Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: NA Wounds: 5/5

"Sure. Did everybody get their haunts?" Dog asks. Last thing they needed was to bring those little pests with them. Always ended badly.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

Though absolutely covered in whatever passed for as blood in a deceiver, Ericka seemed to pay no mind to it. Instead she was once again fiddling with her malumeter. "Erhm... I'm not detecting any more of them nearby. Either we popped them all or some slipped away..."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Moira stores the soft and hard parts in leak-proof oilskins for later sorting.

She'll check whatever rig or system they came for Bearrage to bear or assist with transportation of the hooves. "I think we're ready."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

After a quick hunt to track down and eliminate any straggling haunts, the group finished heading back to Sepulcur with thier prize, lashed to the back of a bear. While the bear would cause an uproar in town, a few silver allows them to rent a porter with a wagon that can help them bringing the hooves to Thorson's forge.

"Aye me! I wasn;t expectin' you'd be back so soon! Much less with the hooves!" he seems baffled, but overjoyed that you've returned safely and with the hooves, which he is currently inspecting while he has his apprentices unload them from the wagon. [a]"Aye, give me a few days with these and I'll have all new tools and be ready to forge very fine armor indeed!"[/b]

Franny is also there, examining the warchmogger hooves, but from a bit further back, not wanting to get in her father's way in his boy-like excitement. She does look very impressed with the lot of you, especially considering none of you look all that worse for wear.
As a quick reminder, the reward for completing this task is that he was offering to give all your armor free upgrades to fine, though of course doing so will take a number of days to complete, even with him and his daughter (who is nearly as good an armorer as he is, even if he won't openly admit that) working at it. A day per two pieces being upgraded.

He will also start forging fine armor (+1 to armor resistances), but for your assistance, he'll charge you only the base armor cost, but it will take a while for him to get some stock up and running, though if you have any requests, he can start with those and get them forged out along with the free upgrades.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Moira also wishes to turn in her report to the bulletsmith complete with measurements. She used all 5 experimental bullets the smith gave her. (I think it was 5).
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

"Well, Moira has errand and we must go to Guild but, if no pressing matter, we return to drop off armor pieces. Two each, yes?" Lloyd asks, laying out a plan for their afternoon.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

Sashura's ribs felt a bit sore from that whack she took from the Warchmogger, but it was nothing the use of med kit and a good night's sleep couldn't fix.

Heading out to the Guild Hall sounded like a good idea - she had some ideas about how to better do her job. (Whether her ideas were good or otherwise has yet to be determined ...)

A FREE improvement to some pieces of armor was welcome news - it might make the difference between getting hurt and shrugging it off.

And she had an idea of what pieces to upgrade; she'd been planning to buy some more pieces of armor anyways, so why not get them upgraded right out of the gate ?

"I was planning on buying some splint greaves, and some scale pauldrons." she stated to the smiths, "So you can work your skills on them."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Raptage AT:

"Oh, I have Monster parts if we want to divy those up." Moira suggests. "With Ericka's we have almost 2 each. Impact and Pierce are always the hardest to protect against. Elemental too. You'd need 1 soft for the Impact protection, one vital for elemental, but two of either for the layers needed to guard against piercing." she says. "Do I have that right, Master Armorer?"
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Thorson and Franny look excited to get started. "Aye lass." Thorson confirms to Moira. "And indeed, feel free to bring in whatever pieces of armor you'd like us to work on. It'll take a few days all said, but we'll give it our priority attention."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka fidgeted for a while, considering the offer with appreciation yet also weighing something else in mind. "Uhm... E-excuse me but... Do you know of anyone I could go to for... Modifying my weapons? T-the fight with the deceiver pointed out some... Flaws I have, which... Could be covered."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: NA Wounds: 5/5

Dog sets his helmet and chestplate down on the counter, "These will work. Just ignore the scratches."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

When moira returns to Rudolph the munitions maker, he is quite excited to hear all about the encounters you had in the field with his new piercing rounds. After regaling the tale, he presents Moira with a full LMG clip with his finest bullets, informing her to keep on the lookout for his patented AP Rounds once they hit the market. The clip is even a Fast Clip. Looks like he pulled a string to get Moira a little added bonus.

Thorson and Franny gather up all the armor to be upgraded, noting down the pieces to be made as well and let the group know it will take a week to get it all done. While he can outsource the layered upgrade to an apprentice, only the two of them he feels confident enough with the new tools once they are made, and not to be rude, shoos you lot off so he can get to work and finish your upgrades and new armor as quickly as possible.

Ericka and Sashura, looking for upgrades for thier weapons, get referred to a tinker by the name of Cole. Unfortuantely, the ultra sharpness Ericka is looking for won't be available here, though Cole can recommend someone back in Prim who would certainly be capable for that. The reason is doable, it'll only take him three days to do both upgrades.

It seems all that is left is to head back to the guild and report to Sandra.
Quick note, armor can only hold one upgrade, so it cannot be Fine and Layered. So Moira will have to choose a different piece of armor for that upgrade, but it doesn't impact the time really
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Moira also wanted Bearrage to be made Ultralight, a Good Upgrade. She instead puts her boots in for layering.

After the Weaponsmiths Moira asks the others "Shall we report to the Watch about the gang, I think Lloyd was carrying the axes to turn in as proof, or to the Guild to talk about what we learned and report on the deceiver's destruction?"

She stows her new clip and ammo carefully hoping she'd have the wisdom to know when to use the precious resource.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

"Yes." the woodsman confirms patting his pack where the wrapped blades were stored. "Guards next." he suggests orienting on the headquarters.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Missed Ultra lite for Bearrage. It takes an extra two days, so five days which are concurrent with the armor, so they will all be done the same time.

Edit: sorry, extra THREE days. But, it is also reasonable to assume you can bring your respective weapons to different tinkerers, one more specialized in firearms while the other more in traditional weapons, so we'll just say they will be done before the armor, which is pretty much all being done in the one place.