Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Arkrite wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:57 pm
Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:47 pm Buying the armor wasn't really an issue. He offered to upgrade all your armor to fine for free, so it'd be the same if you bought it now since any further armor you wish to buy will be at base cost, but at fine level. It all works out the same in the end silver-wise.
I'm afraid I might have just misread the post.
So to clarify: he can upgrade an existing piece for free, or you can buy a new piece at normal price which he will upgrade?
He'll upgrade two pieces for free. And going forward, he can craft fine level armor, but he's only going to charge you the unuograded armor price.

You guys get both rewards.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Guuuuunmetal-sensei. I ask again, what's the best quality weaponsmith the town could provide? Or, hm, maybe I should ask that in character...
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

So very awkward!

Before putting in Armor for upgrade we should see how immediate the information on those Akuma are. Though it we have a few days might be a good plan for weapon upgrades (for those of you with funds, unlike Lloyd who spent everything on armor).
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Upgrades, people. Upgrades!
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Just noticed I never bumped up a stat or gained 3 Skill points upon gaining level 3.
With that in what passes for my mind nowadays :
Agility +1 to 5.
3rd Level Skills : Survival (Kno), Athletics (STR), Navigation (Kno)
4th Level Skills : Acrobatics (Agility), Force (STR), Anatomy to 2
Arcane Trick, Level 3 : Leap
Arcane Trick, Level 4 : Adjust Climate
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:52 pm Guuuuunmetal-sensei. I ask again, what's the best quality weaponsmith the town could provide? Or, hm, maybe I should ask that in character...
You can ask in character if you want, but Sepulcur is a fairly large city, and I'd say you can get upto the third highest level upgrades here.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Still looking at options, but would you allow a skill like 'Cross-Trained' that gives an extra die to Know rolls for URs?
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Vivid wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:31 am Still looking at options, but would you allow a skill like 'Cross-Trained' that gives an extra die to Know rolls for URs?
maybe nothing so broad spectrum, but i'm on board with the general concept.we can workshop it.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Maybe training with one other particular House's gear like Battle or Occult?
Gunmetal_Rainbow

I was thinking either that or by trade... But by trade would probably be a bit excessive.

Considering whether it should be limited to non-trade times though. Some of those trade items are really powerful.

Thoughts?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Core items (such as the iron skeleton or the auto-buckler) can't but used by others even IN that House so this skill (in whatever form) shouldn't apply to it. (I don't think they have a UR value. Is that what you meant by Trade items?)
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:30 pm Core items (such as the iron skeleton or the auto-buckler) can't but used by others even IN that House so this skill (in whatever form) shouldn't apply to it. (I don't think they have a UR value. Is that what you meant by Trade items?)
Well yes, if an item doesn't have a UR< this skill won't help anyone use those.

Trade items are items that specific trades use. Like the Glide Cape of strikers, or ammo coatings for sharpshooters.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

True, yes. 'Battle-trained' or 'Occult-trained' sounds about right. It would let the user do the URs for the items that aren't part of any trade such as the Carving Bar or Carving Shears which I think is what Vivid is looking for.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

True, yes. If Trade-specific we'd lose out on the first level basic Guild Items. Even House-specific is more restrictive than many of the skills (Athletics covers Swimming/climbing/jumping/running, and Navigation is good on land or sea, for example) but I can see the concern. Worth noting that many guild items don't apply since they seem to be specific to a non-impact melee weapon.

Wouldn't be sure that's a route I'd like to go anyway, especially as a person is very limited on hoe many Guild Items they can carry (Was going to suggest maybe Sashura include the carving bar in her gear for use with her growing Anatomy skill).

It was just a thought.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Wouldn't be sure that's a route I'd like to go anyway, especially as a person is very limited on hoe many Guild Items they can carry (Was going to suggest maybe Sashura include the carving bar in her gear for use with her growing Anatomy skill).
Maybe after a few more levels and more points into Anatomy, she MIGHT be competent enough to use a carving bar - Tier 3 is rough, and House Battle is known more for brawn than brains !

I ran a test to see how many would be 3 or more successes; out of forty 5d6 rolls, only five passed. Probably best to assist others for now.