this as a group and that she was as important as him in their schemes.

During the UA School Festival arc, as Gentle started his plan and ended up getting in a fight with Midoriya, La Brava followed the pair and filmed their fight on Gentle's orders, telling nearby civilians that they were filming a movie to dissuade them from calling other pro heroes. When they arrived at UA, La Brava used her quirk on Gentle to allow him to escape from Midoriya's grip, running off to start hacking the UA security network while her partner held Midoriya back, but ended up realizing it was too late, seeing that Hound Dog and Ectoplasm were already on the scene looking for the invaders on campus, running back to Gentle.

As the villain told her to run away so he could surrender without involving her, in an attempt to save her from being arrested, La Brava refused and chose to run towards Gentle and hug him, saying that there was no purpose to her escaping without him as she didn't see a life without being by his side, awaiting the arrival of the pro heroes and their inevitable capture.

As the pair is taken in for questioning, Gentle still tries to avoid having La Brava take any of the blame, insisting he had kidnapped her, brainwashed her and forced the woman to help him against her will, but the police easily see through his lie. When they are reviewing the evidence and questioning La Brava, they are impressed by the programs she had coded and her hacking ability, asking her why she didn't instead apply her skill into helping to make the world a better place to which she replies by saying she doesn't care about any of that and only wanted to use her abilities to help her beloved, and takes full responsibility for all she had done, this being the last we see of her in the series, making it unclear if she is currently arrested or not.

La Brava is a fun character paired when paired with Gentle, with her energetic and child-like personality complementing Gentle's, like, tryhard gentleman act in a really fun way. Her design is probably inspired by the trend of "moe" anime, where characters usually have a childlike and cutesy design, which thematically fits well with her quirk.

La Brava has a single named super move, her Lover Mode, which is what she calls her quirk activation. When it's active, Gentle is much stronger, able to keep up with the likes of Midoriya.

For her build, La Brava has an extremely low PL, comparable to a common mook, as she typically doesn't get involved in fights, staying away and filming Gentle Criminal. Her quirk, however, is able to increase his Power Level by 4, being extremely powerful, but having pretty limited usage. She also has a slightly higher PL when it comes to computer stuff and hacking, since she is comparable to international experts on it by the police's reaction to her programs.

About: Aiba's civilian clothes tend to be cutesy and elaborate, like a shirt with poofy shoulders, a long skirt and her heart-shaped earrings, also accessorizing with many arm bangles. Her villain costume is a black bodysuit with vertical pink circles for detailing, a pair of poofy pinstriped white pants and black tall boots. In addition, she wears a large white bowtie, a pair of pink heart shaped earrings, a pair of very large belts with a heart design that she wears on her torso that look similar to a corset, and a pair of frilly white gloves with cuffs.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

<takes notes>
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
squirrelly-sama

Post by squirrelly-sama »

La Brava's small stature is something rather commonly seen in characters in MHA. There is of course Mineta, but also Grand Torino in his old age, Captain Celebrety's wife Pamela, Recovery Girl, and other background characters sometimes. Her name is also interesting due to the the amount of meaning it manages to convey.

La Brava's name is also something that packs a lot of meaning. Her real name of Manami Aiba is a hint of her character and quirk, Manami translating to something along the lines of "Precious Loved One" or "Affectionate Love", with Aiba translating to "Mutual Love" or "Partner". Her costumed name of La Brava has a dual meaning as well, the obvious being the feminine form of Bravo which is a cheer but also being pronounced in japanese as "Rabu-Raba" which sounds like "Love Lover".
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

squirrelly-sama wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:57 am Her costumed name of La Brava has a dual meaning as well, the obvious being the feminine form of Bravo which is a cheer but also being pronounced in japanese as "Rabu-Raba" which sounds like "Love Lover".
Fun fact about this, back when the UA Festival Arc was starting out in the manga way back when, the scanlation I was reading actually had her name as "Lovelover," so I was really confused when the official translations came out and had her name as La Brava, LOL.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

Wanted to pop in and say that I just saw World Heroes' Mission and loved it!
I'd like to hear your thoughts on it as well, Solar. I hope you're doing well, and that the builds resume soon.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

MarvelLion wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:45 pm Wanted to pop in and say that I just saw World Heroes' Mission and loved it!
I'd like to hear your thoughts on it as well, Solar.
Still haven't had a chance to watch it, sadly, save from some clips of it here and there and discussions on the plot of it and stuff. I'm looking forward to watching it!
MarvelLion wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:45 pm I hope you're doing well, and that the builds resume soon.
Thanks my man! Hope you're doing well too. Currently midway through the Meta Liberation Army builds, and after those guys, not many more main series villains, except for some one offs here and there, so I should be back to posting relatively soon. : D
SolarOracle

Re: Chargebolt

Post by SolarOracle »

SolarOracle wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:46 pm OK, so, it is VERY likelly that Kaminari is a spy sent by the villains to spy on the school. There is, like, piles of evidence that points to that (him commenting that Stain, the Hero Killer, seemed "kind of cool", him having left his bed the night before the villains attacked during the Training Camp arc, him making the Paranormal Liberation Army secret hand sign when he was practicing giving interviews during their training with Midnight are some of the most damning evidence), so, if (let's be honest here, WHEN) this gets confirmed in the manga, I'll redo his builds, adding a "Pre-Retcon" and "Post-Retcon" thing on them.
Welp, this didn't age well, I guess...
MarvelLion

Re: Chargebolt

Post by MarvelLion »

SolarOracle wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:47 am
SolarOracle wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:46 pm OK, so, it is VERY likelly that Kaminari is a spy sent by the villains to spy on the school. There is, like, piles of evidence that points to that (him commenting that Stain, the Hero Killer, seemed "kind of cool", him having left his bed the night before the villains attacked during the Training Camp arc, him making the Paranormal Liberation Army secret hand sign when he was practicing giving interviews during their training with Midnight are some of the most damning evidence), so, if (let's be honest here, WHEN) this gets confirmed in the manga, I'll redo his builds, adding a "Pre-Retcon" and "Post-Retcon" thing on them.
Welp, this didn't age well, I guess...
Yeah, I'm a little disappointed that this theory never went anywhere. After reading about it, I was convinced.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Yet another plot twist today, one that makes even more sense.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

Ares wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:01 pm Yet another plot twist today, one that makes even more sense.
Yeah, it really does. And yet, I was completely surprised by it. Definitely an interesting development!
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

Hope you're doing well, Solar!
Looking forward to your return and future discussions!