J-Mart: Kung Lao, Ken Masters, Captain Carter, John Preston

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Black Swan: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Black Swan: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Black Swan: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Perhaps
Thorpocalypse

Ebony Maw: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

*shudder*...

EBONY MAW
PL14

OPL: 7; SPL: 14; DPL: 12; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 6-3
Weight: 165
Eyes: Blue
Hair: White
Skin: Grey
Race: Unknown
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: The Black Quadrant
Team Affiliations: The Black Order

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 10, AWARENESS 8, PRESENCE 8

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Deception 16 (+24) [Durable Lie, Skill Mastery, Taunt, Ultimate Effort], Expertise [Psychology] 12 (+22), Expertise [Science] 10 (+20), Insight 14 (+22) [Assessment], Intimidation 8 (+16), Perception 10 (+18), Persuasion 16 (+24) [Skill Mastery], Stealth (+2), Technology 10 (+20) Inventor

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Durable Lie*, Extraordinary Effort, Inventor, Skill Mastery (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Speed of Thought*, Taunt, Ultimate Effort (1) (Deception), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Black Tongues: Comprehend 4 (Read, Speak, Understand, Understood in All languages); 8 pts
Mental Seduction: Perception Range Affliction 14 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Cumulative, Effortless, Insidious, Subtle, Flaw: Check Required [Deception], Sense Dependent [Auditory]), Feature 1 (Manifests as black spider in opponent's brain); 59 pts
Maw's Toys: 54 pt Array, Removable (-11 pts); 43 pts
Teleportation Device: Teleport 12 (16 miles/4000 miles; Extra: Change Direction, Easy, Extended, Increased Mass 5 [1600 lbs]); 54 pts
Force Field Generator: Protection 14, Impervious Protection 11; 1 pt
The Unseen Voice: Concealment 10 (All Senses, Flaw: Check Required [Deception]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +2
Special Attack [Mental Seduction Affliction +14, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +2 (+16 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +6, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Spreading chaos and learning secrets.
Responsibility: To Thanos.
Secret: He says he has no powers, but that, like most other things he says, seem to be a lie. So there is no telling what else HE is not telling.

Abilities 82 + Skills 50 (100 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 112 + Defenses 18 = 272 / 272

Build Comments: Ebony Maw is wicked. He was by far my favorite of The Black Order and he was the only one that got any real love in Infinity War/Endgame. Even if he was very little like his comic incarnation.

In the comics, dude was able to possess Doctor Strange. That’s practically impossible game-wise the way I, and others, have him built (+16-18-ish Will seems to be the prevailing range), so you know he’s good. And he seemed to do it through manipulation, not just telepathic power. It was most impressive.

Secret Origins/The Story so Far/Characterization: Ebony Maw is probably the most dangerous of Thanos' lieutenants of the Black Order, not because of his physical power but his mental power. A seducer and manipulator, Ebony Maw is a psychological mastermind. He has genius-level intellect. He mostly demonstrates his intelligence with his highly skilled abilities of manipulation being described as a "black tongue that spreads mischief and evil wherever he goes." Ebony Maw’s skills at manipulation are a result of his superhumanly persuasive voice which allows him to control even the strongest minds such as Doctor Strange.

He also uses technology that specializes in teleportation and force field generation.

Friends and Foes: Thanos and the Black Order. For as long as it serves his interests.
Thorpocalypse

Ebony Maw: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

All beings pray... but who listens... to the prayers of Gods? Behold your legacy. You saw it in their faces. They, the greatest heroes of Earth, who had dug infinite graves for fallen comrades strewn across a burning universe at war, all in futile effort to stop my lord Thanos. In the final moments they realized the great nihilism. The truth. The inherent black. They could not defeat him. Their actions were folly, sound and fury signifying nothing... everything they were and had always been. It meant nothing. And then you, with but a whim, acted... and that was when they were truly afraid. Afraid of you... Thane, son of Thanos. He who had the power to take Death itself in his hand... and imprison it. - Ebony Maw

EBONY MAW
PL10

OPL: 5; SPL: 10; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 6, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Deception 16 (+20) [Skill Mastery, Taunt, Ultimate Effort], Expertise [Psychology] 2 (+12), Insight 6 (+12), Intimidation 3 (+7), Perception 2(+8), Persuasion 12 (+16) [Skill Mastery], Stealth (+2), Technology 7 (+15) Inventor

ADVANTAGES: Extraordinary Effort, Inventor, Skill Mastery (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Taunt, Ultimate Effort (1) (Deception)

POWERS:
Black Tongues: Comprehend 4 (Read, Speak, Understand, Understood in All languages); 8 pts
Mental Seduction: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Insidious, Subtle, Flaw: Check Required [Deception], Sense Dependent [Auditory]), Feature 1 (Manifests as black spider in opponent's brain); 23 pts
Maw's Toys: 24 pt Array, Removable (-5 pts); 19 pts
Teleportation Device: Teleport 4 (500 ft/16 miles; Extra: Change Direction, Easy, Extended, Increased Mass 5 [1600 lbs]); 22 pts
Force Field Generator: Protection 12, Impervious Protection 9; 1 pt
The Unseen Voice: Concealment 10 (All Senses, Flaw: Check Required [Deception]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +2
Special Attack [Mental Seduction Affliction +10, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +2 (+14 with Force Field, +5 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +6, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Spreading chaos and learning secrets.
Responsibility: To Thanos.
Secret: He says he has no powers, but that, like most other things he says, seem to be a lie. So there is no telling what else he is NOT telling.

Abilities 58 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 50 + Defenses 12 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Ebony Maw toughest to fit into PC points and feel right, I see me taking another run at him later.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Ebony Maw: Earth-PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Ebony Maw: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Ebony Maw: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Ebony Maw: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Mayhaps
Thorpocalypse

Thanos: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

It sounds ludicrous, I know, but... Sometimes, I believe I can remember the day I was born. I remember you holding me for the first time and the look of... horror that came over your face. And then you picked up a scalpel and tried to murder me. I'm sorry, mother. I'm sorry they wouldn't let you. - Thanos

THANOS
PL14

OPL: 14; SPL: 12; DPL: 14; FWPL: 13; HP: 1
Height: 8-2
Weight: 1000
Eyes: Red
Hair: None
Skin: Purple
Race: Titanian
Identity: Public
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: The Black Order

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 16, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 11, AWARENESS 8, PRESENCE 8

SKILLS: Athletics (+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception 7 (+15), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 11 (+22), Expertise [Magic] 4 (+15) [Ritualist], Expertise [Science] 11 (+22), Insight 5 (+13), Intimidation 10 (+18/+19), Investigation 2 (+13) [Well-Informed], Perception (+8), Persuasion 5 (+13), Stealth (+2/+0), Technology 11 (+22) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (10) (Wealth, Status, Resources 10 – Mad Titan Cosmic Despot), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Inventor, Power Attack (3) (Cosmic Blast, Long Blades, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (8), Ritualist, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Mad Titan Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Mad Titan Physiology: Protection 1, Impervious Toughness 9, Immunity 12 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep), Feature 2 (Increased Mass 2), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 26 pts
Unreachable by the Hand of Fate: Immunity 2 (Precognition); 2 pts
Cosmic Traveler: Comprehend 3 (Speak, Understand, Understood in all languages); 6 pts
Cosmic Energy Control: 36 pt Array; 39 pts
Cosmic Blast: Ranged Cosmic Energy Damage 17 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2); 36 pts
Cosmic Wave: Cone Area Cosmic Energy Damage 14 (Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Affects Insubstantial 2); 1 pt
Cosmic Fields: Create 17 (Cosmic Energy Shields); 1 pt
Telepathy: Communication 4 (Mental, Worldwide); 1 pt

Thanos Armor: 10 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 8 pts
Body Armor: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 7; 10 pts
Double Bladed Sword: 14 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 8 pts
Double Blade Strike: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Penetrating 12); 14 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +10 [Double Blade Sword +18]
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +16]
Ranged Attack +11 [Cosmic Energy Blast +17; Cosmic Fields Create +17]
Special Attack [Cosmic Wave +14, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +18 (+8 Impervious with Armor, +15 without Armor, +5 Impervious without Armor), Fortitude +14, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Adam Warlock, Drax the Destroyer, most of the universe.
Obsession: Destroying all life.
Relationships: Mistress Death, his true love.

Abilities 136 + Skills 34 (68 ranks) + Advantages 27 + Powers 94 + Defenses 14 = 305 / 305

Build Comments: Thanos for my slightly lower Earth-J217 setting. I also plan on using him in my Earth-PC settings to give the heroes a slim chance against him.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Thanos: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Fools taking up arms against omnipotence. They rush head-on into Armageddon. So I shall provide them with a most glorious doomsday! The heavens will run red with blood. But in the end, as always, Thanos will stand triumphant. - Thanos

THANOS
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 4; DPL: 10; FWPL: 10; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4 [14], STAMINA 12, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics (+4/+14), Deception 1 (+5), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 4 (+10), Insight (+2), Intimidation 6 (+10/+11), Perception (+2), Persuasion 1 (+5), Stealth (+0/-2), Technology 6 (+16) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Status 2 – Mad Titan/Cosmic Despot), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Inventor, Power Attack

POWERS:
Mad Titan Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Mad Titan Physiology: Protection 3, Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Feature 2 (Increased Mass 2), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 18 pts
Unreachable by the Hand of Fate: Immunity 2 (Precognition); 2 pts
Cosmic Energy Control: 28 pt Array; 32 pts
Cosmic Blast: Ranged Cosmic Energy Damage 14; 28 pts
Cosmic Wave: Cone Area Cosmic Energy Damage 10 (Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Affects Insubstantial 2); 1 pt
Cosmic Strength Boost: Enhanced Strength 10; 1 pt
Cosmic Fields: Create 14 (Cosmic Energy Shields); 1 pt
Telepathy: Communication 4 (Mental, Worldwide); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +14]
Ranged Attack +0
Cosmic Energy Control +6 [Cosmic Energy Blast +14; Cosmic Fields Create +14]
Special Attack [Cosmic Wave +10, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +15 (+15 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +12, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Adam Warlock, Drax the Destroyer, most of the universe.
Obsession: Destroying all life.
Relationships: Mistress Death, his true love.

Abilities 60 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 57 + Defenses 12 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Thanos as a PC. You never know when a cosmic villains game will break out.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Thanos: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Thanos: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Eventually
Thorpocalypse

Thanos: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

The Badoon: Multiversal

Post by Thorpocalypse »

BADOON (STANDARD)
PL5

OPL: 5; SPL: -; DPL: 5; FWPL: 3; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+4), Deception (+0), Expertise [Soldier] 4 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 3 (+3), Perception 1 (+2), Persuasion (+0), Stealth (+3), Technology 2 (+3), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (4), Ranged Attack (1)

POWERS:
Badoon Physiology: Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Body Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts
Arsenal: (16 pts)
Autoblaster Pistol: Ranged Multiattack Energy Damage 5; 15 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +2; Knife +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +4 [Autoblasters +5, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +3, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Reputation: The Badoon are well-known for their desire for conflict and conquest and are not liked or trusted by any other races that have encountered them.
Responsibility: To the Badoon empire.
X+Y=Never: The Badoon are split between the war-like males and the pacifist females and only meet to mate.

Abilities 32 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 1 + Defenses 5 = 50 / 50

Build Comments: The Badoon have been a staple of the Cosmic Marvel scene for a long time, basically as fodder for their cosmic heroes to beat down. Or for other cosmic races to have a universe-wide cosmic race to reference for an insult.

I think they were Thanos’ foot soldiers in Infinity, but I never read anything that specifically stated that was them, but I couldn’t figure out who else it could be. But then again, half of Infinity, I didn’t know what the hell was going on, so I’m sure I just missed it.

Secret Origins: The Badoon are older than the Kree and the Skrulls. There was a natural hatred between the two genders, and they fought each other in long gender wars. Eventually, the males won, placing the females in captivity. In time, the males developed technology and abandoned Lotiara, returning only when their mating drive made it necessary. The males became conquerors of worlds, while the females became pacifists, content to remain in peace on their homeworld and ignorant of the males' star-spanning empire.

The Story so Far: Among the Brotherhood's conquest attempts are the Zen Whoberi, and the extra-dimensional world of Polemachus. They have been known to form alliances with the Brood (against the Shi'ar and Earth's superhumans), the Kree (against the Skrulls), and Byrrah of Atlantis. They were also responsible for killing a woman who would have become the universe's greatest peacemaker.

Badoon invasion attempts of Earth have been overcome by the Silver Surfer, Namor, and the New Warriors. They were also opposed by the combined forces of the X-Men, the Fantastic Four and Arkon in order to liberate Arkon's homeworld and prevent an invasion of the Shi'ar empire.

At the time of the Annihilation Wave the Badoon Empire controlled 25% of the Milky Way Galaxy. Despite this, the Badoon are generally considered a minor species. The time traveller Major Victory warned the Guardians of the Galaxy that they need to take the Badoon seriously, as soon they'll become the greatest military threat in the galaxy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BADOON (ENHANCED)
PL8

OPL: 8; SPL: -; DPL: 8; FWPL: 7; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 9, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+7), Deception (+0), Expertise [Soldier] 5 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 8 (+8), Perception (+1), Persuasion (+0), Stealth (+2/+1), Technology 2 (+2), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (4), Improved Grab, Ranged Attack (2)

POWERS:
Massive Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Badoon Physiology: Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Body Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts
Autoblaster Pistol: Ranged Multiattack Energy Damage 5; 15 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +9]
Ranged Attack +4 [Autoblasters +5, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +11, Fortitude +11, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Reputation: The Badoon are well-known for their desire for conflict and conquest and are not liked or trusted by any other races that have encountered them.
X+Y=Never: The Badoon are split between the war-like males and the pacifist females and only meet to mate.

Abilities 48 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 6 + Defenses 8 = 79 / 79

Build Comments: I’ve been reading more comics online, even though I swore I wouldn’t. One of the reasons is the abundance of free offerings from the major publishers, to get you to try it. One of the free ones I read were the Marvel Infinite comic for Gamora that they put up just before the new Marvel NOW relaunch of the GOG book.

In it, Gamora does some major league goon sweeping of the Badoon and for the climax, she has a prolonged fight with a big-ass Badoon that she actually had a hard time putting down. Not having ever seen a Badoon like that, I figure he was either an Andre the Giant-like anomaly or the Badoon are breeding some brutes. I decided for the Thorpacoverse, they are breeding brutes. I might tweak this one a bit since it based on that one appearance, but they’re basically just higher level mooks that can make characters like the GOG work a bit before ultimately winning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MONSTER OF BADOON
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 5; DPL: 10; FWPL: 9; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 14, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6 INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics 1 (+15), Deception (-2), Insight (+0), Intimidation 10 (+8/+10), Perception 3 (+3), Persuasion (-2), Ranged Combat [Blast] 6 (+6), Stealth (+1/-3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Unarmed), Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed)

POWERS:
Monster Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass, Reach [5 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Cyborg Physique: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 13, Senses 1 (Low-light Vision), Immunity 5 (All Environmental Conditions); 21 pts
Wrist Blasters: Ranged Energy Damage 12; 24 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +14]
Ranged Attack +0
Blast +6 [Wrist Blasters +12]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +15 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 44 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 54 + Defenses 10 = 123 / 123

Build Comments: The Monster of Badoon is a nice, big, ugly powerhouse that the Badoon have broken out against some super teams in the past and he recently got a new look in the previous Guardians of the Galaxy series.

Secret Origins: The monster of Badoon is a monster robot of the Brotherhood of the Badoon. They refer to him as the Weapon of Weapons. He is usually used after all other weapons fail to destroy their target. He has immense strength and durability and has fought the Silver Surfer, the Thing and Colossus.

Recently, the Badoon have created several of the Monsters, as well as other enhanced soldiers, in preparation for an as yet unrevealed campaign.