J-Mart: Kung Lao, Ken Masters, Captain Carter, John Preston

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: Granny Goodness, Gilotina, Bernadeth, Lashina

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ares wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:37 pm The Female Furies are such a great idea. Essentially a bunch of evil Valkyries with unique superpowers acting as Darkseid's elite shock troopers / assault team / beat sticks. I was also glad when they started adding additional New Gods to the team, like Gilotina (though giving her swords when her whole power is 'my hands slice through things like they were swords' seems weird). Really, the Furies should have a decently sized roster, allowing to mix and match squads to be a perfect threat to whatever heroes they go up against.

I think I'd also borrow elements of Kirby's Eternals and apply them to the New Gods where they can train themselves to have specific abilities, and maybe even something like the Gods can, at a certain point, bind themselves to different types of energies or concepts as a kind of rite of passage. Orion bonding with the Astro Force, Lightray bonding with light, etc. Like they enter some kind of Source fountain and they're made "The New God of ____" or get chosen by an aspect of the Source that gels with their personality while also being influenced by their parentage. Like Darkseid's potential to wield the Omega Effect could be why Orion can wield the Astro Force, etc.
Good stuff, Ares. That binding themselves to certain entities is a neat concept.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: Mantis, Kanto, Granny Goodness, Gilotina, Bernadeth

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Davies wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:42 am Interestingly, the idea that Benadeth is Desaad's sister slightly contradicts the idea that Desaad was born on New Genesis. (Granted that she could have followed him there, but why?) Since the latter notion first appears as part of a story that Darkseid tells Eclipso, and since the Lord of Apokolips is the definition of an unreliable narrator ...

... or on the other hand, they could be found family rather than blood relatives. What story do you want to tell?
Sigh...Another DC plothole thrust upon my perfect world. ;)

I'll have to mull it over. I think I like the option of having them being raised as siblings with Bernie being from Apokolips and DeSaad being from New Genesis, but I'm not sure.
Thorpocalypse

Mad Harriet: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Perhaps
Thorpocalypse

Mad Harriet: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Stompa: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Which one of you skinny bitches hurt our Granny? - Stompa

STOMPA
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: -; DPL: 10; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 5-9
Weight: 330
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Strawberry Blonde
Skin: Fair
Race: New God
Identity: Public
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Apokolips
Team Affiliations: Female Furies

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+12), Deception (+0), Insight (+1), Intimidation 8 (+8), Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion (+0), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Unarmed), Diehard, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
New God Physiology: Protection 2, Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 4 pts
Immortal: Immunity 2 (Aging, Terrestrial Diseases); 2 pts
Stompa Toughness: Impervious Toughness 7; 7 pts
Furious Leg Strength: Leaping 3 (60 ft), Speed 1 (4 mpn/60 fpr); 4 pts
Anti-Matter Boots: 11 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 9 pts
Stompin': 10 pt Array; 11 pts
Groundstrike: Burst Area Force Damage 10 (Extras: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaws: Limited [Stompa must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 10 pts
Shockwave Stomp: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Limited [Stompa must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +12]
Ranged Attack +2
Special Attack [Groundstomp +10, Burst Area; Shockwave Stomp +10, Burst Area; Special Attack +0, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +12 (+12 without Defensive Roll, +4 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To Darkseid.
Vulnerable: All of the New Gods are vulnerable to Radion.

Abilities 70 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 28 + Defenses 11 = 120 / 120

Build Comments: Stompa is the tank of the Furies. She normally doesn’t get much characterization but most of the time, us larger folk get no love so it’s par for the course. :x

Secret Origins: Stompa was one of the most promising youths in Granny Goodness' orphanage. Because of her strength and ruthless nature, Stompa was trained to become one of the founding members of the Female Furies.

The Story so Far: Proving her loyalty to Granny Goodness, she quickly turned on the former leader of the Furies, Big Barda, and attacked her on Earth. When Big Barda returned to Apokolips, however, Stompa joined her in the infiltration of Section Zero, much to Granny's dismay. Taking refuge on Earth, Stompa and the other Furies aided Mister Miracle in several missions and his work as a stunt performer. Later, they returned to Apokolips and were punished for their betrayal.

The Female Furies were later sent on a mission to retrieve Glorious Godfrey from Earth, and Stompa came into conflict with Suicide Squad. She battled Bronze Tiger, who was unable to hurt her. The Furies were then able to grab Godfrey and leave, but not without Bernadeth betraying Lashina and leaving her for dead on Earth. Stompa was indifferent to the situation between the two Furies, but when Lashina brought the Suicide Squad to Apokolips, Stompa allied with her fellow New Gods. In the ensuing battle, Stompa was defeated by Big Barda. She later resurfaced with the other Furies when they were sent to capture Mister Miracle.
Thorpocalypse

Stompa: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Stompa: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe so
Thorpocalypse

Artemiz: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

ARTEMIZ
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 3; DPL: 10; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 5-9
Weight: 165
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair
Race: New God
Team Affiliations: Female Furies

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+9), Athletics (+6), Deception 4 (+6), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation 4 (+6), Perception 7 (+9), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Bow] 5 (+13), Stealth 3 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack (1) (Bow), All-Out Attack (1) (Bow), Diehard, Eagle Eyes*, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Disarm, Power Attack (1), Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
New God Physiology: Protection 1, Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 3 pts
Immortal: Immunity 2 (Aging, Terrestrial Diseases); 2 pts
Furious Athleticism: Leaping 1 (15 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr); 2 pts
Bow of Artemiz: 22 Traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 10 pts
Artemiz Arrows: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 7 (Extra: Increased Range [50/100/250]); 22 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +6]
Ranged Attack +8
Bow +13 [Artemiz Bow +7, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +7 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To Darkseid.
Vulnerable: All of the New Gods are vulnerable to Radion.

Abilities 76 + Skills 16 (31 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 23 + Defenses 14 = 140 / 140

Build Comments: So I actually forgot Artemiz was a Furie for a while because they didn't use her for a long time, probably to avoid confusion with the Amazon Artemis. But I then I saw her in the New 52 and then she popped up in the DC Super Hero Girls show so I guess they changed their minds.

Secret Origins/The Story so Far: A member of the Female Furies, Granny Goodness' cadre of female warriors, Artemiz is a fierce archer that uses her bow and arrows as a weapon, as well as her cyberpak, Unus, Secondus, and Tertius, a trio of ferocious cybernetic wolves. Artemiz was not one of the original Furies, but rather joined after Lashina was betrayed by Bernadeth and left on Earth. Granny Goodness recruited Artemiz into the Furies to fill the loss. She often bickers with Stompa, but got along well with the other Furies. Her keen senses are often helpful, and the Furies occasionally have her scout the area rather than stay with the team.

During the battle with Suicide Squad, Artemiz battled Nightshade, who defeated her but did not kill her. Granny Goodness, after Nightshade's boasting, told her she should have.
Thorpocalypse

Artemiz: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Artemiz: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Perhaps
Thorpocalypse

Fury: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Do I scare you? - Fury

FURY
PL13

OPL: 13; SPL: -; DPL: 13; FWPL: HP: 1
Height: 6-1
Weight: 150
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Olive
Race: Amazonian New God Hybrid
Identity: Secret
Team Affiliations:

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 13, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+13), Athletics 2 (+15), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+13), Deception (+4), Expertise [Tactics] 5 (+7), Insight (+4), Intimidation 6 (+10), Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion (+4), Stealth (+7), Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (2) (Unarmed, Whip), Benefit (2) (Status 2 – Leader of the Female Furies, Lieutenant to Steppenwolf), Defensive Roll (1), Leadership, Power Attack (2) (Unarmed, Whip), Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Amazonian New God Physique: Feature 1 (Longevity), Senses 2 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]), Immunity 2 (Disease [Limited], Poison [Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 8 pts
Amazonian New God Athletics: Speed 4 (30 mph/500 ft pr), Leaping 5 (250 ft); 9 pts
Apokoliptic Armor: 9 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 7 pts
Body Armor: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 7; 9 pts
Fury Whip: 10 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-4 pts); 6 pts
Whip It Good: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 1 (Extra: Dangerous, Disarming, Grabbing, Reach 5 (25 ft.), Tripping; 10 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +12 [Fury Whip +14, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +13]
Ranged Attack +10

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +13 (+12 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +11, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Mommy Issues: Fury struggles with knowing that her mother is Wonder Woman and is sometimes torn between trying to get to know her and being loyal to Steppenwolf.
Relationships: She is close to, and loyal to the man she sees as her father, Steppenwolf.
Responsibility: To Steppenwolf and the lead the Female Furies.
Rivalry: With her mother, Wonder Woman, as well as Donna Troy, Wonder Girl and Big Barda, who she succeeded as leader of the Female Furies.

Abilities 114 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 30 + Defenses 11 = 182 / 182

Build Comments: Introduced in the DCnU, Fury is the daughter of Steppenwolf and Wonder Woman of Earth-2. I don’t know the specific circumstances, but that’s a pretty interesting concept. I haven’t read anything of her in action, but I liked her look, and since I figured I would be doing pretty much what I wanted with her for the Thorpocaverse, I just rolled on with how figure she should be set up.

She’s a really good warrior, lacking in interaction skills outside of her natural charisma and at times conflicted about what she is and what her mother is. She’s part of my main Earth-T1 continuity since, as I’ve stated before, my Diana needs more challenges.

Secret Origins: Fury is the cloned daughter of Steppenwolf and Wonder Woman, created by DeSaad to be the perfect warrior.

The Story so Far/Characterization/Friends and Foes: Fury was raised to be a warrior from birth and became the leader of the Female Furies once Big Barda escaped Apokolips with her love, Mister Miracle. Fury was one of Steppenwolf and Darkseid’s most loyal warriors until she came into conflict with Superman and Wonder Woman. Superman quickly noticed the resemblance and after cornering DeSaad, he revealed the truth about her parentage.

Steppenwolf set Fury upon Diana to get her to prove her loyalty and Diana held back, allowing Fury to have her position for a killing blow, but for the first time in her life, she couldn’t bring herself to do it. Fury has remained a loyal soldier for her father, but the moments of doubt about her actions have become more frequent. And she has been making secret trips to Earth to observe her mother to try to learn more about her and why she chose the path she did.
Thorpocalypse

Fury: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Fury: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Mayhaps
Thorpocalypse

Grail: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I've been hunting it my whole life. Searching for my tool of vengeance. Suffering through unspeakable horrors. I sacrificed everything to the darkness. All for this. - Grail

GRAIL
PL15

OPL: 15; SPL: 7; DPL: 15; FWPL: 11; HP: 1
Height: 6-4
Weight: 205
Eyes: Red
Skin: Grey
Race: Amazonion/New God Hybrid
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 14, STAMINA 12, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+12), Athletics 3 (+17), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+16), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise [Magic] 6 (+10), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion (+2), Stealth 4 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (2) (Long Blades, Unarmed), Diehard, Favored Foe, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack (2) (Long Blades, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (5), Ritualist, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Amazonian/New God Physique: Senses 2 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]), Immunity 2 (Disease [Limited], Poison [Limited]), Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 9, Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 17 pts
Super Speed: Speed 7 (250 mph/1/2 mpr); 7 pts
Immortal: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support); 11 pts
The Omega Effect: 62 pt Array; 63 pts
Pain Effect: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 17 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Concentration, Dimensional 3, Extended Range 2 [100/250/500], Homing 4, Reversible, Flaw: Activation [Move Action], Limited to two degrees); 62 pts
Destruction Effect: Ranged Cosmic Energy Damage 17 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Dimensional 3, Extended Range 2 [100/250/500], Homing 6, Reversible, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 1 pt

Grail Blade: 8 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-4 pts); 4 pts
Apokoliptic Axe: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 5); 8 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +14 [Grail Blade +16, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +14, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +11 [Omega Effect +17]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +16 [DC26] Parry +16 [DC26]
Toughness +14 (+14 without Defensive Roll, +5 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Daddy Issues: Grail hates and yet somehow strangely loves her father, Darkseid.
Rivalry: With Wonder Woman.
Vulnerable: All New Gods are vulnerable to Radion.

Abilities 124 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 106 + Defenses 19 = 286 / 286

Build Comments: Grail is yet another offspring of Darkseid that was introduced in the Justice League arc where Darkseid was at war with the Anti-Monitor. She originally sided with the Anti-Monitor but ended up helping her father be reborn after his initial defeat. It was weird but kind of a fun arc. At least we got a “real Bat-God” out of it for a little while.

Grail got some serious new villain stink in that arc, taking out most of the Justice League on her own and getting some wins over Wonder Woman, setting them up for good rivalry. I statted her to be Diana’s equal since there are few female characters that are a real physical challenge for her. I did not make her Omega Effect as strong as her father’s, even though hers destroyed Diana’s bracelets when Darkseid’s never have. Felt like a GM Fiat to me.

Secret Origins: At the same time as the birth of Diana to Hippolyta, the Amazonian assassin Myrina gave birth to the daughter of Darkseid in secret, aided by Penelope and watched by the oracle Menalippe. Upon the birth of the young girl, Grail was defended by her mother from Penelope, who heard of the prophecy from Menalippe of the destruction that would be caused by the girl when she grew. After murdering Menalippe, Myrina fled Themyscira, bringing her daughter with her as the first Amazons to leave the island.

The Story so Far: Grail finally arrived to Earth through a dimensional portal and was quick to ravage the Justice League, nearly killing them all until another Amazon arrived to fight her but proved to be no match for her, easily defeating her. She also defeated Green Lantern and Power Ring, and used the energy of the latter's ring summon the Anti-Monitor to their world.

She welcomed the destroyer to their universe before re engaging in battle against Wonder Woman, a fight that was interrupted by Metron who arrived to teleport the Justice League away from her and the Anti-God. She then proceeded to summon her father to their world, and once he and his armies arrived, both her and the Anti-Monitor charged against the forces of Apokolips.

The war started, she fought and blinded her brother until Diana once again clashed against her, trading blows until her father summoned the Black Racer to aid him, only to be taken and controlled by the Anti-Monitor who turned the weapon against him and ultimately destroyed Darkseid for good.

After her father's death Grail witnessed the Anti-Monitor slowly expel the Anti-Life Equation from himself in order to become Mobius again, to which she seized the opportunity to take the Equation for herself, claiming death is too good for Darkseid. She began searching for the first man to step foot in Themyscira, Steve Trevor, and dragged him to her presence in order to fuse him with the Anti-Life Equation, transforming him into her mind slave.

Returning to the battlefield, she commanded Steve to destroy Mobius, ending the life of the Anti-God before commanding Steve to proceed and destroy the Justice League. The entire Green Lantern Corps tried and failed to subdue her, overpowering her enemies before turning her attention towards the newborn child of Superwoman, slaying his mother and taking the child to herself in order to systematically steal the powers of all the surrounding Gods and retrieve the Anti-Life Equation so her father could be reborn again through the child.

Her revived father now as her obedient pawn, the new Darkseid was about to destroy the Justice League until the arrival of the Female Furies who assaulted Grail alongside the rest of the League in a final attempt to stop her. Restrained by Diana and her mother, Myrina requested her evil daughter to open her eyes to ease her rage, to which Grail reluctantly did, firing her beams through her mother to strike Darkseid, separating him from the Equation and returning him to his infant state.

Now in an isolated cave, Grail holds her infant father in her arms, promising to raise and love him as her mother did her, stating that now they both have a second chance.

Characterization: As a hybrid of two powerful race and particularly as a Darkseid's daughter Grail possess powers strong enough to hurt Metron while sitting in his Mobius chair even when Anti-Monitor's antimatter could not. Grail was described as a planetary-level threat by A.R.G.U.S while they held her prisoner. Due to her few appearances most of her powers are still mystery.

Friends and Foes: She has a complicated relationship with her father, Darkseid. She has rivalry with Wonder Woman.
Thorpocalypse

Grail: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe