Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Willow shakes her head about having a power to break things. "Breaking the platforms prob'ly wouldn't stop the ceremony from happenin'... it'd jus' be less fancy, an' if we take off with my mum, someone else'll just get put to flame...it'd be selfish... there's gotta be another way..."

Out in the main room, Miriam looks at the other wielders, looking like she's struggling a little internally. "It....would be better if a way could be found to put an end to the sacrifices...but unless you convince the mayor that they aren't necessary any more, I'm afraid my leaving won't change anything. Someone else will be named."
Unfortunately, Miriam is steadfast in her duty, so 3 successes isn't going to cut it in convincing her to leave, but she'll at least be a bit more helpful than passive about her fate.
Flynnarrel

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: 4 || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd frowns.
"Mayor... hard man." Lloyd says scowling.

"How far, Old Petram?" he asks the older woman.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Miriam considers. "I've not been there myself. Besides the mayor, I'm not sure of anyone who has. I know it's in the Ashlands, and probably only a few hours on foot. Any more than that, you'll need to speak to the mayor."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

[How far away was the slightly smouldering area that Moira saw from the air through Raptage?]
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:58 pm Miriam considers. "I've not been there myself. Besides the mayor, I'm not sure of anyone who has. I know it's in the Ashlands, and probably only a few hours on foot. Any more than that, you'll need to speak to the mayor."
"We convince... or threaten..." Lloyd looks at Dog, "mayor, hold off on burning, few days. We promise to kill or drive off akuma, and flaming beast too. End burnings forever." Lloyd suggests.

"Is plan?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

Dog snorts.

"I wager even money that we even whisper about this around the guards, much less the Mayor, we're going to have a fight on our hands," Dog says, "No, they hear about it they'll want to lock us up until this is over. If we're lucky."

He didn't have much respect for the local law, and considering they'd rather let one person die than risk themselves? He wouldn't put it past them to just add a few more people to the fire.

"Probably better just trying to track this down ourselves. My bet is that burned up area nobody's allowed to go into," He says.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

Lloyd nods and turns to the young Moira.
"How far was burnt area?" The 1 day's time didn't give them much leeway.
[Are there any downsides to skipping a night's rest?]
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Not officially, but I reserve the right to throw in random disadvantages on things. :evil:
Hunting at night would also be tricky .
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Raptage AT (prime):

"OK, it sounds like we should just set out without delay, try to find Old Petram with only a vague idea where it is, kill or scare off an akuma, bring proof of this back to Petram to convince even the most stubborn of skeptics, and have them call off a sacrifice... in one day. This sound right to everyone?" Moira asks.

"Raptage can scout from the air to find the old village quicker. Can we think of a way portals can be used to our advantage?" Moira asks. "Maybe set one end by the pyres but don't activate it's end until we confront Helmontra, that way the village can watch for themselves AND we have a quick way back." she offers.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

Sashura considered what everyone else said.

"Dealing with this as soon as possible sounds like a good idea." she noted to Moira, "If not now, we'd have to wait a whole year to try again.

And someone else would be chosen to die.

Have to wonder what is going on here - WHY would anyone stay in a town where someone gets sacrificed every year if you don't have to ?

What is there to gain ? I know life can be short, brutal and cheap, but most expect at least something from a sacrifice like that !

At night, you can see a candle from a mile away; unfortunately, that is about the only thing you can see. But if our foes like fire, they
shouldn't be that hard to see."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

"Well, if we not talking to mayor, we should set off." Lloyd says. "Few hours to Ash lands. Maybe our passing will draw the fire-beast's attention." he sounds hopeful of this.

"Having portal here, by pyres, maybe good. Be ready to close quick if Helmontra tries to come through to here."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

From the sky, Moira's raptor should be able to reach the ashlands and with Moira's ability to share senses with it, she should be able to locate Petram and reach it to lay down a portal much faster than going it by foot, likely before full darkness sets in.

This of course runs the risk of alerting this "pyre witch" to your presence, if she doesn't somehow knock the raptor out of the air. The raptor flying lower will slow things down, leaving much less daylight, but less risk of the pyre witch noticing.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Raptage AT (prime):
[Pardon if folk were waiting on me to respond. Holidays ramping up.]
Moira lays out this possibility to the group. She's up for going in high and fast. The sooner they confront the Witch the better in her opinion.

"And I agree a portal from the pyre area itself is a good idea. Let them all see." Moira says.

"If that means she has enough forewarning to pull these flaming beasts to her... we can deal with that too."

"Is this our plan?" she asks.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

Ericka nods in agreement, "I think we can do it..."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

Lloyd nods and gathers his gear. Moira would need to make the first portal then, as he understood it, be out of commission in a semi-public place while her Bond flies to a separate place an hour or more away to create the second portal. No doubt they will draw the attention of the townsfolk. There will be enough time for the mayor and a gathering of guards to confront them about their task. They might try to interfere. Lloyd would endeavor to keep everyone safe. Barring that he would endeavor to keep his companions and the innocent safe. Semi-annual Murderers and their accomplices he was less inclined to keep safe.

A man of few words, he hefts Heartwood over his shoulder and steps to the door indicating he was ready.