Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

First part about dots of guild items is correct

I never realized levitate didn't have a duration. Let's call it an hour. Since you can recast it, it's unlikely that it will cause any actual problems in practice.

If the description says it makes you light as a feather, I am totally fine with you sewing a grab strap for your raptor to grab you and flying around, but I think while airborne you'll get automatic disadvantage on ranged attacks since you can't effectively brace yourself to have any semblance of accurate aim. But I won't make extra shots from full auto incur additional levels of disadvantage.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Oh wow, I only just realized we've had this game going for over a year now :D
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nicely done, glad that we havn't managed to die yet!
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

An hour, got it. Under the effects of levitate can one still 'walk'/propel themselves forward?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Gunmetal, would you consider a skill to allow Lloyd to aim better with a Hunter's Grasp from the Striker trade? I'm considering going that trade but his low perception might make their Core items... frustrating to use.

Also, it says it's triggered by Injury but is that injury before or after reduced by armor? The nature of the mounting seems like it'd work even if it was lodged in armor by did no damage. What do you think?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Vivid wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:42 pm An hour, got it. Under the effects of levitate can one still 'walk'/propel themselves forward?
By pulling or pushing themselves along, certainly, but they do not produce any natural propulsion otherwise. So you could push yourself along by using a stick or something to push against the ground, or pull yourself along a wall or something with even minor hand holds.
Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:52 pm Gunmetal, would you consider a skill to allow Lloyd to aim better with a Hunter's Grasp from the Striker trade? I'm considering going that trade but his low perception might make their Core items... frustrating to use.

Also, it says it's triggered by Injury but is that injury before or after reduced by armor? The nature of the mounting seems like it'd work even if it was lodged in armor by did no damage. What do you think?
I think it was asked before about a skill to add to the knowledge roll to hit the UR to use items outside ones house, which I had said I was fine with. I don't think a skill to apply to your own house items is unreasonable. (It is frankly a little strange since it's a trade meant for meleeista to get inclose and away, but requires a split build for melee and ranges to be effective)

I am inclined to agree about the claw anchoring even if the injury is negated by armor. It's a reasonable argument.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

I mean... *I* know what the reward is, but Sandra has no way to know exactly what you guys are going to run into.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ha, yeah, I just figured she'd offer the bare minimum as the starting point, should they run into an Akuma with a comment that the amount would increase depending on the danger level of the Akuma.

So when she didn't I was getting the impression she's being very indifferent to the life or death situation she's sending us into :lol:

"So how much?"
"Eh. If you survive I'll let you know."
"... I'm taking all of your sandwiches."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

lol.

Well, it's worth remembering that Sandra has the vilis coronam horns, so she knows a thing or two about encountering an akuma. That and as hunters, any time you leave the city can be life or death. Heck, you ran into deceivers IN the city.

But yeah, she could be seen coming off as a little jaded. That or she's just very confident in your abilities and doesn't even think to question your group will succeed.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Could be either or, really.

Right... I think I might take the scholar path, hopefully I can come across magic stuff to get more magics. Were we adepts, or were we experts?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

It's worth noting that, I believe, Gunmetal is following (or at least being inspired by) a pre-written adventure. It's unlikely the writers thought there'd be an unguilded PC that would need alternate motivation beyond "the Guildmaster said..."

Adventures always seem to do that - play loosey-goosey around character drives.

And I doubt we skipped straight to Expert, we're likely Adepts. That's how I modified Lloyd anyway. Striker Trade.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I wouldn't worry too much.
It just means he'll vote against attacking the Akuma if they run into one.
With this lot of crazy people I suspect he'll be outvoted ;~)
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Right, it goes Novice, Adept. So yeah, you guys are adepts. >_>
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

I'll be visitin' my folks back in Maryland for the week of 12/20 to 12/27, so no posts from Sashura for a week.

Happy Holidays all !
Gunmetal_Rainbow

I figured everyone might be getting occupied with the holiday fast approaching (Next week already!)

As a gift for you all, you'll get enough experience to bring you to the next level and a power! You can either choose (yes choose!) a new power, or upgrade one of your existing powers. And 1 silver bar each!

This is mainly covering the week long training montage you all are like as not to have while waiting for upgrades to be completed, and prepares you for heading off to Petram.