J-Mart: Kung Lao, Ken Masters, Captain Carter, John Preston

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: J-Mart: Mordru, Midnighter

Post by Ares »

Goldar wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:31 am
Ah, thanks for the info, Davies!

But wait...Darkseid is more powerful? I thought Modru was like the most powerful being around, no?
As presented, Modru should have been more powerful than Darkseid. Modru was someone who the entire 30 member Legion didn't want to have direct conflicts with, while Darkseid was usually someone a single Superman level person could fight evenly.

The Great Darkness Saga really played up Darkseid's threat, making him a bigger threat than he'd ever been portrayed as before in terms of scope and power. So to sell that, Modru was jobbed out to really sell Darkseid's threat.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Ares wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:03 am
Goldar wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:31 am
Ah, thanks for the info, Davies!

But wait...Darkseid is more powerful? I thought Modru was like the most powerful being around, no?
As presented, Modru should have been more powerful than Darkseid. Modru was someone who the entire 30 member Legion didn't want to have direct conflicts with, while Darkseid was usually someone a single Superman level person could fight evenly.

The Great Darkness Saga really played up Darkseid's threat, making him a bigger threat than he'd ever been portrayed as before in terms of scope and power. So to sell that, Modru was jobbed out to really sell Darkseid's threat.
Thank you for the info, Ares!

I hate when they make them job out like that!
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Have you nerfed Martian Manhunter? I liked him as Pl 14 with 17 str :(
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Harnos wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:05 pm Have you nerfed Martian Manhunter? I liked him as Pl 14 with 17 str :(
I did! With my recent top end adjustment, he dropped a PL. I'm starting some testing with my higher PL builds so he may get shifted back after.

I know he is often portrayed as equal, or more powerful than Superman, but I like him a bit below but more versatile overall and a higher level telepath. If I do raise his PL again, it will probably be with his mental powers more so than physically, but I could see both.

Plus, I brought Diana, Batman, Cap and Iron Man all down a PL, too, so he's in good company. ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Odin: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! We're dropping one special today before we get into a new set of specials in honor of this favored day of mine!

Aye. I am an old man--foolish and fond, and quick with my temper. There are times I show little wisdom. And yet...here is wisdom. The strange wisdom of the world-tree I gave this eye to. The tree that is everything. That has its roots and branches in all that is. There are ten realms in this reality--ten spheres, ten universes, and the tree winds through them all. Through every star and planet. Every hero and villain. Every life. Every story. I am Odin Borson, who build the world from corpse-meat. I am Odin One-Eye, and sometimes my one eye is open. But above all, I am Odin All-Father. I am the one who speaks for the tree. I am the king of all stories...and you are my child. - Odin

ODIN
PL16

OPL: 16; SPL: 15; DPL: 16; FWPL: 15; HP: 1
Height: 6-9
Weight: 700
Eyes: Blue
Hair: White
Skin: Fair
Race: Asgardian
Identity: Public
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Asgard
Team Affiliations: The Council of Skyfathers

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 16, STAMINA 15, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 7, AWARENESS 14, PRESENCE 9

SKILLS: Athletics (+16), Close Combat [Spear] 1 (+13), Deception 7 (+16), Expertise [Magic] 13 (+20) [Artificer, Ritualist], Expertise [Military] 8 (+15), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 15 (+22), Insight 9 (+23), Intimidation 11 (+20) [Startle], Investigation 6 (+13) [Well-Informed], Perception 2 (+16), Persuasion 7 (+16) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Spear] 1 (+13), Stealth (+2), Treatment 1 (+8), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (2) (Spear Strike, Spear Thrown), Artificer, Benefit (10) (Wealth, Status, Resources 10 – All-Father of Asgard), Connected, Diehard, Equipment (7), Extraordinary Effort, Favored Foe (Giants), Great Endurance, Improved Critical (1) (Spear), Inspire (2), Leadership, Power Attack (4) (Odinforce, Spear Strike, Spear Thrown, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (8), Ritualist, Seize Initiative, Startle, Takedown (1), Trance, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Asgardian Physiology: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 7, Immunity 4 (Aging, Disease, Heat, Cold), Senses 2 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Feature 1 (Increased Mass), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 20 pts
Asgardian Strength: Enhanced Strength 6 (100,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
Allspeak: Comprehend 3 (Speak, Understand, Understood in all languages); 6 pts
Immortality: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Immortality 1 (1 month); 13 pts
Odin Has Heard Your Prayers: Senses 21 (Normal Hearing [Extended 20], Flaw: Limited to prayers to Odin); 11 pts
All Father Awareness: Enhanced Awareness 4, Immunity 10 (Mental effects, Flaw: Limited [Half effect]), Senses 12 (Normal Vision [Penetrates Concealment, Counters Illusion], Cosmic Awareness [Mental], Detect Magic [Mental; Ranged, Acute, Analytical], Magic Awareness [Mental]); 25 pts
Asgardian Armor: 12 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 10 pts
Asgardian Plate: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 10; 12 pts
Gungnir: 25 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-10 pts), Extra: Indestructible; 15 pts
The Swaying One: 24 pt Array; 25 pts
Thrown Spear: Piercing Strength-based Ranged Damage 3 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Dangerous, Penetrating 10, Homing 6); 24 pts
Spear Thrust: Piercing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Dangerous, Penetrating 10); 1 pt

The Odinforce: 140 pt Array; 142 pts
Odinforce: Variable 20 (100 pts Traits, Mystic Descriptor; Extra: Action [Move Action], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 140 pts
Boon from Odin: Variable 20 (100 pts Traits, Mystic Descriptor; Extra: Affects Others Only, Ranged, Flaw: Slow); 1 pt
Odinforce Blast: Ranged Multiattack Mystic Energy Damage 20; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(35 pts)
Headquarters: (33 pts)
Asgard: Size - A, Tough - 20, Features - Communications, Defense Systems, Deathtraps, Dimensional Portal (The Bifrost [Rainbow Bride]), Dock, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Grounds, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Sealed, Security System, Workshop; 33 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +16]
Spear +13 [Gungnir Strike +19, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +12 [Odinforce Blast +20, Multiattack]
Spear +13 [Gungir Thrown +19, Critical 18-20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +19 (+19 without Defensive Roll, +9 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +14

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Due to the sacrifice of one of his eyes, he is vulnerable with perception checks to his left side.
Enemy: Ymir, Surtur, Nekron, Thanos, Darkseid.
Relationships: His wife, Frigga, and sons Thor and Loki.
Responsibility: To rule and protect Asgard and the Nine Realms.
Rivalry: Zeus.
Weakness: Approximately once a year, Odin must recharge the Odinforce by entering the Odinsleep and is left prone and defenseless during that time. The duration of the Odinsleep varies from time to time; sometimes it's a single night while other occasions are for more than a week.

Abilities 150 + Skills 41 (84 ranks) + Advantages 45 + Powers 248 + Defenses 10 = 495 / 495

Build Comments: Thor’s daddy in all his bad ass glory. The Odin of the Thorpacoverse comes in at a beatable (barely) PL16, as will my Zeus did to be even with my Thanos and Darkseid, because I wanted them all the be pretty much equal. I think any of them have a slim shot at Galactus but it ain't bloody likely and Thor or Superman would have to work pretty dang hard to take them down solo, but they can.

Secret Origins: Odin is the son of Bor, the first Asgardian, and the frost giantess Bestella. Bor and Bestella also had two other sons known as Vili and Ve. These were Odin's older brothers. Odin and his two brothers had many adventures in their youth, With the aid of his brothers, a young Odin battles and defeats the fire demon Surtur. Many millennia later, Odin would reveal the origin of his powers and the eventual fate of his brothers; they were killed by Surtur, but gave their power to Odin. After Surtur was defeated, Bor abdicated his throne to Odin, making Odin the new ruler of Asgard and due to his vital link to the realm, came to be known by the epithet of All-Father.

The Story so Far: Odin fell in love with Gaea, in time becoming the father of the Thunder God Thor as he wanted a son who would be strong on both Asgard and Earth. He created a cave in Norway in which Gaea gave birth. He notices that Thor's eyes are those of Bor, and realizes one day 'the wheel will turn again'. He then returned to Asgard with Thor, where his wife, Frigga, acts as Thor's mother. Odin is also the adoptive father of Loki, a child of Giant blood whose father King Laufey is killed by Odin in battle. Odin adopted Loki as part of a deal with his father Bor's spirit so that Bor would stop haunting him for replacing him, unaware that Bor's intention was that the child would bring about his son's downfall.

Despite Odin's best intentions, his sons become bitter enemies, with the feuding often requiring Odin's mediation. Odin also was the father of Balder by the way of Frigga; thus, Balder is a half-brother to Thor.

Thor's preoccupation with Midgard (the Asgardian term for Earth) is a constant annoyance for Odin who, as punishment, has taken Thor's powers on at least three occasions. Thor's acceptance of the sanctions, along with his willingness to atone for his transgressions, his continued noble intentions, and his bravery, eventually convince the All-Father to relent and thereby restore Thor's original powers and identity.

As ruler and protector of the Asgardian people, Odin has been involved in a number of crises that have threatened Asgard and, on occasion, Earth. Notable examples included stopping Loki, the Storm Giant Skagg, and Surtur (with the aid of Thor and Balder); defeating the Absorbing Man after he absorbs almost all of Asgard; banishing the monster Mangog; sacrificing his right eye to Mimir for the wisdom to stop Ragnarök (Twilight of the Gods); attempting to stop the Celestials in the armor of the Destroyer; engaging inter-dimensional tyrant Dormammu in a "cosmic chess" match as champions of Master Order and Lord Chaos respectively, and preventing Surtur from lighting the Sword of Doom.

Odin has also died three times in defense of Asgard. On the first occasion, Odin is killed by Mangog, although he is later revived by the goddess of Death Hela to prevent Pluto from claiming him. On the second occasion, the Celestials melt the Destroyer to slag, which at the time holds the life force of Odin and all Asgardians with the exception of Thor. Thor, however, collects a portion of godly energy from each pantheon and uses it to revive Odin, who in turn resurrects the Asgardians.

The final occasion involves a massive battle against arch-foe Surtur on Earth, with Odin apparently dying once and for all, as the Odin Force—the source of Odin's power—migrates to his son, Thor. As Thor eventually destroys the Loom of Fates and stops Asgard from perpetuating Ragnarok—which ends the entire Norse pantheon and Asgard itself—Thor believes Odin may be dead permanently. The Odin Force appears to him in humanoid form and says that this was Odin's plan all along: that he break the cycle. Eventually, though, Thor was nearly driven mad by the power and it was returned to a resurrected Odin who continues to rule Asgard.

Characterization: Odin is a complex being. He can be compassionate but if more often portrayed as stoic at best and petty and vindictive at worst. He is also a master tactician and schemer. In addition to feats such as preventing Ragnarok, it has been revealed that Odin was planning for the arrival of the Celestial Fourth Host for centuries. Odin's wisdom was such that he was able to ultimately thwart the eternal cycle of Rangnorak forever by sending Thor to Midgard as part of his secret plan to destroy the Asgardian cosmic entities known as Those Who Sit Above in Shadow. Even after Odin had perished fighting Surtur, his plan for his son succeeded and set all of Asgard free.

Friends and Foes: Odin has many allies in the nine realms and probably double that in enemies. His greatest foes are the Frost Giant Ymir and the Fire Giant Surtur. He remains close to his wife and sons, even Loki most of the time and puts the needs of Asgard
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Odin: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Odin: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Hyperion: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're starting a new special run here at J-Mart, who for a little while be named PARAGONS R US!

When I was a boy... My father taught me how to see the world. He taught me a code-- Truth without compromise, thought without error, and all things for the betterment of the whole. And he was right. And he was wrong. He was right to show me the whole. To show me how to work to make all things better. But... the whole is made up of many parts. Some lost, that must be restored. Some broken, that must be mended. Some yet to release their potential. That must be guided. And all of those parts-- from the smallest to the largest, from the lowest sinner to the highest saint-- must be understood. If we flinch from that understanding--declare it impossible, inconceivable-- Then all truth is compromised. All thought will contain error. When I was a boy, my father taught me how to see the world. Now... Now I will teach you. And perhaps I'll be right. And perhaps I'll be wrong. But we can try. - Hyperion

HYPERION IV (EARTH-T13034)
PL14

OPL: 14; SPL: 8; DPL: 14; FWPL: 12; HP: 1
Height: 6-4
Weight: 460
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Auburn
Skin: Fair
Race: Eternal
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: The Avengers; JLAXI

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+18), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Trucker] 3 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Atomic Vision] 6 (+10), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Unarmed), Diehard, Great Endurance, Interpose, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed)

POWERS:
Fire in the Eyes: Feature 1 (Harmless flames that flicker within the depths of the character’s eyes, providing a +2 circumstance bonus to Presence-based checks); 1 pt
Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 5 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 5 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 15, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Feature 1 (Longevity), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 34 pts
Super Speed: Quickness 8; 8 pts
Super Senses: Senses 17 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2], Normal Vision [Extended 2], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4, Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]); 17 pts
Flight Array: 29 pt Dynamic Array; 32 pts
Hypersonic Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), (Extra: Dynamic); 29 pts
Super Speed: Speed 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Quickness 6 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]); 1 pt

Hyperion Power: 32 pt Array; 33 pts
Atomic Vision: Ranged Energy Damage 16; 32 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Extra: Cone Area [60 ft], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +18]
Ranged Attack +4
Atomic Vision +10 [Atomic Vision +16]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +18 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Man out of Time: Even though his Earth was very much the same, he feels out of his place on this new Earth.
Motivation: Protecting his new home world.
Relationships: Hyperion has become a good friend of Thor, whom he calls "brother."
Weakness: Hyperion is vulnerable to Argonite radiation in the same way that Kryptonians are to Kryptonite. And his powers can fade or be lost if he is denied access to solar energy for extended periods of time..

Abilities 106 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 130 + Defenses 16 = 269 / 269

Build Comments: This Hyperion build is based on the new version that was introduced as part of Hickman’s Avengers book. He’s pretty similar to the other Mark Milton’s, but he is MARCUS Milton and he’s actually an Eternal mutant, for all intents and purposes, with his cosmic/solar energy absorption abilities that give him his paragon style powers. He’s basically another Marvel ripoff of Superman. I didn’t give him all the tricks that I would the experienced Squadron Supreme Mark Milton or King Hyperion, although those will be coming later. But he’s gone toe to toe with Hulk and Star Brand, so I definitely think he deserves this PL.

Secret Origins: The super-being that would become known as Hyperion came to Earth-T13034 as a baby, sent as the only survivor of the race of Eternals from a dying world. A human named Father raised him under the name of Marcus Milton, teaching him the morals of society. As an adult he became the super hero known as Hyperion, and protected the world along a team of super humans known as the Squadron Supreme.

The Story so Far: One day, his universe and another started colliding. While he was trying to prevent the destruction of his reality, he was left in the void his destroyed universe once occupied, as the only survivor, floating in nothingness.

But the group of scientists known as A.I.M. from our universe managed to pull him to their reality. He spent most of his time in captivity, until he was freed by the Avengers, who offered him a place in their ranks.

Characterization: Marcus is struggling with the loss of his universe but is finding his place in this one and is determined not to let his new home share the same fate as his Earth.

Friends and Foes: Marcus is getting along well with most of his teammates and seems to be bonding with Thor the most quickly.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Hyperion: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

My friends think that violence is the answer far too often. I'm no longer so sure. - Hyperion

HYPERION IV (EARTH-13034)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 3; DPL: 10; FWPL: 10; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1 [13], STAMINA 12, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+1/+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+7), Deception (+2), Expertise [Trucker] 3 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Atomic Vision] 8 (+8), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Diehard, Great Endurance, Interpose, Power Attack

POWERS:
Invulnerability: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 5, Immunity 10 (Life Support), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance); 19 pts
Hyper Power: 24 pt Array; 27 pts
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 12; 24 pts
Atomic Vision Ranged Heat Energy Damage 12; 1 pt
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Air; Extra: Cone Area x2 [120 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 17 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2], Normal Vision [Extended 2], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4, Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]); 1 pt

Hyper Movement: 22 pt Array; 25 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 11 (4,000 mph/8 mpr); 22 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other Star Systems]); 1 pt
Super Speed: Speed 10 (2,000 mph/4 mpr), Quickness 10; 1 pt
Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 10 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +1; Super Strength Unarmed +13]
Ranged Attack +0
Atomic Vision +8 [Atomic Vision +12]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +14 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Man out of Time: Even though his Earth was very much the same, he feels out of his place on this new Earth.
Relationships: Hyperion has become a good friend of Thor, whom he calls "brother."
Weakness: Hyperion is vulnerable to Argonite radiation in the same way that Kryptonians are to Kryptonite. And his powers can fade or be lost if he is denied access to solar energy for extended periods of time..

Abilities 50 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 71 + Defenses 12 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Hyperion as a PC.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Hyperion: Earth-PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

...You have mistaken me for someone else. I saw everything perish, yes. That much is true. But it didn't claim me. I remained apart from it. I am its opposing force. I am the sun-- and I have no use for death. - Hyperion

HYPERION IV (EARTH-13034)
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: 6; DPL: 12; FWPL: 11; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3 [16], STAMINA 14, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+3/+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception (+2), Expertise [Trucker] 3 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Atomic Vision] 8 (+8), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Diehard, Great Endurance, Interpose, Power Attack

POWERS:
Invulnerability: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 13, Immunity 10 (Life Support), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance); 27 pts
Hyper Power: 32 pt Array; 35 pts
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 13, Enhanced Strength 6 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 32 pts
Atomic Vision Ranged Heat Energy Damage 14; 1 pt
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 12 (Air; Extra: Cone Area x2 [120 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 17 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2], Normal Vision [Extended 2], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4, Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]); 1 pt

Hyper Movement: 22 pt Array; 25 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 11 (4,000 mph/8 mpr); 22 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other Star Systems]); 1 pt
Super Speed: Speed 10 (2,000 mph/4 mpr), Quickness 10; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +3; Super Strength Unarmed +16]
Ranged Attack +0
Atomic Vision +8 [Atomic Vision +14]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +16 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 62 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 86 + Defenses 14 = 180 / 180

Build Comments: Hyperion for Earth-PC2.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Hyperion: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Eventually
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Sure
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Probably
Thorpocalypse

Blue Marvel: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

This new item fils the bill for both Father's Day and PARAGONS R US!

I'd do whatever is right, wherever and whenever it needs to be done -- and I wouldn't care what anyone thinks. Not anymore. - Blue Marvel

BLUE MARVEL
PL14

OPL: 14; SPL: 12; DPL: 14; FWPL: 11; HP: 1
Height: 6-4
Weight: 230
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Skin: Brown
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: New York, New York, USA
Team Affiliations: The JLAXI; Stormwatch

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 19, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 10, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+22), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+9), Deception (+2), Expertise [Physical Sciences] 10 (+20), Insight 3 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Antimatter Manipulation] 5 (+9), Stealth (+4), Technology 8 (+18)

ADVANTAGES: Diehard, Equipment (6), Favored Foe (Anti-Man), Improved Initiative (4), Power Attack (2) (Antimatter Blast, Unarmed)

POWERS:
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 4 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 4 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 17, Feature 1 (Longevity), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 34 pts
Super Senses: Senses 17 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2], Normal Vision [Extended 2], Detect Anti-Matter [Mental, Ranged, Acute, Extended 2], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic]); 17 pts
Antimatter Light: Environment 3 (120 ft radius; Light [eliminates all concealment provided by natural darkness, counter darkness effects with Power Check]); 6 pts; 6 pts
Anti Anti-Man: Immunity 1 (Anti-Man's Powers); 1 pt
Antimatter Repulsion: 35 pt Dynamic Array; 37 pts
Antimatter Flight: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]) (Extra: Dynamic); 35 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Antimatter Manipulation: 34 pt Array; 37 pts
Antimatter Blast: Ranged Antimatter Energy Damage 17; 34 pts
Antimatter Constructs: Create 16 (Antimatter Constructs, Extra: Precise); 1 pt
Antimatter Burst: Burst Area Antimatter Energy Damage 14 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
Antimatter Drain: Weaken Antimatter Energy 17 (Extra: Ranged, Flaw: Limited to Anti-Matter); 1 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Headquarters: (26 pts)
The Sanctuary: Size: Huge, Tough: 20, Features 16 (Communications, Computer, Concealed 3, Defense System, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System 1, Workshop); 26 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +9 [Unarmed +19]
Ranged Attack +3
Antimatter Control +9 [Antimatter Blast +17; Antimatter Weaken +17; Antimatter Constructs +16]
Special Attack [Antimatter Burst +14, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +18 (+9 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Guilt: Adam feels guilty about accepting the government's directive against him being the Blue Marvel for almost 50 years.
Motivation: Making up for the time he was in exile and using his powers to benefit the world.
Prejudice: While the world has changed, it's sometimes hard for him to let go of the resentment of the prejudice leveled against him earlier in his life.
Relationships: His wife and children and through everything, his best friend Conner, now Anti-Man.
Secret Identity: For years he lived in secret as Adam Brashear and he still tries to keep his personal and superhero life separate.

Abilities 130 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 136 + Defenses 14 = 309 / 309

Comments: I finally got ahold of the series Adam: The Legend of the Blue Marvel a few years ago and I thought it was really good. So even though I am trying to limit the high level paragons in the Thorpacoverse, The Blue Marvel is in.

Expect this origin to be rewritten soon. I have an idea about bringing all the Marvels; Carol, Billy, both Adams, etc. all together as one big Marvel family.

Secret Origins: Adam Brashear is an African-American and was a fullback at Cornell University who graduated magna cum laude. He is also a veteran of the Korean War, a member of the Marine Corps with two Silver Stars. While in the Marine Corps he met Conner Sims, a Caucasian man who became his best friend. Brashear later became the project lead on a scientific attempt to harness anti-matter through the creation of a "Negative Reactor" which created a bridge between the Negative Zone and the positive matter universe.

This reactor would then allow for an almost unlimited source of clean energy by allowing devices to tap the energy generated by a stable event horizon balanced between these positive and negative universes. Due to the unexpected explosion of the reactor during one of Sims’ visits, both Brashear and Sims were subjected to mutagenic radiation generated by the then unstable event horizon. While Sims' body disassembled into energy, Brashear became a stable "antimatter reactor" and developed a set of superhuman abilities.

The Story so Far: Adam took the superhero identity of the Blue Marvel and began working with Nick Fury and other covert heroes and superhumans in dealing with metahuman threats. In 1962 Adam received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President John F. Kennedy on the day the President asked him to retire; it had been discovered by the several government leaders that he was an African-American. As the Blue Marvel, Brashear wore a full-face helmet - but when it was damaged in a battle with his former friend, Conner Sims, who became the supervillain known as Anti-Man, his identity was revealed. A massive controversy ensued as the America of 1962 was too racist to accept a black super-man. The President reluctantly decided to ask Brashear to step back. Torn between myriad considerations, the Blue Marvel conceded.

He came back for one final mission and defeated the herald of an alien armada bent on enslaving the Earth. After that fight, he left the Medal of Freedom in the Blue Area of the Moon, where he first met Uatu the Watcher. His conversation with the Watcher was interrupted by the late arrival of the alien armada and he defeated them. The United States Government used this final mission to fake his death. The government later set up S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Marlene Frazier as Brashear's monitor under the cover name Candace. Frazier eventually became his lover, his wife and the mother of their two children. Brashear later became a tenured professor of physics at the University of Maryland.

Connor Sims, the Anti-Man, became mentally unstable after the accident and became a radical who violently hated racism, partly because of his history with his friend Adam and what they went through in the 50-60’s. In his power-fueled insanity, he sought to eradicate it and humanity right along with it if that was the only solution. When Anti-Man found a way to return from the anti-matter universe, he defeated the Avengers. Iron Man tracked down Brashear and with the help of Reed Richards they came up with a plan to stop Anti-Man. After a surprise confrontation with Sims on the moon, Brashear was left unconscious. Later an extended fight with Anti-Man resulted in Candace Brashear's death. At the conclusion of their battle, Brashear took Anti-Man up to the edge of the ionosphere and siphoned off his remaining "anti-matter energy" which caused his waveform to permanently de-cohere and collapse.

Or so we thought…

Afterward, Brashear returned to his life as a professor until he was talked into joining the superhero community again by Isaiah Bradley. He still doesn’t work as a full-time hero, but has assisted both The Avengers and Stormwatch on occasion and remains a reserve member of Isaiah’s Avenger’s Team.

Characterization: Adam still struggles with the way he was treated in the past but continues to work on becoming the hero that he felt he always should have been.

Friends and Foes: He has become friends with Isaiah Bradley, who similarly lost a number of years due to his mental degeneration and had a similar experience with the America of the mid-20th century.

His greatest foe was his former friend Anti-Man and his loss still haunts him.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.