J-Mart: Kung Lao, Ken Masters, Captain Carter, John Preston

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Ebony Maw: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Just an FYI, I went back and built the Black Order PCs. I am getting ready to run an FTF game in the new year so I'm testing my PC builds to shake off the rust and I wanted the Black Order more in line with them. I'm going to be doing the same for several bigger name villains as well.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:01 am Image
All beings pray... but who listens... to the prayers of Gods? Behold your legacy. You saw it in their faces. They, the greatest heroes of Earth, who had dug infinite graves for fallen comrades strewn across a burning universe at war, all in futile effort to stop my lord Thanos. In the final moments they realized the great nihilism. The truth. The inherent black. They could not defeat him. Their actions were folly, sound and fury signifying nothing... everything they were and had always been. It meant nothing. And then you, with but a whim, acted... and that was when they were truly afraid. Afraid of you... Thane, son of Thanos. He who had the power to take Death itself in his hand... and imprison it. - Ebony Maw

EBONY MAW
PL10

OPL: 5; SPL: 10; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 6, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Deception 16 (+20) [Skill Mastery, Taunt, Ultimate Effort], Expertise [Psychology] 2 (+12), Insight 6 (+12), Intimidation 3 (+7), Perception 2(+8), Persuasion 12 (+16) [Skill Mastery], Stealth (+2), Technology 7 (+15) Inventor

ADVANTAGES: Extraordinary Effort, Inventor, Skill Mastery (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Taunt, Ultimate Effort (1) (Deception)

POWERS:
Black Tongues: Comprehend 4 (Read, Speak, Understand, Understood in All languages); 8 pts
Mental Seduction: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Insidious, Subtle, Flaw: Check Required [Deception], Sense Dependent [Auditory]), Feature 1 (Manifests as black spider in opponent's brain); 23 pts
Maw's Toys: 24 pt Array, Removable (-5 pts); 19 pts
Teleportation Device: Teleport 4 (500 ft/16 miles; Extra: Change Direction, Easy, Extended, Increased Mass 5 [1600 lbs]); 22 pts
Force Field Generator: Protection 12, Impervious Protection 9; 1 pt
The Unseen Voice: Concealment 10 (All Senses, Flaw: Check Required [Deception]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +2
Special Attack [Mental Seduction Affliction +10, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +2 (+14 with Force Field, +5 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +6, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Spreading chaos and learning secrets.
Responsibility: To Thanos.
Secret: He says he has no powers, but that, like most other things he says, seem to be a lie. So there is no telling what else he is NOT telling.

Abilities 58 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 50 + Defenses 12 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Ebony Maw toughest to fit into PC points and feel right, I see me taking another run at him later.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Scarlet Spider (Kaine): Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Harvest, one of the super-powered assassins that came after me in Houston. I cut off his leg with a katana. He might still be mad about it, I'm not sure. - Scarlet Spider

SCARLET SPIDER (KAINE)
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 7; DPL: 11; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-10
Weight: 175
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Brown
Skin: Fair
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Houston, TX, USA
Team Affiliations: New Warriors; The Spider Army

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 9, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+17), Athletics (+10/+14), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+12), Expertise [Science] 7 (+12), Expertise [Streetwise] 2 (+7), Insight (+3), Intimidation 9 (+9) [Startle], Perception 5 (+8), Ranged Combat [Web Shooters] 7 (+12), Stealth 3 (+12), Technology 7 (+12)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Climb*, All-Out Attack (3) (Claws, Stingers, Unarmed), Chokehold, Defensive Roll (1), Evasion (1), Last Stand*, Move-by Action, Power Attack (3) (Claws, Stingers, Unarmed), Startle, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Spider Sense Immunity: Immunity 1 (Spider-Senses, Flaw: Limited to Danger Sense and Uncanny Dodge detection); 1 pt
Spider-Strength: Enhanced Skills 2 (Athletics 4 ranks); 2 pts
Does Whatever a Spider Can: Enhanced Advantages 1 (Accelerated Climb*, Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2 [Normal speed]); 7 pts
Claws: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Split, Variable Descriptor [Piercing/Slashing]); 2 pts
Stealth Suit: 6 pts Traits, Removable (-1 pt); 5 pts
Kevlar Weave: Protection 1; 1 pts
Cloaking: Concealment 3 (Visual Senses, Auditory); 6 pts

Natural Web Swinging: Movement 1 (Swinging, Extra: Linked [Flight]), Flight 4 (32 mph/500 fpr; Extra: Linked [Swinging], Flaw: Platform); 6 pts
Organic Web Shooters: 28 pt Array; 33 pts
Web Slinging: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 9 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Split, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 28 pts
Web Throwing: Move Object 10 (Extra: Split); 1 pt
Webbing over the eyes: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 9 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Split, Flaw: Limited to one sense [Visual]); 1 pt
Web Nets: Ranged Shapeable Area Movement 1 (Safe Fall, Extra: Affects others, Shapeable Area [30 ft volume], Attack, Quirk: Requires anchor); 1 pt
Wrist Stingers: Piercing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 4); 1 pt[/i]

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +12
Close Attack +11 [Stingers +11, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +10; Claws +10]
Ranged Attack +5
Web Shooters +12 [Web Slinging Affliction +9; Webbing Over the Eyes Affliction +9; Web Throwing Move Object +10; Web Spinning Create +6]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +9 (+8 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Emotionally Stunted: Being raised in a test tube, thrown out, then wandering the world trying to find his place has left him awkward in social situations and lacking emotional maturity at times.
Enemy: The Jackal and most of Pete's Rogues' Gallery.
Guilt: Now that he is trying to live the hero's life, he has guilt about many of his deeds in the past.
Inexperienced: Being new to the super hero game, he can make some rookie mistakes.
Relationships: He has mended fences with Pete and he will still try to help him when he can. He has also gained allies in the Spider Army, particularly Spider-Gwen and Spider-Man Ben Reilly. He made many allies in Houston, including his close friend Aracely.
Responsibility: Yeah, yeah, he knows…with great power, blah, blah, blah…he's working on it.
Rivalry: With Ben Reilly, and other clones that may be roaming around out there.
Secret Identity: He does try to keep his Scarlet Spider identity secret from his personal identity of Kaine Parker.
Temper: He is still working on controlling his temper. Sometimes he is more successful at it than others.

Abilities 100 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 58 + Defenses 10 = 205 / 205

Build Comments: I read the first couple of issues of Kaine's Scarlet Spider book with now cured and (mostly) sane Kaine now taking over the role and it’s not too bad. It's your basic former bad boy tries to find his way story, but the action has been good and it's interesting watching someone who looks like Pete but not quite be like Pete, except for trying to help.

Kaine lost a lot of his powers including his spider-sense and I couldn't tell if he lost his Mark of Kaine thing, so I took it off, since I never liked it anyway. He did get the stinger things and organic webbing and kept his claws so he has more options in melee but not is not nearly as skilled overall as Pete or even Ben. He did swipe Pete's Stealth Suit, so that will come in handy for him, I'm sure.

Secret Origins: The clone that would come to be known as Kaine was the Jackal's first attempt at cloning Peter Parker. Initially thought to be a success, Kaine eventually became deformed due to a flaw in the cloning process. As he continued to degenerate, he was left further deformed and mentally unstable.

The Jackal allowed Kaine to live as a test subject, to see how long the clone would survive; it ended up far exceeding his expectations. As a result, Kaine experienced a strong feeling of rejection like that which might arise between a father and son. Kaine left Professor Warren and realized that the partial degeneration had also caused a slight amplification of the powers he had genetically 'inherited' from Peter. His strength, speed, stamina, and agility were comparable to those of Peter, but he also gained precognitive powers as well, which shows him flashes of the future (this new ability has been assumed to be an amplified version of Peter's spider-sense). He also possessed a "Mark of Kaine," a corrosive touch that he used to leave eaten-away hand-prints on his victims' faces.

The Story so Far: The Jackal went on to create another clone, the man who would become Ben Reilly. When the Jackal used Reilly against Peter, the ensuing battle left Reilly and the Jackal (really a clone of Warren) for dead. They both managed to survive; the Jackal placed himself into suspended animation in a cloning pod to awaken later, and Reilly left New York upon realizing that he was the clone.

Behind the scenes, Norman Osborn managed to have the files on Ben and Peter switched, so that the Jackal would think Peter was the clone and Ben was the real deal. Consulting the Jackal's files, Kaine believed the same, so he followed Ben Reilly throughout his 'exile'. For a time, Kaine found love in the arms of police detective Louise Kennedy of Salt Lake City, but when he discovered she was working for the criminals, Kaine's increased cellular degeneration pushed him even further towards insanity.

After killing Louise (although a part of him still loved her), Kaine continued to stalk Ben, making it appear as though Janine Godbe, the woman Ben had come to love, had committed suicide and then framed Ben for various murders that Kaine had committed, as Kaine and Ben had the same fingerprints. Kaine hoped that by doing this, he would be able to give Peter, whom he still believed to be the clone, the life which Kaine could never have.

When Ben returned to New York to visit a sick Aunt May (later revealed to be a genetically-altered actress), Kaine followed. After several encounters with his “brothers” and a long criminal history, Kaine finally turned his life around and began assisting Peter and other heroes while starting to build a life for himself.

During the Grim Hunt, Kaine was attacked by Alyosha and Ana Kravinoff for being associated with spiders. However, seeing that he wasn't a true spider, the duo decided to punish him by keeping him alive. Nevertheless, they wounded Kaine severely enough that he fled to Peter Parker's apartment in search of help. Peter hid him in the bathroom, then left to stop the Kravinoffs. When Kaine next appeared, he had shaved his face and cut his hair, and resembled Peter (albeit with a badly scarred face). When Spider-Man was 'killed' while resurrecting Kraven, it was discovered that it was actually Kaine in disguise, and that he had given his life to save Peter.

At the end of the Grim Hunt, Kaine was buried as a Parker, but was later seen rising from the dead with mutated features, including extra eyes in a spider-like pattern on his forehead, with the Jackal saying "Rise, cursed one. Rise... Tarantula." Kaine was then further changed by the Jackal into a tarantula-like creature, with his face resembling that of a spider, as well as six red eyes, and four spider-legs growing from his back.

The Jackal made him the first of his army of individuals to use during the Spider-Island event. Kaine, however, followed the Jackal merely because he was under his control. In his final confrontation with the original, Spider-Man threw him into a tank filled with "the cure", a concentration of Anti-Venom's symbiote, which was intended to help cure the people of Spider-Island. The cure did more than return Kaine from being a monster, it also stabilized his DNA and made him a perfect clone of Peter Parker, similar to Ben Reilly. Kaine then helped with the retaliation against the Spider Queen, Adriana Soria, in Central Park, moving past Peter Parker's ethical limitations by using lethal force against the Queen.

Kaine left New York after the Spider-Island event. Earning money from both stopping robbers and committing robberies, Kaine started a trip around the USA to enter Mexico. During his stay in Houston, Texas, he saved a young girl, Aracely, from human traffickers and left her in a hospital. A super-powered villain came after Aracely, and Kaine felt that he had to save her instead of leaving Houston. In a scarlet suit similar to Spider-Man's, Kaine faced the Salamander and managed to defeat him, being named by him as "Araña Escarlata" ('Scarlet Spider' in Spanish). When the people at the scene cheered him and told them they needed a hero, Kaine's sense of responsibility for Aracely led him to stay in Houston as Scarlet Spider.

In subsequent adventures, Kaine found himself pitted against the Assassins Guild, the Watchdogs, and Ana Kravinoff, who tried to kill him in order to free her father from the curse of immortality. He joined a version of the New Warriors for a time and currently remains as the main super heroic protector of Houtson.

Kaine was attacked by Daemos of the Inheritors, who easily defeated the New Warriors. Pinned down, Kaine impaled Daemos with numerous spines, and Daemos recognized him as the current reciprocal of the Other. Before Daemos could drain Kaine, Old Man Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Bullet Points Spider-Man, and Ben Reilly from Earth-T94 arrived. After seeing Gwen, he thought this was the Jackal's making until being shocked from seeing Ben. With Daemos distracted, Gwen was able to rescue Kaine and they retreated, though Banner was crippled and captured.

Kaine, along with Ben Reilly and Jessica Drew, later traveled to another universe, from where the cloned bodies that granted the Inheritors immortality came from. Kaine, Ben and Black Widow managed to shut down the facility, at the cost of Reilly’s life, which was run by the Inheritor Jennix. Fueled by rage for Reilly's death, Kaine traveled to Earth-T001, the base of the Inheritors, to take revenge on them. Drawing on the Other's full power, Kaine transformed into a monstrous creature and was able to kill the leader of the Inheritors, Solus. Kaine was seemingly murdered when Morlun used one of Kaine's spider legs to stab him on the neck.

Even though the Spider-Army couldn't save Kaine, they managed to stop the Inheritors once and for all. After all of the spiders returned to their respective universes, Kaine started emerging from his Other form's corpse.

Characterization: While Kaine has shown to have a heroic heart like Peter, he lacks a lot of the people skills and makes many questionable moral decisions.

Friends and Foes: Over time, he has developed a good relationship with his “brother” Peter Parker and has become friends with a handful of people in Houston as well as with most of the other members of the “Spider Family”.
Thorpocalypse

Scarlet Spider (Kaine): Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

The scars are gone. The degeneration is gone. But for the first time in my life... I'm not dying. For the first time in my life, I realize I don't have to be the man I see in the mirror. I may not be able to forget my past... But I can be someone better. For the first time in my life... I'm alive. - Scarlet Spider

SCARLET SPIDER (KAINE)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 6; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 10, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics (+10/+16), Athletics (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 8 (+11), Expertise [Science] 4 (+7), Expertise [Streetwise] 2 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 6 (+6), Perception 5 (+6), Ranged Combat [Web Shooters] 11 (+11), Stealth (+10), Technology 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (2), Move-by Action, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Spider Sense Immunity: Immunity 1 (Spider-Senses, Flaw: Limited to Danger Sense and Uncanny Dodge detection); 1 pt
Does Whatever a Spider Can: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Defensive Roll, Move-by Action), Enhanced Skills 3 (Acrobatics 6 ranks), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2 [Normal speed]); 11 pts
Wrist Stingers: Piercing Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Split); 1 pt
Healing Factor: Regeneration 1 (1/every 9 rounds); 1 pt
Organic Web Shooters: 29 pts Traits
Web Swinging: Flight 3 (16 mph/250 fpr; Flaw: Platform); 3 pts
Web Slinging: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 9 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage/Sleight of Hand; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Alternate Resistance [Resisted by Dodge], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to 2 Degrees); 27 pts
Web Throwing: Move Object 9 (Extra: Split, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Web Objects: Create 9 (Extra: Stationary, Tether, Quirk 2 [No complex objects, Stationary requires anchor]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Scarlet Spider Stealth Suit: Protection 1; 1 pt
Cloaking: Concealment 3 (Visual Senses, Auditory); 6 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +3
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +9; Stingers +9]
Ranged Attack +0
Web Shooters +11 [Web Slinging Affliction +9; Web Throwing Move Object +9; Web Spinning Create +9]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Emotionally Stunted: Being raised in a test tube, thrown out, then wandering the world trying to find his place has left him awkward in social situations and lacking emotional maturity at times.
Enemy: The Jackal and most of Pete's Rogues' Gallery.
Guilt: Now that he is trying to live the hero's life, he has guilt about many of his deeds in the past.
Inexperienced: Being new to the super hero game, he can make some rookie mistakes.
Power Loss: Web Swinging (Flight) can only be used if there are tall, sturdy structures available to anchor web lines to, like multiple story buildings or thick trees.
Relationships: He has mended fences with Pete and he will still try to help him when he can. He has also gained allies in the Spider Army, particularly Spider-Gwen and Spider-Man Ben Reilly. He made many allies in Houston, including his close friend Aracely.
Responsibility: Yeah, yeah, he knows…with great power, blah, blah, blah…he's working on it.
Rivalry: With Ben Reilly, and other clones that may be roaming around out there.
Secret Identity: He does try to keep his Scarlet Spider identity secret from his personal identity of Kaine Parker.
Temper: He is still working on controlling his temper. Sometimes he is more successful at it than others.

Abilities 64 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 46 + Defenses 16 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Kaine Parker as a PC. I made him more tanky than Pete and the others.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Scarlet Spider (Kaine): Earth-PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Scarlet Spider (Kaine): Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Scarlet Spider (Kaine): Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Scarlet Spider (Kaine): Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Perhaps
Thorpocalypse

Spider-Man (Ben Reilly): Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I'm my own man, Marcus. My own Spider-Man. You chose me over the other guy because I'm too damned bull headed and strong-willed. Your words, Marcus. You wanted me because I have my own thoughts, and right now I'm thinking my job isn't to help Beyond look good--It's to help people. - Spider-Man

SPIDER-MAN (BEN REILLY)
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 8; DPL: 11; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Race: Human Mutate
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: New York City, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: Avengers; Justice League; Outsiders; JLAXI

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 8 [10], DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+10/+12/+18) [Agile Feint], Athletics 4 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+10/+12), Deception 5 (+7/+11) [Taunt], Expertise [Photography] 1 (+7), Expertise [Science] 8 (+14), Insight 2 (+6), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 1 (+7), Perception 3 (+7/+15), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Web Shooters] 7 (+11), Stealth (+10), Technology 8 (+14) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Climb*, Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Defensive Strike*, Equipment (1), Evasion (2), Extraordinary Effort, Fighting Climb*, Improved Defense, Inventor, Move-by Action, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Redirect, Taunt, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Quip Machine: Enhanced Skills 2 (Deception 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to Deception checks to feint/Taunt); 1 pts
Spider-Senses: Enhanced Advantages 11 (Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Defensive Strike*, Evasion 2, Fighting Climb*, Improved Defense, Move-by Action, Redirect, Uncanny Dodge), Enhanced Skills 4 (Acrobatics 6 ranks, Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 ranks), Enhanced Skills 4 (Perception 8 ranks, Flaw: Limited to Danger Sense checks), Enhanced Agility 2, Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Senses 6 (Danger Sense [Mental, Ranged, Extra: Extended, Counters Concealment]); 313 pts
Spider-Strength: Enhanced Skills 2 (Athletics 4 ranks); 2 pts
Does Whatever a Spider Can: Enhanced Advantages 1 (Accelerated Climb*, Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2 [Normal speed]); 7 pts
Web Shooters: 38 pts Traits, Removable (-8 pts); 30 pts
Web Swinging: Movement 1 (Swinging, Extra: Linked [Flight]), Flight 4 (32 mph/500 fpr; Extra: Linked [Swinging], Flaw: Platform); 6 pts
Web Slinging Array: 28 pt Array; 33 pts
Web Slinging: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 9 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Split, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 28 pts
Impact Webbing: Ranged Affliction 9 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Burst Area [15 [30] ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Diminished Burst Area [15 ft radius]); 1 pt
Web Throwing: Move Object 9 (Extra: Split); 1 pt
Webbing over the eyes: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 9 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Split, Flaw: Limited to one sense [Visual]); 1 pt
Web Nets: Ranged Shapeable Area Movement 1 (Safe Fall, Extra: Affects others, Shapeable Area [30 ft volume], Attack, Quirk: Requires anchor); 1 pt
Web Spinning: Create 6 (Extra: Continuous, Stationary, Tether, Flaw: Permanent, Quirk 2 [No complex objects, Stationary requires anchor]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Spider-Tracer: Feature 2 (Tracking, 5 Mile range; Linked to Spider-Sense); 2 pts
Camera: Feature 1 (Photography); 1 pt
Extra Web Fluid Canisters: Feature 1 (Can eliminate Web Fluid Power Loss Complication at GM discretion); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +9]
Ranged Attack +6
Web Shooters +12 [Web Slinging +9; Stinger Dart Affliction +9; Impact Webbing +9, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 (+15 with Spider Sense) [DC23/25] Parry +13 (+15 with Spider Sense) [DC23/25]
Toughness +7 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: He pretty much inherited all of Spider-Man's Rogues Gallery but he is particularly bedeviled by The Jackal.
Motivation: Proving himself to be worthy of the Spider-Man mantle.
Power Loss: Sometimes the flu, a radiation drain or just his own mental state can cause him lose his powers. If he does, his stats change to STR 2, STA 2, AGL 2, DEX 2, and FGT 3.
Power Loss: Those web shooters seem to run out of fluid at the most inopportune times.
Power Loss: Web Swinging (Flight) can only be used if there are tall, sturdy structures available to anchor web lines to, like multiple story buildings or thick trees.
Relationships: Ben has become close to Aunt May and other members of Spider-Man's group of allies, along with his allies in the Spider Army.
Responsibility: With great power comes great…
Responsibility: He is contractually bound to represent the Beyond Corporation and must keep their interests in mind, even when he disagrees.

Abilities 98 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 73 + Defenses 11 = 206 / 206

Build Comments: I never actually read the Clone Saga, either the original or the latest one, but the Ben Reilly character has intrigued me. Apparently I'm not the only one because Marvel just will not let him go. He's currently the star of the Amazing Spider-Man book while Pete is recovering from radiation poisoning. Even though his blood IS radioactive, we'll let it slide for now.

Secret Origins/The Story so Far: Ben Reilly was a clone created from Peter Parker's DNA by the Jackal. He was made to fight him as part of Jackal's torment of Spider-Man, whom he blamed for Gwen Stacy's death. In the fight, only one could survive in order to save Ned Leeds from a bomb. The Jackal activated the bomb, seemingly dying and killing the clone. Spider-Man retrieved the "corpse" and buried him in an industrial chimney.

The clone, however, was alive and managed to survive due to the Jackal injecting him with something earlier while he was unconscious. In an attempt to sow confusion between Peter Parker and the clone, the Jackal dumped a different, already dead clone of Peter Parker down the same smoke stack Peter Parker dumped the living clone in after the Jackal had rescued him. After regaining consciousness, this clone witnessed Parker and Mary Jane in an embrace, and concluded that he must be the clone as the clone's feelings wouldn't have developed to the point where he could emotionally accept his feelings for Mary Jane.

The clone spent the next five years in exile from New York, believing himself to be a worthless clone. He dubbed himself "Ben Reilly", using his Uncle Ben's first name and his Aunt May's maiden name. After a period where he was stricken by influenza, he met scientist Seward Trainer, who inspired him with confidence to be his own person. Trainer also helped Ben by providing him with fake references to find work. Seward's references and Ben's own skills would allow him to work for a month or so at a time until people learned that his credentials were fake, forcing Ben to move on. Although he attempted to avoid attracting attention to himself, Reilly was unable to simply hide when his spider-sense went off, resulting in him helping the local police deal with various gangs during a stop-over in Salt Lake City.

Ben returned to New York after learning that Parker's Aunt May was sick. After making amends with Peter, Ben fought alongside him as the Scarlet Spider. For a brief time, Ben and Peter were tricked by Norman Osborn via Seward Trainer to believe Ben was the real Peter Parker. Peter left New York with his wife Mary Jane Watson, leaving Ben to pick up the mantle of Spider-Man. During a subsequent confrontation against Osborn as the Green Goblin, Ben was impaled and died in Peter's arms, also discovering that Peter being the clone was a fabrication.

Ben was later brought back to life by Miles Warren using a new cloning method, and spent years being constantly killed and resurrected by his creator to improve on the cloning technology. Driven mad, Ben managed to escape and overthrow Warren, becoming the new Jackal. He founded New U Technologies in an ill-conceived attempt to use cloning technology for good, but was ultimately stopped by Spider-Man. Seeking redemption but still mentally unstable, Ben moved to Las Vegas and resumed his identity as the Scarlet Spider. He came into conflict with fellow clone Kaine, who had also adopted the moniker of the Scarlet Spider. Ben was eventually left with a damaged soul after being killed and reborn one more time. Ben saw a chance at redemption during the return of the spider-hunting Inheritors. Sacrificing himself to defeat Jennix, Ben was then resurrected with cloning technology, which gave him a clean slate. When the Beyond Corporation bought the Spider-Man trademark from the defunct Parker Industries, Ben was chosen to become a corporate-sponsored Spider-Man.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Spider-Man (Ben Reilly): Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

The ever amazing Spider-Man, idol of millions and heckuva nice guy, at your service! - Spider-Man

SPIDER-MAN (BEN REILLY)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 6; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 10, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics (+10/+16), Athletics (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+6/+12), Deception 6 (+6/+10) [Taunt], Expertise [Photography] 1 (+4), Expertise [Science] 5 (+8), Insight 2 (+6), Intimidation (+2), Perception 2 (+4/+12), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Web Shooters] 11 (+11), Stealth (+10), Technology 6 (+9) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Resources – Beyond Corporation), Equipment (2), Inventor, Move-by Action, Takedown (1), Taunt, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Quip Machine: Enhanced Skills 2 (Deception 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to Deception checks to feint/Taunt); 1 pts
Spider-Sense: Enhanced Advantages 3 (Move-by Action, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge), Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Skills 5 (Acrobatics 6 ranks, Close Combat [Unarmed] 4), Enhanced Skills 4 (Perception 8 ranks, Flaw: Limited to Danger Sense checks), Senses 3 (Danger Sense [Mental, Ranged, Extended); 17 pts
Does Whatever a Spider Can: Leaping 1 (15 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2 [Normal speed]), Enhanced Strength 1 (12 Tons, Flaw: Limited to lifting); 7 pts
Web Shooters: 33 pts Traits, Removable (-7 pts); 26 pts
Web Slinging: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 9 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage/Sleight of Hand; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Alternate Resistance [Resisted by Dodge], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to 2 Degrees); 27 pts
Web Throwing: Move Object 9 (Extra: Split); 1 pt
Impact Webbing: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 9 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Burst Area [15 [30] ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Diminished Burst Area [15 ft radius] Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Web Objects: Create 9 (Extra: Stationary, Tether, Quirk 2 [No complex objects, Stationary requires anchor]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Spider Suit: Protection 1, Senses 1 (Cellular/Radio), Immunity 5 (All Environmental conditions); 7 pts
Spider-Tracer: Feature 2 (Tracking, 5 Mile range; Linked to Spider-Sense); 2 pts
Extra Web Fluid Canisters: Feature 1 (Can eliminate Web Fluid Power Loss Complication at GM discretion); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +3
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +0
Web Shooters +11 [Web Slinging +9; Web Slinging Affliction +9; Web Throwing Move Object +9; Impact Webbing +9, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 (+13 with Spider Sense) [DC21/23] Parry +11 (+13 with Spider Sense) [DC21/23]
Toughness +7 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: He pretty much inherited all of Spider-Man's Rogues Gallery but he is particularly bedeviled by The Jackal.
Power Loss: Sometimes the flu, a radiation drain or just his own mental state can cause him lose his powers. If he does, his stats change to STR 2, STA 2, AGL 2, DEX 2, and FGT 3.
Power Loss: Those web shooters seem to run out of fluid at the most inopportune times.
Relationships: Ben has become close to Aunt May and other members of Spider-Man's group of allies, along with his allies in the Spider Army.
Responsibility: He is contractually bound to represent the Beyond Corporation and must keep their interests in mind, even when he disagrees.

Abilities 64 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 51 + Defenses 13 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Spider-Man Beyond as a PC.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Spider-Man (Ben Reilly): Earth-PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I'm happy because, as Spider-Man, I can find the meaning and purpose I'm missing. Because I know I can make a positive difference in the world. There were times in the past, in that dream-life I lived before, when I thought being Spider-Man was a curse. But now I see, so clearly... that it's a blessing. - Spider-Man

Art by Ultimate Julio

SPIDER-MAN (BEN REILLY)
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 6; DPL: 11; FWPL: 7; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 10, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics (+10/+18), Athletics (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+6/+13), Deception 6 (+7/+10) [Taunt], Expertise [Photography] 1 (+5), Expertise [Science] 5 (+9), Insight 2 (+6), Intimidation (+1), Perception 2 (+4/+12), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Web Shooters] 12 (+12), Stealth (+10), Technology 6 (+10) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Resources – Beyond Corporation), Defensive Roll, Equipment (2), Inventor, Move-by Action, Takedown (1), Taunt, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Spider-Sense: Enhanced Advantages 4 (Defensive Roll, Move-by Action, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge), Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Skills 7 (Acrobatics 8 ranks, Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 ranks), Enhanced Skills 4 (Perception 8 ranks, Flaw: Limited to Danger Sense checks), Senses 3 (Danger Sense [Mental, Ranged, Extended); 20 pts
Does Whatever a Spider Can: Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2 [Normal speed]); 7 pts
Web Shooters: 36 pts Traits, Removable (-7 pts); 29 pts
Web Slinging: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage/Sleight of Hand; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Alternate Resistance [Resisted by Dodge], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to 2 Degrees); 30 pts
Web Throwing: Move Object 10 (Extra: Split, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Impact Webbing: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Burst Area [15 [30] ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Diminished Burst Area [15 ft radius] Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Web Objects: Create 10 (Extra: Stationary, Tether, Quirk 2 [No complex objects, Stationary requires anchor]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Spider Suit: Protection 1, Senses 1 (Cellular/Radio), Immunity 5 (All Environmental conditions); 7 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +3
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +9]
Ranged Attack +0
Web Shooters +12 [Web Slinging +10; Web Slinging Affliction +10;Wed Throwing Move Object +10; Impact Webbing +10, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 (+14 with Spider Sense) [DC22/24] Parry +12 (+14 with Spider Sense) [DC22/24]
Toughness +8 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 70 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 57 + Defenses 15 = 165 / 165

Build Comments: Ben for Earth-PC2.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Spider-Man (Ben Reilly): Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Perhaps
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Mayhaps
Thorpocalypse

Superior Spider-Man: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Farewell, Peter Parker. Know this, I will carry on in your name. You may be leaving this world, but you are not leaving it to a villain. I swear. I will be Spider-Man. Better yet, with my unparalleled genius-- --and my boundless ambition-- --I'll be a better Spider-Man than you ever were. From this day forth, I shall become... ...The Superior Spider-Man! - Superior Spider-Man

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN (OTTO OCTAVIUS)
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 9; DPL: 11; FWPL: HP: 1
Race: Human Mutate Clone
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: New York, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 8 [10], DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 9, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+13/+15/+19), Athletics (+9/+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+11/+13), Deception 7 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 1 (+10), Expertise [Radiation] 10 (+19), Expertise [Science] 9 (+18), Insight (+2), Intimidation 8 (+11), Perception 3 (+5/+13), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Throwing] (+7/+9), Ranged Combat [Web Shooters] 4 (+11), Stealth (+10), Technology 9 (+18) [Inventor], Treatment 2 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Climb*, Benefit [Ambidexterity], Chokehold, Defensive Roll (2), Defensive Strike*, Evasion (2), Fast Grab, Favored Foe (Spider-Man), Fighting Climb*, Improved Defense Improved Grab, Instant Up, Inventor, Move-by Action, Power Attack (1) ( Unarmed), Ranged Attack (2), Redirect, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break

POWERS:
Spider-Senses: Enhanced Advantages 11 (Defensive Attack, Defensive Strike*, Evasion 2, Fighting Climb*, Improved Defense, Move-by Action, Ranged Attack 2, Redirect, Uncanny Dodge), Enhanced Skills 3 (Acrobatics 4 ranks, Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 ranks), Enhanced Skills 4 (Perception 8 ranks, Flaw: Limited to Danger Sense checks), Enhanced Agility 2, Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Senses 6 (Danger Sense [Mental, Ranged, Extra: Extended, Counters Concealment]); 30 pts
Spider-Strength: Enhanced Strength 1 (25 Tons, Flaw: Limited to lifting), Enhanced Skills 2 (Athletics 4 ranks); 3 pts
Does Whatever a Spider Can: Enhanced Advantages 1 (Accelerated Climb*) Enhanced Skills 2 (Acrobatics 4 ranks), Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2 [Normal speed]); 10 pts
Superior Spider-Man Suit: 24 pts Traits, Removable (-5 pts); 19 pts
Carbonadium Plating: Protection 2; 2 pts
Superior Lenses: Senses 3 (Tracking [Visual], Infravision, Communication Link [Radio, Spider-Bots]); 3 pts
Communication System: Senses 1 (Radio); 1 pt
Heads Up Display (HUD): Features 2 (A.I., GPS Receiver); 2 pts

Superior Arsenal: 14 pt Array; 16 pts
Superior Spider Arms: Piercing Damage 10 (Extra: Accurate, Split, Reach [5 ft], Tripping); 14 pts
Superior Talon Strike: Slashing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Accurate, Split); 1 pt
Superior Talon Venom: Affliction 10 (Poison; Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobile, 3rd: Paralyzed, Extra: Accurate); 1 pt

Web Shooters: 39 pts Traits, Removable (-8 pts); 31 pts
Web Swinging: Movement 1 (Swinging, Extra: Linked [Flight]), Flight 4 (32 mph/500 fpr; Extra: Linked [Swinging], Flaw: Platform); 6 pts
Web Slinging Array: 30 pt Array; 33 pts
Web Slinging: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Split, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Limited to two Degrees); 30 pts
Web Throwing: Move Object 10 (Extra: Split, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Web Spinning: Create 10 (Extra: Stationary, Tether, Flaw: Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Permanent, Quirk 3 [No complex objects, Stationary requires anchor, Web objects dissolve after 1 hour]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +8
Superior Spider Arsenal +12 [Superior Talon Strike +10; Superior Spider Venom Affliction +10; Superior Spider Arms +10]
Unarmed +11 (+13 with Spider Sense) [Unarmed +9]
Ranged Attack +7
Web Shooters +11 [Web Slinging Affliction +10; Web Spinning Create +10; Web Throwing Move Object +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 (+14 with Spider Sense) [DC22/24] Parry +12 (+14 with Spider Sense) [DC22/24]
Toughness +8 (+8 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Otto always has, and always will be very arrogant and overconfident in his superior intellect, which can be his downfall.
Power Loss: Some strong strains of the flu, a radiation drain or just his own mental state can cause Otto-Eliot-Peter lose his powers. If he does, his stats change to STR 2, STA 2, AGL 2, DEX 1, and FGT 1.
Relationships: Otto still has strong feeling for Anna Maria Marconi.
Secret Identity: Otto hides his identity of both being a clone of Peter Parker and his own Otto Octavius identity with an assumed identity of Eliot Tolliver.
Superiority Complex: Otto is out to prove that he is a better Spider-Man than the real Peter Parker could ever be, but that sometimes comes with consequences he can’t foresee.

Abilities 102 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 94 + Defenses 11 = 238 / 238

Build Comments: Doc Ock was always one of my favorite Spidey villains. Visually arresting and usually quite well written, Doc has been one of Pete’s longest running villains and one of the few that gives him all he can handle physically. And man, did Alfred Molina just ROCK as Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2.

And then Slott had him take over as the Superior Spider-Man for a couple of years. And he became even more of a favorite. I was almost bummed when Pete came back, and I don’t think I was alone. Slott’s take on Otto as a “hero” may not have been groundbreaking, but it was compelling reading and made you think about what the real differences are between a superhero and a supervillain. He's back in his old body now, but he's still the Superior Spider-Man to me.

Secret Origins: Otto Octavius was raised in an oppressive household, with an overprotective mother, and a harsh, abusive father. His mother encouraged the young Otto, already a good student, to push himself in school, in the hopes that he would have a better life than his factory worker father. Otto was awarded a scholarship for university, shortly before his father died in a workplace accident. Becoming obsessed with schoolwork after his father's death, Otto applied himself even harder to his studies in science. He graduated and got work with an engineering firm, soon becoming a respected nuclear physicist and research consultant, as well as working as an inventor and lecturer. He soon developed a remarkable invention- a chest harness that connected the wearer to four mechanical arms. This invention earned him a new nickname: Doctor Octopus. Around this time, he became involved with a fellow researcher, Mary Alice Anders, to whom he eventually proposed marriage. However, the happy couple was broken up by Otto's mother, who disapproved of the young bride-to-be. Otto broke off the engagement at his mother's behest, but she died soon after in the middle of an argument with her son. Having lost all of his social ties, Otto became more withdrawn and sullen, and grew obsessively dedicated to his work while simultaneously throwing professional and operational caution to the wind.

This recklessness with his personal safety lead directly to an accident that would change his life forever. A radiation leak in the lab caused an explosion, which fused the harness and limbs onto his body. The radiation simultaneously caused mutations in his brain, allowing him to have direct control over the arms through telepathy. Driven insane by the accident and the damage it had caused to his body and mind, Doctor Octopus became dedicated to a life of crime.

The Story so Far: Doctor Octopus was the impetus for the formation of the original Sinister Six, which occurs following a series of defeats at the hands of Spider-Man. He gathers five other villains who have faced, and been defeated by, Spider-Man. Though he tells the other villains that together they will be able to defeat Spider-Man, he secretly plans to wait until all the other villains have tried and failed to kill their foe, at which point he will step in and defeat the greatly weakened hero. He kidnapped Betty Brant and May Parker to bait Spider-Man into the fights and when, as predicted, his teammates fail, he steps in and battles Spider-Man in a large fishbowl-like tank, planning to drown the hero. He is ultimately defeated.

Doctor Octopus becomes embroiled in a gang war against Hammerhead following the retirement of the Kingpin. The two wage an extremely destructive war throughout the streets of New York City in dual, competing bids to gain control over the vast criminal empire left behind. Spider-Man ultimately defeats both men, and Octavius is sent to prison.

Octavius attempts to marry May Parker, in the hopes of acquiring a Canadian nuclear power plant that she has inherited. The marriage ceremony is interrupted by Hammerhead, and the two men begin a fight that soon includes Spider-Man. The battle ultimately results in the explosion of the power plant, and the death of Hammerhead. Octavius manages to escape the island unharmed, but finds himself homeless, and haunted by the spirit of Hammerhead. He soon restores his enemy to life, simply to be rid of him.

Later, Octavious is among the villains transported to Battleworld by the Beyonder. There, he and his fellow villains are forced to battle a team of heroes who have been similarly transported to the planet without explanation. While on the planet, he rebels against the machinations of Doctor Doom, along with the other villains, and engages in skirmishes with the heroes. Ultimately, he is returned to Earth along with the other combatants.

He kept on his crime spree after his return to earth. At some time he became extremely afraid of Spider-Man and everything that had something to do with spiders. He tried to keep up his criminal activities but was almost paralyzed whenever Spider-man would intervene. At one point it even became so bad that the arms started to control Otto himself. Luckily, he managed to get back in control and he eventually overcame his fears. It was at this time that Otto started a new incarnation of the Sinister Six in hopes of making Spider-man's life a living hell.

He later saves Spider-Man when he had been poisoned by the Vulture. He does this, not out of a sense of altruism, but because he believes he is the only person who should be allowed to defeat his hated enemy. While attending to the injured Spider-Man, he learns the hero's secret identity. Following this discovery, he allows himself to be captured by police, expecting to be rescued by Stunner, who has been incapacitated and thus rendered unable to help him. Shortly after this he is murdered by Kaine. Resurrected some time later through the assistance of The Hand, he is revealed to have no memory of Spider-Man's true identity, as this discovery was not recorded on the computer chip that was used to reconstruct his memories.

Octaviuss had much trouble with returning to life and getting back his memories, most of all, he had to accept these memories. He was helped out by the female Doctor Octopus, whom was a huge admirer of him and had taken in his place when he had died. He finally managed to make amends with his past life and vowed to become a superior scientist and 'evil' genius once more.

Doctor Octopus, now in telepathic control of four additional cybernetic limbs and several "Octobots," learns that his years of fighting have irreparably damaged his body, leaving him with only months to live. Using the Octobots, he takes control of all the technology of New York City, hoping to transform the city into a utopia that is totally controlled by him. He is defeated by Spider-Man and several others, but escapes justice. He soon assembles a large supervillain team, and directs them to retrieve a number of items for him. Meanwhile, he targets the infant son of Menace, whose blood is composed entirely of Goblin serum, which he believes can be used to cure his failing body. Following the loss of the baby, he assembles a new Sinister Six, who fights alongside him against the Avengers, the Fantastic Four and Spider-Man. The heroes manage to defeat Octavius' plans to destroyan army base. Later, he kidnaps Tony Stark, with whom he had worked many years previously, before either had become involved in supervillainy or superheroics. He forces Stark to help him fix his broken body, and threatens to detonate a nuclear bomb should Stark fail. When Stark suggests seeking outside help, Octavius reveals that he expects Stark to fail, and hopes to use the explosion of the bomb, now set to go off in six minutes, to prove once and for all that he, Octavius, is the more intelligent of the two. Stark was able to foil his plans, but Doc Ock escaped.

Doc Ock's octobots took over the Apogee 1 Space Station and Spider-Man and the Human Torch have to head out to investigate it. They find John Jameson holding out against the rest of the crew who have been taken over and controlled by the octobots. As Spider-Man and Johnny defeat the octobots, Doctor Octopus attempts to destroy their shuttle on re-entry but fails. He turns to the Sinister Six an begins his final plan.

From his secret underwater headquarters Doc Ock raises his Octahedral and activates his "choir invisible". With his health deteriorating and death coming soon he uses the octo-satellites to scorch the earth by harnessing the greenhouse effect. He announces his plans to the world but offers to reverse the effects of Global Warming in exchange of their compliance. Doc Ock sends the Sinister Six to various locations to steal specific items, each being a means to take out the Avengers. He appeals before the UN where Chameleon is posing as Al Gore. When Spider-Man warns them and outs Chameleon, Doc Ock threatens to use his Octavian Lens once more.

When Doc Ock and the Sinister Six meet up to pick up Chameleon, it is revealed the Avengers tailed him. The Sinister Six take on the Avengers who are defeated one by one thanks to the Doc Ock's plans. Spider-Man is left to Doc Ock but manages to escape thanks to a distraction by Silver Sable. He returns again to his secret base and announces his demands to the world. Clean records for the Sinister Six, 2 billion in each of their accounts, and an academy built in his name & honor. He reveals he has factories around the world waiting to implement his plan upon the world’s compliance.

The remaining Sinister Six begin to question furthering their plan when Doc Ock threatens them to carry out their mission. Doc Ock broadcasts a message to the "Dark Corners", a group of various villains including Crossbones and Titanium Man, to carry out his plans upon his death. Unfortunately Titanium Man is a national hero in Russia and he alerts Spider-Man of the message. As Spider-Man continues to interfere with Doc Ock's plans he fires his Octavian Lens upon half the world, incinerating Symkaria and many more counries.

The incineration of Symkaria was revealed to be an act by Mysterio who is currently operating a Doc Ock battle suit and fighting Spider-Man. When Dock Ock realizes this he scolds Mysterio who turns to Spider-Man's side and reveals the location of Doc's secret base in Guatemala. When Spider-Man, Silver Sable and Black Widow arrive they are met by the Avengers under control by the octo-bots. Spider-Man finally makes it to Doc Ock who reveals his plans true intentions. Octavius had planned to kill just enough of the population so that those remaining would rebuild in his image and never forget him. Doc Ock is forced to use all eight of his suit's arms to restrain Spider-Man which causes him to eject from his suit to reach the lens control panel. Spider-Man breaks free and smashes the controls stopping Doc's plans once and for all.

Using a modified Octobot, Octavius successfully transfers his consciousness into Spider-Man. Leaving him with Peter's memories and body and Peter Parker in Doctor Octopus's dying one. Leaving Peter for dead, Otto begins to take on Spider-Man's life as his own. Peter eventually took control of the golden Octobot and had the Scorpion, Hydro-Man and the Trapster free him from the Raft. It was then that Peter tried to redo the body switch with Ock, but he had taken precautions to keep that from happening, but Peter instead had Otto relive all of Peter's moments showing Dr. Octopus how much had wasted his life. As a result of Peter's personality engrafted on his own, Dr. Octopus decided to continue on as Spider-Man and make up for his past mistakes as the Superior Spider-man.

After his victory over Spider-Man Otto breaks into one of his own laboratories in order to create the new equipment he wishes to use for being Spider-Man. As he breaks in, he sets off the laboratories defense systems and Otto is forced to fight off his own creations while a video of himself mocks him in the process. Vowing that Doctor Octopus's days of losing are over Otto dons his newly finished Spider-Man suit.

He spent over a year in the body of Peter Parker. He truly tried to be a hero, and in some way, improved on many areas of both Peter’s and Spider-Man’s lives. However, unfortunately he also created a host of new problems for Peter. Otto sacrificed himself to allow Peter to save his love, Anna Maria Marconi and seemed to be dead for good after allowing his psyche to be deleted.

However, Otto had actually transferred his consciousness into Living Brain and while The Jackal again attempted to disrupt Peter’s life again with more clones, Otto was able to transfer his mind into a clone of Peter and become the Superior Octopus.

After The Inheritors were able to return thanks to his creation of cloning tech based on their technology, Otto, now using the alias of Eliot Tolliver, resumed his role as the Superior Spider-Man and recruited his own Spider Army to end The Inheritors once and for all.

After The Inheritors were defeated again, he resumed his new life in San Francisco and has become its protector.

Characterization: Eogmaniacal and twisted, Otto Octavious is one of Spider-Man’s oldest and truly, most dangerous foes. He is one of the world's leading authorities on nuclear radiation and its effect on animal physiology as well as a brilliant engineer and inventor. Doctor Octopus is a superb strategist and a charismatic leader.

Friends and Foes: His greatest relationship is with Spider-Man as it is his life’s goal to defeat him and prove his superiority over him.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Superior Spider-Man: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Write your stories, fools. Mark this day well. For today, I cast off the last of the chains Peter Parker saddled me with...and begin to craft my own legacy. I am no more bound by Parker's life than I am by my own former existence. I shall create something entirely new. Something wonderful. This shall be my legacy. A Brand New Day...No, A Brand New Age. The Age of the Superior Spider-Man... The Greatest Hero of them All. And Nothing will stand in my way. - Superior Spider-Man

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN (OTTO OCTAVIUS)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 6; DPL: 10; FWPL: 6; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 10, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics (+10/+16), Athletics (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 5 (+8/+12), Deception (+0), Expertise [Radiation] 4 (+10), Insight (+1), Intimidation 2 (+2), Perception (+2/+10), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Web Shooters] 11 (+11), Stealth (+10), Technology 5 (+11) [Inventor], Treatment 1 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (3), Inventor, Move-by Action. Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Spider-Sense: Enhanced Advantages 3 (Move-by Action, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge), Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Skills 5 (Acrobatics 6 ranks, Close Combat [Unarmed] 4), Enhanced Skills 4 (Perception 8 ranks, Flaw: Limited to Danger Sense checks), Senses 3 (Danger Sense [Mental, Ranged, Extended); 17 pts
Does Whatever a Spider Can: Leaping 1 (15 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2 [Normal speed]), Enhanced Strength 1 (12 Tons, Flaw: Limited to lifting); 7 pts
Web Shooters: 32 pts Traits, Removable (-6 pts); 23 pts
Web Throwing: Move Object 9 (Extra: Split, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Superior Spider-Man Suit: Protection 1; 1 pt
Superior Lenses: Senses 3 (Tracking [Visual], Infravision, Communication Link [Radio, Spider-Bots]), Features 2 (A.I., GPS Receiver); 5 pts
Communication System: Senses 1 (Radio); 1 pt
Superior Spider Legs: Extra Limbs 4 (4 Spider Legs); 4 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +3
Unarmed +8 (+12 with Spider Sense) [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +0
Web Shooters +11 [Web Slinging Affliction +9; Web Spinning Create +9; Web Throwing Move Object +9]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 (+13 with Spider Sense) [DC21/23] Parry +11 (+13 with Spider Sense) [DC21/23]
Toughness +7 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Otto always has, and always will be very arrogant and overconfident in his superior intellect, which can be his downfall.
Power Loss: Some strong strains of the flu, a radiation drain or just his own mental state can cause Otto-Eliot-Peter lose his powers. If he does, his stats change to STR 2, STA 2, AGL 2, DEX 1, and FGT 1.
Relationships: Otto still has strong feeling for Anna Maria Marconi.
Secret Identity: Otto hides his identity of both being a clone of Peter Parker and his own Otto Octavius identity with an assumed identity of Eliot Tolliver.
Superiority Complex: Otto is out to prove that he is a better Spider-Man than the real Peter Parker could ever be, but that sometimes comes with consequences he can’t foresee.

Abilities 68 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 50 + Defenses 14 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: I'm probably going to take another run at this later. I think if I marinate on it, I can do more with the suit.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.