J-Mart: Kung Lao, Ken Masters, Captain Carter, John Preston

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

The Lizard: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Perhaps
Thorpocalypse

Kraven the Hunter: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I am not perfect, Belka, Squirrel Girl, and I will have setbacks. There will be times when others tell you to give up hope, that if he ever existed, the Kraven you knew is dead. But they are not reckoning with the persistence of a hunter. There will come a day when I stand beside you as an ally. - Kraven the Hunter

KRAVEN THE HUNTER
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 6; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 6-0
Weight: 235
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Skin: Olive
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Public
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: Kraven Family

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+8), Athletics 6 (+13), Close Combat [Short Blades] 2 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+14), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Chemistry] 2 (+5), Expertise [Hunter] 7 (+10), Insight 5 (+10), Intimidation 5 (+7), Perception 9 (+14) [Tracking], Persuasion (+2), Stealth 4 (+10), Technology 1 (+4), Treatment 1 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Benefit (3) (Wealth 3 [Millionaire]), Chokehold, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (2), Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (English, Swahili, 3 others, Base: Russian), Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1), Tracking

POWERS:
Jungle Serum Enhancements: Feature 1 (Longevity), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr); 4 pts
Enhanced Senses: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Scent [Extended, Accurate]); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Spear: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts
Dual Knives: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous, Double; 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +11 [Spear +9, Critical 19-20]
Short Blades +13 [Knives +7, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +10

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Spider-Man.
Honor: He has a strict code of honor that he will not break.
Obsession: With hunting and the law of the jungle.
Power Loss: Without regular doses of him serum, he loses his powers and his stats go to STR 4, STA 5, AGL 4.
Relationships: With his family (at most of them).

Abilities 88 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 19 + Powers 8 + Defenses 10 = 150 / 150
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Kraven the Hunter: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Tattooedman

Re: J-Mart: Scarlet Spiders (Kaine and Ben), Superior Spider-Man, Spidey Foe PCs

Post by Tattooedman »

As a long time Web-Head fan, I'm loving this set of builds. Plus, it is really interesting to see the various "Spider-Men" back-to-back for comparison of the small differences they have.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
JDRook

Re: Superior Spider-Man: Earth-PC1

Post by JDRook »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:25 am Web Shooters: 30 pts Traits, Removable (-6 pts); 24 pts
Web Swinging: Movement 1 (Swinging, Extra: Linked [Flight]), Flight 2 (8 mph/120 fpr; Extra: Linked [Swinging], Flaw: Platform); 4 pts
Web Slinging: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage/Sleight of Hand; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Alternate Resistance [Resisted by Dodge], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to 2 Degrees); 24 pts
Web Throwing: Move Object 8 (Extra: Split); 1 pt
Web Objects: Create 8 (Extra: Stationary, Tether, Quirk 2 [No complex objects, Stationary requires anchor]); 1 pt
Nice build tricks! Web Swinging as Platform Flight is genius! That works so well for Spidey getting knocked out of the air, although I don't know if you even need real Swinging on that. I'd be tempted to make Swinging a Descriptor of the Platform Flight and adding a Complication that Spidey needs highpoints to swing from or he's just going to have to book it across open fields.

I just recently realized that 2nd degree Snare (Defenseless & Immobile) technically doesn't stop a target from continuing to take any action that doesn't require moving from the spot, although being Defenseless means the target is susceptible to Finishing Attacks and is therefore super-easy to be taken out by the next attack, which is a perfect setup to use Web Objects to Trap the target in web cuffs or a full cocoon if you wanted.

Is Web Throwing just picking up and throwing things with Move Object? I guess that's easily strong enough to hurl a car.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

JDRook wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:18 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:25 am Web Shooters: 30 pts Traits, Removable (-6 pts); 24 pts
Web Swinging: Movement 1 (Swinging, Extra: Linked [Flight]), Flight 2 (8 mph/120 fpr; Extra: Linked [Swinging], Flaw: Platform); 4 pts
Web Slinging: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage/Sleight of Hand; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Alternate Resistance [Resisted by Dodge], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to 2 Degrees); 24 pts
Web Objects: Create 8 (Extra: Stationary, Tether, Quirk 2 [No complex objects, Stationary requires anchor]); 1 pt
Nice build tricks! Web Swinging as Platform Flight is genius! That works so well for Spidey getting knocked out of the air, although I don't know if you even need real Swinging on that. I'd be tempted to make Swinging a Descriptor of the Platform Flight and adding a Complication that Spidey needs highpoints to swing from or he's just going to have to book it across open fields.

I just recently realized that 2nd degree Snare (Defenseless & Immobile) technically doesn't stop a target from continuing to take any action that doesn't require moving from the spot, although being Defenseless means the target is susceptible to Finishing Attacks and is therefore super-easy to be taken out by the next attack, which is a perfect setup to use Web Objects to Trap the target in web cuffs or a full cocoon if you wanted.

Is Web Throwing just picking up and throwing things with Move Object? I guess that's easily strong enough to hurl a car.

Good point on the Swinging. It's really just for flavor and I like changing it to a descriptor. I didn't want to be too cheap by tacking on that Complication but it does make sense.

Your thoughts on Web Throwing are correct. I didn't think about that second degree Affliction issue either. There's a Bound condition (defenseless, immobilized and impaired) that may work better but it will cost more and even getting back a couple of points on the swinging I'm not sure I can fit it in.
Thorpocalypse

Vermin: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

VERMIN
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL 1; DPL: 9; FWPL 6; HP: 1
Height: 6-0
Weight: 185
Eyes: Red
Hair: Brown
Skin: Pink
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Public
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: New York, New York, USA
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+7), Athletics 5 (+11), Deception (-2), Expertise [Survival] 7 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 7 (-2/+5), Perception 6 (+7), Persuasion (-2), Stealth 4 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (2) (Claws/Bite, Unarmed), Animal Empathy, Close Attack (1), Power Attack (2) (Claws/Bite, Unarmed)

POWERS:
Rat Like Body: Protection 1, Senses 8 (Darkvision, Ultrahearing, Scent [Acute, Extended, Ranged, Tracking]), Leaping 2 (30 ft), Speed 3 (16 mph/250 fpr), Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling 1 [Speed rank -1]), Feature 2 (Insulating Fur, Iron Stomach); 18 pts
Claws and Fangs: Slashing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Split); 2 pts
Vermin Control: 28 pt Array; 29 pts
Vermin Communication: Comprehend 2 (Understand, Understood by Animals, Flaw: Limited [Rats, Mice, Dogs]), Burst Cumulative Area Affliction 6 (Resisted/Overcome by Will, 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Burst Area 2 [60 ft radius], Flaw: Limited [Rats, Mice, Dogs]); 20 pts
Rat Summoning: Summon 3 (45 pt minion [Rat Swarm], Extra: Active, Controlled, Mental Link, Sacrifice, Flaw: Self Powered); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +6; Claws/Bite +7]
Ranged Attack +2
Special Attack [Vermin Control Affliction +6, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +8 (+8 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
NONE: He’s a rat guy for Pete’s sake, how uncomplicated can you get? (I suppose you could throw in an unsettling appearance complication, or Motivation: Hunger, but no, he gets no chance for HP because I hate mice/rats of any kind...)

Abilities 56 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 41 + Defenses 7 = 125 / 125

Build Comments: I love Vermin as a jobber villain. Creepy looking, probably smells bad, can put up a decent fight against street level heroes but goes down in the end like he's supposed to. He had a great moment in Avengers: Academy where he went at it with Tigra and after Pym asked her how she was, she said "cat vs. mouse...what do you think?" ;)

But he did give Spidey a good run once to where Cap had to come and save his bacon. But he's still a rat man and I hate rodents so he will get a beatdown soon, once I get a few more builds done.

Secret Origins: As a child, Edward Whelan was regularly molested by his father; a wealthy and influential judge. As a protective measure, Edward would shut himself down and suppress these memories, burying deep and festering feelings of hatred, rage, shame, and loathing for his father and for himself. They lay dormant into Edward's adult years, when he became a successful geneticist.

While searching for Arnim Zola, Edward found himself in the employ of Baron Zemo, only to discover that Zemo had been transforming human beings into hideously deformed mutates. When Edward objected, he found himself becoming Zemo's newest test subject, undergoing torture and experiments which unleashed the hidden ugliness within. The years of abuse left Edward feeling so low and ashamed that he was virtually sub-human, a worthless thing, nothing more than vermin. Transformed into a rat-like creature, Vermin's intelligence was that of angry child, and he loyally served Zemo until they were both defeated by Captain America.

The Story so Far: Fleeing into the sewers of New York City, Vermin reemerged with an army of rats at his command but was again defeated by Captain America with the help of Spider-Man, who inadvertently triggered lifelong and severe arachnophobia within Vermin. Escaping to the sewers, Vermin cowered from Spider-Man, emerging only at night to murder and cannibalize innocent citizens. He found himself targeted by Kraven the Hunter, in disguise as Spider-Man, who defeated Vermin and held him captive as bait for the true Spider-Man, who was in a severely weakened state. Vermin defeated and nearly killed the hero, but was stopped by Kraven who released Vermin back to the sewers as a distraction for Spider-Man while Kraven committed suicide. Spider-Man defeated Vermin by tricking him to flee outside during the daytime, which confused and terrified the man-rat, whom Spider-Man then left in the care of Reed Richards.

Discovering that Vermin's mutation was more rooted in psychology than biology, Richards handed Vermin over to the care of Dr. Ashley Kafka at Ravencroft Sanitarium, the first person who was able to get through Vermin and reach the Edward Whelan within. After feeling abandoned and betrayed when Dr. Kafka took a day off, Vermin flew into a rage, killing several guards and cops in his escape. After encountering a hallucination of himself as a little boy, he took the "child" under his protection, and sought out their home to kill his/their father. He nearly succeeded, but the love he still had for his father kept him from acting on his hatred, and he tried to commit suicide by provoking the police outside to open fire. He was saved by Spider-Man, and returned to the care of Dr. Kafka, where he became more violent and desperate between transformations back to his original human state. He knew he was dying, and like a scared rat in a corner, that made him even more dangerous.

Characterization: Vermin utilizes bestial ferocity, animal cunning, and instincts which make him a very formidable hand-to-hand combatant. He once bested Spider-Man in a physical struggle, but Kraven the Hunter prevented Vermin from killing Spider-Man. Before being altered by Zola, Whelan was an accomplished geneticist. As Vermin, his intellect is reduced to a childlike (yet cunning) level and he suffers from paranoid delusions.

Friends and Foes: Although he has gone up against Spider-Man and several other heroes, his greatest foe is himself.
RAT SWARM
PL6

OPL: 6; DPL: 6; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH --, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 0, INTELLECT --, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -3

SKILLS: Close Combat [Bite] 10 (+10), Deception (-3), Insight (+0) , Intimidation (-3), Perception (0), Persuasion (-3), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: NONE

POWERS:
Swarm Form: Insubstantial 2 (Extra: Permanent, Innate, Quirk: Limited by size of individual components), Movement 2 (Slithering, Wall-Crawling); 12 pts
Rat Attacks: 12 pt Array; 14 pts
Mass Distraction: Burst Area Affliction 6 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Disabled, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Duration [Concentration], Flaw: Limited to two degrees); 12 pts
Focused Bite: Multiattack Piercing Damage 2 (Extra: Duration [Concentration]); 1 pt
Mass Biting: Burst Area Piercing Damage 2 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Duration [Concentration]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +0 [Unarmed --]
Bite +10 [Focus Bite +2, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +0
Special Attack [Mass Distraction Affliction +6, Burst Area; Mass Sting Affliction +6, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will Immune

COMPLICATIONS:
NONE

Abilities -16 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Advantages 0 + Powers 26 + Defenses 17 = 32 / 32
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Vermin: Earth???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

You never know...
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

JDRook wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:18 am
How about this, Rook?
Web Swinging: Flight 4 (32 mph/500 fpr; Flaw: Platform, Quirk: needs high anchor point); 3 pts
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:09 am
JDRook wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:18 amI'd be tempted to make Swinging a Descriptor of the Platform Flight and adding a Complication that Spidey needs highpoints to swing from or he's just going to have to book it across open fields.
How about this, Rook?
Web Swinging: Flight 4 (32 mph/500 fpr; Flaw: Platform, Quirk: needs high anchor point); 3 pts
That could work. I tend to be pretty conservative with my flat flaws and lean toward more Complications. This would work really well for your builds, though, since you usually have a lot of little flavor features that balance it out.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

JDRook wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:55 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:09 am
JDRook wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:18 amI'd be tempted to make Swinging a Descriptor of the Platform Flight and adding a Complication that Spidey needs highpoints to swing from or he's just going to have to book it across open fields.
How about this, Rook?
That could work. I tend to be pretty conservative with my flat flaws and lean toward more Complications. This would work really well for your builds, though, since you usually have a lot of little flavor features that balance it out.
I like a Power Loss Complication better than a quirk, actually. Now I need to start updating 20 Spider People builds... :(

Thanks for the ideas!