Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Vivid

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Bearrage AT (prime):

Moira nods and steps a little away (though still in range for people to help if Haunts are summoned.

She asks Willow for direction and vague distance Petram was and empowered Totem with Bridging magics. She then sends Raptage in the indicated directions and looks for signs of the village through the bird's eyes. She'll set down the end portal a longbow shot away from the outskirts of the village. Closer if she sees trouble.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

It takes a while, but not having to traverse through woodland paths with a wagon certain does speed things up. While Willow does know where Petram is, she's never approached from the sky, so it's not quite so easy to just point a direction and say go straight, but all the same, it only takes a few hours rather than the better part of a day it would have taken before Moira is able to locate Patram from above.
This will be your last opportunity to ask Willow about Petram before arriving there if you had any questions. Otherwise, you guys can go ahead through Moira's bridging portal and carry on
Flynnarrel

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: 4 || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

"Petram," Lloyd says. "How big?"

"Stories of Hel-mon-tra or.... burning?" he asks, sounding out the unfamiliar name.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Willow ponders, an expression coming over her face as she thinks back on her home village. "Petram ain't big. Use to be bigger, I recall, but 'bout fifty years ago there was an accident and decimated what we call 'Old Petram'. Being tough Primian outcast types that took on the values and virtues of Uhyurian culture, they rebuilt the vilage to what it is today. I ain't been home in a long time, but probably no more than a few hundred folks living there unless somethin's changed."

Willow then shakes her head. "Been an age since I been home though, like I said, so I know 'bout as much as y'all 'bout any Helmontra. I got a few theories, but don' wanna get too ahead of myself."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

Lloyd looks pleased at the mention of Uhyrian values. His own Northern tribe prided themselves as hardy folk, resilient in the ways of survival and perseverance.

Lloyd frowns in confusion as he holds up one finger, then two, then three silently going over the equivalent words in the Southern language.

"'Age' is... how many?" Lloyd asks.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

"Somewhere north of too long, and south of long enough, I'd wager," Dog opines, "Sometimes it ain't easy going home again."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

Sashura had heard tales of Primium from her father, who visited there on business many years ago.

He said they took religion very seriously there. About as seriously as the people of Sozo took physical strength and endurance.

At least Petram was, according to Willow, a small town of about a few hundred or so people.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Raptage AT (prime):

Moira's eyes were silvered over as she shared sight with the raptor but she heard what transpired.

"Old Petram? 50 years ago? Do you know the story there? or, maybe, where 'Old' Petram is?"
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Willow nods to Dog. "Ya got the right of it, in both respects."

Looking towards Moira, Willow shrugs slightly. "Sort of a complicared question. Y'see, as I hear it, there was an accident that ended up burning the village down, and there weren't many survivors, an' of 'em only some went on to build up Petram as she is t'day." she holds up a hand as if to stop anyone before they go making any crazy logical leaps. "Long 'n short, it's unreliable information. It's clear the place burned down, but I don't wanna jump the gun an' assume it's connected jus' yet..."

Despite saying that, Willow looks uneasy.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Raptage AT (prime):

Moira frowns. "Boris could not have been around 50 years ago. If the akuma that turned him is still talking about it, either Helmontra is claiming responsibility for something she didn't do or she's holding on to a faded glory of the past like some old hunters do." Moira says urging Raptage to fly a little faster.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

Lloyd considers Moira's words but ultimately shakes his head.
"Time might be... different to akuma. 50 years, us. Yesterday, them." Lloyd says.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka offers a hesitant shrug. Akuma are frankly terrifying beings of eldrich minds and natures. They should know, having all having had the 'pleasure' to negotiate with one personally. A mere fifty years could be little more than an eyeblink or as long as an eternity, depending on how the individual being willed themselves to perceive it.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Raptage AT (prime):

Moira concedes the point but has no other input or questions.
[What might she see when Raptage gets closer to New Petram?]
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Nothing spectacular really. From the sky, you can make out a large swath of forest that looks like it was burned down a long time ago, but never regrew and not too far from there you can find Petram, though it's strangely quiet for this early part of the day. You can see the reason for this seems to be some kind of gathering in the center of town.

Nothing seems to be happening at the gathering just yet, just the townsfolk all filtering in, waiting for whatever this is about to start.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Raptage AT (prime):

"I think there's some kind of rally or speech about to happen." Moira reports. "Let me have Raptage set the end portal about a three minute walk from where people are gathering."

Unless there are objections she'll do so.