Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka ducks her dips her body lightly in nervous affirmation.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: NA Wounds: 5/5

Dog grins, "Hey, I didn't get in a fight with that one. I'm still walking aren't I? That being said, don't talk trash about her dad's work."

"What's left of that guy makes me look downright pretty by comparison,"
He shakes his head, "But next time I go drinking with them I'm inviting you along. Feuding blacksmiths fight mean."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

Sashura thought for a moment while she made sure Chelydra was properly strapped down on her back, and those gas canisters for the Auto Buckler were properly secure.

"Uhyre ? That's the other side of the world from my home village in Sozo - LITERALLY !" she mused, "Well, I did want to travel to see what the rest of the world was like."

She noted Dog and Lloyd talking. They'd fit in really well back home - Sozonian DO love strength and violence !

"Ready to go." she stated to Sandra.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd gives an appreciative nod. "Let us go save a Petram." he says awkwardly, his rustic Uhyrian accent thick.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

So the group sets out, first to make any last minute stops to collect gear, then to the north gate of Sepulcur to meet up with Willow and the cart. Once you arrive, it is fairly clear Willow is a house of battle bruiser, judging by the industrial exo-frame she's loading into the back of the cart.

She waves as each of you approach. "Hope y'all're ready t' set off and rough it fer a few days. The trail ain't too bad fer travelin', but gets a bit rougher t' camp after we cross th' bridge."

Fortunately, it was a reasonably nice day, cloudy, but the sun putting in appearances between the fluffy white clouds now and then as they drift past, and none of the weather callers were expecting any major changes, though, that didn't exactly extend into Uhyre, which you would be reaching in a matter of hours.

Willow takes charge of the cart, hopping up to the driver bench to pilot the pulling horse. The carts has enough space up on hte bench for one more and even with all your gear in the cart, three more of you could pile in.
Last chance to do a quick aside for anything you want to do before leaving Sepulcur. I assume you already all bought any gear and supplies you want/need, but figured would give one last chance.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Leaving the city of Sepulcur by the north gate puts the party in view of the massive bridge known as Morvan's Pass. The Primian government has clearly spared no expensive in the restoration and improvement of this ancient bridge in an effort to build something truly magnificent. Ornate sculptures of gold and marble show the true majesty of Primian construction and one cannot help but be somewhat inspired by the sight.

As the group is leaving the gates, one of the guards hails the group. "Hail hunters. Be wary as you cross the Pass, word is there's a Boro-boro causing a menace. I'm sure you're more than capable to defend yourselves, just don't want it to catch you off guard." he throws up a respectful salute before heading back to his station.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Raptage AT:
Bearrage AT (prime):

Moira will call Raptage to her she'll get support from her friends in their 'Haunt Protocol' (off to the side of the road) in order to access her magics to duplicate the raptor totem, then transform her primary weapon into a bear to getter address whatever threat might be posed by this deceiver.

She'll mount Bearrage for the trip across but the way she bounces and holds on it's clear she's using the levitate magics at her disposal for the trip across the high bridge.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd will raise a fist in acknowledgement of the salute. Hunters didn't have a formal gesture like the military but he felt some return was warrented.

He would gladly help watch for Haunts at Moira's request.

As they approached the Bridge/Pass he would check the harness of his glide cape making sure it was fastened securely. He elected to walk rather than ride in the open seat of the cart. His Grappling Line was at the ready. He would have a small window of opportunity to scale the elusive flying deceiver, should it show up, and he wanted to be ready.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

"Attacking from the air..." The young woman mumbles, silently urging Tectus to recreate itself several(?) times, before she taps them to imbue them with a touch of her magic. Animated, she'll have the spears hover around her like as if guarding, ready to be launched towards any deceiver she sees.

OOC: The animate spell dosn't specify how long or how many weapons I can animate at a time, but if it's on the open ended side I think five spears is a reasonable number to have out. Duplicate lasts an hour as is, of course.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

Sashura quirked an eyebrow at Ericka's reaction to possibly encountering a flying deceiver - it was quite an impressive display of potential carnage ! All those explosive spears ready to attack !

Sashura was a bit guarded as well - there were large and dangerous critters back home in Sozo. Elephants. Crocodiles. Leopards. Deceivers. But at least they all had the courtesy to stay on the ground where she could get at them !

The Bora Bora may have a mobility advantage, but it still has to get within melee range to actually attack anyone. She hoped - could some of these arcane monsters breathe fire, or acid, or somehow hit at range ? That could be - annoying.

She wasn't taking any chances, so she started sharpening Chelydra's blade with a whetstone. She'd get to the dagger and short sword in her pack later if she had some spare time.

She spun her soul-bound weapon and made a few feints to get used to the slight change in weight distribution from having a crossguard installed.

"If I'm going to be goading monsters into attacking me, I'll need all the defenses I can get !" she mused as she did a quite double check of her Guardian gear.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

If everyone's ready, Moira will urge Bearrage forward to the bridge. She'll keep an eye on the skies (through her scope) for any trouble. Her duplicated Raptor will be flying low and nearby, also alert for trouble.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Willow looks thoughtful at the news of the boro-boro. "Nasty critters. Annoyin' with 'em all going up in the air an' stuff... but lookin' at you guys, I think y'all'll be fine. Plus y'got me n' Ampere here."

The day isn't great, but while threatening possible rain, doesn't seem intent to follow through on it, however as the group moves onto the bridge towards Petram, a cold fog rolls in, but with minimal traffic, it doesn't cause any particular issues with the bridge being able to accomodate four wagons passing each other with space to spare, however, after about an hour the group hears something from the thickening fog up ahead.

It doesn't take long to recognize the sounds of frantic cries for help with perhaps snapping wood.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings

Dog perks up at the noise from where he's lounging in the cart, "Huh. Well, that sounds like bait for an ambush if I ever heard it."

Even with his disinterested tone, he turns his attention to Lloyd. Knowing the big lug? He'd likely go charging in, and if that happened? Well, somebody'd need to watch Lloyd's back.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT: 4
Bearrage AT (prime): 2

This fog will limit Raptage's usefulness. With a whistle, the large bird flies to the bear-mounted Moira who reaches out to touch the bird who then suddenly reverts to gun form.

"Bait or not, if people are in trouble..." Moira says loading the newly formed gun as Bearrage speeds to a gallop toward the source of the screams.
When combat starts.
Bearrage recovery: Recovery: 6D6 = [5, 4, 2, 1, 4, 3] = 19
uhg, 2
Moira Recovery: Recovery: 6D6 = [5, 6, 4, 2, 1, 5] = 23
so 4
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings

"If it's bait than the people in trouble are us!" Dog calls after Moira before shaking his head and climbing out of the cart to follow.