Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Moira brings her totem down a safe distance from the akuma, breaking it's sightline before maneuvering to the edge of the village around the side of the wreckage of a ruined building, providing cover for the portal so there shouldn't be any fireballs being fired through to the village.

To the hunters, the portal opens facing outwards, away from the town, making entry necessary to do any kind of scouting, but in exchange providing that little bit of extra safety and cover for the portal itself.

Willow speaks up as the hunters prepare to cross over. "I'll stay at the portal. No telling what kind of corrupted creatures occupy the area there with how long this akuma seems to have been there. I'll hold it against anything that comes while you guys deal with the akuma."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: -- || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

With bulging strength, Lloyd hefts the barrel and soaked cloth-laden hand cart and wheels it through the portal.

He'll take a moment on the other side to cast Sense Life then look around.
cunning for trick: [6d6=6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 6] 26
More than enough.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Lloyd can see some traces of life more on the edge of his trick's sensory range away from the village, but nothing inside. You're not close enough to pick up the akuma, but Lloyd doesn't implicitly know that. Moira would though.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Raptage AT (prime):

Moira, still levitating, drifts through the portal to be alighted upon by Raptage immediately. The raptor was breathing a little heavy but nuzzled into her white hair to indicate that it was ready for more.

Moira raised her other arm and a copy of Raptage, fresh, appears there.
She then turns Raptage Prime, her original bonded weapon, back in to a gun and slaps in the magazine with armor-piercing rounds.

"The Burning Lady is that way." She points. "About <x> feet away." she says.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

The epicenter where Helmontra was standing was about 150 feet (~50 meters) away. Moira can recall which direction, as well as ways they can approach to get to the starting area for the battle map! But I'll need rolls for every one to get there unnoticed, so Sneak would be relevent, otherwise Agility. You can pitch anything else you think might be helpful to the task as well.

Keep in mind, Vivid, Helmontra was aware of Raptage and probably knows it was a totem (akuma can innately sense magic)

Also, I have updated the map on Roll20!! You may place yourselves anyside the area cornered off with the orange line.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

Sashura takes a moment to prime her Auto-Buckler so it would be ready should anything attack before stepping through the portal.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Moira will draw a crude map of the intervening buildings.

"I recommend a two-prong approach. If you can be stealthy I think going North then hugging the building past this tree, then use the cart as cover to get close. If you can't or want a more direct approach or think you can charm her, go East, then North, in full view. Lloyd, you have your communication trick, right? That can help us stay in touch.. I think I would try going North and sneaking my way to a better position, maybe even sending Raptage high and porting there for a sniper's nest."

"Do you guys think I'm over thinking this?" Moira asks, concerned.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

Lloyd grunts to acknowledge distance.
[Will Life Sense persist for a minute or does it need to be recast?]
Gunmetal_Rainbow

I should mention, Vivid, you can use the Roll20 map since you did get a good look from above (If you were already doing that, then keep up the good work :P)

Sense Life lasts "a few seconds", which to me means a few rounds, but I'll give it a minute, sure.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

Lloyd nods at the Scout-sniper's plan. While the woodsman was descent at moving quietly, pulling the hand cart would hamper his stealth. "I go East then North. In plain sight. If you need, take wet cloak." Lloyd suggests.

He'll put Whispering Wind on one of those going stealthy so there's a communication link.

He'll pause to let any grab a soaked blanket/cloak then start wheeling the hand cart along the indicated Eastern route. His pace is slow and plodding and he'll recast Sense Life if it expires. He's looking for any auras that might indicate hidden watchers or ambushers.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

Lets out a deep breath as she steps out into the ash lands, taking some sense of comfort in the feel of her twin weapons upon her thighs. From her quiver, the multidate of Tectus rattle dangerously with their explosive payloads. She didn't know how well they're fair against an Akuma of fire, but, she'd be giving her all for this fight regardless. When Lloyd mentioned the cloaks, she was quick to take one and down it.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

Dog quietly grumbles as he puts on the wet cape, muttering about how much time it's going to take to get the rust out of his armor.

With that in place he makes his way for the stealth route to sneak up on the unspeakable killer monster who was likely to explode him into flames on sight.

'I should have just married the blacksmith's daughter,' He admitted to himself.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

Sashura grabbed one of the wet blankets and draped it around herself, before heading east along the non-sneaky path.

She wasn't sure if she even could be sneaky enough to evade an Akuma, and stealth wasn't her style anyway.
The requested Stealth roll :
Stealth roll 1.16.2023: 6#1d6t5 0 0 0 0 0 0
NO SUCCESSES ! - 0 [1d6t5=4] 0 [1d6t5=1] 0 [1d6t5=3] 0 [1d6t5=2] 0 [1d6t5=4] 0 [1d6t5=1]. 4,1,3,2,4,1 - not a 5 or 6 in the bunch.
Last edited by Prof Weird on Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Milhaus

Lloyd Connects his whispery voice to Dog so that a person in each group could coordinate and continues plodding with the drawn cart.
cunning trick: 6d6 22 [6d6=5, 1, 2, 4, 4, 6] whispering winds successful
He'll pause before turning the corner to tell dog they were about to get her attention and they can make their final approach.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT:
Raptage AT (prime):
I can't seem to control Raptage.]

Moira drifts to Dog's side, her feet not touching the pavement. [Levitating]
sneak: 4D6 = [4, 5, 1, 3] = 13
2 successes for an unstealthy sniper. 3 if Levitating gives advantage :)